The SuperStarts Series

Hey guys, so I often get asked to show a round 1-10 playthrough for various maps to show how I get myself set up for a solo game, which birthed this series that I've named SuperStarts™.

All of these videos show full playthroughs from round 1 until at least round 10, further in some cases and up to 30 if I thought it necessary to show how I manage to get to 30 in about an hour since some people don't see it possible.

Biggest tip I can give a player for rounds 10-30; don't waste so much time spraying and spraying with a wall gun or LMG.

Not only is it very slow, it's also much safer to just kill your groups with one fell swoop. That way you won't run the risk of walking back into an area that you don't wanna be in and getting stuck, or getting surprised from behind by that one zombie that always gets you.

People may argue that you need to point-build later on for traps/recycling - I couldn't disagree more with this. By group-killing I normally end up with well over 50k by the time I get to round 30. You also point-build as you're using traps with most strategies. Not to mention, if you need to point-build to recycle then it's a hell of a lot safer to spray a group with a wall gun to gain points in the high rounds when you're not killing them and making them respawn. The wall gun can also go into the slot where the wonderweapon once was, thus eliminating the need for Mule Kick in some cases.

I'd generally use the Mustang & Sally to group kill up to round 20 or so instead of the Thundergun, since it'll make more points. This also works with other maps up until you can coax the wonderweapon out of the box.

The Ray Gun also works as a pretty good M&S replacement on the first 3 classic maps.

Anyways, enough said, on with the videos... enjoy :D

Kino Der Toten

FIVE

Ascension

COTD

Shangri La

Moon

Nacht Der Untoten

Verruckt

Shi No Numa

Der Riese

• Replies 7
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Thanks guys :)

I wish I had the super starts series back in November when I started playing.

I wish there were some good guides out when I first started playing, they were far and few but I guess I can take pride in the fact that I learned most of what I know about this game off of my own back. I'll definitely be all over the new BO2 maps as soon as they come out, so any newcomers can have some guidance right from the get-go ;)

Thanks pal, I've not really seen a similar series for solo or co-op, but these tactics work just as well for any number of players. To all get the Bowie Knife/Sickle you just calculate how much you'd need to open all of the doors and each get the knife, then stay in the first room until you all have accumulated enough points together to split the cost of going to get it.

You might find this thread useful for that actually, it shows the cost of opening all of the doors to the knife in solo:

http://www.callofdutyzombies.com/forum/ ... ie#p193705

You'd just add an extra 3000 to the points total needed. Normally 2-4 players should have enough points by round 5 ;)

Thanks pal, I've not really seen a similar series for solo or co-op, but these tactics work just as well for any number of players. To all get the Bowie Knife/Sickle you just calculate how much you'd need to open all of the doors and each get the knife, then stay in the first room until you all have accumulated enough points together to split the cost of going to get it.

You might find this thread useful for that actually, it shows the cost of opening all of the doors to the knife in solo:

http://www.callofdutyzombies.com/forum/ ... ie#p193705

You'd just add an extra 3000 to the points total needed. Normally 2-4 players should have enough points by round 5 ;)

I find that it is reallly hard to get the bowie knife early enough with 3-4 players for it to have any use. At least on der riese. The points are hard to come by.