The Pipe (Epic)

Hey guys! I've got a very special thread for yall today! :D

So I was thinking about NML the other day and my thoughts came to the pipe area. I had noticed that the challenge, created by iNightSparks, to successfully kite there wasn't really much of a challenge (no offense, Dan). I then thought to myself if 300 was possible here, if you could really complete not just a horde, but an entire game here.

Well, I answered that question.

It is not only possible to successfully get 300 kills here, but it is actually not that hard. What I call 'lopsided spawns'—when every zombie spawns on either side of the map—are a nonfactor here. Lopsided spawns can really mess you up at the Back Pool or Sidedrop, but they can be handled extremely easily at the pipe. The kiting itself, if you are dragging out and making clean cutbacks, is no harder than the Back Pool.

The actual speed of this strategy isn't too bad. I would say it's about the same speed as Sidedrop. Just depends on the spawns, to be honest. This strategy is really a legitimate one, I think. I certainly know I already like it better than the damned Back Pool. This is a really good place, and I'd highly recommend it for anyone looking to spice up No Man's Land and to also maybe find an alternative to the Sidedrop, if that's just not working out for you. Just mimic my movements in the video. The more space you have by the walls, the better! Dogs can teleport and trap you very quickly, so it's best to make as much room as possible through dragouts.

Last little tip I have for you guys: Don't be afraid to back off and 'go for a walk' around the swamp or the telepad. If you feel there's nowhere to go, back off. Okay, I think that's about all I have for now. I'd love to see some of the true NML Gods try this out. They could wreak some havoc with this! :D
  • Replies 9
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I tried this last night, got 325 kills....I may upload later as an unlisted for some of my good friends ;)

The side drop whatever anyone says is technically the fastest location, simply due to it's location compared to ALL the spawn points.

However, both the back pool and the Pipe are easier to keep a hoard in a consistent circle, which is completely necessary for the later part of the game.

Very nice Perfect.

I tried this last night, got 325 kills....I may upload later as an unlisted for some of my good friends ;)

The side drop whatever anyone says is technically the fastest location, simply due to it's location compared to ALL the spawn points.

However, both the back pool and the Pipe are easier to keep a hoard in a consistent circle, which is completely necessary for the later part of the game.

Very nice Perfect.

Thanks so much Chopper! I've tried it out some more and I agree with you. The Sidedrop is, undoubtedly, the fastest in NML, but your shots are cleaner because the group is tighter by the Pipe.

Definitely upload that game. I'd love to see it. ;)

• 4 weeks later...

It's not really possible.

I've spoken with Steve about it, and we have both tried it. You can hoard once you have Juggs with only extreme difficult, but shooting when they are more than 2 shots moves into to are you fucking crazy difficulty.

It's luck based entirely rather than skilled, which is not a good strategy or challenge IMO.

• 1 year later...