10 things that annoy me when playing with new players

Honestly, I just thought I'd share my thoughts on this since I disagree. I mean no offense, but I think way2g00 is being a bit harsh. (And yes, I know the thread's a bit old.)

1. When he/she kills my zombies that I am trying to make points of. I don't care if its an untouched zombie but if it's something that I used my pistol ammo to get hit marker points and then I want to melee them for a perfect 250point kill they just steal it.

I agree with this, but only on early Rounds.

2. When he/she gets a drop without announcing. But this is a very common case.

Max ammo: You can save a clip. True.

2x: If end of the round, I would save it and use it next round whenever possible. True.

instant-kill: same as x True.

Nuke: wait till end of round I disagree. At the early Rounds, okay, if you can. But late Rounds, just get it whenever there's a full spawn to get 24 free kills.

Fire sale: wait until you inform da player and he is at a good box position True.

Carpenter: Make sure to avoid those for quicker spawn I disagree. If you're in the really high Rounds and your strategy depends on this, I could understand. But if you are on any Round below 20, I think that it's just petty. Other players might need that extra time since they aren't as skilled.

3. When I go for the box, I don't like being followed or when someone boxes right after I do. I always ask them to either go first or wait until I am finished using box. This really pisses me off. Because I give up my good guns trying to get a gun that I need to so we don't have to wait until the gun is back in the box. I normally pick up what it gives me. But when other players use the box they waste so much time and to wait until they get weapon of their choice. I understand sometimes if you don't have enough time its inevitable to wait until you get a right gun. This is something more particular to you than everyone, but I can see your point.

4. Some people just don't get the color priorities. No matter how much I explain them they don't care. For example I tell them to please hold the crawler away from me because I am white labelled player and would have priority of being attracted by zombies than any other colored player. It's simple, white, blue, yellow and green with Green player getting least attraction that he/she is pretty vulnerable to zombies thus can take up difficult positions which white or blue player cannot. "Color priorities" are nothing but wishful thinking.

5. When I tell them something from experience they just think I am commanding them, and they start telling me stories about how far they made it to and what their high rounds are, and that they are better player than I am. This just makes me wanna troll them.

Also when I ask white labelled player to train they often ignore it. They are too worried about shooting zombies and making points instead of training them. Some green player get offended when I have white /blue players training and they simply tell the color priority is nothing but bs. I let them do what they want to and once they get double back by zombies, they get it. I would be offended too. The decision of who runs circles, if such a decision needs to be made, should be determined by skill level of the players, not some false predetermined notion of superiority of certain players by color.

6. Reviving: Okay its simple, when you come to revive me try not kill any zombies. I know you want to take revenge but your priority is to get the other player up before. Even after reviving they have no sense of holding the zombies until the other player waits to get his/her perks and get set up. True.

7. Leaving crawlers at end of round: I only ask for crawlers when its end of round. Call me whatever but you don't need a crawler to hit the box at end of each round or to unlock pap room in ascension. If you are half decent at this game and don't care about hogging box for good guns right away when game starts this should be piece of cake. Be a team player. I don't see what the big deal is. The PAP can only be unlocked once. Players can only go to the box by as much points as they have.

8. Rage Quit: No.1 on my list is this. People often leave the game when they go down in middle of challenges. Yes, this happens to most good people and they rage quit, I ask their friends why they did that, and they simply tell me it's "Game over for him", they went down. Really? What about rest? What about the 4player challenge? Some People are so clever to unplug their modem or source of internet to trick their friends into thinking that there is a connection interruption or they got kicked out. I hate it when people do that.

9. Lag: I understand every time you host you have good connection than other players in lobby. But people fail to realize that even the host himself CAN lag IF other players in the lobby have shitty/unstable internet. Yes even on 4 bars. Another misconception that most people have is 4 bar connection is flawless, NO. A 4 bar can lag you to death if it is unstable meaning switching from 3-4. Even a solid 3 bar can give you insane lag sometimes. This happens mostly when non-host players have too much load on their connection or if they are using a wireless. It's not always host's fault. It's not really ANYONE's fault. It may not be fun for you to play with laggy people, but what are they supposed to do? If they could fix it, they would've. But they don't have the resources or knowledge. You shouldn't hate them for that.

10. Console/ Frame lag vs Internet Lag: Most people that don't play co-op with more than 2 players just don't believe that there is any such thing as frame lag. Last time I told someone that it is hard to get past 30+ because of frame lag they laughed at me and said no, there is no such thing. They told me it's the internet lag and they have never seen anything like this before. Okay so console lag is something that you face when there is too much going on in the game, let's say someone is shooting raygun, thundergun, someone throwing grenades, someone throwing gersches, using traps, 100's of stacked claymores....etc this can pretty much give us frame lag/console lag and also terminate the game with "g-spawn error". Most times when there is frame/console lag you go down before you know you were hit, just like internet lag. So is your problem people not understanding that? I've never had such a discussion personally.

Bonus: When I ask people what they want to play, they always say anything really. And some people say regular game or a high round game. No, please tell me a target round so at least if you want to do a "for laugh game", I know I am not wasting my time here. Most people don't realise that other player are only there to spend limited time with them and to see if they socialize/click with them. They are not going to do an all-nighter if they don't want to. It's always good to know or plan something ahead before you start a game. If you want to a high round game inform ahead what round you like to reach so they can reserve time. True.

More Bonuses (Last one): Sometimes When I play zombies, I am too tired from work and daily crap so I just wanna kick it and not use mic, if I don't pay attention to your personal stories, may be its time to stop talking. You don't need to ask me who I would choose between Scarlett Johanssen or Jessica Alba to date unless you are Jay. I'd say Both. Just tell them no. I've stood up to many a player who wanted to talk about something that I would have no part of.

Note: Please note that I did not mean to point fingers at anyone by making this thread. I thought this would bring some proper zombie slaying etiquette but keep in mind that these are just my opinions.

One thing I hate though is when players try to do glitches. I refuse to partake in it, and they get all mad. Sometimes they go as far as saying I've ruined the game for them by not doing it. It always ends the same: they die and I live on until one of them ends the game.

Happy Slaying.

• Replies 36
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Honestly, I just thought I'd share my thoughts on this since I disagree. I mean no offense, but I think way2g00 is being a bit harsh. (And yes, I know the thread's a bit old.)

1. When he/she kills my zombies that I am trying to make points of. I don't care if its an untouched zombie but if it's something that I used my pistol ammo to get hit marker points and then I want to melee them for a perfect 250point kill they just steal it.

I agree with this, but only on early Rounds.

2. When he/she gets a drop without announcing. But this is a very common case.

Max ammo: You can save a clip. True.

2x: If end of the round, I would save it and use it next round whenever possible. True.

instant-kill: same as x True.

Nuke: wait till end of round I disagree. At the early Rounds, okay, if you can. But late Rounds, just get it whenever there's a full spawn to get 24 free kills.

Fire sale: wait until you inform da player and he is at a good box position True.

Carpenter: Make sure to avoid those for quicker spawn I disagree. If you're in the really high Rounds and your strategy depends on this, I could understand. But if you are on any Round below 20, I think that it's just petty. Other players might need that extra time since they aren't as skilled.

3. When I go for the box, I don't like being followed or when someone boxes right after I do. I always ask them to either go first or wait until I am finished using box. This really pisses me off. Because I give up my good guns trying to get a gun that I need to so we don't have to wait until the gun is back in the box. I normally pick up what it gives me. But when other players use the box they waste so much time and to wait until they get weapon of their choice. I understand sometimes if you don't have enough time its inevitable to wait until you get a right gun. This is something more particular to you than everyone, but I can see your point.

4. Some people just don't get the color priorities. No matter how much I explain them they don't care. For example I tell them to please hold the crawler away from me because I am white labelled player and would have priority of being attracted by zombies than any other colored player. It's simple, white, blue, yellow and green with Green player getting least attraction that he/she is pretty vulnerable to zombies thus can take up difficult positions which white or blue player cannot. "Color priorities" are nothing but wishful thinking.

5. When I tell them something from experience they just think I am commanding them, and they start telling me stories about how far they made it to and what their high rounds are, and that they are better player than I am. This just makes me wanna troll them.

Also when I ask white labelled player to train they often ignore it. They are too worried about shooting zombies and making points instead of training them. Some green player get offended when I have white /blue players training and they simply tell the color priority is nothing but bs. I let them do what they want to and once they get double back by zombies, they get it. I would be offended too. The decision of who runs circles, if such a decision needs to be made, should be determined by skill level of the players, not some false predetermined notion of superiority of certain players by color.

6. Reviving: Okay its simple, when you come to revive me try not kill any zombies. I know you want to take revenge but your priority is to get the other player up before. Even after reviving they have no sense of holding the zombies until the other player waits to get his/her perks and get set up. True.

7. Leaving crawlers at end of round: I only ask for crawlers when its end of round. Call me whatever but you don't need a crawler to hit the box at end of each round or to unlock pap room in ascension. If you are half decent at this game and don't care about hogging box for good guns right away when game starts this should be piece of cake. Be a team player. I don't see what the big deal is. The PAP can only be unlocked once. Players can only go to the box by as much points as they have.

8. Rage Quit: No.1 on my list is this. People often leave the game when they go down in middle of challenges. Yes, this happens to most good people and they rage quit, I ask their friends why they did that, and they simply tell me it's "Game over for him", they went down. Really? What about rest? What about the 4player challenge? Some People are so clever to unplug their modem or source of internet to trick their friends into thinking that there is a connection interruption or they got kicked out. I hate it when people do that.

9. Lag: I understand every time you host you have good connection than other players in lobby. But people fail to realize that even the host himself CAN lag IF other players in the lobby have shitty/unstable internet. Yes even on 4 bars. Another misconception that most people have is 4 bar connection is flawless, NO. A 4 bar can lag you to death if it is unstable meaning switching from 3-4. Even a solid 3 bar can give you insane lag sometimes. This happens mostly when non-host players have too much load on their connection or if they are using a wireless. It's not always host's fault. It's not really ANYONE's fault. It may not be fun for you to play with laggy people, but what are they supposed to do? If they could fix it, they would've. But they don't have the resources or knowledge. You shouldn't hate them for that.

10. Console/ Frame lag vs Internet Lag: Most people that don't play co-op with more than 2 players just don't believe that there is any such thing as frame lag. Last time I told someone that it is hard to get past 30+ because of frame lag they laughed at me and said no, there is no such thing. They told me it's the internet lag and they have never seen anything like this before. Okay so console lag is something that you face when there is too much going on in the game, let's say someone is shooting raygun, thundergun, someone throwing grenades, someone throwing gersches, using traps, 100's of stacked claymores....etc this can pretty much give us frame lag/console lag and also terminate the game with "g-spawn error". Most times when there is frame/console lag you go down before you know you were hit, just like internet lag. So is your problem people not understanding that? I've never had such a discussion personally.

Bonus: When I ask people what they want to play, they always say anything really. And some people say regular game or a high round game. No, please tell me a target round so at least if you want to do a "for laugh game", I know I am not wasting my time here. Most people don't realise that other player are only there to spend limited time with them and to see if they socialize/click with them. They are not going to do an all-nighter if they don't want to. It's always good to know or plan something ahead before you start a game. If you want to a high round game inform ahead what round you like to reach so they can reserve time. True.

More Bonuses (Last one): Sometimes When I play zombies, I am too tired from work and daily crap so I just wanna kick it and not use mic, if I don't pay attention to your personal stories, may be its time to stop talking. You don't need to ask me who I would choose between Scarlett Johanssen or Jessica Alba to date unless you are Jay. I'd say Both. Just tell them no. I've stood up to many a player who wanted to talk about something that I would have no part of.

Note: Please note that I did not mean to point fingers at anyone by making this thread. I thought this would bring some proper zombie slaying etiquette but keep in mind that these are just my opinions.

One thing I hate though is when players try to do glitches. I refuse to partake in it, and they get all mad. Sometimes they go as far as saying I've ruined the game for them by not doing it. It always ends the same: they die and I live on until one of them ends the game.

Happy Slaying.

Cool story bro, but this thread is about things we dislike about random games. not bag on way2g00's opinions. take it somewhere else please.

• 1 month later...

It's fun to see the Box cultists in their little three-person prayer circles around it, each one vying for it's blessing.

That was gold right there. lol

viewtopic.php?f=83&t=24491

i made this thread sarcastically in honor of master Tankeo. you should check it out. i allude to him multiple times. for some reason it has been locked with no explanation (the modz said they would be "looking into it.") but you should check it out nonetheless.

900th post!

It's fun to see the Box cultists in their little three-person prayer circles around it, each one vying for it's blessing.

That was gold right there. lol

http://www.callofdutyzombies.com/forum/ ... 83&t=24491

i made this thread sarcastically in honor of master Tankeo. you should check it out. i allude to him multiple times. for some reason it has been locked with no explanation (the modz said they would be "looking into it.") but you should check it out nonetheless.

900th post!

That thread was pretty funny I'm not sure why they would lock it but their actions wreak of conspiracy. Maybe in retaliation for losing their comrades to an awful Lawton fire from above? I fear the worst my brother! Your very life could be in danger! Might I suggest pitching camp next to a wall gun and hoarding max ammos until they run out of bullets? I will send a fire sale asap as according to your research they will not be able to resist in which affording you time to escape!

Way2go pretty much summed it up.

Oh and don't open the damn mudpit door. I'll open it myself after I carry your ass through to round 40. kthx

I agree that mud door always need to be closed if we are going to camp on bridge. It's pretty much suicidal to open that door and let monkeys steal our drops.