Call of the Dead Round 60 (Guide)

Call of the Dead Round 60 Achieved!

Hey everyone! Hope you're having an excellent Labor Day weekend; I sure am.

So, as you can see, I have recently completed a Call of the Dead run to round 60! My only down was on 54, and the following recovery was some of the most intense moments I've ever had in Zombies.

Past rounds 50, things get odd. Entire hordes start taking 7, 8, 9, even 10 shots with the Scavenger to kill. It's really odd to have a map in which killing is so incredibly difficult. The lack of a power weapon forces you to put ammo over just about everything else. Every round past 50, you are forced to make a decision regarding your Scavenger: spin the box midround, and some of the box spots on this map are so bad that I don't see that working out well, or buy a 74u and finishing out the round with that.

On 49 (I think), when I had to trade out my Scavenger for the first time, I hit the box midround. I got lucky with it and got my Scavenger back within 20k. However, I realized that I couldn't survive like this, so whenever I needed a new Scavenger—which was just about every round past 54 or so—I would just buy a 74u to finish off the last of them. This would only take about 20 or so minutes, so it really wasn't too bad.

But, alas, I'm already getting into the high rounds. Here's my 1-60 guide and breakdown!

Rounds 1-4

Try to knife exclusively for the first two rounds, saving your pistol ammo for round 3. Four headshots then a knife on round 3 should kill the zombie. Induce drops by planning points wisely. By this I mean you will always get a drop at 2500 points. If you're already at 2500 at the end of round 2, kill the last zombie with a grenade so you can choose when to pick it up. Better yet, if you hit 2500 at the start of round 3, you can truly make the most out of the drop.

Once you finish round 3, chill out by the boat leading to the lighthouse. There is a spawn point right in front of you and you can normally get one or two knife kills before opening up the boat. Using spawn control to your advantage, pick off stragglers, slowing make your way down the stairs and opening up the door to the 2nd floor of the lighthouse. You should have enough for the last door to the ice slide, then buy the sickle.

Rounds 4-10

Use the sickle, emptying out your pistol into zombies before knifing for maximum points. I like hanging out under the MP40 boat, but anywhere works, really. Just be sure that you're safe. On this map, safety is your top priority. You should have enough for Juggernog at the end of round 6 or 7. Open up Jug and continue knifing until the end of round 9.

Save a crawler and PaP your M1911. You will probably not have enough for Flopper at this point, but do not fret. Shooting two hordes at the start with one shot each and knifing any crawlers should give you more than enough for Flopper.

Rounds 11-25

Your main objective for these 'transition' rounds is to set yourself up for the rest of the game. You will need to, in no particular order:

-Buy Stamin Up and Quick Revive

-Get a Scavenger, Ray Gun, and Dolls

-Kill George 4 times (to get all 8 perks)

-Open up the entire lighthouse

Most people complete these rounds on the beach in front of the lighthouse, but I much prefer the spawn. Running the beach is inconsistent, especially in the early rounds. There's a lot of corners and too many spawn points. Zombies can come at you from too many directions and there are a lot of grounders to get stuck on. However, in the spawn, there are fewer places for the zombies sneak up on you, and if you're running it the right way (see my down recovery video), there will be no grounders to mess you up. Not only this, but you can take full advantage of the water's effect on zombies (some say it increases splash damage, others say it lowers the health) by killing with fewer shots used.

Once you get Mule Kick from George, you'll want to save a crawler and hit the box at the end of the round for a Ray Gun. For now, though, you won't need it. You will only start using the Ray Gun at round 34, when the Hyena Infra Dead starts being a one shot kill.

Rounds 26-50

Now you're set for the rest of the game. This is when you start the strategy. This strategy is NOT mine. The first person I saw do it was MrDaveTheRave way back in September of last year. However, Superhands was the first to put it on Codz. So here it is:

Fim7DUk75QQ

The basic gist of this is to start at the top of the lighthouse, sitting at the ledge. Once zombies start to spawn from the window, drop down (you will survive the fall due to PHD Flopper). Even at round 26, zombies are spawning in so quickly that you will have a maximum of 3 zombies coming at you from the actual beach. The rest will funnel through the doorway from the lighthouse, and all you have to do is a simple U-train.

Once they're all grouped up, shoot them on the beach. This is where my strategy differs from Super's. Leading them all the way back up to the 3rd floor of the lighthouse takes way too long and is unnecessary. As long as you're quick when going about your killing, you will always have time to sprint back up to the top of the lighthouse. From there, it's just rinse and repeat.

At round 34, when the Hyena Infra Dead starts take two shots to kill, you'll want to bust out your Ray Gun. This bad boy, coupled with Double Tap, just tears through crawlers made weak by the Hyena. I cannot think off the top of my head how fast/how many shots it takes to kill a horde on this round, and I'm sorry for that, but I do know that on 40 one Hyena bolt and a clip of Ray Gun ammo will down a horde. Normally it's a judgement thing. What my strategy for killing with the Ray/Hyena combo was killing the first horde with just the Hyena. Then I'd subtract two bolts (or one, if you find that two just ain't cutting it) and kill the weakened group with the Ray Gun.

During this time, you'll be wanting to kill George for his Wunderwaffe. This is the saving grace of Call of the Dead. One entire Hyena Infra Dead will kill George, if I'm not mistaken. This makes getting the Wunderwaffe a piece of cake. Once you get it, you'll notice that rounds go by so, so much faster. It's not uncommon for round 50 to take about the same time as round 45 because you have the Wunderwaffe, a vastly superior weapon to the Hyena Infra Dead. Make sure to kill them as shown in my round 50 video and to never reload while sprinting back up the spiral staircase. The only time I've ever met zombies at the very top of the lighthouse was when I reloaded while sprinting up to the top.

Rounds 51-60

This is when it gets ridiculous. These last 9 rounds are going to take a very, very long time, as the Scavenger/Hyena becomes positively worthless. You will still be able to kill hordes, but at a very high price of ammo. Killing an entire horde on round 59 with the Scavenger took ten. TEN!!!!! Just an idea of how incredibly difficult it is to kill this high without true power weapons.

At the end of round 50, it's time to part ways with Mustang and Sally. They've served you well, I know, but they won't save you at this round (trust me). So you need to hit the box for a crossbow. Once you get it, PaP that bad boy and you have a somewhat reliable 'oh shit!' weapon to save your ass. Just remember though, the Awful Lawton is notoriously inconsistent, so don't ever feel too comfortable with it. I don't necessarily think this is a bad thing though—always having to be alert can really help you keep alive (duh).

So at the end of just about every round past 50, unless you are very fortunate with drops (Nukes, Insta Kills, Max Ammos), you'll need to spin the box. DO NOT HIT THE BOX MIDROUND. You can get away with it 2 or 3 times, but the chances are extremely high—especially with the horrible box locations Call of the Dead—that you will go down eventually. It's just better to finish the round the a 74fu2. Taking an extra half hour, or even longer, is better than losing a Revive and going down in a bad spot. Just don't do it. :)

Now, onto the other stuff...

George: Your Best Friend (Then You Kill Him)

George has always been hated, and for good reason. He, to put it bluntly, fucks you over with his rage and his lightning hammer and all that other stuff. He just sucks.

Or does he?

Eliminating Getting Shocked

You know the crazy lightning that stuns you when George does the hammer ground pound? Yeah, it's a real pain in the ass. But there's a way to prevent that! I'm not entirely sure if this is a glitch, but I'm pretty sure it's not, because just about everyone does it. Anyways, all you need to do is knife either George or an electrified zombie on Insta Kill. That's it. Your character will become shocked and George's ground pound will no longer affect you, making it possible for you to kite while he's pissed.

The Wunderwaffe

George offers a ton of help on Call of the Dead solo runs. Like I've already said, George drops a Wunderwaffe, packed with the potential to kill 180 zombies, when you kill him. A full Wunderwaffe, a full Scavenger/Hyena Infra Dead, a full Porters X2 Ray Gun, and 3 dolls will get you through round 59 with ammo to spare. The Wunderwaffe probably accounts for 2/3 of these kills. That's how incredibly awesome George is. Without the Wunderwaffe, round 60 on Call of the Dead solo would be just about impossible.

Perks

George also drops a random perk bottle when you kill him. It will take you about 8 rounds to get all of the perks, but when you do, it's so worth it. Double Tap, Mule Kick, and Speed Cola are all pretty vital to killing power. Even Deadshot can make killing with the 74fu2 a lot faster. Without George, you'd just be stuck with your 4 perks, so it's a welcome relief when he shows up!

Getting Max Ammos

This is pretty much common knowledge, but no guide to Call of the Dead is complete without mentioning the Max Ammo trick. So, basically, what you do piss off George so that he ground pounds all the zombies around him. Once the horde is electrified, kill them with your Hyena Infra Dead. A Max Ammo will drop 100% of the time, as long as it has been 4 rounds since the last time you've done it. This is, essentially, a replacement for dogs. Just a tip that should go as common sense: make sure to use all of your Hyena ammo to get maximum efficiency from your weapon. While it may not seem like it, past 50, every horde and every shot counts to the ultimate goal. ;)

The Easter Egg: Your Second Best Friend

I was at the end of round 57 and I was dreading the next round. George was gone and I knew that I'd have at least 30 minutes of spraying with the 74fu2 ahead of me before having to spin the box yet again for another Scavenger. But then, BRAINBLAST. It was like a lightbulb that went off above my head. I could do the Easter Egg! So I got my VR11 and completed that bitch. 58 began and I had a full Wunderwaffe to help me through it. So this is why I'm giving this tip:

On either round 58 or 59, depending on when you killed George, save a crawler and complete the Easter Egg.

I finished that bitch in just about 15 minutes flew through 58 as well as 59. By that time, you're tired. You want it to be over. This is the biggest tip I can give you for handling this. The Easter Egg was probably the highlight of those last 5 rounds. :)

Safety Over Speed!

This goes without saying, but Call of the Dead is special in the fact that there is nothing to completely save you. That's why I ran this strategy. Granted, it was painfully slow, as my pal way2goo told me on Youtube, but it was safe, and that has to be your number one concern on Call of the Dead, in my opinion. Not hitting the box midround also applies here. A Scavenger is not worth a Revive, no matter the round.

Pack a Punching Midround

It is unavoidable that you'll need to Pack a Punch midround, be it the Scavenger or the Ray Gun. You really need to be careful here. This is one of the few parts about this map that is just straight up dangerous. However, if you're smart about it and you throw a couple Semtexes at the horde to eliminate their respawn when you get too many zones in front of them, it isn't too bad.

For PaP'ing midround, I always wait until the Pack a Punch Machine heads to the Stamin Up pool. The spawn by the ship is a death trap and the spawn in the spawn (haha) a) takes too long and B) can get pretty clustered with the zombies hopping the fence and meeting you two ways. For the Stamin Up pool, all you need to do is put your gun in the machine, drag out the zombies by the Stakeout, then hop through the water. Easy stuff. :)

Recovering From a Down

I had my first, and only, down on 54 and, I'll admit, it was crazy. The down was completely my fault—I got trapped on the second floor of the lighthouse because I took too long to kill my horde—but the moments following were... intense. I counted 3 times where I could've died and, let's be honest, I just got lucky for most of the time.

However, if you do go down, this is the order in which you should rebuy your perks:

1) Juggernog

2) PHD Flopper

3) Stamin Up

4) Quick Revive

Now, if you go down next to one of these perks, then by all means rebuy that one instead. But if you go down near the beach, this is just what I'd do. :) Be sure to kite them up and throw a couple nades or Claymores at them to prevent them from respawning ahead of you. I know I didn't do this, but it really does make it easier.

Once you have all four perks, you will still feel naked and exposed. You will have no 'gun perks' (Mule Kick, Double Tap, Speed Cola, Deadshot) and thus, it will be harder to kill. You will have lost your Ray Gun and, if you get Mule Kick before Double Tap and Speed Cola through George, your killing speed will be greatly reduced. However, it's manageable. You will just need to rely more on your Hyena/Dolls and less on your Ray Gun (meaning, only subtract one shot from the lethal shot total, instead of two). It'll take at least 7-8 rounds for you to completely recover, and those 7 rounds may take a long ass time because you'll be going through Hyena ammo waaaaaaaaaay faster than normal. Prepare to spend a plethora of points at the box—and also spamming the 74fu2—before you get all 8 perks back. And, after that, well, you're home free. :)

Closing Remarks

After completing my run, I'd say this game was indeed an ordeal. It was awesome for the first 55 or so rounds. A ton of fun. I loved having to get creative with my killing methods and I love how complicated this map is. There's a certain intensity and atmosphere—maybe it's the darkness, maybe it's the snow, I really don't know—that forces you to stay 115% focused for the entire game. And I really like that. I like how ammo is always a problem. You have to be both skilled and savvy to be successful at this map. But then, there's the last 4 rounds. They take so, so long. I hate to 'toot my own horn' here but getting to 60 on this map is a testament to not only your ability, but also your patience and your knowledge about how the zombies behave and exist. And if you can do what I've shown here, I assure you that you can get to 60, which would leave you at fifth in the whole world! :)

Big thanks to Downrun and Vodstok for cheering me on. Also thanks to Superhands for the Max Ammo trick and MrDaveTheRave for the awesome strategy. Okay, I'm out! Thank you so much for reading and I hope I helped out!

-perfect

• Replies 9
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

However, if you do go down, this is the order in which you should rebuy your perks:

1) Juggernog

2) PHD Flopper

3) Stamin Up

4) Quick Revive

Is stamin up really neccesary for this strategy? Can you not run up the stairs quick enough without it? If not I would get Mule over stamin up.

Also depending on fact when George exists and where zombies run back when you go down, I would either run up the light house and take zipline to jugg or run straight to jugg if its clear. It is also not a bad idea to horde them up before leaving to jugg and shoot them a little bit so they don't respawn when they enter a new zone.

Well done on your 60, Keep it up.

1) Juggernog

2) PHD Flopper

3) Stamin Up

4) Quick Revive

Is stamin up really neccesary for this strategy? Can you not run up the stairs quick enough without it? If not I would get Mule over stamin up.

Also depending on fact when George exists and where zombies run back when you go down, I would either run up the light house and take zipline to jugg or run straight to jugg if its clear. It is also not a bad idea to horde them up before leaving to jugg and shoot them a little bit so they don't respawn when they enter a new zone.

Well done on your 60, Keep it up.

Yeah I really have feel that you need Stamin Up to get up those stairs in time. Especially when they start spawning in faster... it's just for the best. :D

The zipline is pretty inconsistent. I've seen a couple people jump and either miss it or just flatout get Treyarched and fall to their deaths (HoardKillRepeat comes to mind). I'm pretty sure I added a bit on damaging them to prevent respawns though... Oops, guess not. Good catch!

• 2 weeks later...

A few questions as I mentioned another thread.

In your video regarding how to survive a down or whatever its called, you ignore all the zombies why?

Do they not respawn as you go around the map?

Also why do you start a the top of the lighthouse and then drop down, do you do this as then all zombies come from the lighthouse? If this is the case how and why does this happen?

Also I've always assumed that people do the whole loop in front of the ak, (from the ak along the wall down to the water and back up along the left hand side) where as you sit in front of the ak and around the steps. How do you keep those zombies compact and as a group. Is it just the way you move and the directions you look. I understand that playing NML will help improve this but unfortunately I do have it, so I was just wondering tips you can give apart from the norm of "practice makes perfect"

A few questions as I mentioned another thread.

In your video regarding how to survive a down or whatever its called, you ignore all the zombies why?

Do they not respawn as you go around the map?

Also why do you start a the top of the lighthouse and then drop down, do you do this as then all zombies come from the lighthouse? If this is the case how and why does this happen?

Also I've always assumed that people do the whole loop in front of the ak, (from the ak along the wall down to the water and back up along the left hand side) where as you sit in front of the ak and around the steps. How do you keep those zombies compact and as a group. Is it just the way you move and the directions you look. I understand that playing NML will help improve this but unfortunately I do have it, so I was just wondering tips you can give apart from the norm of "practice makes perfect"

Awesome questions dude! I'll do my best to answer them as best as I can.

1) In hindsight, I probably should've done that, but, in all honesty, I didn't feel comfortable throwing a grenade at them without Jug on round 54 to keep them from respawning in front of me. That would've probably been the smartest thing to do, but I went down in a very bad place (the second floor of the lighthouse with the door to Flopper open) so I didn't want to risk trying to get to a better place to kite when I saw my opportunity to escape right in front of me.

2) Why yes! That is the point of the whole strategy! I was telling way2goo this on my video, but there is no sure fire weapon that will protect you on this map in the later rounds. Most maps have a Wunder Weapon (Thundergun, Wave Gun, Wunderwaffe, etc.) that have a legitimately good weapon that will save you. But Call of the Dead doesn't have this. Before round 34, one could argue the Scavenger can protect you quite well, but it takes a long time for the bolts to go off. And the VR11, well, it just straight up sucks in solo. So you need to be extra safe! And once the spawns get fast enough (~round 25), this is far and away the safest strategy on the map because you will get all of the zombies coming from the lighthouse, so all you need to do is run a simple cutback train in front of the door. :)

3) No Man's Land certainly helps, but another train similar to this is Flopper on Ascension. Check out how he runs it:

This is, in a nutshell, the way you want to run the lighthouse using this strategy. It is a Zombie law that the zombies will be more compact in a small circle than they are in a big circle. A good place to try this and test it out is, funny enough, on Call of the Dead. The next time you get a chance, try running the AK on just one half of the area (it doesn't matter which one) then try running the entire area. You'll find your train is naturally much more compact when you are running only 1/2 of the area, rather than the full area.

Hope this helps! Thank you so much for the comment! It really means a lot. :)

• 6 months later...

I've always assumed that people do the whole loop in front of the ak, (from the ak along the wall down to the water and back up along the left hand side) where as you sit in front of the ak and around the steps. How do you keep those zombies compact and as a group. Is it just the way you move and the directions you look. I understand that playing NML will help improve this but unfortunately I do have it, so I was just wondering tips you can give apart from the norm of "practice makes perfect"

wow gold|wow gold kaufen|diablo 3 gold|GW2 Gold