115 Super Soldiers

• Administrators

Because this thread already began talking about loading screens and my Mars thread is for that specifically, I moved this over to here. I hope that is ok :)

You certainly make a very convincing point, Tac. And I can't think of anything else to throw at you for the sake of arguing. :lol:

Haha if you ever do, tell me :D

• Replies 45
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I believe this thread has detracted a little from the topic I originally posted :lol: but I'm loving the conversation it has stirred up.

And Humble Soldier, I never get why people are so negative to ideas that aren't their own. I ask questions because I want to hear people's opinions on the matter, and if people disagree (which is a good thing), then I would love nothing more than to discuss why that is the case. I love a good, healthy arguement. It's such a shame that arguing has to be seen as such a bad thing nowadays.

• Administrators

Why is it that our heroes are able to handle 115 without it harming or killing them and bringing them back as a mindless undead corpse? As well as the FIVE and Cotd crew. What makes these humans resistant to the harmful effects of this mysterious alien element?

There was a book I read once (I forget what the title was) where an alien race froze time on Earth and tried to invade it. At the same time, there was still many people (mostly kids) who were unaffected by this, and even granted them superhuman capabilities, and the reason why is because they had some ancient alien ancestors that were of the same race as the invading aliens.

I believe that in the world of cod zombies, these "super soldiers" are in fact descendants of the Vril-Ya, since they seem to have been able to utilize 115 properly, as well as being able to resist harmful effects. This is just my theory anyway.

To be honest, I think I went this entire thread without responding to the OP so I will do so now.

My theory for why they can withstand so much 115 is because while alive, it doesn't do much to you. 115 was created for the purpose of reanimating dead cells, but if you are alive most of your cells aren't actually dead, so it has nothing to reanimate. That is my best theory so that it applies to all 3 groups of fighters.

Some say that the reason it does not effect them is because we drink Quick Revive, which contains fish oil. Fish oil is rich Omega-3 fatty acids and DHA, and for example, when a man/woman has Alzheimer's, their DHA levels are very low. But Fish Oil is said to help the growth of your frontal cortex.

Why is it that our heroes are able to handle 115 without it harming or killing them and bringing them back as a mindless undead corpse? As well as the FIVE and Cotd crew. What makes these humans resistant to the harmful effects of this mysterious alien element?

There was a book I read once (I forget what the title was) where an alien race froze time on Earth and tried to invade it. At the same time, there was still many people (mostly kids) who were unaffected by this, and even granted them superhuman capabilities, and the reason why is because they had some ancient alien ancestors that were of the same race as the invading aliens.

I believe that in the world of cod zombies, these "super soldiers" are in fact descendants of the Vril-Ya, since they seem to have been able to utilize 115 properly, as well as being able to resist harmful effects. This is just my theory anyway.

To be honest, I think I went this entire thread without responding to the OP so I will do so now.

My theory for why they can withstand so much 115 is because while alive, it doesn't do much to you. 115 was created for the purpose of reanimating dead cells, but if you are alive most of your cells aren't actually dead, so it has nothing to reanimate. That is my best theory so that it applies to all 3 groups of fighters.

Some say that the reason it does not effect them is because we drink Quick Revive, which contains fish oil. Fish oil is rich Omega-3 fatty acids and DHA, and for example, when a man/woman has Alzheimer's, their DHA levels are very low. But Fish Oil is said to help the growth of your frontal cortex.

I was basing this off the whole "115 drives you crazy if overexsposed to it" (which I just realized I don't really recall where I heard that). But once again Tac, thou hath bested me with the wit of thy's words.

• Administrators

It's from the Terminal, and Kino actually. Maxis says "Perhaps it is the 115 affecting my mind. I can no longer discern." in the Terminal, and a note in Kino says "The power is undeniable, but who can use such weapons without turning themselves?"

Along with those notes and files, we know that 115 does effect them because the screen goes blurry when we drink perks and we go down if we go through the 115 barriers in Kino, for example. To me, that shows that the 115 does effect them if they have been around it long enough, we don't know to what degree, but it says a person will turn to a zombie. Because of that, I suggest it will take a long time for it to do so.

I mean Richtofen was around it since 1939 to 1945 and the subsequent time from then on and he's not turned yet.

• Administrators

Perhaps we will get a more definite answer to the various effects of 115 on people in Black Ops II.

Plus, I doubt Richthofen will be anymore affected by the 115 now that he's the Aether overlord or whatever. Sam was in there for a long time, and she's only slightly demonic from it.

I have to side with Rissole and say that the Demonic aspect is actually the Devil, and now that she is out of the pyramid she is no longer demonic.

• Administrators

That was a poor choice of words on my behalf, I actually believe in Rissole's Devil theory. I guess what I should've said was that she was a bit twisted from the experience, what with the deep and creepy voice and the murderous intentions and what not.

Oh haha xD My apologies for not getting that, looking back I shouldn't have looked so into that, that was my fault :P

That was a poor choice of words on my behalf, I actually believe in Rissole's Devil theory. I guess what I should've said was that she was a bit twisted from the experience, what with the deep and creepy voice and the murderous intentions and what not.

Oh haha xD My apologies for not getting that, looking back I shouldn't have looked so into that, that was my fault :P

Ain't no thing bro ;)

Lol sorry guys my last post wasn't for this topic i must of loaded the wrong draft :lol:

Anyway this topic has gotten pretty good activity, but in the end i think that the only special players are the original characters. But you can tell that the perks and all the exposer to the 115 has caused our heros' to physically age quicker and i can't remember the exact quote but im pretty sure that the players are being drained from the perks, i think dempsey says "this tastes worse everytime i drink it" lol i don't remember the quote well but this kinda tells me that like and antibiotics take them too much and it stops treating the problem and starts making the problem :?

And on a side note i like your posted topic in shangri-la being on mars tac, this too me would explain how you get too no mans land sense it's on mars. Lol your getting alot of love and hate on the topic, especially from "Tankeo"

Lol sorry guys my last post wasn't for this topic i must of loaded the wrong draft :lol:

Anyway this topic has gotten pretty good activity, but in the end i think that the only special players are the original characters. But you can tell that the perks and all the exposer to the 115 has caused our heros' to physically age quicker and i can't remember the exact quote but im pretty sure that the players are being drained from the perks, i think dempsey says "this tastes worse everytime i drink it" lol i don't remember the quote well but this kinda tells me that like and antibiotics take them too much and it stops treating the problem and starts making the problem :?

And on a side note i like your posted topic in shangri-la being on mars tac, this too me would explain how you get too no mans land sense it's on mars. Lol your getting alot of love and hate on the topic, especially from "Tankeo"

I personally believe in Tac's Mars theory as well. He provides a lot of evidence to support his theory, and it fits quite well with the rest of the story and it's historical background.

The main reason I see for why people oppose it is because of how unrealistic it would be for Mars to support life. This is a game where the dead come back to life through a mysterious alien element, with the Vril-Ya possibly behind everything. Is it too hard to accept that th Vril-Ya would have technology beyond our comprehension that could support life on Mars?

I personally believe in Tac's Mars theory as well. He provides a lot of evidence to support his theory, and it fits quite well with the rest of the story and it's historical background.

The main reason I see for why people oppose it is because of how unrealistic it would be for Mars to support life. This is a game where the dead come back to life through a mysterious alien element, with the Vril-Ya possibly behind everything. Is it too hard to accept that th Vril-Ya would have technology beyond our comprehension that could support life on Mars?

Agreed :D although the tornado still hasn't been explained yet in the comic book picture, or it has and ive missed it. mabye the tornado was caused bye the heros arriving from call of the dead, or it was caused bye the vril-ya when the left the planet to escape rictophen, or finally it was just there because treyarch wanted it too be in there lol. does anyone what caused the tornado?

• Administrators

My theory is that if it's true that the voices in Richtofen's head are the Vril-ya, then they were aware of his plans and moved the map to secure Shangri-La, to make sure it's safe.

• Administrators

I always thought the tornado was an example of time being torn or something, but it could be a example of transportation. I tried to correlate it with Der Riese and how the wunderfaffe shattered the fabric of reality.

I heard an interesting theory that it was a mechanism implemented where when anyone but Richtofen touched it, it showed that the place had been discovered and it was a security mechanism to transport itself away, and that that is what happened when Brock touched it.