Multiplayer Reveal Analysis Thread

Does anyone have any idea what a lighting strike is ;)

I have an idea. I'm thinking the lightning strike is the same thing we see at the end of the trailer. The jet kamikazes right into an enemy player. I can tell it isnt remote controlled because how it descended to the ground. It wasn't smooth, but it was blocky and therefore looked like AI controlled. But that's not all to prove that point.

Look at how many there are up there! You cant control all of those in such a small time. I feel like this killstreak will be a very high one, maybe an equivalent to dogs seeing as to how many are there in the sky.

So basically these jets will patrol the map for an amount of time. In that time, it will seek out enemy players and kamikaze into them. I feel like there will be an unlimited amount of jets, but a small time to kill with them; again, just like dogs.

• Replies 146
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Does anyone have any idea what a lighting strike is ;)

I have an idea. I'm thinking the lightning strike is the same thing we see at the end of the trailer. The jet kamikazes right into an enemy player. I can tell it isnt remote controlled because how it descended to the ground. It wasn't smooth, but it was blocky and therefore looked like AI controlled. But that's not all to prove that point.

Look at how many there are up there! You cant control all of those in such a small time. I feel like this killstreak will be a very high one, maybe an equivalent to dogs seeing as to how many are there in the sky.

So basically these jets will patrol the map for an amount of time. In that time, it will seek out enemy players and kamikaze into them. I feel like there will be an unlimited amount of jets, but a small time to kill with them; again, just like dogs.

I agree, I think that this will be called lightning strike because... well, it's pretty self-explanatory. I think this will work like a helicopter, just harder to shoot down. So when someone is out in the open for a certain amount of time it will strike and explode, and Flak Jacket will probably prevent them from killing you (If your sprinting) but will majorly injure you.

Just a few ideas I came up with while sitting here.

Shock charges! And what's that heatwave thing?

It's not a heatwave, it omits a sound-wave that disorients. They actually have them in use for riots and military.

Ahh yes, you are correct sir. I'm really glad they decided to use the Active Denial System:

"The Active Denial System (ADS) is a non-lethal, directed-energy weapon developed by the U.S. military, designed for area denial, perimeter security and crowd control. Informally, the weapon is also called the heat ray since it works by heating the surface of targets, such as the skin of targeted human subjects. Raytheon is currently marketing a reduced-range version of this technology.

On August 20, 2010 the Los Angeles Sheriff's Department announced its intent to use this technology on prisoners in the Pitchess Detention Center in Los Angeles, stating its intent to use it in "operational evaluation" in situations such as breaking up prisoner fights. The ADS is currently only a vehicle-mounted weapon, though U.S. Marines and police are both working on portable versions.

The ADS works by firing a high-powered beam of 95 GHz extremely high frequency waves at a target, which corresponds to a wavelength of 3.2 mm. The ADS millimeter wave energy works on a similar principle as a microwave oven."

I like the last paragraph in particular. It's basically a very slow cooking microwave :lol:

It makes you feel like your whole body is on fire, but it's only burning through 1/64th of your skin at the most while it's triggered. I could imagine it'd be lethal for extended periods in front of it though.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Active_Denial_System

http://www.dailytech.com/US+Military+De ... e24208.htm

That triple was with a golden shotgun, not a sniper. :lol:

No that was definitely a sniper :lol:

Yeah that's definitely a sniper he pulls back the bolt and when you look at the left where they show the gun and the people that die it shows a sniper that means that it is a sniper it's just we can take off the scope. I love that and missed it from WaW.

Also, when the guy dolphin dived, which I can't believe is back because it's amazing, the guy had a face paint meaning its back. Customization is going all out on Call of Duty Black Ops II. CAN'T WAIT!!!

You beat me to it on the microwave cannon, good find.

I am super excited for black ops now. I think some people might come forward saying that some of the tech looks OP, but I think that would hardly be an issue considering the amount of technology that would also go into the game to counter different perks and weapons systems.

Naturally, I am skeptical on the new Create-a-class system, but I have faith that if anyone can find a way of making it work, Treyarch can.

This game looks stupid... no I'm not trolling and are giving you the truth...

Now before you go on and start hating on me for saying this at least give what I said some thought and if you can start a civilized argument.

1st. Electrical throwing knifes

Throwing Knifes were something that took skill, if you didn't hit you're sorry out of luck and we're most likely killed. But now with these people are now going to be spamming these (Even with the most likely maximum of 2)around, and what do get in return... stunned/or flash banged and an easy kill for the enemy, requiring less skill to use for throwing knifes. (Yes I know later on the tomahawk is shown, but chances are most people will use these more).

2nd. Wall-Vision Scope

The only game in which wall-vision works well and is balanced is BLR... BO2 shouldn't have this scope at all! With an advantage like this given in CoD EVERYONE will use it and with that a counter will have to be made, so what we're looking at is having to put on a perk or use something just to cancel this stupid scope out. Brilliant idea Treyarch! Balance>Cool ideas.

3rd. Solar Panel Killstreak

Never once in CoD have we had a killstreak that hinders our movement and stuns us... Except for now! This is a bad idea, why you ask? Because what's the purpose for having special grenades when we have this killstreak that does the same thing!? I can already see this being a nuisance in objective based modes where people will set them up all over.

4th. Quadrotor

The next RC-XD... Although from what I can see I'm guessing it will be a 5 killstreak, the thing will be annoying when literally a whole team spams them just like the RC-XD was in BO1. I can only hope it's as easy to kill them in the retail version like the trailer.

5th. Scope with Valkyrie Rocket Outlines

@1:15 You can see yet ANOTHER scope with seeing through walls ability... like the 1st one wasn't enough Treyarch had to add a 2nd! -.- (See what I think above in 2nd. Wall-Vision Scope)

6th. Mini-Walker Killstreak

Looks like we're getting a smaller walker just for multiplayer. Most likely it will be a higher killstreak but even then that thing will ruin Domination/Ground War games where you'll be spawn camped by these things. Also not to mention this is a straight up copy from the Hardsuit in BLR.

7th. Shotguns

Remember a time when shotguns weren't a nuisance? When everyone didn't swarm to use them... those days are long gone. Once again returning to CoD is the OP shotgun you can see from the shotgun shoots pretty fast so I can see people spamming that.

8th. Drone Swarm

And you thought dogs were annoying enough... now we have this... a ridiculous replacement to dogs (most likely) and judging by their speed when flying in you won't be able to shoot them down like you were able to with dogs... What a balanced killstrak Treyarch!

9th. Multi-Team Deathmatch/Stealing Ideas

If it wasn't enough that CoD had to steal more ideas, after taking Gun Game, Kill Confirmed (Crysis idea), and now Squad Deathmatch...

Squad Deathmatch: "Squad Deathmatch is a gametype featured in Battlefield: Bad Company 2, Battlefield: Bad Company 2: Vietnam and Battlefield 3. It is extremely similar to the Team Deathmatch gametype in Battlefield 1942 except that it pits four squads against one another whos goal is to reach a score of 50 kills before any other squad." Man doesn't that sound or look similar to what was shown in the video!? I think so... since CoD is pretty good at taking ideas from other games and putting it in their game.

Before BC2 there wasn't any other game mode to my knowledge that copied SQDM. And the fact that CoD stole this idea along with others just shows how desperate they are... They're running out of ideas and have to take from others to be "innovative" Which they aren't. (And before you start saying BF3 stole TDM.... no they didn't the first game in the series, 1942 had TDM and it made a return to BF3).

10th. Map Design

If you look closely enough at the map design in the canyon map, you can see the many routes and tight corridors... looks to me to be more MW3 styled maps which can only be the worst, seeing as they really weren't liked for the spawns and layout.

That's all I have to say so far. Love me or hate me for what I said it's sitting there in plain sight this installment in the CoD series isn't going to be any better than MW3 was...

Now before you go on and start hating on me for saying this at least give what I said some thought and if you can start a civilized argument.

Throwing Knifes were something that took skill, if you didn't hit you're sorry out of luck and we're most likely killed. But now with these people are now going to be spamming these (Even with the most likely maximum of 2)around, and what do get in return... stunned/or flash banged and an easy kill for the enemy, requiring less skill to use for throwing knifes. (Yes I know later on the tomahawk is shown, but chances are most people will use these more).

2nd. Wall-Vision Scope

The only game in which wall-vision works well and is balanced is BLR... BO2 shouldn't have this scope at all! With an advantage like this given in CoD EVERYONE will use it and with that a counter will have to be made, so what we're looking at is having to put on a perk or use something just to cancel this stupid scope out. Brilliant idea Treyarch! Balance>Cool ideas.

Never once in CoD have we had a killstreak that hinders our movement and stuns us... Except for now! This is a bad idea, why you ask? Because what's the purpose for having special grenades when we have this killstreak that does the same thing!? I can already see this being a nuisance in objective based modes where people will set them up all over.

4th. Quadrotor

The next RC-XD... Although from what I can see I'm guessing it will be a 5 killstreak, the thing will be annoying when literally a whole team spams them just like the RC-XD was in BO1. I can only hope it's as easy to kill them in the retail version like the trailer.

@1:15 You can see yet ANOTHER scope with seeing through walls ability... like the 1st one wasn't enough Treyarch had to add a 2nd! -.- (See what I think above in 2nd. Wall-Vision Scope)

Looks like we're getting a smaller walker just for multiplayer. Most likely it will be a higher killstreak but even then that thing will ruin Domination/Ground War games where you'll be spawn camped by these things. Also not to mention this is a straight up copy from the Hardsuit in BLR.

7th. Shotguns

Remember a time when shotguns weren't a nuisance? When everyone didn't swarm to use them... those days are long gone. Once again returning to CoD is the OP shotgun you can see from the shotgun shoots pretty fast so I can see people spamming that.

8th. Drone Swarm

And you thought dogs were annoying enough... now we have this... a ridiculous replacement to dogs (most likely) and judging by their speed when flying in you won't be able to shoot them down like you were able to with dogs... What a balanced killstrak Treyarch!

If it wasn't enough that CoD had to steal more ideas, after taking Gun Game, Kill Confirmed (Crysis idea), and now Squad Deathmatch...

Squad Deathmatch: "Squad Deathmatch is a gametype featured in Battlefield: Bad Company 2, Battlefield: Bad Company 2: Vietnam and Battlefield 3. It is extremely similar to the Team Deathmatch gametype in Battlefield 1942 except that it pits four squads against one another whos goal is to reach a score of 50 kills before any other squad." Man doesn't that sound or look similar to what was shown in the video!? I think so... since CoD is pretty good at taking ideas from other games and putting it in their game.

Before BC2 there wasn't any other game mode to my knowledge that copied SQDM. And the fact that CoD stole this idea along with others just shows how desperate they are... They're running out of ideas and have to take from others to be "innovative" Which they aren't. (And before you start saying BF3 stole TDM.... no they didn't the first game in the series, 1942 had TDM and it made a return to BF3).

10th. Map Design

If you look closely enough at the map design in the canyon map, you can see the many routes and tight corridors... looks to me to be more MW3 styled maps which can only be the worst, seeing as they really weren't liked for the spawns and layout.

That's all I have to say so far. Love me or hate me for what I said it's sitting there in plain sight this installment in the CoD series isn't going to be any better than MW3 was...

1. That isn't an electrical throwing knife, it's an alternate version of a stun, more or less.

2. There will be perks to counter act it and it will reduce campers.

3. It isn't a solar panel, it's an Active Denial System, see above.

4. It really easy to kill.

5. Same as 2.

6. The "mini walker" was treaded, not a walker. It's just like theAssault Drone in MW3.

7. Shotguns were only OP in MW2. Their range is to lacking to be considered OP.

8. As far as I can tell, that's just for visual effect.

9. So what? They can't use good gamemodes? Pretty much everyone steals gamemodes from COD, so your argument is invalid.

10. Look at the first map they show. Large, wide open, and definitely Treyarch style. There will be maps like MW3 maps, but BO style maps as well.

Your "truth" seems like you're just trying to troll now... weird.

2nd. Wall-Vision Scope

4th. Quadrotor

7th. Shotguns

8th. Drone Swarm

10th. Map Design

1. It's a stun grenade. I even told you this on Skype before you posted this.

2. It's a killstreak. I think that's a fair killstreak. You should be rewarded for being good. Plus, why are you upset if there's going to be a perk that cancels it out (most likely)? That IS balance. That is the very definition of balance.

3. The range seems to be ridiculously small. One of those 'electric throwing knives' will take out that ADS with one good throw, I'm willing to bet.

4. Yeah exactly like the RCXD... except these can be killed with stingers and you'll be invisible to it with the Blind Eye/Ghost perk they will surely add. And getting five kills is also a lot harder than getting three.

5. Same deal as number 2. It's a replacement for the heartbeat sensor. If you've got a problem with it, throw on assassin or whatever they'll call it.

6. That'll be another assault drone. And considering how easy it is to get your care package stolen, no one really complains about them. :P

7. Activision learned their lesson after MW2. There may be one shotgun that is good, but it will do what a shotgun is supposed to do: be the superior weapon at close range.

8. Again, if you're good at the game, you should be rewarded. I'm not even that great at FPS's but I never complain about the high end killstreaks. Why? Because the best players should be rewarded with more kills. If you disagree, go play MW3. They've got deathstreaks and stealth bombers and all that fun stuff. :)

9. What... In all honesty, BF3 is a completely different game than any CoD. And if you wanna go there, I'll go there, bro. I wasn't willing to pay EA even more money to use their servers, so I had to Google some stuff. Sorry.

This is pulled directly off the Battlefield Wiki.

Gun Master

Players: 16

Focus: None

Goal: Level up the Fastest

Victory Conditions: Reach the final weapon level

Description: In Gun Master you are in a race to level up the fastest through 16 weapons before winning by Knife.

The knife cuts both ways.

10. Map design? You've seen a grand total of three maps--tiny portions of these maps, in fact--and you're already judging them. Aight.

Ok, that's it! I respect your opinions but I couldn't help pointing out counterarguments. Later!

-perfect

1. That isn't an electrical throwing knife, it's an alternate version of a stun, more or less.

5. Same as 2.

6. The "mini walker" was treaded, not a walker. It's just like theAssault Drone in MW3.

9. So what? They can't use good gamemodes? Pretty much everyone steals gamemodes from COD, so your argument is invalid.

10. Look at the first map they show. Large, wide open, and definitely Treyarch style. There will be maps like MW3 maps, but BO style maps as well.

1. Okay I was wrong on my prediction there, but still Tryearch should just give us a concussion and flashbangs.

2. Just because there will be perks to counter it doesn't make it any better, that idea should of been scrapped and never been put into the game. I shouldn't have to hinder my gameplay by having to put a certain perk on to cancel out that scope.

3. So what I got the name wrong, still makes this a stupid killstreak and shouldn't be in the game.

4. Just because it's easy to kill doesn't mean they'll get spammed a ton just like the RC-XD was.

6. My bad.

7. They were not as bad in BO but MW3 was pretty bad...

8. Visual effect you say... I guess a visual effect kills players... seems logical...

9. I'd love to know a few examples of where someone stole a game mode from CoD...

10. Why don't you look at the first map again... it looks wide open but isn't... If you look at the mini-map you can see it's like a MW3 map. (I've outlined the paths to show).

Seems to me just another person defending their precious CoD game... Just accept the flaws...

And @ Lemonade, you fail to realize Gun Master isn't taken from CoD, it was taken from Counter Strike... so get your facts straight...

I don't know if this has been found in a different video or maybe this one, I haven't been on the site in a long time so you'll have to excuse me if this is old news but, towards the end of the video at about 1:50 there is a date: 6.19.25 and coordinates: 35.052234, -118.243885. If you search the coordinates on Google it takes you to the Mojave desert near a bunch of airports and Airforce bases. I'm not sure of the relevance of any of this, but i thought it was a neat little piece of information.

5. Same as 2.

1. Okay I was wrong on my prediction there, but still Tryearch should just give us a concussion and flashbangs.

2. Just because there will be perks to counter it doesn't make it any better, that idea should of been scrapped and never been put into the game. I shouldn't have to hinder my gameplay by having to put a certain perk on to cancel out that scope.

3. So what I got the name wrong, still makes this a stupid killstreak and shouldn't be in the game.

4. Just because it's easy to kill doesn't mean they'll get spammed a ton just like the RC-XD was.

6. My bad.

8. Visual effect you say... I guess a visual effect kills players... seems logical...

9. I'd love to know a few examples of where someone stole a game mode from CoD...

10. Why don't you look at the first map again... it looks wide open but isn't... If you look at the mini-map you can see it's like a MW3 map. (I've outlined the paths to show).

Seems to me just another person defending their precious CoD game... Just accept the flaws...

And @ Lemonade, you fail to realize Gun Master isn't taken from CoD, it was taken from Counter Strike... so get your facts straight...

1. There probably still is stuns and flashes, they just didn't show them because it's the same old thing.

2. Like I said, it's better than having campers everywhere.

3. All it does is stun people directly in front of it. It's real technology and it's not op or anything.

4. Who cares if their spammed? That's just more exp.

7. I still disagree... you have to play very cautious with it.

8. I mean the whole swarm is visual effects, I'm guessing it's just the one.

5. Same as 2.

6. My bad.

1. There probably still is stuns and flashes, they just didn't show them because it's the same old thing.

2. Like I said, it's better than having campers everywhere.

3. All it does is stun people directly in front of it. It's real technology and it's not op or anything.

4. Who cares if their spammed? That's just more exp.

7. I still disagree... you have to play very cautious with it.

8. I mean the whole swarm is visual effects, I'm guessing it's just the one.

9. Domination is used in most games these days.

10.Yeah, it's tight in the lowest area, but there's a lot of upper area too.

I'm defending COD because people just assume crap so they have a reason to hate COD... stupid hipsters.

This is going to be my final response to this situation... it's my opinion and I'm sticking with it.

TBH I would rather have people camping (Play better and plan your assaults better then you won't get killed by them) than have someone running around with a stupid wall-hack scope. Like I said before the only game in which wall-hacking vision works and will ONLY work is in BLR. For the solar panel it will get placed at the choke points of the map and you can't really do anything to counter it (Unless a perk)so easy kills. More XP... no more like more trolling, you cant' deny the annoyance the RC-XD spam was, it will be just as bad. And it's highly unlikely the swarm is just a visual effect.

"Domination is used in most games these days." Well technically CoD stole the Domination game mode idea from Battlefield... (Not trying to start a BF vs. CoD war) Because Battlefield 1942 released on September 10, 2002 and featured the Conquest game mode. Where you have to capture the flags around the map to bleed the others tickets. Call of Duty: United Offensive was an expansion for the original Call of Duty (Which shipped without the Domination game mode) released on September 14, 2004 with the domination game mode.

"The objective of Domination is to own all of the control points on the map. There are usually at least five or six of these control points scattered around the map, and are usually found in key strategic locations. To capture a control point, a player must stand near it with no enemies nearby. After a certain amount of time, the area is captured by the players team. Every time a team captures a control point, they add a point to their overall score. To win, a team must either have the higher score when time runs out, or capture all of the control points on the map."

Man doesn't that sound quite familiar to Conquest? I mean they even had tanks and vehicles... CoD isn't the most original or innovative in their game modes... But hey that's just my opinion....

Call of Duty and Battlefield should not be compared to each other in anyway. They may both be FPS but the games are meant for different audiences clearly.

I'm going to put this thread back on topic.

Just noticed the red laser pointer on the gun. Just like in the mods!

Gstroy, could you please start editing your posts instead of double posting and cut back a little on the quotes? Your posts are unnecessarily huge.

KrazyCookies, you sound like a totally different person than usual. If no game could ever take anything from another, we would be left with crap in the end. When people say, "Oh CoD takes this and this and this and this from here!", I really don't understand why they care. It just gives you more content, what is wrong with that? It's not like they say, "Mwahaha! Now they will unknowingly have fun on a game mode that we stole!".

Really, how can you complain when nobody knows anything about the game?

Gstroy, could you please start editing your posts instead of double posting and cut back a little on the quotes? Your posts are unnecessarily huge.

KrazyCookies, you sound like a totally different person than usual. If no game could ever take anything from another, we would be left with crap in the end. When people say, "Oh CoD takes this and this and this and this from here!", I really don't understand why they care. It just gives you more content, what is wrong with that? It's not like they say, "Mwahaha! Now they will unknowingly have fun on a game mode that we stole!".

Really, how can you complain when nobody knows anything about the game?

I thought I had, I must have misclicked.

I agree with Krazy! Everyone copied pong by making video games! That's so unoriginal!