Why would they chose nuketown for a zombie map?

• Replies 31
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I think we're all forgetting that Nuketown Zombies is an addon that comes along with the game. I don't think we'll be seeing an entire Nuketown Zombies map, with Side Quests, and such, I think it'll be more positioned out as the 4z4 gametype they've been talking about, or some type of game mode they're incorporating into Zombies. Maybe we will see Firing Range, but recreated as a different map.

To everyone who keeps assuming that Nuketown zombies will be small... why? Do you honestly think they're gonna use the exact same layout as the actual Nuketown? Is Ascension exactly like Launch? Is Shangri-La exactly like Jungle? They're gonna use the THEME of Nuketown to make an entirely NEW map for zombies.

Sorry for the rant, it's just that too many people automatically assume that they're using the same exact Nuketown. I saw one kid ask if the zombies would be able to hit you if you stood on top of the sign. *facepalm*

To everyone who keeps assuming that Nuketown zombies will be small... why? Do you honestly think they're gonna use the exact same layout as the actual Nuketown? Is Ascension exactly like Launch? Is Shangri-La exactly like Jungle? They're gonna use the THEME of Nuketown to make an entirely NEW map for zombies.

Sorry for the rant, it's just that too many people automatically assume that they're using the same exact Nuketown. I saw one kid ask if the zombies would be able to hit you if you stood on top of the sign. *facepalm*

I f**king love this guy. I completely agree. I'm assuming they picked Nuketown not because of it's 'size', but rather because of it's popularity and playability.

Probably because the map was so popular. That map was probably the most beloved map out of Black Ops period.

this is exactly why. they take zombies (arguably most popular part specific to black ops) and then add nuketown (by far most popular mp map from black ops) and combine to create a crazy popular undead killing bastard child of awesomeness. :lol:

• Moderators

this is exactly why. they take zombies (arguably most popular part specific to black ops) and then add nuketown (by far most popular mp map from black ops) and combine to create a crazy popular undead killing bastard child of awesomeness. :lol:

Hopefully that won't backfire.

I mean...I like cheese and chocolate,but I would never eat chocolate wrapped in cheese.

Well you might ask "why did they bring back nuketown for multiplayer"? Because it was the most popular map in treyarch history. A better question is "why not make it a zombie map"? it will get sooooo much love from fans it will be hard to comprehend. As someone said above, the best mode with the best map feedback wise can't go wrong can it?

By the way cheese and chocolate is a bad example. Those are 2 completely different foods, but this is simply applying a certain atmosphere to something that is already common. It's more like putting ketchup on spaghetti. It seems weird to put something unusual on an already amazing food, but maybe the new taste will kick all conceivable ass! :lol:

It's not like 4z4. That's more like cheese and chocolate.

• Moderators

Well you might ask "why did they bring back nuketown for multiplayer"? Because it was the most popular map in treyarch history. A better question is "why not make it a zombie map"? it will get sooooo much love from fans it will be hard to comprehend. As someone said above, the best mode with the best map feedback wise can't go wrong can it?

By the way cheese and chocolate is a bad example. Those are 2 completely different foods, but this is simply applying a certain atmosphere to something that is already common. It's more like putting ketchup on spaghetti. It seems weird to put something unusual on an already amazing food, but maybe the new taste will kick all conceivable ass! :lol:

It's not like 4z4. That's more like cheese and chocolate.

Okay,a better example would be:

I disliked mw2 (and not only because of grenade launchers etc. I just disliked the look,the maps...pretty much everything in that game) but only because they put out a dlc with the map "strike" in it (which is my favourite map in any CoD ever) didn't mean that I started to like the game.

And don't get me wrong. I don't seriously think that Nuketown zombies will be bad.

F the nuketown map is connected to the main story, I think well be seeing the original 4 for sure (samtofen). Nuketown is located in Roswell new Mexico, or somewhere nearby. Either way it's in new Mexico. Do you know what else is In roswell? Area 51! They could have simply walked to the nearest town only to make the same mistake as Indiana jones! Oops! I posted on another thread that it seems likely to me that they will be accompanied by groph Schuster Sophia and maxis, but I don't want to get into that now.

• Moderators

F the nuketown map is connected to the main story, I think well be seeing the original 4 for sure (samtofen). Nuketown is located in Roswell new Mexico, or somewhere nearby. Either way it's in new Mexico. Do you know what else is In roswell? Area 51! They could have simply walked to the nearest town only to make the same mistake as Indiana jones! Oops! I posted on another thread that it seems likely to me that they will be accompanied by groph Schuster Sophia and maxis, but I don't want to get into that now.

Now that would be an anticlimactic transition,between BO1 and 2 zombies. :lol:

See, I don't think it will be the O4, because it's an exclusive DLC that not everyone is getting. If it were the O4, then the people who didn't get it would run into some serious continuity issues. I think it'll be like "Five", where it takes place at the same time as another map and is related to the storyline, but it doesn't follow the O4.

Actually, something that would be cool is that if the Easter Eggs in The Map (big city map that we know is coming with the game) and Nuketown were somehow linked. Like, certain steps in the Nuketown EE would affect steps in The Map EE. Not gameplay-wise of course, just so you know that both these maps take place at the same time - like the phones linking "Five" and Ascension, only this would be part of a larger EE.

Ive always known that this map was somehow connected to the zombies storyline, because if you look carefully in the yellow building next to the red truck on the second story in the room with the bunkbeds and go to the left where the bookshelf is there is a few books on the bottom shelf with Edward Richtofen's name on it as well as DG-2 and DG-3... Coincidence?? I'm guessing not! dx