Your Biggest Fears For Black Ops II

My 5 Biggest fears are

1. Thunder gun--returns

2. Baby gun--returns

3. no Waffles

4. no Scavenger

5. Alot moar avenged sevenfold

I heartfully disagree, the baby gun was one of my favorite weapons, not so much the thunder gun Probobly won't be back though... Wonderwaffes will likely make an Easter egg appearance, or perhaps there'll be a mode that allows only wonder weapons into zombies, I'd like that..... The scavenger was awful, only when coupled by the vr11 was it any good for anything other than the security systems in the Easter egg... And ax7 will likely be returning sense richtofen is in the mpd, and his's mind is focused by ax7...

I guess you can say... This is... (evil accent) YOUR F$@&$&'ING NIGHTMARE AHAHHAHAHA! Lol

Well the scavenger was the most powerful wonder weapon in all of zombies. It's quite easy to run in circles and horde up 50 zombies and kill em all in one shot ;)

Baby gun bleh

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Fun fact.The Scavenger is one of the only two wunderkind to not do infinite damage. Making it one of the weakest.

True. The Scavenger becomes a two-shot kill as early as round 34. Realistically, the Wave Gun was the most useful of all wonder weapons, basically being a Thundergun with a couple mini-Wunderwaffes thrown in. However, my favorite will always be The Punter (baby gun).

Fun fact.The Scavenger is one of the only two wunderkind to not do infinite damage. Making it one of the weakest.

True. The Scavenger becomes a two-shot kill as early as round 34. Realistically, the Wave Gun was the most useful of all wonder weapons, basically being a Thundergun with a couple mini-Wunderwaffes thrown in. However, my favorite will always be The Punter (baby gun).

Oh god not another name.... But yeah that's my favorite weapon too!

My Fear

1) A7X not returning

2) Too easy EE that any 5 year old can do

3) Poor choice of weapons for box and walls

Regards Yellow-card8

I agree that a easy Easter egg is terrible, but I don't want an Easter egg like COTD shangri la, or moon, sangri la you lost 1 person and poof, your over, hours of planning and work down the crapper... And cotd half the time you'd do the full Easter egg but some noob would try to activate a radio and mess it all up, or it glitches and and youve waisted your life on crap... And moon was a fine Easter egg, EXEPT for the stupid excavator pi breaching tunnel 6, 90% of the time I played excavor pi would never come down, if there was a way to MAKE an excavator come down that'd be great...

My Fear

1) A7X not returning

2) Too easy EE that any 5 year old can do

3) Poor choice of weapons for box and walls

Regards Yellow-card8

I agree that a easy Easter egg is terrible, but I don't want an Easter egg like COTD shangri la, or moon, sangri la you lost 1 person and poof, your over, hours of planning and work down the crapper... And cotd half the time you'd do the full Easter egg but some noob would try to activate a radio and mess it all up, or it glitches and and youve waisted your life on crap... And moon was a fine Easter egg, EXEPT for the stupid excavator pi breaching tunnel 6, 90% of the time I played excavor pi would never come down, if there was a way to MAKE an excavator come down that'd be great...

I want an EE that has to make us think to solve it (so it will never be the same) and it can be done on solo and Co-Op and is not too hectic.

Regards Yellow-card8

My biggest fear is more of the same.

It is seriously time for the game to evolve. Give me upgradable positions, strategies beyond circle-running or picking a hold point based on glitches, number of windows, and/or weapons on the wall, and something to work for besides wave count.

There is no reason the game can't be a whole lot more than it is...and I hope they figure that out.

I feel just the opposite... my biggest fear is that they're going to get too far away from what Zombies is and has been. That they'll try and mess with the formula too much and turn it into something unrecognizable... and IMO they've started down that road already by doing things like adding stupid omnipresent bosses that wander around spouting off cheesy lines.

Other fears;

Though I'm pretty much over the whole Call of Duty multiplayer, I might actually play it more if they don't continue with the godawful lag compensation and penalizing those of us that have good connections and often get picked as host. Unfortunately, I'm pretty sure the trend of the lag compensation getting worse with every game will continue.

Zombies related;

Definitely afraid we'll have to deal with more horrible music Easter Eggs. A7XP3CG or whatever they're called are awful. And yeah, you don't have to play them... but I really enjoy the music that Kevin and Elena make for the games, and there's no reason to replace that with some godawful teenybopper crap. That said, I can even deal with A7XWTFBBQ as long as they don't put another Slim Shady song in the game. Seriously, who at this point actually sits down and thinks "Man, I have not heard enough Eminem in my lifetime. He's so underexposed!"?? I know the children love him, but he was well beyond played out 3 years ago.

Again, that we'll have them putting more annoying bosses in the maps and other "zombie" types like the Nova crawlers. I like what they did with Ascension, having a new enemy type for the bonus rounds... but Zombies should be Zombies.

That they'll do more things with the Easter Eggs like they did with Shangri-La; "You need 4 players to complete it, so if your friends suck you're SOL. And if you don't finish the 4-player EE on this map, you can't even attempt the EE on the next one."

Also don't want to see any more EE's like Moon where it's left up to chance, and the game rarely wants to cooperate with what you need it to do.

I just would really like to see them make more quality Zombies content like they used to. I'm hearing stuff about custom game modes and all I think is "So... they're just gonna cater to the 12 year olds that spam youtube comments with '3ARC give us da zombeez mods so we can do liek glitches and have unfinited lief and stuffs! Repost and thumb up so 3Arc will c dis!!' instead of focusing on a classic Zombies style game mode?"

Honestly, I am very excited about BO2 Zombies, but also kinda pessimistic. I know a lot of people will disagree, but I felt like the last few maps in BO were pretty hit and miss. Loved Ascension, didn't really care for COTD, absolutely hated Shangri-La, and kind of loved and hated Moon... it had great ideas and added a lot of cool new mechanics like the Hacker that added to the game without drastically changing the formula... and could be a lot of fun, but also had another stupid boss, was waaay too easy, and put the stupid Nova crawlers back in (oh, and made it pretty much impossible to get more than 4 perks unless you were able to get the Shangri-La EE finished).

I'll be picking the game up Day 1, but if they screw up Zombies, I have no reason to buy Call of Duty anymore. :(

PS This is all my opinion and I'm sure many will disagree. Just how I feel.

It is seriously time for the game to evolve. Give me upgradable positions, strategies beyond circle-running or picking a hold point based on glitches, number of windows, and/or weapons on the wall, and something to work for besides wave count.

There is no reason the game can't be a whole lot more than it is...and I hope they figure that out.

9/10 people don't know perfection when they see it, and will try to inovate it and ruin the picture after its perfect scene...

I feel just the opposite... my biggest fear is that they're going to get too far away from what Zombies is and has been.

I share both of your fears. I feel like there's a way to make both of you happy at the same time - although I have little hope for you Megaton - I noted from your post that you hated George (my best friend) and Shangri-La (my favorite map) so our opinions probably differ on a lot of things :lol:

I still believe that zombies should be mainly about getting to higher rounds - after all, that's what zombies is and always has been. That should remain the same. What should change is how we get there. Sure, training is fun and all, but doing the same thing for a hundred rounds gets incredibly tedious and boring. If they can find a way to make the higher rounds more interesting while not changing how zombies is played, that would be fantastic.

A good way to start would be to find a way to make it so that the zombies aren't invincible to all but one weapon. Call of the Dead came closest to pulling this off, making it so that the V-R11 gave other players insta-kill opened up a whole new world of high-round strategies - but it backfired on the solo mode, leaving even the best solo players a map that they will probably never achieve round 100 on.

Still, I feel like weapons like the V-R11 are key to keeping zombies fresh. Even in the high rounds it serves an important purpose, and yet that purpose is not directly killing zombies. I was disappointed to see that such a tactical weapon didn't return in Shangri-La and Moon. The QED was interesting, but too unrealistic to use for a high round strategy.

Bottom line of this rant that I really didn't mean to get into: Treyarch needs to make more tactical weapons, and stray away from the "one shot takes out the whole train" formula, to develop a more fun and interesting way to get to high rounds.

I want a less intrusive Easter egg. I literally can't play cord, shangrila, or moon without constantly reviving some idiot who insists on trying to do an Easter egg, ALONE, in the middle of a round. The 3 most common places for me to revive someone are Samantha says, the eclipse switches on shangri-la, and the metal door on cotd.

I want the EE to be a part of the map, and a significant part, but not more do than the actual object of the game - survive. "survive against limitless waves of the undead" is the mode description, not "ignore zombies and dick around with random tasks until you FUCKING DIE!" I don't want to play THAT game. The first one sounds pretty good! :mrgreen:

Also, infinite perks is getting old. I think they should have all-new wonderweapons in bo2 except raygun. Then upon completing the Easter egg each of the players receives an old waffle gun. It is random so you can receive one of the 8 guns to each of the 8 players. No 2 players can have the same.

Essentially we would have der mighty wunderwaffe, thundergun, winter's howl, scavenger, vr-11, 31-79 JGB215, and wave gun and a new one on the same map, upon completion of an Easter egg.

I just fear that the zombie mode they promised us to be "bigger than everything you've played before" (that's what they said in the interview if I remember correctly) will NOT INCLUDE THE OLDER ZOMBIE MAPS.

Come on ! You want a great zombie mode ?

At least include all previously released zombie maps.

If they don't include them I don't think I'll buy it. :-(

The fact that previous zombie maps were all online paying DLCs prevented me from buying any C.O.D. game since I don't have an internet connection on my PS3.

If Treyarch released a "game of the year edition" of Call of Duty Black Ops with ALL released map packs (like rocksteady did with Batman Arkham City), I would not hesitate and buy it.

Whatever they decide, I'll wait for a REVIEW of the game and see if it is worth spending my money on it. :-D

Do you reckon the Ray Gun will stay?

Are the weapons in campaign/mulitplayer changing? If so how much of an impact will that have on zombies?

Will the Ak stay (god i hope so)

The Ray Gun has been a tradition since the very beginning of zombies, it would be strange to ditch it now. However, it needs some tweaks. I liked how it was in World at War, but in Black Ops it was really just a crawler-making machine. If it's such a good gun that all the noobs strive for, then it really should be better than it is now.

There are a lot of new guns in the multiplayer, and some are going away, but there are a fair few returning: M1911, Galil, AK47, RPG, etc. It's hard to say how much impact this will have on zombies though, since zombies is doing it's own thing now and we don't know what time period it's taking place in - although we do know that Nuketown is taking place in the 60's, so I wouldn't be surprised to see the original Black Ops weapons there.

Biggest fears include

1: MAP TOO BIG TO EASY TO RAPE-TRAIN NOOOOOOO!!!!!

2: No perfect winters howl/fury (I loved that gun to death on five, I only hope they bring it back not broken)

3:Maps not being released to DLC (I'm not pre-ordering hardened/prestige/whatever, am broke)

4: No Elena Siegman/Kevin Sherwood (My God if they don't put them back in BO2 wit some epic songs. This should actually be number one on the list because epic.)

Oh another one, Poor textures for PAP, I did not like the ones for Black Ops, the ones for W@W were BEAUTIFUL !!!

Regards Yellow-card8

i really like that they changed up the PaP camo... i like WaW's too but black ops was pretty sweet. I do hope they change it again for blops2. and it would be awesome that for some sort of zombies achievement you could unlock the camo skin for multiplayer :)