Zombies release countdown and DLC news.

Really don't know where to start regarding today's trailer ....

Well for starters it looks amazing the map looks great and the 4z4 mode sounds like alot of fun. I do have a couple of concerns tho regarding the classic mode.

Ok so they have said that the classic maps will be areas from tranzit and that's where my worry is, although i have no worries these maps will deliver in the game-play area i do worry about the aesthetic of the maps. from what we have seen it looks as if all the area's have the same color pallet and style and i worry that the classic mode maps may get a little boring after a while because of this.

I assume we have only seen small parts of each area and there maybe some inside areas like a hospital or shopping complex to change the scenery, i really do hope so because i don't want every map to have the same general design (lava in cracks, storm in sky, mist in street etc etc) i guess they could make a map set in the day that could change the look.

I trust Treyarch to make some great maps i just hope they have thought about this cause the round based classic mode is the reason zombies even exist and i wold really hate to see that get boring because of maps that are too similar...

Don't worry, my friend. They will come through. From what I've seen, the insides of buildings look pretty awesome bright. I think we'll be just fine. :)

• Replies 661
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Moderators

Well for starters it looks amazing the map looks great and the 4z4 mode sounds like alot of fun. I do have a couple of concerns tho regarding the classic mode.

Ok so they have said that the classic maps will be areas from tranzit and that's where my worry is, although i have no worries these maps will deliver in the game-play area i do worry about the aesthetic of the maps. from what we have seen it looks as if all the area's have the same color pallet and style and i worry that the classic mode maps may get a little boring after a while because of this.

I assume we have only seen small parts of each area and there maybe some inside areas like a hospital or shopping complex to change the scenery, i really do hope so because i don't want every map to have the same general design (lava in cracks, storm in sky, mist in street etc etc) i guess they could make a map set in the day that could change the look.

I trust Treyarch to make some great maps i just hope they have thought about this cause the round based classic mode is the reason zombies even exist and i wold really hate to see that get boring because of maps that are too similar...

I kinda have to disagree.

We don't know how good (or bad...but who really thinks it will be bad?) Tranzit will be.

Maybe it will be the best zombie map ever.

And I would love to have 4 maps taken from one big amazing map.

For example: I always wanted another map which had the same style like der Riese.

And maybe something like that will happen with Tranzit

Off topic: I live in Germany and the german politicians tend to cry about violent video games (or games with "Nazi content")...so what usually happened with those games is that they got censored. It happened with WaW (there was no gore and NO ZOMBIE MODE)

And with BO as well (no gore...which means no crawlers) but now they decided to release BO2 uncensored...awwwwww yea... :lol:

Which means I am allowed to play the zombie mode with people outside of Germany.

Had to get that off my chest... :D

I kinda have to disagree.

We don't know how good (or bad...but who really thinks it will be bad?) Tranzit will be.

Maybe it will be the best zombie map ever.

And I would love to have 4 maps taken from one big amazing map.

For example: I always wanted another map which had the same style like der Riese.

And maybe something like that will happen with Tranzit

Off topic: I live in Germany and the german politicians tend to cry about violent video games (or games with "Nazi content")...so what usually happened with those games is that they got censored. It happened with WaW (there was no gore and NO ZOMBIE MODE)

And with BO as well (no gore...which means no crawlers) but now they decided to release BO2 uncensored...awwwwww yea... :lol:

Which means I am allowed to play the zombie mode with people outside of Germany.

Had to get that off my chest... :D

Seems a bit harsh and I dont think they should be allowed to do that but I suppose they have their reasons. I think most of us take for granted just buying the game and playing it without any problems, I know I do but I never really thought about it. But hey at least you will be able to play it fine this time round without any problems :D

• Moderators

I don't mean to sound harsh, i'm sure the maps will be excellent and i completely respect and understand how time and effort that has gone into the maps, so I'm sure they will be great even if they share the same aesthetic ....

You don't sound harsh,friend. ;)

Completely understand your concerns.

Just wanted to "calm you down" (can't think of a better choice of words right now...it is late) but you know what I mean.

And now you should give some of your views on the achievements!!! :lol:

Lol the achievments confuse the hell outta me, but i will give it a go :P

tower of babel

I'm hoping the tower of babel will be some kind of way to communicate with the crew stuck on the moon, maybe you will have to activate a teleporter at the top to get them back to earth...

Don't fire until you see

I think the lava sets you on fire, so you have have to avoid and get all the doors open.

The light of there eyes

I'm starting to think green-run maybe like Dead ops and throwing an EMP will be a weapon type.

Dance on my grave

This i think will be collecting your tombstone after you respawn and you get a powerup, again i think this will be like DOA

You have no power over me

I think this will be disobeying Richtofen in some way.

I don't think they exist

I think the forest will be in the center of tranzit, and the denizens will be some other form of creature, not a zombie tho which will grab you and take a way health..

happy hour

Maybe using some kind of equipment you can power certain machines before the power comes on...

I left a couple out but what you think?

Lol the achievments confuse the hell outta me, but i will give it a go :P

tower of babel

I'm hoping the tower of babel will be some kind of way to communicate with the crew stuck on the moon, maybe you will have to activate a teleporter at the top to get them back to earth...

Don't fire until you see

I think the lava sets you on fire, so you have have to avoid and get all the doors open.

The light of there eyes

I'm starting to think green-run maybe like Dead ops and throwing an EMP will be a weapon type.

Dance on my grave

This i think will be collecting your tombstone after you respawn and you get a powerup, again i think this will be like DOA

I think this will be disobeying Richtofen in some way.

I don't think they exist

I think the forest will be in the center of tranzit, and the denizens will be some other form of creature, not a zombie tho which will grab you and take a way health..

happy hour

Maybe using some kind of equipment you can power certain machines before the power comes on...

I left a couple out but what you think?

tower of babel

Probably a radio tower where you can contact O4 or Richtofen, or Maxis...

Don't fire until you see

Yup, lava and zombies on fire, so it probably will be a very hard achievement.

The light of there eyes

Green run could be a challenge or a hidden quest in TranZit... Green run kind of tells me "Don't use cars to transport", because you know... These times people like to be "green", which means environmentally friendly. How does that relate to the achievement - I have no idea!

Dance on my grave

I think you will just need to find the tombstone, and it can randomly spawn in some places in the map, that's why we did not see it in the trailer.

Maybe not Richtofen, but one of the two voices... Cause there will probably be more than one.

happy hour

Or maybe a lightning? We've seen some in the trailer, what if it hits the perk machine and powers it up for a short amount of time?

happy hour

Or maybe a lightning? We've seen some in the trailer, what if it hits the perk machine and powers it up for a short amount of time?

I like this idea really hope they do something like this.

i have been putting some thought into "the forest" and i'm thinking this will be one of the coolest area's in tranzit, i'm thinking this will be in the middle of the map and it will be the largest area, it will be superdark and super creepy, i think it's gonna be easy to get lost and i doubt there will be many zombies in this area, just a few to jump out at you, or maybe not even zombies maybe crawler like creatures who watch you before attacking you can hear them before you can see them...

I personally think this would be really cool and would bring the fear back to zombies imagion strolling threw the forest it's pitch black, there's no sound and you only see with your flash light, you hear the crack of a stick in the distance you find a small house and head inside blood plastered on the wall with messages telling you there's no way out, you find a old recording from the mysterious group 935 which describes experiments on humens in this very forest, test using element 115 that went wrong the screams of the scientist's last moments, you head back into the darkness to find a research facilty, heading inside you find experiments that had obviously gone wrong recordings that tell the story, and then hundreds of crawlers come bursting threw the windows and doors, you run while shooting what you can, finally you escape the forest just to find hundreds of zombies waiting too eat you alive ....

what you guys think :)

• Moderators

I like this idea really hope they do something like this.

i have been putting some thought into "the forest" and i'm thinking this will be one of the coolest area's in tranzit, i'm thinking this will be in the middle of the map and it will be the largest area, it will be superdark and super creepy, i think it's gonna be easy to get lost and i doubt there will be many zombies in this area, just a few to jump out at you, or maybe not even zombies maybe crawler like creatures who watch you before attacking you can hear them before you can see them...

I personally think this would be really cool and would bring the fear back to zombies imagion strolling threw the forest it's pitch black, there's no sound and you only see with your flash light, you hear the crack of a stick in the distance you find a small house and head inside blood plastered on the wall with messages telling you there's no way out, you find a old recording from the mysterious group 935 which describes experiments on humens in this very forest, test using element 115 that went wrong the screams of the scientist's last moments, you head back into the darkness to find a research facilty, heading inside you find experiments that had obviously gone wrong recordings that tell the story, and then hundreds of crawlers come bursting threw the windows and doors, you run while shooting what you can, finally you escape the forest just to find hundreds of zombies waiting too eat you alive ....

what you guys think :)

I would love zombies to actually scare me.

And I love forests,so...sign me up.

A nice prologue to your story would be: You are driving through the forest to the next area and then out of the blue...the engine stops working.

And you have to walk the rest of the way (with almost no ammo)...

DISCLAIMER: I am pretty childish in the next part and (kinda) off topic

The forest would have it's own easter egg as well.

The reward for completing it would be a phone.

With that phone you would be able to call the ghost busters,who would shit their pants. Then the Stay Puft Marshmallow Man would appear and the Ghostbusters would fight against him. That would be your chance to steal their car and get away.

Marshmallow would throw them all the way to the moon.

There they would be the perfect meal for the original crew. (since they are still stuck up there with nothing to eat)

The forest would have it's own easter egg as well.

The reward for completing it would be a phone.

With that phone you would be able to call the ghost busters,who would shit their pants. Then the Stay Puft Marshmallow Man would appear and the Ghostbusters would fight against him. That would be your chance to steal their car and get away.

Marshmallow would throw them all the way to the moon.

There they would be the perfect meal for the original crew. (since they are still stuck up there with nothing to eat)

GENIUS !!!!

Thanks really enjoy making it :D

I loved the trailer, it got me super excited about whats coming, it showed just enough to keep me satisfied i think the music was great too (as much as i miss elena), i think the the trailer showed a completely new side of zombies that no one expected and that's just what i needed from the game :mrgreen:

I think for me i would like to see some more 4z4 information this is the part I'm most interested in at the moment, it sounds like greifing the other players could be alot of fun and i really wanna know how this works, also i would like to know what maps the 4z4 will run on, I'm hoping that they will bring back the classic maps for this mode that would be awesome :D