Paris/Theater

I think this map will start out with us in Paris, kinda like in Black Ops where Kino was suppose to be in World At War but they put it in Black Ops and I know Paris was just a file name and they changed it to moon but maybe they still wanna go ahead with it.

P.S. Did you guys hear about the confirmed info that the maps have Theater Mode? Not only can we record highlights from the game but we can also scan the map for Easter Eggs and such!

• Replies 14
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

i dont think the first map will be in paris but i do believe it could be a map pack like moon and the others from the first black ops

a theater mode for zombies will be great for easter eggs and i know some people who said they'll make a sort of zombies movie using it. i cant wait! :D

Theater mode is NOT confirmed for zombies in Black Ops II. It is possible, seeing as it runs in the MP executable, however the length of zombies games may be an issue.

As for Paris, I don't think we've seen the last of it. Even if we don't get to play it, it's still part of the story. Even if it was scrapped for moon, it was still on the boards on Der Riese and I think it's still going to play into Black Ops II, even if only passively mentioned.

The rumor about theater mode being involved in Zombies is a rumor. The image that was spread around, was not from an official source, it was just a fan-made twitter account, that spread the rumor. Along with that, including a theater mode into the game would be extremely difficult, reason being, is file size. Zombies games are not the same length amount of games as it is in MP. MP games usually last around 7-11 minutes, maybe even less, and this is the main reason why implementing theater mode into the MP system was essentially easy, because the time intervals of each game were so short, and periodically the recorded games could be deleted after some 60 of your own games were recorded. The older recorded games would be recycled with newer gameplays, and the process would continue. From what I can see, the issue with incorporating Zombies into theater mode, is the fact that the theater mode can only hold so many gameplay recordings (Around 100 or so?) before recycling new ones. Now, zombies games usually last around an hour and a half- 3 hours (on average) and if they were recorded in theatre, the file size of each gameplay would be immense. Even if you split the game into parts, the area that stores the recordings, would already be using 25-30 slots each time you played a decent sized Zombie game, therefore taking up extreme amounts of space per game.

As for the Paris map, I do believe indeed that we will be seeing the map, no matter what. So far, the boards in Der Riese have not lied yet, and I don't believe they are going to do so. Also, there was a recently developed theory of one of the next zombies maps to be held in England, with some pictures on the Der Riese boards as well, so I think we'll be seeing some gameplay in England as well. Should be interesting to see :)

Err did everyone forget the interview with Activision's VP Production guy where he states

Now that Zombies is running on the MP-engine, we're gonna bring alot of the things we first introduced in Black Ops Multiplayer:

"Wager Matches, theater, and incorporate those in Zombies so maybe theres a Zombie theater mode you can make your Zombie Movies or you know how Wager match was a different sort of gameplay style, and bringin those to Zombies as well"

Confirmed.

i really don't think that the first map will be in Paris just because one of the revealed images shows a Diner and that specific diner is one in real life that is in New Jersey and close by is a church that looks exactly the same as the one from the images given.

I am 100% sure that it wont be Paris, Maybe in a DLC yes

Im pretty sure the first map will not be in paris because this one guy on youtube has linked all the photos of the bridge, the diner, and the church, and they all reside in a local town in new jersey. so im pretty sure that the map that they have shown involves

8 players

All different characters

and takes place on earth after the missile lauch

Now i think the first map for are original characters will take place in paris..

so in recap the pictures are for the new 8 player map and paris is reserved for the original crew.

I'm pretty sure the next map will take place in NJ, or possibly Cuba (based off those pictures of Castro). Paris is very likely though, I remember there being a thread on here with some videos showing the Parisian Catacombs that would make an ideal zombie location.

Also, Treyarch obviously wanted to go to Paris. I think they just wanted to end Black Ops with a bang by taking it to the Moon. Paris would've been fun, but maybe not "season finale" material. I would be willing to bet money we will be seeing it as a map at some point in the future.

I think they wanted to do paris but i think shrangri-la made that impossible, now if they would've made paris instead of shangri-la we would have had it. but for some reason they wanted us to go to mars before the moon........??????? :?: :?: :?: :?: :?: :?: :!: :!: :!: :!:

Actually Paris was supposed to be Moon, but as stated, Treyarch didn't think it was "season finale" material so they ended Black Ops with a big bang(Moon). They said all this during the Call of Duty XP showcase in the Zombie Panel.

Now as many have said, I don't think Paris will be the zombie map to come with Black Ops II but possibly a future DLC map.

Im pretty sure the first map will not be in paris because this one guy on youtube has linked all the photos of the bridge, the diner, and the church, and they all reside in a local town in new jersey. so im pretty sure that the map that they have shown involves

8 players

All different characters

and takes place on earth after the missile lauch

Now i think the first map for are original characters will take place in paris..

so in recap the pictures are for the new 8 player map and paris is reserved for the original crew.

I hope they do this, there should be Solo,Multiplayer (versus), and co-op