The Giant... is Rising.

Der riese has always been shrouded in mystery. Although we know that the events that transpired there led to the zombie apocalypse as we know it, much Is still unknown about the facility. This map set many standards which carry on to nearly every single zombies map. These include upgraded blades, pack-a-punching, teleportation, and of course, Easter eggs. Back then, we had no idea that a simple game of hide and seek with an invisible little girl could lead to something as catastrophic as the destruction of the planet. HOWEVER, perhaps we should have known all along the fate of our world. Some of the mystery of der riese is about to be unraveled. Ladies, gents, and zombies, I bring you...

THE RISE OF THE GIANT.

CHAPTER ONE: story wise...

This map grants us players the explanation for where hellhounds come from, where zombies hems elves come from, the significance of element 115, the story behind the four characters, and the teleporters and pack-a-punch which we take for granted. More importantly, our introduction to Samantha maxis begins on this map, with the fly trap. The monkey bomb was introduced here, and either direct copies or variations have been present in every single map since der riese. The return of the wunderwaffe dg-2 and the iconic ray gun are present, and significant as the technology used to create the former was developed here. We learn here that our characters are all just guinea pigs intended to be transformed into super soldiers, except for richtofen, who did the actual testing. Story wise, this map is presets inky one of the most important to date.

CHAPTER TWO: the gateway.

I like to consider der riese the gateway map because it links to every single other map in some way or another. One very specific detail I would like to pay attention to is the teleporters on der riese. "embrace the trinity and true power will be yours!" once the power of the teleporters is combined, you unlock access to the pack-a-punch machine. A less obvious detail about the teleporters is the boards near each. They are labeled ENG, GER, and FRA. These are obviously references to the count laces England, Germany, and France. The implication here is that each teleporter was linked to a local mainframe for testing, but we're originally going to be used to transport people to those countries. The nazis would have decimated Europe had their experiments not failed, as they may have been able to send troops by the hundreds right behind enemy lines. The boards have maps and photos on them. The maps seem to show areas in the countries corresponding to the board that they are on. Berlin is shown on the German board, Paris on the France bosrd, and a British isle on the england board. What do they mean?

That is revealed in the photos. As a matter of fact, they aren't photos, but screenshots. The English board shows a lighthouse and a boat, along with a few dead-heads. The Germany board shows several zombified nazis in a large theater in Berlin. The French board shows zombies in front of the Eiffel tower. While these should all be familiar to you, (except the french one) one thing jumps out. No map has been set in Britain, has it? However, some quick research tells me that the lighthouse and wrecked ship, which were certainly the inspiration for call of the dead, are actually on the island shown on the map. As a matter of fact, they are still there today. Oh wait, it gets better; the ship is named THE SHANGRI-LA. One more thing to mention is another board showing diagrams and schematics for a rocket, and a shot captured from a soviet cosmodrome. An identical board can be found within the pentagon, as it was presumably taken from the giant for research from the US.

So we have our links to all of our maps. But wait-what about moon? There are certainly no pictures of excavators, astronauts, rockets, or anything! However, the answer is so obvious it went overlooked. The answer we seek lies in the stars above. the moon. Remember the ring of light that everyone thought was a teddy bear, or meteors? It was in fact none of the above. WELCOME TO GRYFFIN STATION.

CHAPTER 3: the future is black.

As you can see, after only the fourth map out of a dozen, they knew they'd be sending us and our heroes across the globe, through time, and off of the earth. However, as there are clues that lead to alternate locations, more is to be discovered. A great example is France. As we can tell by the der riese boards, they planned on sending us to France. Something else that is interesting is that the file name for moon is Zombie_Paris. It seems they planned on sending us there next after shangri-la, but decided on a more climactic ending to bkack ops zombies. However, it is still highly likely that we will find ourselves there in the future (possibly the near future!) another thing to note is that England has not appeared as a map. It is unlikely that they used England solely for an excuse to make a reference to shangri-la. This island itself will be too redundant, as it features a crashed ship and lighthouse. Gee I wonder where I've seen that before.

It is therefore possible that we will see England as a map in the future. As none of this is set in stone, we don't really know what black ops 2 will hold for us. The future is black.

Thus concludes the rising of the giant. More will most certainly be added later. For now, this is Electric Jesus signing off.

-V

• Replies 20
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

By the way, not to sound self absorbed, but if you liked this or my other posts, specifically my 115 thread in my sig, put in a good word for me next month! My new goal is to at some point become the user of the month. it might be much to ask, but I would love you all even more if you knew how I feel about you all and respond by making me love you even more!

Well, you could argue that none of the other idea threads in asylum have a point. The map idea ones ate similar. However I seemingly bulkshit around for a few paragraphs in order to lead up to my final point, which is the map ideas. As you can see, I not only give evidence relating to zombies, but that relates to every single map! You guys aren't wrong, nor are you being jerks. I just think that the way I presented my theory is different and therefore generally less accepted than "here is my idea and why it's real". I instead say "info info stuff you already knew but didn't realize what it meant blah bla blah Paris" which is simply a different presentation. At least I can say thanks for liking my other threads! :lol: :cry: mixed feelings lol

^^^ well we can access tunnels 6 and 11. Where the hell are all of the other tunnels? I doubt we currently have access to the entire area on moon. It is probably a pentagonal base surrounding a meteor of 115 or a crater. Plus, even if we no-clipped I doubt it would prove my point, because they wouldn't bother designing more areas if we could never access them. It seems like the obvious implication is that we can use only a certain area. Also maybe the whole area we have access to is only one of the five red orbs seen from earth? I mean, maybe the whole thing IS big enough to see from earth.

The numbers of tunnels do not need to indicate that there is more tunnels. Laboratories has also a number, if you play on the map you'll see it on the wall. It may just be a specific number for that part of building, and since there are two tunnels, they call out the building number as well so people don't mistake two. It would be quite hard to recognize where not to go, when it would just say "Warning, massive decompression in Tunnel". That's why they would add a building number to it.

^^^ I see what you mean. However, couldn't they have chosen like "tunnel alpha" and "tunnel omega"? Six and eleven seem a little too random. Imean you still might be right but well how about the excavators? Pi, Epsilon, and I don't remember the other one. Where are alpha, beta, gamma, etc. they could have simply chosen random numbers for the tunnels but I still think the implication is that we can't access the rest of the station but it is actually massive.

Story wise maybe richtofen could access the rest of the place if he wanted, but didn't need to because the rest of the station is like the area they were in, times four. Plus all he needed was right there anyway, near the MPD.

Also why would 5 meteors Be in a circle? That is more of a man made characteristic than something that happens randomly in nature. Story wise there has to be 115 on the moon because of the zombie's.

Maybe the der reise lights are actually meteors, and since der reise takes place decades ago we can't see the station yet because it wasn't built. They built it around the meteors so that they could use it for experiments. This makes sense, IF they are actually meteors. Since we don't know officially we can't say for sure. Either way the presence of 115 on the moon suggests that zombies exist there (which has obviously been proven) so it fits in to my theory.

^^^ I see what you mean. However, couldn't they have chosen like "tunnel alpha" and "tunnel omega"? Six and eleven seem a little too random. Imean you still might be right but well how about the excavators? Pi, Epsilon, and I don't remember the other one. Where are alpha, beta, gamma, etc. they could have simply chosen random numbers for the tunnels but I still think the implication is that we can't access the rest of the station but it is actually massive.

Story wise maybe richtofen could access the rest of the place if he wanted, but didn't need to because the rest of the station is like the area they were in, times four. Plus all he needed was right there anyway, near the MPD.

Also why would 5 meteors Be in a circle? That is more of a man made characteristic than something that happens randomly in nature. Story wise there has to be 115 on the moon because of the zombie's.

Maybe the der reise lights are actually meteors, and since der reise takes place decades ago we can't see the station yet because it wasn't built. They built it around the meteors so that they could use it for experiments. This makes sense, IF they are actually meteors. Since we don't know officially we can't say for sure. Either way the presence of 115 on the moon suggests that zombies exist there (which has obviously been proven) so it fits in to my theory.

It's Omicron.

About the excavators - Richtofen did not visit Eagle's Nest for a long time, who knows, maybe he did not see many of these features that were added. I am pretty sure if he knew that excavators malfunction and breach the base, he could do something about it... Or at least warn others. From his quotes I'd say he's not too sure about excavators. But, do not think I am coming up with a theory, it's just my crazy thougths.

I would not say these numbers are random. I don't even know if they're important; throughout the Black Ops campaign, multiplayer and zombies we have numbers. I see what your point is with Alpha, Beta, and Gamma, but we do not know much about excavators, and I would not say we know much about the base, so it's hard to come up with a good point in a discussion about it.

If you think that the station is massive, (and I party agree with you on that, there are many tunnels that zombie breach from) then the theory of building numbers makes even more sense. Obviously parts of the station are not in use, so PES and the computers do not mention them at all - nothing happens here, why would we bother about them? Maybe in BO2 we will move on to somewhere else on Moon, maybe this will explain a lot.

Yup, I also can't see why would 115 be in a circle, but where is it shown that the meteors are making a circle? I cannot think of anything that would give such a great glow to be visible so far away, and the strength of the light that we see coming from Moon can mean that the 5 objects do not need to be in a circle, because the actual object cannot be observed since the glow, so we cannot find it's actual position.

I am pretty sure that the station is built - radios explain that. Considering the fact that Samantha already controls zombies during Der Riese... Yes, the station is definitely there. Please keep in mind that Eagle's nest was being constructed during the time Richtofen still worked with Maxis, and it was already used when Maxis got teleported with Sam and Fluffy. And we know that Der Riese takes place after this incident, so... There is no way story in Der Riese takes place before Griffin station is built.

But besides this, I wonder about thing...

Ununpentium is a synthetic element. This means it is a man made element. How the hell did it got into the meteors.

I think the zombie storyline is comparable to the universe. What we see is a very very tiny bit of what it actually is.

• 2 weeks later...

Very well done, also in the description of der riese, it says "this is where it all began is it where it all ends". Something like that, but that key saying just makes me wonder. 8-)

Also that's how George got his information about the zombie idea, der riese has a lot of documents about the project eh? 8-)

When George tells us what he found in the Nazi documents, there are Der Riese's doors shown on the screen. But it'd be impossible for him to get there...

Very well done, also in the description of der riese, it says "this is where it all began is it where it all ends". Something like that, but that key saying just makes me wonder. 8-)

Also that's how George got his information about the zombie idea, der riese has a lot of documents about the project eh? 8-)

When George tells us what he found in the Nazi documents, there are Der Riese's doors shown on the screen. But it'd be impossible for him to get there...

True, but I do wonder where else he got his sources? The documents he read are form someone in der riese. I'm just wondering who or what gave him the information?

True, but I do wonder where else he got his sources? The documents he read are form someone in der riese. I'm just wondering who or what gave him the information?

You both raise an interesting point! Where did George get his documents? I think you guys may have unwittingly raised a question whose answer could lead to a clue in the next map. The source could be associated with a geographical location, or an upcoming face. For example, maybe Sophia? Great work!

What about the ship itself?

I mean, Der Riese is a great idea but...

-Der Riese would have been searched by soldiers who where there when war finished. (Red Army, Polish army remains, etc.)

- In fact, I've read somewhere that in BO there is a hidden document stating that Kravchenko's brother himself searched the station.

- In 2011 Der Riese, which is located near Breslau would now be on Polish territory, Breslau now being Wrocław.

- I am Polish, so trust me, if anyone would find an abandoned Nazi weapon factory overrun by zombies, Poland as well as the rest of the world would know it immediately so in the storyline we could find some clues about that. (Not as if I am trying to compare the storyline to the real-life, of course. Irl Der Riese complex looks completely different. Interestingly, pictures from it reminded me of Shangri-La, but that off-topic now...)

- How would George survive there long enough to get the documents?

- Opening the power/doors? Would it be possible for him? In-game we do it with points, but story-wise...?

• 1 month later...
  • Administrators

I'm pretty sure he got his information and documents from Call of the Dead itself, since it did possibly serve as a Group 935 headquarters. I think they show the Der Riese door as a flashback to show us what the information was referring to.

I'm pretty sure he got his information and documents from Call of the Dead itself, since it did possibly serve as a Group 935 headquarters. I think they show the Der Riese door as a flashback to show us what the information was referring to.

That must be right, since it makes the most sense of all the possibilites.