Zombies release countdown and DLC news.

• Replies 661
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The zombies look really nice.

And the song is kinda meh. (sounds better than not ready to die though.

I am a bit confused with the second picture,why is only one eye,of the zombie,on the left glowing?

And the bus driver is now confirmed to be a robot. imo

That is all I have.

I noticed the only one eye glowing thing, I am sure that must mean something cause I doubt they would miss something like that. Maybe it means there is lots of different types of zombies now and that's how you tell which one is which, a bit like dead island with infected zombies and walkers.

• Moderators

So some people say,that the first pic may be the nuketown map. (because of the truck)

But why does the zombie wear the same patient gown like the zombies in the trailer?

A Treyarch uses the same model and textures because they are lazy

B They use the same zombie model for nuketown

C They want to hint at something

D The map in the teaser is Nuketown zombies

And a :mrgreen: because this thread is now stickied.

• Moderators

I noticed the only one eye glowing thing, I am sure that must mean something cause I doubt they would miss something like that. Maybe it means there is lots of different types of zombies now and that's how you tell which one is which, a bit like dead island with infected zombies and walkers.

Maybe it is some kind of indicator to tell you how much health a zombie has left?

Maybe it is some kind of indicator to tell you how much health a zombie has left?

Possibly, would be a good little touch to zombies.

just a couple of things my girlfriend noticed (she isn't a gamer so she notices the little details ;))

From the second picture :)

The zombie at the front is wearing some kind of neck piece, looks like a collar of some sort...

Some zombies have yellow eye's, are there two different people controlling the zombies ?

Why is there an electrical storm happening ?

The bus has defences on the front does this mean you can add stuff to it ?

• Moderators

I don't know what that neck piece is.

Where does she see zombies with orange eyes? (to the right of the bus?)

I'm gonna blame global warming on the storm. (or the fact that a couple of rockets hit the earth)

The defences look like something you can't really move with. (some kind of barrier?)

Nevermind that. looked at it agains and it is only in front of the bus. At my first look it looked like a barrier.

I've been watching this site. This thread in particular for quite some time, and now that it's literally hours until the world premier I figured it was time to finally make an account.

Really I'm so pumped for zombies, everything in here is just more excitement.

Love the way the thread post is laid out by the way. Great work :D

• Moderators

Yeh and the one by the building, the eye's are a different colour ...

Would the rockets cause an electrical storm ?

I mean the one at the front of the bus it wasn't on the bus in the trailer if i remember correctly.

I think they are meant to be blue and just look different because they are further away.

Don't know,just throwing things out there,but I doubt that the weather would be unaffected by such a disaster.

No it wasn't...maybe we can tune the bus (NFS style? :lol: ) maybe change the color as well? :lol:

• Moderators

I've been watching this site. This thread in particular for quite some time, and now that it's literally hours until the world premier I figured it was time to finally make an account.

Love the way the thread post it laid out by the way. Great work :D

Welcome to the site.

You'll enjoy your stay here. (hopefully) :)

You could also post an introduction in the introductions section.

Love the way the thread post it laid out by the way. Great work :D

Welcome to the site.

You'll enjoy your stay here. (hopefully) :)

You could also post an introduction in the introductions section.

Oh, Thank you!

I'll be sure to do that :)

In the preview the bus is simple. No spikey crap in the front, no visible ladder, sleeker frame, et cetera. So maybe you can buy new busses, or upgrade it?

Like making it big and bulky improves power / durability, the thing on the front might act like a "cow catcher" or whatever it's called on trains and kills zombies in front of you? Furthermore you might be able to buy the hatch to get up on the roof if you have a decent sniper or other marksman's gun.

I can see how riding around in a city on the roof of a bus where zombies undoubtedly jump from roofs can be a problem. Imagine cruisin' 'round town, raygun in hand, decimating the zombies staggering after your fully armed and operational war machine. LIKE A BOSS.

Mechanics-wise, I would imagine that if this were so, you could simply buy the wheels for example. They would get hit by a zap of lightning like when you clear debris and WHAMMO! Your bus is now faster. Simple, yet effective.

What up with the zombie climbing OUT of the front window of the bus...?

The electrical storm in the sky seems to support the generally popular theory of an electrical boss - looks like you're gonna get what you wanted, Electric ;)

The driver does have glowing blue eyes, but the way it's sitting straight up with a blank expression, contrast to a normal yelling, thrashing zombie. It seems more like a robot, but I dunno, those eyes...

Heres the big question I think everyone is missing. Lets say this isn't Nuketown zombies, does anyone know what decade that attire is that the zombie is wearing in Pic 2 with the neck thing?

Nuketown presumably takes place in the 60's and his jacket looks 80's imo.

I am pretty positive it takes place in the 80s TBH. Remember this quote? It's only like the billionth time i've posted it!

"though multiplayer is progressing into the future, do not fear. We will still be slaying zombies with ye olde 1980s weapons. What does that mean for us? Well only time will tell."

In WaW they started with one map and released them one map at a time. With black ops they were going to start with ascension and five, but when kino got cancelled for WaW they changed it to kino and five.

You may ask "Well electric, why didn't they choose to release kino and ascension upon the release of black ops?" elementary my dear! You see, the timeline gets majorly fudged up if two canonical maps are released simultaneously. So, I doubt they would do that in BO2, or ever for that matter. So, I highly doubt the heroes will be on nuketown. It may have minor significance to the story like five, but not Easter-egg wise.

By the way dun, woo hoo electro boss! I think you are right about the robot too.

TL;DR: nuketown will not be directly linked to story; heroes won't be there. Black ops 2 zombies map tranzit will take place in 80s probably. I love you dun.