We're sorry about the Technical Difficulties

Phantom

Hey everyone, if you've tried to access the forum lately, you'll know that the site has been under construction. Last night, as Covert was preparing to leave the site completely to us, we were updating the site, moving files around, etc, to make it run as smoothly as possible, especially in preparation for the influx of new users and content.

Unfortunately, due to a slight miscommunication on our part, a file was misplaced in the wrong folder and ended up crashing the entire site. We immediately realized our mistake, and knew it should be an easy fix. All we had to do was restore the back up file from our host. Unfortunately, the backup file was updated just after the site crashed. In addition, we did not have a backup on hand as Covert had just left, and was actually in the process of transferring complete access to me.

Thanks to this less than desirable timing, we've had to restore the forum without the new theme, and without things like brains and the medals. We want to give you guys the site, as we feel the posts and interactions are far more important than a theme or medals, so please bear with us as we work on the site as you are free to use it.

Keep in mind that there may be minor technical issues while reinstalling the medals. Don't worry, you all still have your medals and brains. They just don't appear until we visualize them via the correct forum mods. However, the one thing that did get removed is the database of user avatars. They will need to be reuploaded for you to see them again. Sorry for this error. CoDz as you know it will be up as soon as possible. Until then, be patient and enjoy the bare bones of our forum.

We apologize for any inconvenience this may have caused.

• Replies 35
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

:D

So, who dun goofed?

Indeed...

Regards Alpha.

It sounds like someone knows. :lol:

I really am glad to see the site back up. I can't say I checked it every thirty minutes, but as soon as I got home from work I checked. Man, I was so bored last night though. I didn't know what happened at the time, but I was thinking: "Where the Hell am I going to talk about these types of subjects, with intelligent and skilled people like we have here, if CoDz never returned?" I am so happy it's back up.

My question to you and I guess everyone would be:

Everyone: Is the font for the topic titles in the "Board Index" blurry to you or is it a problem on my end?

Admin: Same question basically.

Just a few things that I have noticed:

1. The homepage (www.callofdutyzombies.com) used to link to the forum until the homepage was finished. Will that be coming back just until the homepage is finished?

2. Will the BOII symbols becoming back as forum sub-category emblems?

3. The "light effect" is really hard to read names. Maybe tone it down? I like it, but it is just too bright and overpowering.

4. The forum options (under the box that you write your reply in) box needs to be changed to red.

Just trying to help! I am glad to see that it is coming back pretty fast.

Everyone: Is the font for the topic titles in the "Board Index" blurry to you or is it a problem on my end?

Admin: Same question basically

^Sorry to double post, but I really need to know if it is just me. I love this site and I can't have my computer being retarded towards it.

It's just you, it's all back to what it used to be I'm pretty sure.

Just a few things that I have noticed:

1. The homepage (http://www.callofdutyzombies.com) used to link to the forum until the homepage was finished. Will that be coming back just until the homepage is finished?

2. Will the BOII symbols becoming back as forum sub-category emblems?

3. The "light effect" is really hard to read names. Maybe tone it down? I like it, but it is just too bright and overpowering.

4. The forum options (under the box that you write your reply in) box needs to be changed to red.

Just trying to help! I am glad to see that it is coming back pretty fast.

1. Yes, I can do that in about 10 minutes, just haven't yet.

2. Yes, but I do not know if anyone has those images any more, or if we'll need to remake them

3. If you mean the glow, they've already been removed so I'm not sure what you're talking about :?

4. Yes you're right, going to have to find that.

The other things I have noticed is:

1. The PM section's color is wrong

2. All you guys still need to re upload your avatars :P sorry I can do nothing to put those back

3. The smileys have a white background around them, I need to remove those

4. The quotes are the wrong color and can't be read.

5. TONS of broken images around the site, that's going to be a pain :/

6. And I'll need to find all the mods again, like brains, medals, etc. (Hopefully we don't have to give everyone those medals again...)

7. And an odd color change on posts, sometimes they're orange, sometimes they're white...I'm not sure what that's about but I'm OCD so it'll be fixed

What could be the problem? The regular text in the posts is normal, while the titles, names of users, explanations and everything else, looks like there is a white shadow behind it and it makes the font very unclear. As I said, the regular text inside the posts is ok. It's just the "Board Index" page. Not saying you are wrong in saying it is a problem on my end, I am just flabbergasted as to how I should fix it.

What could be the problem? The regular text in the posts is normal, while the titles, names of users, explanations and everything else, looks like there is a white shadow behind it and it makes the font very unclear. As I said, the regular text inside the posts is ok. It's just the "Board Index" page. Not saying you are wrong in saying it is a problem on my end, I am just flabbergasted as to how I should fix it.

Clear your cache, because there WAS a shadow there as that's the default, but I removed it about half an hour ago.

Everything cosmetic has been fixed from what we see, if you see anything else let me know because I haven't found anything else.

Mods is what I was working on today, and I've found/uploaded all of them, and installed about half. Medals are halfway installed, you can see everything everyone has but for the time being we can't edit them. Safe Gamertags are the same, they appear...somewhat, and you can edit them, but they're not fully functional.

I've never installed mods before, and there's a little bit extra on some of the mods you need to do that isn't working. So just bear with me till I can figure it all out :S we're getting there.

Phxntxm has been telling me how he has been working day and night to fix up the site. What an amazing fella! Working hard to make things right for him and everyone else. Great guy he is, and I wish him and the rest of the crew the best of luck restoring the site! :D

With the brains, are they saved somewhere on the database? Or will they be reset when you re-install that plugin for it? Because that would really suck ass if all the brains were reset.

Well everything else has saved on the database, I'm assuming this has too