Weapon statistics analyzed

I've always had the idea that certain weapons were better in zombies than others, but could never 'prove it'. For example, I don't like the HK21, but love the Galil. Or my mate uses the AK74u but I think the MP40 creates more points.

Well, I combined some data from the wiki in a spreadsheet.

Damage:

By waterstraat at 2012-07-23

Above shows damage/second, combining damage, rate-of-fire, reload time etc. Damage is head-shot damage.

And revenue:

By waterstraat at 2012-07-24

This shows the amount of points earned when shooting all the ammo in round 10, minus the costs.

And see, the Galil is 'beter' than the HK21, and the MP40 generates more points than the AK74u :P

Note: the data isn't very accurate, for example, splash-damage isn't used.

(Edit: revenue-chart was off)

• Replies 7
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

The original poster said the chart applies to round 10. The stakeout can get one-hit kills up to round 12, and is reliable to get one-hit kills up to round 10 or 11. Since it can reliably get one-hit kills at the round the chart applies to, we can assume each shot produces a kill (this won't be true if you're outside your effective range, but then the HK21 stats aren't accurate if half your bullets miss, so we're going to assume you're in effective range). Every kill generates at least 50 points (if hit in the legs; kills can generate up to 130 points depending on what killed it and if using a gun depending on where the final bullet hit). When you buy the Stakeout, it comes with 60 bullets. That's 60 kills, with each generating at least 50 points. 60*50 is 3000. The Stakeout costs 1500. So, at round 10, the round the original poster says the chart applies to, buying the stakeout and using all of it's ammo will double your money. This doesn't account for kills that generate even more points (i.e. headshots), which you're likely to get. The chart claims you'll lose money. It IS inaccurate, at least in the case of the Stakeout.

I can go further too. Even if at round 10 you were getting 2-shot kills with the stakeout and only hitting one zombies per shot, you'd be averaging 30 points per shot. 30*60 is 1800. That's still more than the Stakeout costs.

And I can testify to buying a stakeout and making money off of it in early rounds. So yeah.

The original poster said the chart applies to round 10. The stakeout can get one-hit kills up to round 12, and is reliable to get one-hit kills up to round 10 or 11. Since it can reliably get one-hit kills at the round the chart applies to, we can assume each shot produces a kill (this won't be true if you're outside your effective range, but then the HK21 stats aren't accurate if half your bullets miss, so we're going to assume you're in effective range). Every kill generates at least 50 points (if hit in the legs; kills can generate up to 130 points depending on what killed it and if using a gun depending on where the final bullet hit). When you buy the Stakeout, it comes with 60 bullets. That's 60 kills, with each generating at least 50 points. 60*50 is 3000. The Stakeout costs 1500. So, at round 10, the round the original poster says the chart applies to, buying the stakeout and using all of it's ammo will double your money. This doesn't account for kills that generate even more points (i.e. headshots), which you're likely to get. The chart claims you'll lose money. It IS inaccurate, at least in the case of the Stakeout.

I can go further too. Even if at round 10 you were getting 2-shot kills with the stakeout and only hitting one zombies per shot, you'd be averaging 30 points per shot. 30*60 is 1800. That's still more than the Stakeout costs.

And I can testify to buying a stakeout and making money off of it in early rounds. So yeah.

You're absolutely right, I checked the formula again, and the 'points for dead zombie' wasn't calculated right, so most of the points would come from non-lethal hits.

Shots are calculated at point blank range, with 100% accuracy.

I agree it's not very accurate, since accuracy can change things a lot. Nearly 100% hits with a shotgun is very possible, but not with an smg, as such, full-auto guns appear better than they are. Also, explosives are off, it now shows the points you could get when shooting one bullet at one zombie at a time (and thats not the way you'd use explosives).

(I've updated the chart)

It's nice. But here's some advice. First, DPS isn't exactly a useful statistic in Zombies. It's only real use is for camping up to round 20-30. Also, the cost - revenue graph is interesting, but it can be a bit misleading. You made them all at Round 10, but I think you should also make others for comparison. Or you can just overlay it on one graph. For example, the blue bar is for Round 10. A red bar can be for Round 20. A green bar for Round 50. And a yellow for Round 100. (The higher the Round the less points you will get.)