Zombies release countdown and DLC news.

In german we say like "TE" for thread creator or topic creator or thread starter, so can I say "TC" or "TS" in English Boards? Whatever...

For guys like me, that just wanna know, what is going on with zombies, it's kinda hard to get the information together. This thread is actually the most informative I've found. But I still had to check a huge amount of spoilers, just to get a lil' impression. Wouldn't the "TC" be interested - or someone else - to create a little, short information box with stuff like:

[*:3bwlybrj]Play Modes ( I heard of 4v4, 8ppl max and stuff like that )
    [*:3bwlybrj]Maps ( I kinda catched all over the place some map names, but what's the topic of them, how do they look, future, past present, easter eggs )
    [*:3bwlybrj]Guns (Future guns too?)
    [*:3bwlybrj]Game Mechanics
    [*:3bwlybrj]Charakters (Haven't see Nikolai in the trailer :o:o )
    [*:3bwlybrj]Story (I guess some dudes are interested in that)
    [*:3bwlybrj]and the rest

I don't even know, if there already is some summary of all these points. But it would just be gread to have it on one look, so guys like me don't have to search for all of that, point for point.

I know, that a lot of stuff is just rumor and speculation. I guess a good review of the facts would also include the most understandable theories, such as "It is not known what the wunderweapon does, but the community is pretty sure that it will work in the following way: .....)

So do we have something like that already or would someone like to do that, or is this summary of facts I'm thinking off not necessary in general?

• Replies 661
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Ok guys have added a new section in red and would like some feedback :)

Do you like it and is it helpful ?

Would you like more categories like this with screenshots of maps, characters and other things like this ?

What else would you like added to the topic ?

Thanks guys will make a decision in a few days weather or not to keep the new section so feedback would be appreciated :D

• Moderators

Ok guys have added a new section in red and would like some feedback :)

Do you like it and is it helpful ?

Would you like more categories like this with screenshots of maps, characters and other things like this ?

What else would you like added to the topic ?

Thanks guys will make a decision in a few days weather or not to keep the new section so feedback would be appreciated :D

I like it.

Except that you wrote everything in red. (kinda hurts my eyes ^^)

This thread is a thread about the information leading up to Black Ops 2's release. I think adding that stuff would turn it into something else entirely.

I agree with this. Just keep it everything related to the release to BO2 day by day. Just keep it as detailed as possible like you have and find everything you can for each day. Keep updating it and it'll be an awesome thread all the way up til the release.

You've done a great job with the formatting, feedback, and updates with this and people have definately taken notice. Keep up the good work.

EDIT:

I agree and the countdown will always be at the top of the post and the main point of the post...

I'm just trying to add some more depth to the post and relay as much information to the community as possible :)

Don't worry, we've only just seen the first trailer. I'm sure we're going to continue to see more and more as we near the release. The thread should hold strong as it is for now. I applaud your enthusiam though, but I'd keep it as is.

Was just thinking, maybe you could add new features that will be added to zombies:

Stat tracking: Zombie fans will now have "extensive stats" attached to their monster hunting sessions, much like multiplayer fans have in the competitive part of the game.

Leaderboards: Stat tracking transitions into leaderboards for each zombie mode and can be broken down in detailed ways, like ranking based on maps. As an example, Lamia says players could check rankings for Survival in one particular area. "That will have its own leaderboard," Lamia added, mentioning detailed breakdowns for the other modes as well. "A lot more leaderboards, a lot more stats."

Improved Matchmaking: Using the multiplayer system, the game will attempt to match players faster than it has in the past. Because stats are tracked, Lamia says, Treyarch "will do [its] best" to match players with similar skill in the zombies mode. Of course, players can jump in and play with friends or anyone of varied skill levels if they choose.

Custom Games: "Now we're going to let you create custom games of the modes I just talked about," Lamia says. Creating a custom zombie game, players can make a series of decisions including setting a starting round (with players given points at the beginning of the match that are relative to the round choice, so players can purchase weapons and items to help them survive), you can set challenges like 'Headshots Only' at the beginning of the match or at specific rounds, turn magic items off (no perk machines, no 'Pack-a-Punch,' no mystery boxes). Lamia says there will be a laundry list of tweaks players can make.

http://www.joystiq.com/2012/09/26/call- ... re_twitter

IT could be appropriate to split the post. So in concrete, leave this topic as day by day informtation, and create a new post with the summary of the facts. So that people who know everything and are just interested in news can refer to this topic, but people who have no clue and just need a general information, can refer to the other, new thread.