Something that has been bugging me

• Moderators

I get what you're saying Lenne - but you have to understand that none of these characters were SO far off that they were bald in one, and had a full head of hair in the other. We're not trying to like rediscover the meaning of life, we just don't want to settle for "oh it's artist interpretation. period. stop talking about it, shouldn't you be talking about the special editions?"

I don't get how ANYTHING on this site can be "over thinking it" - this is a site for dedicated theorists, as i've been told. so either it's all being overthunk, or it's all fair game.

Characters change throughout developement.

Maybe they wanted Richtofen to have no hair ( for Ascension) but have scratched that idea?

And of course there is something like "over thinking",if you see an artwork for a map,where you know,that you play as Richtofen,Nikolai,Takeo and Tank and suddenly you think that one person isn't who he should be on an artwork.

Or if you think that a soldier in a fun video plays an important role,for that matter

I should make a new thread about all those scientists and ask who those could be.

Theories can be proven wrong and I just think that this one is a long shot and I am surely not the only one who thinks that.

• Moderators

I am sorry. I totally forgot about the first artwork. Here you go

Hopefully this works.

As you can see,the hair is different. And they could have made that right,regardless of the generation.

What?! now the Niko picture is gone... sigh. ^^

EDIT: If you were intending for there to be a second picture of Nico to compare to then that picture did not come through.

I wanted 2 (artwork) Nikos.

apologies for the fail remark. i'd still like to see the other Tommy V and the other Nico pic if you'd be willing to upload them. Totally not trying to shut down other people (unless, they were to think tommy and niko were the same person ;) )

Theories can be proven wrong and I just think that this one is a long shot and I am surely not the only one who thinks that.

This goes both ways my friend. We're trying to put evidence to prove wrong your theory, while all you're really saying is...

you play as Richtofen,Nikolai,Takeo and Tank and suddenly you think that one person isn't who he should be on an artwork.

this isn't sudden. i've always wondered this. I thank Fitan for making a topic, and clearly a lot of people are interested because it's on FIYUH!!!! ALSO this topic was talked about ad nauseam when the FS poster came out. At the time we didn't have the CODZL trailer. But for anyone still confused, here's how we got to this point:

1. rez tweets book cover. syndicate retweets with photo of model wave gun in background.

2. we start thinking about who used the model wave gun.

3. that army guy used the wave gun.

4. the tweets have their own thread, so we set up one for the army guy. this also allows for the discussion of FS poster because it's possible it could be him.

• Moderators

I hope you've seen all the pictures now.

All I am trying to say is you shouldn't think too much about an artwork.

Since it really just is a (most of the time,early) concept of a character etc.

I just hope that no one hates me now. :? :lol:

Here is the link:

Yeah.

Thought process :

"Hey guys. What if, for Asxrnsuon, Richtofen had shaved his head completely bald, had a much more round face, a different look to his face, different scars, no hat, have a more built body, AND wear something different! You don't like that? But I got the artwork done and everything..."

Makes tons of sense.

Yeah.

Thought process :

"Hey guys. What if, for Asxrnsuon, Richtofen had shaved his head completely bald, had a much more round face, a different look to his face, different scars, no hat, have a more built body, AND wear something different! You don't like that? But I got the artwork done and everything..."

Makes tons of sense.

"but make all the other characters the same!" :lol:

Jesus. This thread is just getting ridiculous.

That is Richtofen on the First Strike poster. You just can't argue that. Richtofen has had a buzzcut from Ascension, Shangri La, and Moon. You can even see his hair growing back a bit from Ascension from when you see him on Moon. He's not bald in the FS poster, but has a buzzcut. The same buzzcut seen on Richtofen during the Black Ops maps. Hell even on the edge of his cap in Shangri La you can see there's no hairline.

The man in the CODZL has only made an appearance in that trailer and that's it. He's not the man on the First Strike poster. He's not the guy in the blank portrait in Kino. He's just a random soldier used for testing.

Sorry to sound like a douche, but you guys are way over analyzing this. I've spent months upon months examining every bit of the current storyline, and this unknown soldier has no major significance. There's other things about the story we need to figure out, this just seems pointless IMO.

Lenne, apologize for nothing. You are correct in your statements.

Shooter

• Moderators

Indeed. We have many points for our argument, but only a scant few for the Richtofen side.

So only because you are "the bigger number" means that you are right?

I am sorry but THAT is ignorant.

How can you possibly think that the guy is anyone other than Richtofen?

Why would there be a completely different person.

There are 4 people and you say that 3 of those are 3 of the heroes,they are all holding a Wunderwaffe,so does the 4th one,how could he not be Richtofen?

Indeed. We have many points for our argument, but only a scant few for the Richtofen side.

So only because you are "the bigger number" means that you are right?

I am sorry but THAT is ignorant.

How can you possibly think that the guy is anyone other than Richtofen?

Why would there be a completely different person.

There are 4 people and you say that 3 of those are 3 of the heroes,they are all holding a Wunderwaffe,so does the 4th one,how could he not be Richtofen?

No he's not saying that. He's just saying that we are actually trying to come up with points, new evidence - and the Richtofen side are just using things that are universal truths: "artist interpretation", "you play as them, so it's him". Points was not meant to be cumulative, rather quantitative. I don't think he was trying to say ANYONE is specifically right or wrong.

• Moderators

No he's not saying that. He's just saying that we are actually trying to come up with points, new evidence - and the Richtofen side are just using things that are universal truths: "artist interpretation", "you play as them, so it's him". Points was not meant to be cumulative, rather quantitative. I don't think he was trying to say ANYONE is specifically right or wrong.

I've never said anything about "artist interpretation" :?

Alright, I've been following this topic for a while but I'm just deciding to say something now.

I really think you guys are overthinking this poster thing. Now, I'm not denying that the CoDZL guy could be important, he very well could be - I mean, why would they detail a guy like that so much for a ten second appearance in a promo? But I really think the guy in the poster is Richtofen. Sure, the artist didn't get him completely right. You must admit, though, he wasn't COMPLETELY off. It doesn't look NOTHING like Richtofen - hell, it was accurate enough that the whole community never questioned it until now.

The whole community didnt accept it, there were problems with Ascension because people thought Richotfen wasnt coming back because of this poster and the first trailer reveal. The trailer didnt feature Richtofen very clearly so people assumed he wasn't there, and added with the the guy in the poster people were freaked for an amount of time.

• Moderators

Usually the side with more reasons IS right, but ok...

You are coming off an argument from ignorance. "We don't know who this is, and he's alongside the others, so it must be Richtofen."

Why would it be anyone but Richtofen? Explain that.

Give me one good reason. And don't tell me that a character on an artwork looks like an actor in a video and that is why it can't be Richtofen.