Boss Round discussion thread!

Hey codz, V here bringing you something a little different this time. I for one miss boss rounds so much! It is shocking when you realize chat we haven't seen them since ascension. The hellhounds were an excellent challenge with an excellent reward, and the monkeys were even more of a challenge with an even greater potential reward. Though these were the only 2 boss rounds we did see other non-round based bosses such as George Romero, shriekers and napalm zombies, and the astronaut.

Anyway, I have made this thread so that you may post your ideas about new boss rounds. You may feel free to comment on previous bosses or rounds, as well as which ones you want to see return.

Here is my idea to get it started (in HA).

Cyborg "zombie"

I imagine that these would have their own round. They are a mix between napalm and shriekers. They move at the same speed as a normal walking zombie. They deal immense damage hand to hand so it is unwise to engage them at a close range. They can throw flames, out of their chests. This fire is deadly if you are in it for more than a few seconds, but it has short range. They also have the ability to self destruct. If they sense that they are about to be defeated they explode like a napalm zombie but without the fire. Shrapnel flies, leaving behind nothing but bewildered players. They can also emit a massive sonic burst from their face which acts identically to the shrieker zombie.

Killing it: running them through electro-shock barriers is very effective. As they are electrical, if they use any electrical-based wonderweapons like zap guns or wunderwaffe type guns, those will be effective. You can always just choose to simply shoot them. The once they sustain heavy enough damage in a certain body part, that part shuts down. Therefore you have to kill it in parts. The order of the parts you choose to destroy is up to you. You can shut down one leg, slowing it down, or both, mAking it crawl. You can remove its ability to blind you by shooting them in the head, but still risk getting hit by a flamethrower blast. You can take out the chest first, but will end up still being blinded and confused by the head. You can get rid of the arms, limiting it to only ranged attacks. It's all up to you. Once it has only one or two parts left it will begin shaking rapidly and advancing toward you a little more quickly. It then self destructs.

They come with the same frequency as hellhounds, every several rounds. However, slightly more come than dogs. For example, if you are playing solo 8 will come on the first boss round. They all come at the same time, meaning you must face them all at once. You can take the easy route (electroshocking them) or you can face them head to head and be rewarded. Every time a cyborg self destructs you get several hundred points, but you get no points for hit markers. the final one drops a max ammo and a death machine. A perk bottle seems too beneficial honestly, and a max ammo alone seems like too little.

The only thing I'm not entirely sure about is how they will enter the map. It would be the easiest to have them jump down from the roof, but there will most likely be a lot of roof, so you could quickly get surrounded. But that is what makes it fun!

Alright, your turn codz!

-V

• Replies 14
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Great idea, but I personally would hate Treyarch if they brought robots and shit into zombies; lets keep it classy yes?

I for one would love boss rounds to come back as they were a reliable source for max ammos every 5 or so rounds.

As for an enemy boss I would like to see like a "demonic" appearance of Richtofen as he now controls the zombies and the new map looks to be apocalyptic or maybe even zombie raccoons that steal 1/2 of your money since its in a city

I love the idea of some sort of point stealing enemy. One thing to note is that if you get hit by a zombie monkey on shangri-la they steal a very small amount of points. I don't remember the exact amount but i think it's like 50. Either way, there should be a boss round where some enemy to the notion of crawlers come. They are weak, but instead of their main "power" being their ability to daze you with nova 6, their main advantage is that every hit they land on you robs you of one hundred, or even several hundred points. I would imagine that a "robber" zombie would take the form of a small animal. This would fit in with it being weak. However I can see how some people would be hesitant to see a fluffy little bunny rabbit and then have to SHOOT IT IN THE FACE! Either way I love the concept of a point thieving enemy.

Cyborg Zombie:A cyborg zombie would be cool, though it depends do you mean a terminator type zombie or do you mean a zombie with some robotic parts like a leg,arm and part of the body? if it was a zombie with some robotic parts then i would have to agree with you there. :D

Zombie Racoons: Racoons , now that is something i would like to see. In fact there are a lot of animals i would want to see in the game like Bears(as you can probably tell by the name), koalas, gorillas, tigers, and more... but back on topic. Racoons that steal your money would be pretty fucking awesome. it would make the game more challenging, at least you wont get pissed of at a round that you lose your most valuable perk with no way to buy it :evil: ... F*&$# those monkeys!!! oh sry i lost control there for a second. anyways like i was saying you wont get pissed of when you lose a perk, or when you lose a max ammo, or even when you have two wonder weapons and you lose one of them. maybe if you finish a round without getting robbed you will gain a little more points like 1000-2500.

anyways this is my idea :idea:

We all know that the map is going to be in a city, probably New Jersey. So i was thinking why not have the Jersey Devil as a boss what it does is one of the following

1. takes a perk and teleports you

2. takes a gun and teleports you

3. takes your money and teleports you

other than that he goes for power ups aka they turn red instead of green, these are the following effects

1. Double Points will make everything cost twice as much and lasts twice as long as a regular double points

2. Insta-kill will make it even longer to kill a zombie and lasts twice as long

3. Max Ammo will take away half of all your ammo

4. Carpenter will take open up all the windows and make zombies much faster

5.Death Machine will spawn a turret that will burst fire you until you are close to death and lasts as long as a regular death machine

6.Fire Sale will make the box cost twice as much and lasts twice as much as a regular fire sale, terrible if you have double points

7.Bon Firesale will make PAP cost twice as much and lasts twice as long as a Bon firesale

8.Perk Bottle will give you nothing and take away as much money you spent on one of your perks

9. Bonus points will take away 1000-3000 points

nuke is not effected and kills the Devil but will be back in 2 rounds so be lucky that you get a nuke.BTW The Jersey Devil will now teleport to the power p it will slowly walk towards it like George or the Cosmonaut.

Hope you guys rage if this will be in the game :lol:

I like the raccoon idea. Very original and makes since. I'd have to say that one is my favorite so far.

Here is something I would like taken from the Perk Zombie thread, that I can't seem to find. If the author could kindly message me and give me a link, it would be much appreciated. Credit goes to you:

Jugg Zombie: This zombie would be twice to three times the health of any other normal zombie. It will resemble the others, but will be way more beefed up. It deals twice the damage of a normal zombie and runs as fast as a normal sprinter ( not the Verruckt/Romero type of sprinter ).

^^^ there should be a round where less zombies come than normal but they all have a perk related boost.

- Jug zombies are like he said above.

-speed or double tap zombies swing their arms very rapidly when they swipe at you.

-stamin-up zombies are insanely fast.

-phd flopper zombies explode upon death.

-revive zombies will resurrect any dead comrades they pass over, but have very little health.

-deadshot zombies aim for your head, inflicting a bit more damage per blow and making your character flinch massively.

-mule kick zombies have 3 slenderman like arms and attempt to reach for several players at once, grabbing them, forcing them to struggle their way free.

Each zombie has a haze or aura around it to help you identify it. The color of the perk beverage matches the color of the corresponding zombie's aura. These ideas kinda suck but I'm just putting out the idea.

^^^ there should be a round where less zombies come than normal but they all have a perk related boost.

-speed or double tap zombies swing their arms very rapidly when they swipe at you.

-revive zombies will resurrect any dead comrades they pass over, but have very little health.

-deadshot zombies aim for your head, inflicting a bit more damage per blow and making your character flinch massively.

-mule kick zombies have 3 slenderman like arms and attempt to reach for several players at once, grabbing them, forcing them to struggle their way free.

Each zombie has a haze or aura around it to help you identify it. The color of the perk beverage matches the color of the corresponding zombie's aura. These ideas kinda suck but I'm just putting out the idea.

This is actually an amazing idea, and it's been something I've always wanted since Ascension came out (I thought they were going to do this with the monkeys). My only suggestion would be mule kick would either grant them an extra limb (similar to your idea for speed and double tap) and be able to hit you more frequently, or let them hit several players at once instead of just immobilizing them.

Thanks! I didn't really know what to do for mule kick because 3 out of 8 having the same general effect is too redundant. But as it isn't a very powerful effect, it doesn't really matter. They should have a set frequency or probability that each of the specific type come. In order from most to least common, the zombies could be like:

Speed/double tap

Mule kick

Deadshot

Stamin-up

Flopper

Revive

juggernog

So for example if 30 spawned that round about 10 would have speed effect, 5 would have mule kick arms, 4 would have deadshot capabilities, 4 would be really fast sprinters, 3 would explode upon dying, 3 would revive other zombies, and 2 would be really beefed up. Maybe they each give a progressively higher amount of points. Going down the list above, it could be like

150 bonus per kill

150 bonus per kill

200 bonus per kill

250 bonus per kill

300 bonus per kill

300 bonus per kill

500 bonus per kill

Apart from point bonus, you receive a max ammo from the final one. This isn't a super challenging boss round so I don't think it should give you a perk, but maybe a death machine.

New idea along the lines of a point stealing enemy!

Story: a massive group of people were going to use a secret u.s. mass teleporter but it shut down as they were using it. They are now stuck halfway between our world and aether.

SHADOWS

these deal no damage but are a real pain in the ass. They glide around you like dark shadowy ghosts, and then randomly dash towards you. They pass right through you, taking a certain amount of points.

They have about the health of wave 10 zombies and their health never increases as the rounds go by. They come from every shadowy place on the map, creeping out while moaning. When they attempt to steal your points they let our a bloodcurdling scream.

When you shoot them enough until they "die" they disperse like a gas. If they steal your money they also disperse. If you kill all of them without losing a penny you get a max ammo and a perk bottle. This will be hard as they come from all around, and cornering yourself will do no good as they can travel through walls.

They will be the easiest in 4 or 8 player mode because you can stand back to back to back to back and take them down a few at a time. This will require teamwork, unlike hellhounds where there is always that one wise guy who goes off alone and cries for you to revive him when he gets cornered. If that happened here he would simply end up flat broke. Who would there be to whore the box then? Tragic.

They themselves don't really have a defined firm so any hit marker on them gives 10 and any kill gives 60 points. I'm not sure whether they will have heads, but maybe for multipliers you can shoot at their core or soul or something, giving you 100. Oh yeah, and the more rounds go by the more points they steal. For example, on the first round that they appear they can take 200 points per attack. The next time maybe 500. You get the point. Obviously more come as rounds go on and more come if you are playing with a larger number of people.

If you suck enough to let them completely rob all players (jk), they laugh maniacally and disperse on their own. It is likely that much swearing and yelling will ensue at this point. Don't worry, you still get a max ammo. Even so, the next few round are probably going to be hard, do this is a sort of make it or break it round.

I lurrvvv this idea, what do you think?

Not hating or anything, but this was a pretty successful thread not too long ago. The original person to bring it up just hasn't bumped it in a while. Not too sure who it was.

I saw an idea on the forums recently that I really liked.

The main idea was that at every boss round, a random selection of one of the Four Horsemen of the Apocalypse would appear. The four Horsemen are Conquest, War, Famine, and Death.

(The following quotations are taken from the Bible, just to give you a feel as to the appearance of the horsemen)

Conquest: "And I saw, and behold a white horse, and he that sat on him had a bow; and a crown was given unto him: and he went forth conquering, and to conquer.

War: And there went out another horse that was red, and power was given to him that sat thereon to take peace from the earth, and that they should kill one another: and there was given unto him a great sword.

Famine: "And I beheld, and lo a black horse; and he that sat on him had a pair of balances in his hand. And I heard a voice in the midst of the four beasts say, 'A measure of wheat for a penny, and three measures of barley for a penny; and see thou hurt not the oil and the wine.'" (Basically this is interpreted to signify worldwide famine)

Death: "And I looked, and behold a pale horse: and his name that sat on him was Death, and Hell followed with him. And power was given unto them over the fourth part of the earth, to kill with sword, and with hunger, and with death, and with the beasts of the earth."

The horsemen could each have different affects on the players. For instance, Famine could take your points, Death could do.....something else (idk I could use some help with these affects, i'm not too creative :lol: )

Anyway,this isn't my idea, hust one i really liked. I would have just put a link to the thread, but i did a forum search and couldn't find it.

I saw that when it was originally posted and really liked it. The only thing is that I always thought the horses were war, famine, death and pestilence. Whatever though. I don't know which effect could be specific to which but here are my ideas.

Each apocalypse horse canters around, occasionally charging players down. A random one comes each boss round though. They need massive health, otherwise 4 or eight people shooting it at once could just kill it immediately.

One could leave behind a trail of nova haze from which an occasional crawler emerges. CONQUEST

One leaves behind a trail of napalm that lasts for several seconds. WAR

One projects multi images around itself like shadows to distract you and make your aim go awry. DEATH

One can steal your points when it charges you down and hits you, 1000 at a time. FAMINE

Btw the first one would make more sense if it was pestilence.

New idea along the lines of a point stealing enemy!

Story: a massive group of people were going to use a secret u.s. mass teleporter but it shut down as they were using it. They are now stuck halfway between our world and aether.

SHADOWS

these deal no damage but are a real pain in the ass. They glide around you like dark shadowy ghosts, and then randomly dash towards you. They pass right through you, taking a certain amount of points.

They have about the health of wave 10 zombies and their health never increases as the rounds go by. They come from every shadowy place on the map, creeping out while moaning. When they attempt to steal your points they let our a bloodcurdling scream.

When you shoot them enough until they "die" they disperse like a gas. If they steal your money they also disperse. If you kill all of them without losing a penny you get a max ammo and a perk bottle. This will be hard as they come from all around, and cornering yourself will do no good as they can travel through walls.

They will be the easiest in 4 or 8 player mode because you can stand back to back to back to back and take them down a few at a time. This will require teamwork, unlike hellhounds where there is always that one wise guy who goes off alone and cries for you to revive him when he gets cornered. If that happened here he would simply end up flat broke. Who would there be to whore the box then? Tragic.

They themselves don't really have a defined firm so any hit marker on them gives 10 and any kill gives 60 points. I'm not sure whether they will have heads, but maybe for multipliers you can shoot at their core or soul or something, giving you 100. Oh yeah, and the more rounds go by the more points they steal. For example, on the first round that they appear they can take 200 points per attack. The next time maybe 500. You get the point. Obviously more come as rounds go on and more come if you are playing with a larger number of people.

If you suck enough to let them completely rob all players (jk), they laugh maniacally and disperse on their own. It is likely that much swearing and yelling will ensue at this point. Don't worry, you still get a max ammo. Even so, the next few round are probably going to be hard, do this is a sort of make it or break it round.

I lurrvvv this idea, what do you think?

This is yet another great idea, and I believe it could actually fit into the story rather well. Perhaps whenever the americans began testing with teleporters, their human test subjects weren't as lucky as Richtofen was. They never really explained how the Pentagon did develop functioning teleporters (as well as for Area 51). Just food for thought.

And I also remember replying to the post about the 4 horse of the apocalypse, that guy had some really neat ideas. I believe this was the post in question.

http://callofdutyzombies.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=100&t=23503&p=225806#p225806