I was just playing Shangri-La and caught an old quote from Tank while getting hit in the leg by a crawler. He says "When's Treyarch inventing shin armor!" So I got to thinking...in MW3 during survival mode you can buy armor which allows you to take more damage. What if in BO2 there was a similar system, but all armor...for different parts of the body.

Normal zombies hit your upper body so a torso piece would be equipped from the armor box for a certain amount of points. Crawlers hit your legs, so a leg armor could be equipped from the armor box for a certain amount of points. Nova crawlers spew toxic gas. A gas mask would be in the armor box. Helmet's, arm guards, gloves, footwear, goggles, etc.

OR, there could be a mystery armor box that would equip a random part of the body for the standard 950. But let's say it's a dog round and they hit your legs. You hit the box and get a helmet...which obviously wouldn't be protecting your legs.

Well, it's a thought. And I'm sorry if this kind of thread already exists. If it does, feel free to delete this one, or move it to the re-run thread category of the site.

• Replies 19
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I like the PaP idea. Pack a Punched full body armor. That would be so cool. And maybe the PaP'd version of the armor has some special ability. There would be different kinds of armor so depending on which one you have equipped, determines the special ability you obtain when you spend the 5000 points to upgrade your armor.

One PaP'd armor makes you jump higher, and there would be Easter Eggs that would require certain uses from the different armors.

One armor makes you run faster, a different one allows you to carry more items/weapons, etc.

Could you imagine if Treyarch already had this discussion, and BO2 already had some sort of system like this? It would be so cool.

I like the PaP idea. Pack a Punched full body armor. That would be so cool. And maybe the PaP'd version of the armor has some special ability. There would be different kinds of armor so depending on which one you have equipped, determines the special ability you obtain when you spend the 5000 points to upgrade your armor.

One PaP'd armor makes you jump higher, and there would be Easter Eggs that would require certain uses from the different armors.

One armor makes you run faster, a different one allows you to carry more items/weapons, etc.

Could you imagine if Treyarch already had this discussion, and BO2 already had some sort of system like this? It would be so cool.

Now i LOVE that idea, and imagine how badass our players would look in PaP armor 8-)

Forgive me, but Treyarch already has this...it's called Perks.

One armor makes you run faster

Stamin-Up.

a different one allows you to carry more items/weapons, etc.

Mule Kick.

With this, you guys are simply renaming the Perk System to "Armor" that can be obtained from the box.

But the armor could be something like a longer duration of sprint etc, he wasn't being technical just spitting out ideas, no need to bash it as you did.

Let's use our imagination and see how we can make this idea better. So if it's a buzz kill that the armor would replicate the perks, let's leave the perk system alone and give the armor something else.

Chain Mail Armor: This armor revives the player. Unlike the perk "Revive," it allows you to get downed 3 times without losing any perks.

Crystal Armor: Killing a zombie surrounded by other zombies allows you to damage 2/3 of the surrounding zombies. Up to round 9 it kills the surrounding 2/3 zombies. But it costs 15,000 points so you probably wouldn't even be able to afford it by round 9.

Those two are really lame idea's, but if we collaborate maybe we could come up with some really good ideas.

Also, there could be an extremely expensive piece of equipment that allows you to combine the armors and reap the benefits of them all, while still having perks..making you damn near invinsible. These things would cost a lot though so you'd have to be on some really high rounds.

Maybe you can get armor in the beginning of the game, but it would be like some leather bullshit armor. Then as the rounds progress, and you start gettin paid like a president, you can buy all these new armors and attachments and accessories etc.

I think it is a clever idea, but even normal juggernog is way more than expert players need. If you upgrade your health further it becomes too OP. honestly I can't think of a scenario where you could take 8 hits in a row, unless you were cornered. The same applies to normal juggernog, but less so. Essentially, a full body pack a punched body armor set in top of juggernog would ensure that you couldn't possibly go down unless you got cornered. You need to realize that most things hat are good have a downside. Most of the time it is just the price. However, the best weapons deal splash damage and are rere finds. You can burn through 20000 on the box before getting any. What I mean to say is that something this beneficial needs to have a downside. It should be either massively expensive or only in the box. Also from a realistic standpoint it should slow your player down immensely.

I think it is a clever idea, but even normal juggernog is way more than expert players need. If you upgrade your health further it becomes too OP. honestly I can't think of a scenario where you could take 8 hits in a row, unless you were cornered. The same applies to normal juggernog, but less so. Essentially, a full body pack a punched body armor set in top of juggernog would ensure that you couldn't possibly go down unless you got cornered. You need to realize that most things hat are good have a downside. Most of the time it is just the price. However, the best weapons deal splash damage and are rere finds. You can burn through 20000 on the box before getting any. What I mean to say is that something this beneficial needs to have a downside. It should be either massively expensive or only in the box. Also from a realistic standpoint it should slow your player down immensely.

But think of it, everyone is saying this 4v4 is game changing. Armor could be extremely useful in that. In the classic mode obviously it's unnecessary but who know's about these new game modes, right?

Didn't think of it from a 4z4 standpoint. It would be better fitting there. It dePends on what 4z4 actually ends up being. If it is just two teams competing for wonderweapons, points, and what not, it will be the same as normal four player zombies, as it will benefit you just as much then.

P.s. mark lamia said something that suggests that opening doors in 4z4 will make those certain areas inaccessible to the other team.

When I wrote up this thread, I was assuming that we'd be encountering a different kind of CoD zombies rendering the original perk system useless. Now given that we know we can expect the original 4 player co-op zombies in BO2, we still have no idea what to expect when it comes to the 4v4 style of game play. I don't want Treyarch to change ANYTHING in the original 4 player co-op version of zombies. Though, adding a few new things wouldn't hurt. But with the new multiplayer engine, I'm expecting the unexpected. Who knows what we'll encounter. Maybe this armor idea would be useless and redundant. But then again, it may be useful. I guess we'll have to wait and see. I for one am DAMN excited to play it. Especially with now seeing some leaked images...(not the one on the tv set in the living room) but the ones that show what some of the maps will look like. There's one image that looks like a post apocalyptic city of Asian origin. There's one that looks like it's raining...which I've always wanted. So I'm SUPER stoked for this.

When I wrote up this thread, I was assuming that we'd be encountering a different kind of CoD zombies rendering the original perk system useless. Now given that we know we can expect the original 4 player co-op zombies in BO2, we still have no idea what to expect when it comes to the 4v4 style of game play. I don't want Treyarch to change ANYTHING in the original 4 player co-op version of zombies. Though, adding a few new things wouldn't hurt. But with the new multiplayer engine, I'm expecting the unexpected. Who knows what we'll encounter. Maybe this armor idea would be useless and redundant. But then again, it may be useful. I guess we'll have to wait and see. I for one am DAMN excited to play it. Especially with now seeing some leaked images...(not the one on the tv set in the living room) but the ones that show what some of the maps will look like. There's one image that looks like a post apocalyptic city of Asian origin. There's one that looks like it's raining...which I've always wanted. So I'm SUPER stoked for this.

I wish i could give you some brains for that post, excellent outlook.

Thanks man:)

I wish i could give you some brains for that post, excellent outlook.

Am I the only one that finds this to be a bad idea?

First of all MW3 didn't have jug, and zombies also don't shoot back, so that's why they had flak jackets in MW3. Zombies is already fair enough the way it is with the option of getting Juggernog. Anymore health added on to that, and it's just too overpowering IMO.

Plus, I personally rather not look like I'm play Skyrim by the time I've gotten all my armor, either.

Sorry if this sounds too degrading, but I'm just being honest here.