Something that has been bugging me

Usually the side with more reasons IS right, but ok...

You are coming off an argument from ignorance. "We don't know who this is, and he's alongside the others, so it must be Richtofen."

Why would it be anyone but Richtofen? Explain that.

Give me one good reason. And don't tell me that a character on an artwork looks like an actor in a video and that is why it can't be Richtofen.

There is no way to explain why it wouldn't be Richtofen without personal bias. We're just working off of something we think was hinted at. As I said above, and as hammer said, the community has NEVER agreed on this and so why not keep talking about it? If you would like to come up with an explanation as to "why" it's Richtofen that doesn't involve the phrase "well, he's on the other maps and he's on this map - so it's him". WE ARE NOT SAYING YOU PLAY AS THIS SOLDIER IN ASCENSION, IT IS PERFECTLY CLEAR YOU PLAY AS RICHTOFEN. But this community should know that given all the time travel, intricate storylines, and discussion about the maps chronology - it's entirely possible there is something we missed regarding a 5th character. It's hinted at in kino, we have a random looking guy on the FS poster. That is what we are talking about.

Usually the side with more reasons IS right, but ok...

You are coming off an argument from ignorance. "We don't know who this is, and he's alongside the others, so it must be Richtofen."

Why would it be anyone but Richtofen? Explain that.

Give me one good reason. And don't tell me that a character on an artwork looks like an actor in a video and that is why it can't be Richtofen.

You do realize that the actor probably didnt come those scars on his face, they seem more like they were added on. and why that outfit? why not give him a more Sciencey outifit? I mean its not like it has to be a soldier who tests the guns. Why would they go out of their way to make this actor look more like the guy on the poster?

Guys, I think it's Richtofen on the poster just cause it makes the most logical sense. It's a poster for Ascension. We play as Richtofen in Ascension. Why would it not be him?

But, just out of curiosity, say that you're right. Say that the guy on the Ascension poster ISN'T Richtofen and it IS the guy in the CoDZL trailer. What does this mean? What does this accomplish? For what reason would they put this man on the advertisement for Ascension instead of one of the playable characters?

EDIT: Well, NOW I see posts are showing up that show people saying the same thing as me :lol: glad we're getting closer to being on the same page now

You do realize that the actor probably didnt come those scars on his face, they seem more like they were added on. and why that outfit? why not give him a more Sciencey outifit? I mean its not like it has to be a soldier who tests the guns. Why would they go out of their way to make this actor look more like the guy on the poster?

this, this, ohhhhh this. why make him look like the bald guy from the FS poster? Why make him have the EXACT crescent moon scar on his left eye?

• Moderators

I thought the fifth portait was meant to be for the mexican,who died?

I just think it is common scence that this guy with the Thundergun is Richtofen.

And I am sticking to that. :P

I just can't be bothered to argue against 2+ people,on my own. :/

I said everything I could think of to show you that it is Richtofen.

But we are still walking in a circle.

So there you go. I give up,but give me some other ideas to who that guy could be apart from the soldier in the video.

I just think it is common scence that this guy with the Thundergun is Richtofen.

So there you go. I give up,but give me some other ideas to who that guy could be apart from the soldier in the video.

NO NO please don't give up! i'm serious. I want to know why you think Richtofen would have the thundergun and NOT the waffe...

NO NO please don't give up! i'm serious. I want to know why you think Richtofen would have the thundergun and NOT the waffe...

See NOW we're getting somewhere. For the time being, I'm gonna pretend you guys are right and the guy on the poster is the CoDZL guy (even though I still think it's Richtofen). Could he maybe be Gersch, or Yuri? Then that might actually make sense, seeing as both of those characters play major parts in Ascension (not to mention, Gersch DID invent the Thundergun, which the man is depicted holding).

• Moderators

Because The Wunderwaffe doesn't exist on Ascension. Which maybe could be a hint at Richtofen having a plan and the other 3 don't have a real clue about that,just yet?

That is my Theory,I guess. :P

Did either of them have any affiliation with the Wave Gun? Or wasn't that Maxis?

I'm trying to think about all the creators of the wonder weapons:

Ray Gun - Maxis (based on plans from Shi No Numa)

Wunderwaffe - Richtofen

Monkey Bomb - Richtofen

Thundergun - Gersch

Gersch Device - Gersch (tough one, right?)

Matryoshka Dolls - unknown

V-R11 - unknown

Scavenger - unknown (although, based on the name of the upgraded version, Harvey Yena?)

31-79 JGb215 - Maxis

QED - Richtofen

Wave Gun - this is the only one I can't remember, but I feel like it was Maxis, Richtofen, or someone in Group 935

So, no, I don't believe Gersch was affiliated with the Wave Gun

I completely understand why you want it to be Richtofen. But the evidence doesn't add up.

He may play a greater part of the story in BO2. Richtofen isn't present, which would suggest that this is a scene after Moon. Richtofen wouldn't be there in this case. So we still don't know who this is. It could be Gersche or Yuri or Maxis, or it could be no one we've met. I honestly have no idea who it is, which is why I posted this thread. I wanted input and I appreciate both sides of the argument, but I want to see evidence besides what I've seen so far for it being Richtofen before I will give into that belief.

I wanted input and I appreciate both sides of the argument, but I want to see evidence besides what I've seen so far for it being Richtofen before I will give into that belief.

for the argument against Richtofen, i think we're making some serious strides with this weapon maker questioning.

Everyone affiliated with the Thundergun came after the Wave Gun's time. Unless someone did some time travelling that we don't know about...

indeed.

i'll be back on in a little while, but i am really enjoying this thread. both sides of the argument are valid in respects, and i look forward to the responses i'll get to read here in a few hours!

But, just out of curiosity, say that you're right. Say that the guy on the Ascension poster ISN'T Richtofen and it IS the guy in the CoDZL trailer. What does this mean? What does this accomplish? For what reason would they put this man on the advertisement for Ascension instead of one of the playable characters?

Maybe it's one of the earliest hints at CODZL. I mean think about it, this whole poster could be a hint to zombie labs. Crawlers are on this poster but dont show up in Ascension, but they show up in the zombie labs video. This mystery guy appears on the poster but doesnt match the character he is supposed to be, but instead matches to a currently unknown character in zombie labs. What do you generally expect to see in a lab, monkeys of course, space man weapons, and people in lab coats. well they are all depicted on this poster as well; wonder weapons, zombies in lab coats and zombie monkeys. granted some of these things are there because of ascension but given the surrounding abnormalities we could look at it with less conviction that this was meant entirely for Ascension and give leeway for this theory.

After it's time, or before it's time? Thunder came before Wave, correct?

Gameplay-wise, yes. Timeline-wise, no. The Wave Gun was believed to be invented on Griffin Station, in the 40's. The Thundergun was developed by the Ascension group, in the 60's.

I have a theory about our mystery man. It's far fetched, and since I'm not really one for theories, it's probably incorrect. But I've given it a bit of thought, so I'm gonna put it on the table.

How much do we know about Harvey Yena? We know that he was an American spy, sent with Peter McCain to infiltrate Group 935. We've also seen notes on Der Reise informing Richtofen that "it's time to kill Maxis" with the signature "H. Yena". This means that Harvey must have been in the secret group that Richtofen formed, that built Griffin Station. So Harvey's been to Griffin Station, and knows a lot about it, along with all of Group 935's other projects.

Now, sometime after this, Richtofen begins to suspect that Harvey and Peter are spies (as we hear in a Call of the Dead radio). We know that Peter was killed, but what of Harvey? We never find out, do we?

My theory: he escaped to America. He informed the government of all Group 935's doings, and of Griffin Station. The Americans then started experimenting with Group 935's research themselves, using the Pentagon labs and Area 51 as their testing grounds. They built a teleporter to Griffin Station. Most importantly, they started experimenting with 115 and, potentially, reanimation of the dead.

So, they began testing in labs in the Pentagon and Area 51 - or, as we know them (here it comes!), the Call of Duty Zombie Labs. Harvey Yena worked with them to develop the Wave Gun, and possibly the Winter's Howl, the Scavenger, and the V-R11. That's why he was in the CoDZL testing the Wave Gun, and that's his connection to it.

That's my theory. It doesn't quite connect him to Ascension or the Thundergun, but with this sneaky character, who knows? ;)

[

So, they began testing in labs in the Pentagon and Area 51 - or, as we know them (here it comes!), the Call of Duty Zombie Labs. Harvey Yena worked with them to develop the Wave Gun, and possibly the Winter's Howl, the Scavenger, and the V-R11. That's why he was in the CoDZL testing the Wave Gun, and that's his connection to it.

That's my theory. It doesn't quite connect him to Ascension or the Thundergun, but with this sneaky character, who knows? ;)

iiiiiiiiiii like it! totally makes sense too that he would be a bigger guy, in comparison to all the other scientists in the codzl trailer. the american's wouldn't have sent some scrawny scientist to infiltrate 935, it has to be some dude who can defend himself with military training if compromised.

iiiiiiiiiii like it! totally makes sense too that he would be a bigger guy, in comparison to all the other scientists in the codzl trailer. the american's wouldn't have sent some scrawny scientist to infiltrate 935, it has to be some dude who can defend himself with military training if compromised.

Exactly, and he WAS compromised, maybe he got the scar while trying to escape?

Jesus. This thread is just getting ridiculous.

That is Richtofen on the First Strike poster. You just can't argue that. Richtofen has had a buzzcut from Ascension, Shangri La, and Moon. You can even see his hair growing back a bit from Ascension from when you see him on Moon. He's not bald in the FS poster, but has a buzzcut. The same buzzcut seen on Richtofen during the Black Ops maps. Hell even on the edge of his cap in Shangri La you can see there's no hairline.

The man in the CODZL has only made an appearance in that trailer and that's it. He's not the man on the First Strike poster. He's not the guy in the blank portrait in Kino. He's just a random soldier used for testing.

Sorry to sound like a douche, but you guys are way over analyzing this. I've spent months upon months examining every bit of the current storyline, and this unknown soldier has no major significance. There's other things about the story we need to figure out, this just seems pointless IMO.

Lenne, apologize for nothing. You are correct in your statements.

Shooter

this.

Pareidolia... why would they put a random person in the poster for first strike? now if that person was in ascension, then maybe you can argue for it, but that poster is supposed to me our 4 heroes, whether or not the artist portrayed that to pinpoint accuracy