Something that has been bugging me

So after Syndicate tweeted the picture with the Wave Gun, I started wondering where I had seen it before. And it came to me that I had seen the Wave Gun in the CoDZL trailer. Then I remembered who shot the Wave Gun. This man:

Now, as many noticed when CoDZL was released, that looks exactly like the man holding the Thundergun on the First Strike Zombies poster.

Now that we have both of these pictures here, let's look at the men. They obviously look the same, but that doesn't mean they are the same. There is one feature that makes me say that it is 100% confirmed they are the same. And that is the scar under the left eye. Each of them have it. So I think it's safe to say they are one and the same.

Once I decided on this, I had to ask. Who is this? Two places we see this man. We have no answers as to who it is. Also, where is Richtofen? He's nowhere to be seen even though he is one of the most popular characters in the game. Tank, Takeo, and Nickolai are all in their normal attire, so it's safe to say if Richtofen had been on the poster, he would have been in his uniform. But he's not there.

So as all these thoughts came into my head, I began to realize that the First Strike poster makes ZERO sense. Look at it. There's no Waffe, Howl, or Nova Crawlers in Ascension. Speaking of crawlers, why are there so many crawlers and monkeys and so few zombies in the picture? The only thing that really makes sense in this picture is the rocket in the background and the Thundergun.

Another things to look at. The orange. Does anyone else see a mushroom cloud with the orange paint work? Also, let the rocket play as a divider for you. I see the Black Ops 2 logo. Lastly, we have never gotten another zombie poster for any map pack ever. Why now? Why this one?

So there are many questions to answer. Who is this man? Where is Richtofen? Is this supposed to be a depiction of the First Strike zombies or is it actually telling of something else? Could this be a hint toward the future? Could this man be a playable character for Black Ops 2? When did CoDZL happen in the storyline? Could this man be the blank portrait from Kino?

What do y'all think? I'm sure there are plenty of other questions that could be asked as well, so bring them up. Let's discuss this because it seems important to me.

• Like 1

Or that could actually be Richtofen and maybe those live action trailers were when Group 935 was testing on zombies?

Pretty sure the guy holding the thundergun in the First Strike poster was Richtofen. I know many disagree, but to me that looks just like Richtofen. Also, it looks like his head is tilted back in the poster so it's hard to see his receding hairline. Plus he's wearing the same outfit as he does in Ascension. And I think this was just a random piece of artwork produced by Treyarch, considering for example how Takeo is holding the Winter's Howl and these 4 characters have had no contact with that weapon.

wow - from the bone structure, to the crescent moon scar, to even his large circular collar.

From the First Strike Poster

From the Zombie Labs Trailer

the thing is... Richtofen wears the same collar

Could this man be the blank portrait from Kino?

this blank portrait DOES have quite the exaggerated collar. i'm not sure if we can say whether the silhouette is bald or not...

EDIT: sorry didn't realize these bottom pictures weren't coming through.

Bald man. Hair. Sorry but they're different. Doesn't even look the same in the face. You can call it artist's rendition or whatever, but the fact is they the face looks nothing alike. I guess it could be him, but why is Richtofen testing with Americans? Is CoDZL Group 935?

Also, it says they recently discovered a zombie population on the Moon. That's why they're testing it. That guy looks exactly like the man in the poster. But I don't think that man looks anything like Richtofen. Richtofen is way to skinny. He's not built at all. This man is built.

I think that you are over thinking this.

Hopefully I am wrong because it would be interesting to see how this character (and possibly other characters from the lab) tie into the story.

how is he over thinking this?

the characters are very similar and he isnt the first to suggest that they are the same person.

• Moderators

the characters are very similar and he isnt the first to suggest that they are the same person.

Because I think that he is just a random person who tests the gun(s) and is not really important at least for now.

And when did any of the 4 heroes have the time to be at the labs?

Because I think that he is just a random person who tests the gun(s) and is not really important at least for now.

he didnt say any of the heroes were at the labs.

• Moderators

But he and other people in this thread are (at least in some way)assuming that,that is Richtofen.

And that is what I meant with "over thinking". (Since I don't think that it is Richtofen)

I am not saying that it is a bad theory or anything like that.

I'm sorry if it came off the wrong way.

Gotta agree with this. I think he's just some soldier inside the lab that they use to fire the guns.

Here's pics of Richtofen's face. The bone structure is noticeably different IMO. Plus the scar is on the wrong side of the face as well.

As for the First Strike poster, it seems it was more of an artist rendition of the gang and Zombies. Alot of things are off about it. That's definitely Richtofen in the poster, even though his face does seem a bit off.

viewtopic.php?t=16088#p143035

But he and other people in this thread are (at least in some way)assuming that,that is Richtofen.

And that is what I meant with "over thinking". (Since I don't think that it is Richtofen)

I am not saying that it is a bad theory or anything like that.

I'm sorry if it came off the wrong way.

but the FatedTitan, the op, is saying that Richtofen and this dude are two completely different guys. lol

• Moderators

but the FatedTitan, the op, is saying that Richtofen and this dude are two completely different guys. lol

That is why I said "in some way".

Everybody should know that that is Richtofen on the poster.

And he is asking where Richtofen is. And brings up that soldier.

And other people are talking about how that soldier could be Richtofen.

:?

okay so... all "artist interpretation" aside, all "his head is tilted up so you can't see his hair" aside, all "well he's not part of the O4 so he's not important" aside - the man can fit inside a blank portrait pretty damn well ;)

EDIT: for the first strike example I flipped the photo so it's backwards from what you would see in the actual poster - so don't try and say anything about his scars!

Live trailer:

First Strike poster:

That is why I said "in some way".

Everybody should know that that is Richtofen on the poster.actually it's still disputed. i dont believe that that is richtofen, he is just too different and he matches the guy in the video too well for me to believe that he is richtofen

And he is asking where Richtofen is.And brings up that soldier.

And other people are talking about how that soldier could be Richtofen.

:?

well how i interpreted the op was that he said the guy in the video and the poster are the same guy, but the guy on the poster and richtofen are not the same guy. so therefore richotfen isnt on the poster because of zombie labs guy's sudden appearance and likeness to the poster thunder gunguy. thats what i believe anyway. if any of this comes of rude i apologize.

If you can't see the resemblance of the soldier and the man in the First Strike poster, you should have your eyes checked. They look exactly the same. And look at the pics of Richtofen. He looks NOTHING like that guy. He's got a completely different body type, hair, and everything. It's not him. No artist can mess a character up THAT bad when the others are so on tune.

And to kingsley. EXCELLENT!

If you can't see the resemblance of the soldier and the man in the First Strike poster, you should have your eyes checked. They look exactly the same. And look at the pics of Richtofen. He looks NOTHING like that guy. He's got a completely different body type, hair, and everything. It's not him. No artist can mess a character up THAT bad when the others are so on tune.

Thank you sir!

might I add that Richtofen is often snarling/smirking/looking somewhat demented and this dude looks pretty damn focused and well... not... "ze-doctah-esque" if you will.

i was wondering where the hell you were, a whole debate happened just trying to understand what you originally meant. but at least i know now that i had it right :lol: