Ascension Poster Debate - Richtofen or Someone Else?

• Replies 73
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yeah, I agree with Shooter.

Richtofen is not the only charcter that's off. Take a look at this collage i put together:

In my eyes, noone on the poster looks like themselves, other than Takeo. Nikolai is close, but there is some minor errors.

This is definately an artist rendition.

Ok lets do this

ok as we can see Richtofen's bone structure in his face is completely off, while CODZL guy's bone structure matches pretty perfectly down to the dimple in his chin. No one can deny the guy on the right looks more like the poster, whether its him or not is another thing that we'll get to once people calm down and stop considering our side to be a plague on the forum.

and as for the collage above Tank yeah does look a little different but the bone structure isn't that much off, and also get a newer picture of tank and the rest, one from ascension or from any map after that.

• Moderators

and stop considering our side to be a plague on the forum.

No one ever did/said that.

The whole post you just made has been said plenty of times before. (aswell)

Could you just wait for a semi-official statement about it and not try to come up with the same arguments again and again?

Because that is getting us nowhere.

and stop considering our side to be a plague on the forum.

No one ever did/said that.

The whole post you just made has been said plenty of times before. (aswell)

Could you just wait for a semi-official statement about it and not try to come up with the same arguments again and again?

Because that is getting us nowhere.

well if someones gonna put a collage of face to face, they might as make it face to face to face. all three. oh dont worry about that plague thing. trust me it was said though. just not here.

• Moderators

]

well if someones gonna put a collage of face to face, they might as make it face to face to face. all three.

I am sorry but that doesn't really make a difference.

oh dont worry about that plague thing. trust me it was said though. just not here.

Well nothing anyone can do about that.

Except for those who actually wrote it.

And I've honestly not seen anyone who said that you are some kind of disease.

]

well if someones gonna put a collage of face to face, they might as make it face to face to face. all three.

I am sorry but that doesn't really make a difference.

oh dont worry about that plague thing. trust me it was said though. just not here.

Well nothing anyone can do about that.

Except for those who actually wrote it.

And I've honestly not seen anyone who said that you are some kind of disease.

yeah i know, they sent me a pm. and they dont like me and we used to get into fights :lol:

yeah i guess youre right, idk i just felt like they should put all three together so i went ahead and did it. and i want the people who voted other to come up and give us who they people this other person they believe it to be. we need fresh new ideas!

Yeah, I agree with Shooter.

Richtofen is not the only charcter that's off. Take a look at this collage i put together:

In my eyes, noone on the poster looks like themselves, other than Takeo. Nikolai is close, but there is some minor errors.

This is definately an artist rendition.

Ok lets do this

ok as we can see Richtofen's bone structure in his face is completely off, while CODZL guy's bone structure matches pretty perfectly down to the dimple in his chin. No one can deny the guy on the right looks more like the poster, whether its him or not is another thing that we'll get to once people calm down and stop considering our side to be a plague on the forum.

and as for the collage above Tank yeah does look a little different but the bone structure isn't that much off, and also get a newer picture of tank and the rest, one from ascension or from any map after that.

So the picture above bears a pretty good resemblance to Ed; so for the sake of my argument let's try and find a different picture that looks less like the poster to prove that it's not richtofen in the poster?

• Moderators

we need fresh new ideas!

Nobody of us will get new ideas.

Honestly,everything has been said.

If you don't agree with me (or this side) by now. We just can't change that.

And of course that goes the other way around aswell.

So unless someone who can clear this up once and for all,shows up.

We just have to wait until we see the infamous soldier again or until we don't see him again.

Simple as that.

i voted rictofen....i don't see who else it could be...it just doesn't make sense for it to be this random guy.... yes the guy from the codzl trailer does seem to stand out because of his different outfit but i think we need to just wait for more information to come out(new zombie trailer maybe?)... if they do another live action trailer and this guy is brought up again then i think is the time to start debating the subject on who this guy really is....theres my 2 cents :D

• Moderators

http://www.ownt.com/wp-content/uploads/2011/05/cotdloadscreen.jpg

http://cdn.planetminecraft.com/files/resource_media/screenshot/1230/call-of-duty-black-ops-escalation-call-of-the-dead-walkthrough-artwork-small_3048848.jpg

If this doesn't prove that artworks are bs most of the time.

I don't know what does.

If you still think,that Richtofen isn't on the poster and that the soldier has a deeper meaning and that there is a particular reason why everyone on the Ascension promo has a Wunderwaffe or that there are crawlers etc. except for the fact that Treyarch wanted to promote zombies...well then please go and make a topic about how there are two different women in cotd.

No statement needed from anyone at Treyarch.

ps.

inb4 people telling me that I should stfu about this topic and that it has been discussed to death

pps. I look forward to BO2 and the theories that come with it,which wont be based on assumption and boredom.

ppps. I only really noticed that because I wanted to play Cotd 5 minutes ago

I think that is everything.

oh and Rooker has an Ak 47 which has never been in zombies and Danny can hold a shotgun with one hand.

There are probably more mistakes...sorry I mean details and hints. But you get what I mean.

And I am sorry if I am beeing a douchebag right now,but I just couldn't resist.

And it was quite fun,I think I wil enjoy my stay here. (by that I mean this forum)

That is all.

As has been stated, I believe we're at the point where the sides have been made and the only thing we can do is wait to see if someone in the know will tell us. I highly doubt that will happen though. They never confirmed an end to Ascension's EE until CoD XP, so why would they do this.

Also, we aren't debating minor details. We're saying he looks nothing like Richtofen unlike many of the concept arts that have been presented who at least resemble the character.

I'm not sure, but if it IS someone else I would guess groph or Schuster. Also isn't the person in the trailer who gets a face full of brains from the wave gun a woman? Y'kno, the one next to the guy shooting the gun? I think so. If the guy was a hint towards BO2, maybe this was Sophia? We know she was personally involved with maxis so it would tie in with the story. Despite the mask in the trailer, you can tell they are American I think. A quote on moon by the doc suggests that "maxis has had experience with American women" so maybe the implication is that Sophia was American, worked under groph on the moon, and is now posing on the poster in my house!

I'm not sure, but if it IS someone else I would guess groph or Schuster. Also isn't the person in the trailer who gets a face full of brains from the wave gun a woman? Y'kno, the one next to the guy shooting the gun? I think so. If the guy was a hint towards BO2, maybe this was Sophia? We know she was personally involved with maxis so it would tie in with the story. Despite the mask in the trailer, you can tell they are American I think. A quote on moon by the doc suggests that "maxis has had experience with American women" so maybe the implication is that Sophia was American, worked under groph on the moon, and is now posing on the poster in my house!

lol its a good thought, but I don't think that too many women dressed like that back in the 40's-50's (the time period Sophia would have presumably been in that age range)

unless she has found the fountain of youth and has also embraced the fashion and style of the 21st century i doubt its her ;)

As has been stated, I believe we're at the point where the sides have been made and the only thing we can do is wait to see if someone in the know will tell us. I highly doubt that will happen though. They never confirmed an end to Ascension's EE until CoD XP, so why would they do this.

Also, we aren't debating minor details. We're saying he looks nothing like Richtofen unlike many of the concept arts that have been presented who at least resemble the character.

hahaha now that was a much more ridiculous conversation than this one. how people didn't realize the EE was over with the long-ass death machines and the insane demonic laughing and shaking and black and white, i'll never know

well then please go and make a topic about how there are two different women in cotd.

No statement needed from anyone at Treyarch.

pps. I look forward to BO2 and the theories that come with it,which wont be based on assumption and boredom.

And I am sorry if I am beeing a douchebag right now,but I just couldn't resist.

And it was quite fun,I think I wil enjoy my stay here. (by that I mean this forum)

That is all.

Lenne, to be fair - no one is attacking your side, why are you attacking ours? there is a better way to go about this then cracking condescending jokes. you've made it abundantly clear your disdain for anything related to this, and have presented all of your evidence. please come back with more evidence if you have more, but don't come back with 3d renderings of different characters from a different map. if anything you could have posted these renditions, which actually pertain specifically to the subject as they are indeed 3arc endorsed renditions. i don't see why this can't be amicable, why it has to devolve into condescension.

i think the portrayal of dempsey in iOs CoTD is waaaay off, so that actually is something for you side Lenne.

sorry i don't have close up versions of richtofen.

annnnnnnd then the bald wide faced chin dimpled eclipse scarred american looking super tanned rendition.

• Moderators

Lenne, to be fair - no one is attacking your side,

Yea,I was quite a douchebag there and I try not to be.

But I was pretty tired at that pont and just wanted that to be done with.

As an apology I should say that I asked Collin yesterday.

I asked if the guy is Richtofen.

And he replied with "Does it look like Richtofen? ;)" (

I said yes (because Twitter isn't really a place where you can properly answer things.) :lol:

And he said this:"In the immortal words of River Song, "Spoilers!" Sorry man, can't give you the answer."(^^^^TREYARCH,again LOL)

Now,Treyarch tends to do that stuff.

But I am starting to feel like I will eat my own words this november. :?

Oh,and I hope that it isn't considered a leak.

I wouldn't read too much into that...

3Arc likes to mess with us like that.

Q: Is their more to the Ascension EE?

A: Do you think there is more?

Q: Is Sam in control of the zombies

A: Who's Sam?

Q: Is there an unfound EE on Der Reise?

A: Do you think there is?

Q: Why is there a photo of Rich in the Pentagon?

A: Why do you think his portrait is in Five?

Q: Is Reznov Dead?

A: Is He?

You see what I mean, you could throw anything at them and they will have a way of neither confirming or denying. Try it... ask them something so outlandish it couldn't possibly be true, and you'll still get a veiled/vague answer that could be interperated any number of ways.

• Moderators

I wouldn't read too much into that...

3Arc likes to mess with us like that.

Q: Is their more to the Ascension EE?

A: Do you think there is more?

Q: Is Sam in control of the zombies

A: Who's Sam?

Q: Is there an unfound EE on Der Reise?

A: Do you think there is?

Q: Why is there a photo of Rich in the Pentagon?

A: Why do you think his portrait is in Five?

Q: Is Reznov Dead?

A: Is He?

You see what I mean, you could throw anything at them and they will have a way of neither confirming or denying. Try it... ask them something so outlandish it couldn't possibly be true, and you'll still get a veiled/vague answer that could be interperated any number of ways.

Right and I am still convinced that it is Richtofen. Until the game proves me wrong.

Treyarch is just a bunch of trolls. :lol:

This is pretty fitting:

• Moderators

Lenne, if you end up wrong, we won't make you eat crow. This discussion has been fun and interesting. Without opposition, we wouldn't have to come up with evidence or anything.

Appreciate it. :)

But I will(if you are wrong)totally slaughter all of you!!! :lol:

Nope,I wont.

Electric Jesus wrote:

lol its a good thought, but I don't think that too many women dressed like that back in the 40's-50's (the time period Sophia would have presumably been in that age range)

unless she has found the fountain of youth and has also embraced the fashion and style of the 21st century i doubt its her

If your only counter argument is what she is wearing, then maybe the answer is as simple As "she has been on the moon since groph Schuster and the doc were there. She teleported there with maxis when they killed him. She was never killed, or ran away.

When groph and Schuster start killing everyone she probably flees to the teleporter, NMl. That's why she's in America. Also even though it isn't confirmed, the most likely desert place for testing weapons is Roswell new Mexico. Soooooo, Maybe sophia, groph, Schuster, sam, and the fearsome foursome simply walked to nuketown from area 51.

Back on topic, the guy on the poster could be maxis. When he "dies" he yells NO pretty heartily afterwards. Nobody who is fatally wounded could possibly say no like that! Some people claim to hear his soul going into the pyramid but that's just the machine closing! He yelled no because they shot at Sam after he told her to kill them! They were scared of her power and knew that this would be the last time she was visible. Sooooooo they shot at her, to no avail. Maxis was on the ground so he didn't know the effect of the bullet, making him say no. So maybe richtofen will remain in the device and the 4 new characters for nuketown will be sophia groph Schuster and maxis, with Sam in docs body. They wouldn't want to kill him because richtofen is in control now. They wouldn't want to kill him when Sam was in charge becaûse she would attack them all the more relentlessly.

Lenne, if you end up wrong, we won't make you eat crow. This discussion has been fun and interesting. Without opposition, we wouldn't have to come up with evidence or anything.

Appreciate it. :)

But I will(if you are wrong)totally slaughter all of you!!! :lol:

Nope,I wont.

we're all friends here, and yes i agree with Fated, this has been a fun debate. :D