We're sorry about the Technical Difficulties

Phantom

With the brains, are they saved somewhere on the database? Or will they be reset when you re-install that plugin for it? Because that would really suck ass if all the brains were reset.

Well everything else has saved on the database, I'm assuming this has too

That's good, I know I don't have much but people with 1,000's of brains would really be upset if they were reset. I guess now only time will tell...

• Replies 35
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 2 weeks later...

I feel like I should give guys an update, the 3 mods that are the biggest are the safe gamertag, medals, and brains. I've completely installed the gamertag mod (along with the donate mod), and am working on medals now. All the medals are back on the site, and as far as I see the only thing missing is the medals page in the ucp (because Nick made that page himself, it's not part of the mod so I need to make it myself as well...which is what I had to do for the donate tab up top). And...if you haven't noticed...you guys don't have any medals, even though I said they're all up again...that's right...it lost all data of the medals...I have to go through and make them all again (not the images, the details) and everyone has to be awarded them again. I'm sorry but I couldn't do anything about that, so you guys will get your medals back...and now it can be the whole staff doing it, instead of stuff that only I can do...so it shouldn't take as long as I am doing to put everything back.

However this makes me really afraid to attempt to put the brains back...if we lose everyone's information on that too...I don't know what I'd do...

It's good to have an update.

Medals, well we'll just have to post in the medal request thread again. You're already saved trouble with current posts on there, but still people might've gained some since than. There's at least 15 active staff members, so spread it out between you all so it's not as hard, long and tiring.

For brains. Well, there's nothing you can do. It's better to put it back on, than not try it at all. Granted, since the medals didn't return, I don't see the brains faring to well either. You have a number of options here if they DON'T appear:

- Disable brains altogether.

- Everyone starts from scratch, so 0 brains for everyone.

- If people can remember there brains before it was reset, than they can say what it was.

Granted they're not good options. That last one requires trust from the people of CoDz, and I know at least one person (not picking anyone specifically, but statistically, 1 out of 11500+ people would at least lie) will lie a little to gain brains they didn't. Proof can be used from past images, but really, who takes a picture of their brain count. And if they did, surely it would be outdated when your brains went.

So thats my views on brains. Hopefully they aren't lost.

For brains. Well, there's nothing you can do. It's better to put it back on, than not try it at all. Granted, since the medals didn't return, I don't see the brains faring to well either. You have a number of options here if they DON'T appear:

- Disable brains altogether.

- Everyone starts from scratch, so 0 brains for everyone.

- If people can remember there brains before it was reset, than they can say what it was.

Granted they're not good options. That last one requires trust from the people of CoDz, and I know at least one person (not picking anyone specifically, but statistically, 1 out of 11500+ people would at least lie) will lie a little to gain brains they didn't. Proof can be used from past images, but really, who takes a picture of their brain count. And if they did, surely it would be outdated when your brains went.

So thats my views on brains. Hopefully they aren't lost.

If I'm not mistaken, theres a possibility that if the exact amount isn't saved, then there's also a possible option of at least setting everyone's brains to the minimum requirement for the prestige they were on in brains. Still isn't a preferred option, but better than resetting altogether to taking a wild guess.