The Mustang Update

LiamFTWinter

• Replies 107
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

A premium? Really? -_- Should just stick to donors.

Whatever. It really doesn't sound like all that much is changing. Looking forward to the vbulletin thing, but other than that...

Medals still seem pointless, but that's just me. Are the forums at least getting condensed? We have way too many subforums which gives others too little attention.

Not trying to be a killjoy or anything.

Whatever. It really doesn't sound like all that much is changing. Looking forward to the vbulletin thing, but other than that...

Medals still seem pointless, but that's just me. Are the forums at least getting condensed? We have way too many subforums which gives others too little attention.

Premium is essentially the same as donor but gives more of a reason, not seeing what is so bad.

And yes, the forum will be getting condensed.

Premium is essentially the same as donor but gives more of a reason, not seeing what is so bad.

And yes, the forum will be getting condensed.

Eh, it doesn't really offer worthwhile benefits, though. I mean, how many people are really going to go through with it? Likely not too many, so their own subforums are kinda pointless. As a said before, medals are most certainly not worth it. Color isn't either (and I like colors). Chat's not worth it either.

It is worth it if you love CoDz, which I do, but I think donating when you can is better than a subscription. Not to mention, we all know the subscription model is going downhill ;)

On another note, glad the forum is getting condensed

Suggestion. Please don't have huge things around the place about Premium. Just sticky a thread titled "What is CODZ Premium?" Or when you go to your user control panel you could have a big "UPGRADE TO PREMIUM" banner there.

I also appreciate how the benefits are asthetic. Not leaving us out of anything too substantial.

Also ZOTD, it's simply more of a motivation to donate. Plus, everyone does premium! Why not us?

You asked for it, so here it is haha. We wanted to reveal bits at a time, but since the crash, we've been pressed for time with zombies around the corner and left the rest of the community it the dark, but nevertheless, voila! lol.

Hope you guys dig the new medals once this update is officially released. ;)

Eh, it doesn't really offer worthwhile benefits, though. I mean, how many people are really going to go through with it? Likely not too many, so their own subforums are kinda pointless. As a said before, medals are most certainly not worth it. Color isn't either (and I like colors). Chat's not worth it either.

It is worth it if you love CoDz, which I do, but I think donating when you can is better than a subscription. Not to mention, we all know the subscription model is going downhill

On another note, glad the forum is getting condensed

We know not everyone is going to approve or like the idea of premium, but keep in mind we're doing what we can that will be best for CoDz, while at the same time trying to make the experience here as new and fresh as possible, especially with the zombies season among us.

The idea with introducing premium is as Liam said, a secondary donor option, but with a twist. It's completely optional, but we wanted to do something that will help increase the flow of donations while at the sometime, give something back to CoDz for helping. If you purely wish to donate only, it's still an option and current donors keep their status.

Anyways, I'm pretty stoked about this. The staff has been working a lot these past couple months. Let's give a shout, especially to Liam for epic artwork. ;)

Suggestion. Please don't have huge things around the place about Premium. Just sticky a thread titled "What is CODZ Premium?" Or when you go to your user control panel you could have a big "UPGRADE TO PREMIUM" banner there.

I also appreciate how the benefits are asthetic. Not leaving us out of anything too substantial.

Also ZOTD, it's simply more of a motivation to donate. Plus, everyone does premium! Why not us?

Eh, I'd rather just donate once, have those benefits for like, 3-6 months, then donate again, and keeping the color. I have really no reason to go premium other than the fact that I like CoDz.

You do have a point that it's more for asthetics, though. And also agree with basically everything you said in the quote. So I'll just shut up because it's not even going to affect me anyways.

On the topic of premium, please promise us there won't be any exclusive premium tournaments, competitions, etc. I want CoDz to stay with the fact that every user is equal with the same opportunities. If it comes to UOTM being premium only or something similar to that, CoDz just wouldn't be the same.

The only main thing that I don't like about the premium, Is that it like a pay to play type of fashion but I shall go into that later in the post, but other than that I think that the mustang over all is kinda pointless new medals still don't have anything "special" just kind of blah all over also more on that later.

Kind of wondering if the the format of CoDz is gonna be like a 15 year old girl, we change it every 3-4 months. "Oh gotta change this,Oh and this and EVERYTHING, now it is all better." But in reality it's S.S.D.D (Same Sh!t Different Design)

Now back onto the CoDz premium, If there is one thing that back me the most mad about this is that it a pay to play like WoW, Th solution to this problem I believe is that you only have to pay once and IF they want to pay again then you give them something even better that is not included in the normal premium.

Onto medals now I just find them plain and boring the only medal I like in the new update is the writing one that it's, I find nothing interesting about the new medal, a while back I thought of the idea that if the medals didn't get better then we should discontinued and so far the medals have not at all gotten any better but that can be decided later.

These are the thoughts I have for the new updated.

I like it. If nothing else, it at least shows that the staff is working to keep the site updated. Plus, like they said, this isn't even everything.

I won't complain about Premium. They're right, sites like this are expensive to maintain. It's all aesthetic, it's not like the premium members are, I dunno, getting exclusive CoD DLC before anyone else :P Who knows, maybe I'll even find some extra cash to spare ;)

Lol, I've already donated over 6 and a half years worth of premium accounts and I get two months free? :roll:

But it's cool, I was gonna donate again soon anyways, as soon as I see the site is back in working order. I have a direct question though.

What's the current status of the brains system returning with the update? You guys didn't seem to touch on them, and it seems like the only big thing left to resolve.

I'm extremely happy to see this update taking shape!

Well as you can see, we have the medals working again. But unfortunately, the data wasn't saved. I'm afraid that is more than likely the case with brains. Which, probably wouldn't matter regardless since we plan to switch to vB.

Hence why it took so long, we were planning on just restoring everything there once they were 100% ready to go.

Let me explain a little something to you, if you haven't noticed there have not been many theory threads as they used to. Want to know why that is? Because no one is motivated too, no one has any reward to post any threads.

See with brains and medals back, people will be more motivated to post better threads.

So THAT is why medals aren't "pointless".

Now as for premium, vBulletin costs around $200 for it, so obviously we need money to pay for that and the data plans for the site.

So hopefully you can understand this, I know it is A LOT to take it right now. But trust me, you will get the hang of it.

Let me explain a little something to you, if you haven't noticed there have not been many theory threads as they used to. Want to know why that is? Because no one is motivated too, no one has any reward to post any threads.

See with brains and medals back, people will be more motivated to post better threads.

Now as for premium, vBulletin costs around $200 for it, so obviously we need money to pay for that and the data plans for the site.

So hopefully you can understand this, I know it is A LOT to take it right now. But trust me, you will get the hang of it.

I don't understand why whenever someone says that medals are pointless they are also saying brains are pointless. Even when they don't say it at all. You don't get medals for good theories, younger brains. So your argument for medals having a point to them is null and void. Besides. There haven't been any theory threads because there's nothing to theorize about. So I double win.

I don't understand why whenever someone says that medals are pointless they are also saying brains are pointless. Even when they don't say it at all. You don't get medals for good theories, younger brains. So your argument for medals having a point to them is null and void. Besides. There haven't been any theory threads because there's nothing to theorize about. So I double win.

I beg to differ, but there is no facts to really back up my thought.

- - UPDATE - -

Is the Donor title color ever going to change to the color of the username of those who are in the usergroup? It has really been bothering me lately, not sure if anyone else.

First: That is not the only reason why no one is posting theories. It's also because there really isn't anything to theorize on, and that zombies isn't in season yet.

Second: Medals have always been pointless and unworthwhile to get. I was always more interested in color as a motivator. It's like you're actually going up in rank and being a recognizable member, versus medals where no one really cares because it really doesn't add anything.

That is what donating was for, only with donating you got the benefits permanently. But I've gotten over premium, so that's all I have to say.