Nuketown Zombies Map Layout and Mechanics Discussion

WOW!! Treyarch has done it again with a new installment we never seen coming. (or at least I didn't) Nuketown was quite a small map, but outside the map was much more.

Let's take a look: :geek:

If you notice, the area we know as Nuketown is only a fourth of the actual map size. I have a few things to touch on before I leave it to you: the people.

Vehicle Explosions: This was brought up by FPSrussia in his latest video about zombies and we can somewhat rely on that because of the Tacitus videos. Nuketown is full of cars and trucks and what-not. This would offer us a trap that costs nothing but still gives us points. Another thing to back this up is the map we have seen labeled "The Map". In a city such as that you would see cars everywhere. I really like this concept and I hope it is brought into zombies. Especially Nuketown.

Climbing/Jumping: Have you ever climbed out of the window in Nuketown and jumped off the ledge for an awesome kill? I know you have. Have you ever climbed up the ledge and jumped through the widow on a camper? I know you have done this as well. It is a great escape route and I hope it remains. Most maps do not offer climbing over or even jumping over objects. I think with Nuketown this should change. It would take away from it as I know it.

Music Egg: Nuketown was the only multiplayer map to offer a music egg, and now it's a zombie map. :shock: Wow! I wonder how the mechanics on this one will pan out? Are we shooting dummies for the song? Or are THEY a new boss? IDK

Well that is all for now, but I would like to hear what you think could be changed, or kept the same. Let's try to keep it with the topic though. There is a story thread for this map, and now a bit of a gameplay thread.

• Replies 16
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I saw a leaked photo of the map during a night/day cycle (depending on how long you survive) with the mannequins melted and somewhat bloody. Most of the houses were destroyed and burned up and the nuketown zombies sign was there in the original spot from Blops 1. Obviously this could be fake, but it sounds and looks awesome.

^ I don't know... on Shangri La, I was chillin over by the mine cart and those damn zombies are capable of jumping from where Speed/Jug is located, up and over the fence. I was like WTF? o_O

Anyways, I just hope they keep it the same size as Nuketown. I would love for a NDU sized map for a change.

^ I don't know... on Shangri La, I was chillin over by the mine cart and those damn zombies are capable of jumping from where Speed/Jug is located, up and over the fence. I was like WTF? o_O

Anyways, I just hope they keep it the same size as Nuketown. I would love for a NDU sized map for a change.

Well they did say they could use the multiplayer engine to play bigger maps... But that could just be a ruse, maybe you can play in the full nuketown instead of just the little colvisack at the end...

I was thinking that since the Nuketown sign in multiplayer shows how many players were in the match, that you could go check the sign to see how many zombies were left in the round. That would be pretty cool to me.

This is brilliant

Someone did it already. Look it up on youtube. They got the sign and the excavator from moon and launch