Is buying Shangri-La this late worth it?

OverWater17

Okay so with Black Ops and its subsequent map packs being out for some time now, and Black Ops II and the next generation of zombies creeping up, I am unsure whether or not purchasing this map pack would be worth it. It seems as if this map had the least positive reaction from the community, so I'm unsure if it would be worth it in the sense of quality. Also, and I know this is a bit of a stretch, there is always a possibility that all the maps from Black Ops may be included somehow into Black Ops II, so I don't want to waste my money on something I could get for the newer game. However, I still feel like I'm missing out on a huge chunk of the zombie storyline, especially after the whole Jimmy Zielinski-Shangri-La business. Does anyone have an opinion or a thought on this?

• Replies 5
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Save you money, While shangri-la had some nice features and looks great. It wasn't as great as the other maps. I did like the extra challenge of the tight spaces, but with needing 4 players to stand on the buttons just to pack a punch and 90% of players just playing it to do the EE, I think it is completely missable. Spend that extra money to buy the hardened edition of black ops 2 and get a new map (nuketown zombies)

• 3 weeks later...

Although it has no more relevance to the topic starter:

SL is not a map I play often, but it still offered me some moments I'm so glad that they happened. Shangri has an awesome environment in the middle of the jungle. It is a freaking release once you've done the easter egg. The map is also very difficult, so it's always a tricky challenge to make your way in that map, to find some good strategies.

So in that way, yes it's worth buying it. But when you ask me, what map pack I would buy last now, I guess it would exactly be Shangri.... Yes, it's great, but for me personally, not as great as the others. In the end it's all a matter of taste, so I guess no one can give proper advice ;)