Zombies: Time Setting During Black Ops 2

I don't think anyone else has ever made a topic about this, but I was reading an article that said

'Even though we are escalating into the future, do not fear. Our four heroes will still slay the undead with ye' ol' 70s-80s type weaponry. How does this apply to the actual Black Ops 2 time setting? Well, only time will tell. "Cyborg zombies? Now that's just stupid."'

Now the part that says "Cyborg zombies? Now that's just stupid" was highlighted in blue. Could this be a hint at a Nikolai quote? I don't know. As far as a link I'm sorry I cannot provide. I copied this paragraph about a week ago and when I went back to the website, the Editor in Chief had removed it. A few days later the website was closed for maintenance :?

What do you guys think? Fake or what?

• Replies 16
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It's hard to tell without seeing the actual article. I'm not saying that your not telling the truth, but for all we know you may have copied it wrong or simply misread it or something. But it's possible that your sink water was switched to alcohol that day and you got drunk accidentally, causing you to hallucinate this fake article your talking about.

But I would like to see us back in the WW2 days with zombies again. Though I would like to see where they would take it if it was in the future too. It would be cool if they moved around a lot in this game. Like one map is in the WW2 days, one map is in the 80's, one map is in 2025, etc. It would also be cool to check out hell and Aether as well. It would be cool if the guys got sent to hell and had to kill the devil or something lol...or maybe not. It sounds cool to talk about but it might not make such a great map.

Hmmm, if it is a Nikolai quote he is probably commenting on the fact that there IS a cyborg zombie. I would imagine it being slow and moving jerkily . If you shoot a certain body part enough it shuts down and breaks. Therefore you would have to kill it piece by piece. Maybe it could even shoot at you somehow (laser vision?) this is unlikely but it would not be unlike napalm zombies; they have massive health and power but are slow. A ranged attack would be a bit unfair, but it could throw flames, self-destruct, or set off blinding wonic bursts, like a next gen napalm zombie and shrieker. I kind Of miss bosses having their own waves, as they haven't been seen since ascension. There could be several coming at a time like dogs. They wouldn't be hard at a distance but could come from all directions and deny you a way to run away. I don't know about you, but being surrounded by those Clangy metal motherfuckers would be enough to scare me to death. Maybe an unconventional way to bring fear back to zombies... Anyway that's my take on what cyborg zombies would be like.

They already said zombies is staying in the cold war era -.-

Do you have a source for that? It's not that I don't believe you, I just want to read or hear it for myself. Did they say it in one of the Blops II Trailers?

It would make a lot of sense to have the zombie mode inside the Cold War era, even if it hadn't been confirmed. The campaign has those flashbacks to the 80s so Treyarch could use the same guns again. If they were planning on reusing Richtofen, Nikolai, Dempsey and Takeo, it would make sense to have at least one map set in the 60s-80s. They can't go into the future with those guys unless they used the MDT to time travel into 2025 before they went to the Moon. (I'm assuming they're not going to have Richtofen running around with Samantha's voice. The guy from Uncharted will hopefully be back to do Richtofen's lines.)

I'm also still wondering who the girl in this picture is, and if she'll be a playable character.

I'm also still wondering who the girl in this picture is, and if she'll be a playable character.

I think that it is possible that this isn't depicting the map on black ops 2 but the final flex map. This could then be Samantha, after zombies has ended and she took revenge on richtofen's for killing maxis and fluffy and trapping her in the mpd. That would mean that that is richtofen's head... It's possible but not likely... I hope I'm wrong because I would have to kick Samantha's ass if she touched my richtofen! I restart solo games dozens of times so that I can be ze doctah!

I think that it is possible that this isn't depicting the map on black ops 2 but the final flex map. This could then be Samantha, after zombies has ended and she took revenge on richtofen's for killing maxis and fluffy and trapping her in the mpd. That would mean that that is richtofen's head... It's possible but not likely... I hope I'm wrong because I would have to kick Samantha's ass if she touched my richtofen! I restart solo games dozens of times so that I can be ze doctah!

Fluffy is still MIA, due to Richtofen's quote from one of the Moon radios

"Keep an eye out for an evil looking dog too"

And I highly doubt that's Richtofen's head, why would they kill him off like that right after putting him in the Aether and making him some sort of zombie god? Although, it could be like a comic book cover where they depict events that don't really happen in the comic within at times. That's actually somewhat likely since Treyarch really seems to love mixing zombies with comics.

Rich's the announcer now...

Sam is the 4th why is this so hard to accept?

They wouldn't put a bad ass girl on the zombies poster and not have her be playable. It's Sam.

Also I'm doubting that Zombies is set in the 70s-80s. They've already done that.

The numbers on "Sam's" hat point to 12/21 which is the date of the supposed Mayan end cycle. I't also the date of a solar eclipse, these are all things that point to Zombies taking place in present time.

They wouldn't put a bad ass girl on the zombies poster and not have her be playable. It's Sam.

Samantha Maxis is not the only female in the world. I accepted right from Moon that she was gonna be the 4th player. But that doesn't mean that she is that chick.

Also I'm doubting that Zombies is set in the 70s-80s. They've already done that.

They've touched the 40's, 60's, and present time. So they haven't done it. A portion of the campaign will be flashbacks, with weapons from those times. So it's entirely possible we will have a map or two set within that time frame.

But I do agree that they will most likely be set in 2025. Just don't rule out the possibility of an 80's map.

Sorry if it sounds like I was taking shots at you, as I wasn't. The message just comes across hard.

The numbers on "Sam's" hat point to 12/21 which is the date of the supposed Mayan end cycle. I't also the date of a solar eclipse, these are all things that point to Zombies taking place in present time.

You also have to realize that most zombie players probably actually haven't even done the Moon EE yet so they have little to no experience playing as Sam. Plus, when you do play as Sam, you are still in Richtofen's body.

Unless they say the QED switched their physical forms or something, I don't think Richtofen would've switched bodies with Sam if it was that easy for her to do the same to him right after.

OP, come on, post your source. I looked for it for like 15 minutes and couldn't find it, which makes me assume that you were lying

Sorry that I can't post a source. Like I said the EIC removed the article.

To be honest, this kind of comes across as a "leaked info" kind of thing if they immediately took the page down (if you are telling the truth).

You're forgetting something. Samantha's soul is inside Richtofen's body. That girl cannot be Samantha unless it's some kind of alternate reality bullshit. I highly doubt we will get to see a map (after Moon) with Samantha as a playable character, because she would have Richtofen's body and that will be confusing to people who don't know the Moon easter egg. Richtofen is a great character too so I think he has to be in the game and have a bunch of funny lines. I'm sure the Treyarch guys at CodXP said they made the characters as stereotypical as possible so anyone can pick up the game and play it. It would be strange if they changed that, because people will start wondering why some old Nazi has a little girl's voice. It will be either the old crew, or a whole new one. Or maybe both.

OP, come on, post your source. I looked for it for like 15 minutes and couldn't find it, which makes me assume that you were lying

Activision hates leaked information. It wants to be the one who hypes the game by making trailers and showing them during basketball games and stuff. Lots of leaked information that turns out to be true gets taken down by Activision. Happens every year, I guess.