Multiplayer Reveal Analysis Thread

If you look at my posts a page back, I say nearly the exact same thing.

Everything count as one point.

Look at my post with all the Creat a class screen caps. They all have 10 things in total, whether it be weapon, perk, attachment, equipment, etc.

• Replies 146
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Gstroy, could you please start editing your posts instead of double posting and cut back a little on the quotes? Your posts are unnecessarily huge.

KrazyCookies, you sound like a totally different person than usual. If no game could ever take anything from another, we would be left with crap in the end. When people say, "Oh CoD takes this and this and this and this from here!", I really don't understand why they care. It just gives you more content, what is wrong with that? It's not like they say, "Mwahaha! Now they will unknowingly have fun on a game mode that we stole!".

Really, how can you complain when nobody knows anything about the game?

Maybe I don't post my opinion enough here on CoDz or I was a little harsh on what I believed could potentially be a problem with the game in the future. The last 3 installments have left me disappointed by the stuff they've added making the game IMHO worse.

While everyone is looking for new features and what they thought was cool I was looking at what could potentially bring up problems with the game in the months after the game's release. Because let's be honest here, 2 or so months after the release people will start complaining about this and that. Now I know I was wrong about some things I pointed out but I don't want BO2 to fail like the last few CoD titles released. I think that we need to stop looking at what's cool or what's new and start looking for what could potentially become a issue. Will the cool things or new features need to be addressed or needed patched? No because they aren't the issue, the issues need to be looked at and questioned so we don't end up with more problems in the future. I'm only do this cause I don't want CoD to fall... It has great potential but the issues surrounding it hinder it. So maybe we can start looking at what could be potential problems to help make the game better.

Gstroy, could you please start editing your posts instead of double posting and cut back a little on the quotes? Your posts are unnecessarily huge.

KrazyCookies, you sound like a totally different person than usual. If no game could ever take anything from another, we would be left with crap in the end. When people say, "Oh CoD takes this and this and this and this from here!", I really don't understand why they care. It just gives you more content, what is wrong with that? It's not like they say, "Mwahaha! Now they will unknowingly have fun on a game mode that we stole!".

Really, how can you complain when nobody knows anything about the game?

Maybe I don't post my opinion enough here on CoDz or I was a little harsh on what I believed could potentially be a problem with the game in the future. The last 3 installments have left me disappointed by the stuff they've added making the game IMHO worse.

While everyone is looking for new features and what they thought was cool I was looking at what could potentially bring up problems with the game in the months after the game's release. Because let's be honest here, 2 or so months after the release people will start complaining about this and that. Now I know I was wrong about some things I pointed out but I don't want BO2 to fail like the last few CoD titles released. I think that we need to stop looking at what's cool or what's new and start looking for what could potentially become a issue. Will the cool things or new features need to be addressed or needed patched? No because they aren't the issue, the issues need to be looked at and questioned so we don't end up with more problems in the future. I'm only do this cause I don't want CoD to fall... It has great potential but the issues surrounding it hinder it. So maybe we can start looking at what could be potential problems to help make the game better.

You have a very weird definition of failure the last 3 COD titles released have respectively broken all sales records for the years they were released and been the #1 selling games since COD4. Your beloved BF3 would kill for that kind of "failure".

This thread is NOT about anyone's disappointments, Call of Duty "stealing" ideas, or anything like that. This thread is made SPECIFICALLY to analyze this trailer. Not to hate on it. Not to compare it to Battlefield, Halo, or whatever else. This thread is here for us to see what we will use in MP in a few months, not for anything else.

I know I'm not a moderator, or an admin, or anything above the normal CoDz member, but I think I speak for everyone when I say I DO NOT want to see walls of text that don't relate to this trailer.

Let's get back on topic.

This thread is NOT about anyone's disappointments, Call of Duty "stealing" ideas, or anything like that. This thread is made SPECIFICALLY to analyze this trailer. Not to hate on it. Not to compare it to Battlefield, Halo, or whatever else. This thread is here for us to see what we will use in MP in a few months, not for anything else.

I know I'm not a moderator, or an admin, or anything above the normal CoDz member, but I think I speak for everyone when I say I DO NOT want to see walls of text that don't relate to this trailer.

Let's get back on topic.

Let's take a look at the definition of "Analyze".

-Examine methodically and in detail the constitution or structure of (something, esp. information), typically for purposes of explanation...

-Discover or reveal (something) through such examination.

Judging by that definition I clearly analyzed the trailer by examining to what I believed to be potential problems in the game. So there was nothing wrong with my post to begin with, and others seemed to want to criticize what I was simply pointing out leading to now.

You have a very weird definition of failure the last 3 COD titles released have respectively broken all sales records for the years they were released and been the #1 selling games since COD4. Your beloved BF3 would kill for that kind of "failure".

All I have to say is quality over quantity. Just because CoD sales more doesn't make it better, that's like saying Justin Bieber is the best artist because he has a ton of sales. Sales just mean the item/game is widely known. And my "failure" was directed towards the balance in the multiplayer. And just to let you know even though CoD is still the best seller doesn't make it the most popular... Based off the Metacritic user scores (Xbox) for MW2,BO,and MW3 compared to WaW and 4, you can see a drastic change in peoples opinions about the game.

MW2-6.0

BO-5.9

MW3-3.2

--------------

WaW-7.3

MW1-8.4

Maybe I'm seeing something but clearly it looks like the public really isn't enjoying these latest CoD releases...

But like I said above my post is only to try to confront the potential problems so we can have a better game. But it seems like everyone wants to avoid that and just look at the new and cool features. That won't help the game improve... But if you guys want to have another MW3 repeat go ahead ignore what I'm saying. But I'll be laughing when 1 or 2 months after the release of this people will be complaining about things that could have potentially been questioned before launch.

This will be my last post about this whole situation or analysis.

Also just to let you guys know, either the shock throwing knifes hurt you, it only took 2 shoots to kill those guys... sounds real fun if you die that easily... and IF those shock sticks end up doing damage I take back what I said because that could become a real problem with people spamming them and being able to take some health away.

Let's get back on topic.

Let's take a look at the definition of "Analyze".

-Examine methodically and in detail the constitution or structure of (something, esp. information), typically for purposes of explanation...

-Discover or reveal (something) through such examination.

Judging by that definition I clearly analyzed the trailer by examining to what I believed to be potential problems in the game. So there was nothing wrong with my post to begin with, and others seemed to want to criticize what I was simply pointing out leading to now.

All I have to say is quality over quantity. Just because CoD sales more doesn't make it better, that's like saying Justin Bieber is the best artist because he has a ton of sales. Sales just mean the item/game is widely known. And my "failure" was directed towards the balance in the multiplayer. And just to let you know even though CoD is still the best seller doesn't make it the most popular... Based off the Metacritic user scores (Xbox) for MW2,BO,and MW3 compared to WaW and 4, you can see a drastic change in peoples opinions about the game.

MW2-6.0

BO-5.9

MW3-3.2

--------------

WaW-7.3

MW1-8.4

Maybe I'm seeing something but clearly it looks like the public really isn't enjoying these latest CoD releases...

But like I said above my post is only to try to confront the potential problems so we can have a better game. But it seems like everyone wants to avoid that and just look at the new and cool features. That won't help the game improve... But if you guys want to have another MW3 repeat go ahead ignore what I'm saying. But I'll be laughing when 1 or 2 months after the release of this people will be complaining about things that could have potentially been questioned before launch.

This will be my last post about this whole situation or analysis.

Also just to let you guys know, either the shock throwing knifes hurt you, it only took 2 shoots to kill those guys... sounds real fun if you die that easily... and IF those shock sticks end up doing damage I take back what I said because that could become a real problem with people spamming them and being able to take some health away.

You do realize that Metacritic is the place where everyone goes to hate on things, right? All the Call of Duty titles have received 4-5/5 or 9-10/10 from most, if not all, of the major publications.

If it's not Fanboy Vs. Fanboy, it's people chucking scores of past games around and doing the typical COD cycle.

Anticipate new release

Enjoy new release

Complain about new release after 1 month

Claim previous title was superior after 2-3 months

Anticipate new release

Enjoy new release

This is the third time I've rewritten this, because I'm feeling very hostile (quitting smoking) and feel that my reply to some of these (imo) idiotic, moronic statements on this thread may be considered 'rude'. So, as Fu453 asked, back on topic?

They are really trying to push this game forward, and have clearly put quite a bit of effort into the new game. I'm glad that the tomahawk has returned, I used to love running around with the ballistic knife and tomahawk setup.

Noticed that he pulled the knife out before using it, not sure if this is a good thing or not. If the guns kill as quickly as they seem to I reckon it's a good thing. Because I hate shooting someone 3 or 4 times just for them to run up to you and panic knife.

Still can't tell how the kill streaks work, I hope it's similar to MW3 in the way you can continue to obtain kill streaks again without having to die to reset it.

As I said in a previous post, the three boxes underneath look like different views of the players character, perhaps some customisation options? Or the ability to add things on?

Can't think of anything else at the moment, but I'm definitely looking forward to this game!

Meh, not really impressed at all with this. Looks like another COD, where killstreaks take precedent over gun on gun action. Looks like recoil has been toned down even farther, again lowering the skill level needed to do well in the game.

Adding in things like x-ray scopes, just means we will have another ghost/assassin dominated game when they should have went back to SP/Jugg formula.

All these extra things just means I will have fill my classes with counters to maintain a gun on gun formula. I really hoped they were going to go away from instant kill knife waving and to something more like BF3 but oh well.

Of course I can't say much until I play the game, but it appears to be just another in a long line of games where I play it to around 40K kills, get a nice 2.5 k/d or so, and then stop playing completely for zombies.

Oh well :|

You do realize that Metacritic is the place where everyone goes to hate on things, right? All the Call of Duty titles have received 4-5/5 or 9-10/10 from most, if not all, of the major publications.

This^^^ Metacritic is a Joke. It's literally crippled by the All or Nothing mentality of the fanboy. Either a game is the best game ever created or it completely blows goat. There is no in between anymore for User Scores on any website.

But hey if those inflated numbers help you sleep at night knowing your souless COD ripoff/sellout is the "people's choice" have fun. I'll be killing zombies in November, not convincing myself that the new MOH is the best game ever because it has Frostbite 2.

...its a killstreak under dogs so around 8-11 kills?

Depending on the MP capabilities of the streak, it can very well be any of those. Who knows.

Maybe dogs are a 15 killstreak this time. Double the dogs, double the health. 8-)

I hope so, I find everytime i get dogs on a big map there useless!

I think we will also see Ospreys and jets as controllable killstreaks, seen in the reveal trailer:

As for the CLAW i think that won't be a killstreak and will be already placed on certain maps, like in WaW. I'm assuming its pretty big so i can't see it being a successful killstreak on a small map like Summit or shipment.

I think we will also see Ospreys and jets as controllable killstreaks, seen in the reveal trailer:

As for the CLAW i think that won't be a killstreak and will be already placed on certain maps, like in WaW. I'm assuming its pretty big so i can't see it being a successful killstreak on a small map like Summit or shipment.

I think the jet will be the new gunship. And I have a feeling that the CLAW won't be on smaller maps, just like the tanks in WaW.