New Melee weapons in zombies?

the woman on the poster seems to have a sheathed katana on her leg. this got me thinking- what if there was an arsenal of melee weapons to buy in BOII? you would start with a knife, then you could buy either a ballistic knife, machete, katana, bowie knife, or many more! much like choosing guns in multiplayer, you will need to find a melee weapon that suits you with an ideal balance of speed, mobility, range, and power. i would imagine a katana would be a greatly balanced weapon. it is powerful, light, and long, so it would probably be effective past the effectiveness of a sickle or bowie knife. it might take longer to swing though. on the other hand, some types of swords might be able to dispatch multiple zombies per slash! they may even take up a weapon slot, meaning that they could be- dare i say it- PACK-A-MOTHERF*KING-PUNCHED! so feel free to post your ideas and hopes about new melee weapons in BLOPS2 zombies!

• Replies 30
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 2 weeks later...

If you have ever played Moon, you will also hear Dempsey say something to the notion of:

"Let's use Tak's katana, Oh wait, it's just a decoration (sigh)" Many of the people on here believe Tank is regaining his memory and possibly knows a bit more than the others. He is always speaking directly to Treyarch and says things that everyone who plays the game has thought before. (i.e. "Power again?")

I believe Treyarch threw that one liner in there as a possible hint toward melee weapons. We have seen dual wielded machetes and all kinds of other weapons that involve melee through cut-scenes and concept art. I think they have been building the hype of melee weapons to an epic climax on this next game. The knifing system has changed on multiplayer, so why not add some new aspects to zombies? I just hope there are more than one choice.

actually it has changed and it takes two knives to kill someone now on multiplayer. If you pull out your knife it is only one knife kill.

In fact, that is not true. It is still a one knife kill. If you watch some of the gameplay from the livestreams you would see that.

Also, you do not "pull out" your knife. You only pull it our if you do not have a primary/secondary weapon in that slot as the 10 point system allows you to discard your primary and secondary weapon for the point.

Here are some ideas I came up with:

Machete: medium damage, medium swing time, costs 4000.

Katana: high damage, medium swing time, costs 5000.

Extra combat knife: doubles the speed of your melee, same damage as combat knife, costs 1000.

Sledgehammer, huge damage, slow swing time, costs 5000.

Halberd: massive damage, medium slash time, costs 7500.

Trench spike: massive damage, lightning quick stab speed, costs a whopping 10,000.

CHAINSAW: this takes up an actual weapon slot and is on the mystery box. It has 100 ammo, and each second you hold down the trigger it burns about 2-3 ammo. When it reaches zero, you must pull on the cord for about 6 seconds until it starts again. You hold it like you would hold a death machine with the blade facing outward. For every second the teeth are touching zombies they receive 500 damage. As it takes up a weapon slot you can pack a punch it. It's name becomes the CATACLYSM SAW. It is the same except with 150 ammo and double the power. It looks futuristic and metallic, rather than rusty and crudely painted like its unupgraded counterpart. It makes a continuous laser sound while chewing up deadheads once upgraded.

What do you think?

-V

Forgot to mention bludgeoning weapons! How about:

Baseball bat: medium damage, medium swing time, costs 3000.

Spiked bat: high damage, medium swing time, 4000.

Crowbar: high damage, quick swing time, 5000.

Brass knuckles: medium damage, lightning quick melee time, costs 5000.

Shovel: medium damage, slow swing time, costs 2500.

Blunt axe: high damage, slow swing time, costs 4000.

-V

Here are some ideas I came up with:

Machete: medium damage, medium swing time, costs 4000.

Katana: high damage, medium swing time, costs 5000.

Extra combat knife: doubles the speed of your melee, same damage as combat knife, costs 1000.

Sledgehammer, huge damage, slow swing time, costs 5000.

Halberd: massive damage, medium slash time, costs 7500.

Trench spike: massive damage, lightning quick stab speed, costs a whopping 10,000.

CHAINSAW: this takes up an actual weapon slot and is on the mystery box. It has 100 ammo, and each second you hold down the trigger it burns about 2-3 ammo. When it reaches zero, you must pull on the cord for about 6 seconds until it starts again. You hold it like you would hold a death machine with the blade facing outward. For every second the teeth are touching zombies they receive 500 damage. As it takes up a weapon slot you can pack a punch it. It's name becomes the CATACLYSM SAW. It is the same except with 150 ammo and double the power. It looks futuristic and metallic, rather than rusty and crudely painted like its unupgraded counterpart. It makes a continuous laser sound while chewing up deadheads once upgraded.

What do you think?

-V

Yes but the chainsaw cant have infinite ammo,and it can be overpowered sure but you must only be able to get ammo/gas through a max ammo, and I say it has like a detachable gas tank and you have like 2 spares and then 4 spares when PaP

So I stand corrected, for now. Moving forward with this thread, however, I think there may be a bit too many options. I like all the ideas, I just think we should narrow them down a bit. Maybe focus solely on melee weapons we have seen already, rather than just any weapon. Even I said "chainsaws" and I know this is a new Melee weapon thread, but looking at the list above leaves it looking more like dead island than CoDz.

No no no! You misunderstand! I'm just throwing out ideas! I definitely don't want all of these! There would be more wall melee weapons than normal weapons! I'm just putting out a variety of options do all of you can decide which have a good balance of price, power, range, and speed. I personally believe that there should only be 2 or 3 max to choose from. I posted a wonderweapon idea on another thread about a melee wonderweapon called the whip of lost souls, but that was more for the hilarity of the idea. Melee weapons can't take over a shooter, let alone THE BEST SHOOTER.

-V

What about some kind of 'Wunder-Knife'? Something only attainable from the mystery box that is more powerful than the Bowie Knife, perhaps being a one-hit killto Wave 20 odd? To balance it out, could be only available to one person and habe quite a long swing time, but it could also be capable of killing several Zombies with one slash? Just a thought :)

*coughlightsabercough*

Anyways... :roll: I think the idea of being able to get a chainsaw out of the box is a pretty nice idea. Just a chainsaw though. Other than that (and of course the Bowie Knife and Ballistic Knife) I think we should just stick to guns. A chainsaw would be an interesting twist. I really wanna see less wonder weapons that are capable of taking out an entire train with one shot. A chainsaw would be high powered regardless of round, but wouldn't be able to take out entire trains with ease. And of course, would have a limited gas supply, refilled only by Max Ammos.

Well, I think the melee weapons should corresponding with the map being played. For example, CoTD. If it had an ice pick . . . . oh my. So Moon would maybe have . . . I have no idea. But considering we don't know the maps yet in BO II, not sure. Also, the katana on the woman might (I stress MIGHT) be just for show, like in CoTD . . .

Moon could have a lightsaber or something? Lol :P but nah I see what you mean, like melee weapons that correspond to the map being played. That could work.

We already saw this with the 2 Russian maps (ascension and call of the dead) having a sickle. Perhaps an American map could have a civilian machete? Or an Italian map could have a wicked cooking utensil (Lolz), or a futuristic map could have a futuristic blade ( I dont mean a light saber but maybe a Bowie knife that looks like the 2025 tomahawk in the trailer). you know what I mean?

• 1 month later...