Nuketown Zombies...Population

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

hmm.... here's what this makes me think. Now how this would fit in story wise I don't know. But at the end of a match at Nuketown, when the nuke goes off, trying to tie into the zombies story; could that be the nuclear missiles from Griffin Station making impact to earth? Any other ideas or speculations out there anybody?! :P

and to answer those asking about how it relates to the manhattan project, that was the top secret project that resulted in development of the atomoic bombs that were used in WWII. among other things :)

hmm.... here's what this makes me think. Now how this would fit in story wise I don't know. But at the end of a match at Nuketown, when the nuke goes off, trying to tie into the zombies story; could that be the nuclear missiles from Griffin Station making impact to earth? Any other ideas or speculations out there anybody?! :P

It could be but you can see the nuke coming from the tower, unless thats not whats making the explosion!

The Manhattan Project is the group that researched, designed, and tested the Atomic Bombs during WWII and it's them running the test that ends the game on the MP map.

can you provide proof for that statement?

its easy to assume that its just a regular test nuke, but based on all the other zombies EE's in the map, there just might be more connection than what we know so far

This is crazy... I just went onto Nuketown to look around and saw books that say Edward Richtofen :o (PS I know some commented this above) so doesn't this mean that it has been planned for a while (if zombies=nuketown)... Also I'm convinced that on the Nuketown board next to the Treyarch logo I see a similar logo to the CODZL logo. Just without the zombie head but the lines are joined.

EDIT: ^ This isn't the actual image on the board.

The Manhattan Project is the group that researched, designed, and tested the Atomic Bombs during WWII and it's them running the test that ends the game on the MP map.

can you provide proof for that statement?

its easy to assume that its just a regular test nuke, but based on all the other zombies EE's in the map, there just might be more connection than what we know so far

I'd assume that it is the "Trinity Test" bomb that is going off in the end of the multiplayer map. The Trinity Test was the first prototype of the Atomic bombs used on Japan. The test was done on US soils, in the white sands of the New Mexico desert. You'll notice the outside of Nuketown is all sand and desert.

Nuketown was set up as a gauging device to see what kind of damage the blast would cause. The immense power of the blast transformed ground zero's surface "into a sheet of glass". Note on the new picture how the surface is shiny and reflective like glass? Could be the explanation for that.

Americans had 115. They had scientists with knowledge of it. It's not too far fetched to say the bomb used during the trinity test contained 115, reanimating the dead bodies piled up over the years. But hey, it's only 132 billion zombies to kill, that's not TOO bad. :lol:

I think it's safe to say it's the Trinity Test, a test performed as part of The Manhattan Project. Richtofen's books were confiscated by the Americans during the Der Riese Massacre and Operation Paperclip. They may have been destroying the originals for good by placing them at ground zero of the Trinity Test.

Ru2PWmGIoB8

f754c99ef8d42f920d97f1827a90e3bc

Haven't been on in a while and this is what I come home to? Some zombies on nuketown....?

FUCK YEAH!!! Now this is what the hell I'm talking about. Zombies + Nuketown = Me No lifing the first week of BO2 release.

That's definitely a 1.

Anywho, I will say this. I think this is a fun map. Think Five. Yes we've somewhat related Five to Ascension, but other than that, it was just a reimagining of Nacht. Tight and close quarters. This could be tied in somehow, but could also be just for fun.

Also, this isn't Nuketown 2025. This is Nuketown. In othe words, it's probably on disc, not a preorder bonus.

I have a feeling we'll get more info on this this weekend. There's also the possibility of Trailer Tuesday.

We might actually get a trailer tomorrow, maybe not ONLY ZOMBIES but a Prestige Edition trailer, because on the Black ops 2 facebook page there is a new picture, with David and Dan Bunting in front of a care package box, with the caption:

“Dan Bunting, David Vonderhaar, and the rest of the Treyarch team have been working on something special. Look what’s dropping tomorrow.”

It would be pretty neat if it's basically the next NML map, I mean it's small enough, and how cool would it be to start off in front of that sign, nuketown is all dark and gloomy from the nuke and radiation, the laughter sounds, and you just watch that population scale start to ascend faster and faster. :)

did we get some sort of info on what the 4z4 game mode is? did I miss this somehow? or are we just speculating

I believe it will be like the Team Tactical game mode with zombies in the middle. It kind of bridges the gap between multiplayer and zombies.

Bad behavior. That's just multiplayer with zombies thrown in. I've said many times that I doubt players will be able to hurt each other in 4z4 mode. Only the best zombies players can win.

Anyways, back on topic, there are a wide variety of possibilities here. People are assuming that it'll be small just cause it's Nuketown. Remember, they just confirmed that they're gonna be using the THEME of Nuketown, not necessarily making it as small as Nuketown. Maybe they'll make it bigger and turn it into a full-fledged map. Maybe they'll keep it small and use it as a 4z4 map, or create a new challenge like NML. Guess we'll just have to wait, hopefully we get a trailer tomorrow ;)