Help on Moon-Excavator

Been playing Moon lately hoping to raise my co-op scores. Had some really bad games leading up to a round 25 record but now see Moon as very easy. Except the excavator thing keeps screwing me, so asking for help to better understand the situation.

I have had games where it takes out the MPL tunnel, forcing me to take the stamina tunnel and vice versa. Last night it took out both tunnels, leaving me stranded at the quick revive room without jug, box, or the hacker. I have had a game it took out the biodome.

I have had a few games with some very knowledgable players who had shown me how to hack from the quick revive room but it still comes back to take out sections of the map. How do I prevent it from happening? Some rounds I go back to revive room and the machine reads "not active" or something similar but next round it takes out a section.

Thanks for reading.

• Replies 11
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

The key is listening for the warnings at the beginning of each round.

Generally, in the first 10 or 15 rounds or so, you should have plenty of time to kill all the zombies, make a crawler at the end, and hack it then.

On the later rounds however I choose to do it at the beginning of a round. If you hear the warning at the start of a round, run a train until the zombies are maxed out at 24. After they are maxed out, run back to the first room to hack the appropriate excavator. Be sure not to kill any until you've returned to your original training location.

This should help solve the issue of those pesky excavators.

Hi, forum lurker here...anyways I'm surprised no one answered this yet since this is a very simple question, Hopefully someone posts before I do :), English isn't my primary language so I apologize if I make a few typos. (I'll edit any I find after I post this.) .

If you want to prevent the excavator from decompressing any of the tunnels or the biodome, I believe only the player with the hacker can stop it. The player with the hacker must run all the way back to the QR machine and look and see if one of the machines are beeping green lights. When you find the right one glowing, hack it :D . You earn 1000 points as a result of hacking it and stopping the excavator. There are three ecxatavators, one for each oxygen level. Excavator Epsilon (You will know when it's announced, because she will specifically call it Excavator Epsilon.) is the one can take out the biodome's oxygen, so make that your top priority. The other two name of the excavators, excavator Pi attacks tunnel 6, and excavator Omnicron attacks Tunnel 11. If it's tunnel 6 it's going to attack the MPL/M16 rooms, if it's tunnel 11 it will attack the PM63/STAMINNUP/SEMTEX rooms. Bear in mind if you want to attempt the easter egg you have to LET tunnel 6 get excavated, but you to be in the QR room before it gets excavated. This is so you can deactivate the excavator and be able to run around the tunnel again (although it'll have no oxygen obviously :lol: .) Oh, and it's best if you make some crawlers to hack the excavators. Also if you do unfortunately lose an oxygen level you can always get another astronaut helmet from the doors, it'll be either on the right or left.

I hope this helped, but don't expect anymore posts from me anytime soon :lol: . I will probably get ninja'd by another member because this took me long to type ;) .*steps back in the shadows to continue lurking...*

Thanks guys for the help.

Have to agree with shooter there. I thought that was Superhand doing the written analysis. So clear and easy to understand for noobs like myself. Would love to see you post more.

Questions part 2. I remember hacking twice previously and the excavator still breaches MPL and stamina. Is the excavator something like the astro that keeps coming back? Something I have to keep an eye on?

Thanks gentlemen. Excuse my lack of knowledge on such an old map, I shied away for a while and only started playing because I wanted to earn my co-op record.

Have to agree with shooter there. I thought that was Superhand doing the written analysis. So clear and easy to understand for noobs like myself. Would love to see you post more.

Questions part 2. I remember hacking twice previously and the excavator still breaches MPL and stamina. Is the excavator something like the astro that keeps coming back? Something I have to keep an eye on?

Thanks gentlemen. Excuse my lack of knowledge on such an old map, I shied away for a while and only started playing because I wanted to earn my co-op record.

Yup, it's just like the Astro Zombie. Comes back every couple rounds and never goes away.

Firstly... Nitromonkey, quit lurking in the background and get stuck in, you could be a valuable asset to the forum [brains]

Back on topic...

The diggers as mentioned are something that comes at random intervals, could be 2 or 10 rounds after the last and it could probably even be the same one 3 times in a row.

However, it will always be at the start of a round so you can always be prepared.

Always assign one player as the Hacker carrier. If the digger warning goes off, we normally have that player immediately go on a mad dash to stop it. As long as the windows in the Recieving bay are kept boarded this is usually a safe task.

What I personally like to do is go through tunnel 6 to go and hack it, then camp it out in tunnel 11 for the rest of the round.

Firstly... Nitromonkey, quit lurking in the background and get stuck in, you could be a valuable asset to the forum [brains]

Back on topic...

The diggers as mentioned are something that comes at random intervals, could be 2 or 10 rounds after the last and it could probably even be the same one 3 times in a row.

However, it will always be at the start of a round so you can always be prepared.

Always assign one player as the Hacker carrier. If the digger warning goes off, we normally have that player immediately go on a mad dash to stop it. As long as the windows in the Recieving bay are kept boarded this is usually a safe task.

What I personally like to do is go through tunnel 6 to go and hack it, then camp it out in tunnel 11 for the rest of the round.

Exactly. I'm always the Hacker, and always take a buddy with me to the Receiving Bay so he can cover me while I'm hacking, and help me fight my way back to the Biodome.

The only things that you really need to make sure of is that you listen at the beginning of the round. If there's no warning after around 20 seconds, it won't come at all that round. In addition, make sure your Hacker has Stamin-Up, so he can get there and back quicker.

What you really have to remember is, don't kill your game just to hack an excavator. A breach isn't all that bad. You can actually sprint through just about any room (aside from the biodome) without any air.

If you're in a really tight spot and both tunnels have been breached, you don't even have to worry about that, as you can simply teleport, and hack them while you're in the receiving bay.

One last thing is, keep the windows repaired. At the end of the round, board up all the windows in case of an excavator coming. This will stop the zombies from getting in your way as you're sprinting to and from the Receiving bay.

That's all I got.

Yup, it's just like the Astro Zombie. Comes back every couple rounds and never goes away.

That's not true. The Excavators are quite buggy. I've had many games where they simply stopped coming, having 30 rounds of no Excavators. I figure at a seemingly random point that the game bugs out the respawning event of an Excavator.

Btw, if you ever get in that situation again, the one where you're stuck in the Receiving Bay with Quick Revive with both Excavators down, there is one way to get to the other side. Survive long enough to get attacked by an Astro-Zombie without getting killed. It'll teleport you somewhere, possibly the other side. Then you get Juggernog plus the Hacker, go to the Receiving Bay via Teleporter, hack the terminals, and you're good.

Thanks to everyone for their valuable inputs.

One last question, when is it ok to head back to the revive room with the hacker? I went back to hack the system first sign of evil announcing girl but room not yet safe without PES. When is it safe to roam without the suit?

Many thanks, to you all.

And to my knowledge there are 4 mystery box locations. By flopper, by mule kick, by power switch, and quick revive. Any other possible locations?

Thanks to everyone for their valuable inputs.

One last question, when is it ok to head back to the revive room with the hacker? I went back to hack the system first sign of evil announcing girl but room not yet safe without PES. When is it safe to roam without the suit?

Many thanks, to you all.

And to my knowledge there are 4 mystery box locations. By flopper, by mule kick, by power switch, and quick revive. Any other possible locations?

Someone probably broke the windows. As long as they're closed and the power's on, the first room has air.

As for mystery box spawns, yeah, that's all of them.