Zombies world hinted at?

I was recently looking through some interview about Black Ops II Zombies when i noticed Mark Lamia say "The Zombies team have been working really hard on creating a new world" Now this on It's own might not be enough evidence to put together a thoery, however judging by the size of the new map (screen shots) along with people saying it looks maybe a bit to big for just one map, It's possible we could be playing in an open world type place with objective ect... Still just a theory though.

-IIvAnIMaL

P.S here's one of the MANY interviews a Zombies world is mentioned, skip to 3:10

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_Y-yTQtHLJE

• Replies 18
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Keep in mind i never said it was a good idea and also it's just theory, however seeing as they mentioned giving the player lot's of objectives and things to do, It's still on the table.

Lots of objectives plus open world equals campaign? :)

Yes, i don't think It's been officially confirmed, but we all know it's coming!

Game designers actually like to refer to levels as the "game world". They'll often use it because it makes their levels sound more immersive, like they're actually able to take you to another world.

The game world is where it takes place, that's not what they were referring to, otherwise it would mean we would not be following the story of ritchtofen, nikolai, tank and takeo, which we are.

Game designers actually like to refer to levels as the "game world". They'll often use it because it makes their levels sound more immersive, like they're actually able to take you to another world.

The game world is where it takes place, that's not what they were referring to, otherwise it would mean we would not be following the story of ritchtofen, nikolai, tank and takeo, which we are.

no by the Dunbarian's explanation we'd still be following the story of our Heroes. we just would be in new better types of the same level(hence new worlds). New World= the same game type but the levels we play on different I. some way. be it larger, more immersive, the zombies and special enemy types have a different AI.

The whole point of developing a video game is that you want to make it good enough to completely engross players into the world you have created. Zombies has created a whole new world completely different than the one we live in now. The mysteries, the action, the suspense, all meant to keep you in the edge of your seat just waiting to see what comes next in this wonderful world of zombies.

The whole point of developing a video game is that you want to make it good enough to completely engross players into the world you have created. Zombies has created a whole new world completely different than the one we live in now. The mysteries, the action, the suspense, all meant to keep you in the edge of your seat just waiting to see what comes next in this wonderful world of zombies.

Exactly, that's what they meant by "world". I can see how it would be misleading, but they wouldn't destroy the core in that way

If Nazi Zombies became free roam/open world it would loose it's survival aspect that Treyarch tries so hard to bring their player.

Yes that's totally true, however he might be hinting at particular game mode along side the beloved survival mode.

You're overlooking the statement. When he says "world" he's refering to everything that is zombies. An open world/free roam zombies is highly unlikely. ExpertCoah is right it would ruin the survival and no escape feeling they try to deliver.