Story Twist

We all know that Treyarch planned to make the final Black Ops zombie map Paris but instead decided to make a moon map because they wanted to go out with a bang (literally). Does that mean that the story was planned to go in one direction (ie with the four characters doing something important in Paris) but was changed to the story that we all know with Richtofen switching souls and what not? And how does that affect hints in past maps? Does that make some of the foreshadowing dialogues irrelevant to the story because the parts in the story that they reference no longer exist because of the major story change? Sorry if the wording is a little confusing but I was just throwing out ideas as they came to me.

• Replies 6
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It's possible, but these decisions would've had to been made a long time before Moon came out as Shangri-La and Cotd fall pretty well in line with Moon. Even Ascension had some hints toward Richtofen's Grand Scheme.

Still, they never said about it being on the moon. Richtofen's grand scheme could have taken place in Paris. The story line can be flexible when it comes to these things.

• 2 weeks later...

It's possible, but these decisions would've had to been made a long time before Moon came out as Shangri-La and Cotd fall pretty well in line with Moon. Even Ascension had some hints toward Richtofen's Grand Scheme.

Still, they never said about it being on the moon. Richtofen's grand scheme could have taken place in Paris. The story line can be flexible when it comes to these things.

They hinted at Moon countless times. The radios, the rocket in Ascension, the files within the terminal. None of the other maps were hinted at like that so obviously, if even hinted at all. At most what we got was a picture for some of them in Der Riese.

We all know that Treyarch planned to make the final Black Ops zombie map Paris but instead decided to make a moon map because they wanted to go out with a bang (literally). Does that mean that the story was planned to go in one direction (ie with the four characters doing something important in Paris) but was changed to the story that we all know with Richtofen switching souls and what not? And how does that affect hints in past maps? Does that make some of the foreshadowing dialogues irrelevant to the story because the parts in the story that they reference no longer exist because of the major story change? Sorry if the wording is a little confusing but I was just throwing out ideas as they came to me.

Well Kino Der Toten was supposed to be a map pack 4 for Call of Duty World at War. Black Ops was supposed to be released with Five and Ascension. Then Call of the Dead would be in First Strike, Shangri-La in Escalation, Paris in Annhilation, and Moon on Rezurrection. I'm pretty sure that was the original plan with these maps but they weren't able to do it. This is not fact though it's just what some of us believe.