New Black Ops II Villain Trailer

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I believe it's Mason for a few reasons. My first is the trenchcoat, to me, it resembles Reznov. My second reason is that the picture where there's a couple. In other topics, there have been theories to where Mason... made a baby... with a young woman. My third reason is, how would Menendez get into the Vault. It has to be protected. But, in Latin, Cordis Die means The Heart, So the pendant might mean something more. (To me, the new world video on the Cordis Die channel and the man's voice at the end of the trailer sound different)

GUYS IT HAS BEEN (IMO) COMFIRMED!!!!

That person is Raul Menendez.

http://www.youtube.com/user/cordiisdie?feature=results_main

Above is a URL to Cordis Dies Youtube Channel with a video. That has already been said but on the right there is also a Twitter link "The Key is here".

Pressing this takes you https://twitter.com/CordiisDie with a tweet saying "Its never late"

Sorry just had to put it here.

The location is also: Nicaragua, not sure if that means anything?

I have no idea what the numbers mean though (in the video), what is it with Treyarch and numbers?

*EDIT- On the viral video (that has also been put on the forum somewhere) there have been comments from Cordis Die:

The keys are in good hands my friends.

CordiisDie 15 hours ago 9

this channel is gay get a life

devone928 16 hours ago

*(In response to comment above)

Life is long my friend 10 minutes is nothing.

CordiisDie in reply to devone928 16 hours ago 19

Sorry to keep editing, prefer that rather than posting a new reply!!!

That's a fake channel, notice it's spelt "cordIIs die" the real channel is this http://www.youtube.com/cordisdie

The magazine cover states Raul Menendez is a 60 year old Nicaraguan. The man in the video appears to be a little bit older, but not by much. It's hard to make out the date on the magazine, but it appears to be 2025.

Cordis Die, or "The Heart" appears to be some sort of revolutionary movement sweeping across America. Raul Menendez is the supposed "savior" of the 99%, sparking a revolt against the 1% of the people (corporations and governments) that run this country.

However it appears that "Raul Menendez" is only using this revolt for his own agendas. Perhaps "The Heart" has an alternate meaning for striking at "the heart" of America.

The date on the magazine would definitely make sense, because if you look about the date joined on Cordis Die's youtube channel, you can see the following;

Latest Activity: June 16th, 2025
Date joined: June 25th, 2014

The magazine has the date "August, 2021" and let's judge that the magazine is not from the time of the news report.

"That their leader will wipe them out"

I think that "Will" is the keyword here. He hasn't done so yet, but he will in the future. Also, during the Black Ops 2 gameplay demo, David Mason looks to his watch-utility-gadget-thing and the date says "October 2025" which has made me skeptical that Woods' heart shaped pendant has some significance in starting the war. Any thoughts on this?

I think that "Will" is the keyword here. He hasn't done so yet, but he will in the future. Also, during the Black Ops 2 gameplay demo, David Mason looks to his watch-utility-gadget-thing and the date says "October 2025" which has made me skeptical that Woods' heart shaped pendant has some significance in starting the war. Any thoughts on this?

I have a feeling that Raul killed someone to get the pendant, this could be a high end figure like a president, Masons wife? OR even A. Mason. If I'm right (from what people have said + memory) Mason had a daughter with a young woman. Maybe this pendant is of them? Cause we have no idea what these two have been through as of yet (have we?).

Cause there are a lot of possibilities but I like this idea that it started the war. The 1%s leader (A.Mason) has been killed leading to an outrage or something. Thing is I want to know what the whole 99% thing is about.

I have a feeling that Raul killed someone to get the pendant, this could be a high end figure like a president, Masons wife? OR even A. Mason. If I'm right (from what people have said + memory) Mason had a daughter with a young woman. Maybe this pendant is of them? Cause we have no idea what these two have been through as of yet (have we?).

Cause there are a lot of possibilities but I like this idea that it started the war. The 1%s leader (A.Mason) has been killed leading to an outrage or something. Thing is I want to know what the whole 99% thing is about.

But then again, maybe it's not Raul that killed anyone for the pendant, in fact, maybe it is indeed Mason who is giving Woods the pendant.

If you look at the facial structure, they both have very similar eyebrow structure, and what not. Also, if you look at the date of the Vault entry in the reveal trailer, and the villain trailer, it is the same date, and telling from the scenario outside, that it is the same time of day. Woods is speaking to that man, either Mason, Menendez, or whoever, like he knows them, so there are really 2 options; either Woods had become friendly with Menendez, and they have known each other, or that man is indeed Alex Mason. Also, the man looks about the age that Mason would be. If not, it can be Menedez, who at the time would be around 65 years old. The age aspect is more plausible, but even so, this would require Menendez and Woods to have known each other.

When Menendez approaches him, Woods doesn't look happy. It is definitely not a friendly meeting. More than likely Raul used his connections and Messiah status to make his way to meet Woods. I'm going to make an educated guess and say that something happened in the 80's between them and the handing down of the pendant symbolizes the start of something new.

This man cannot be Mason. A 92 year old man would not have that much brown hair at all. Seeing as both Frank and Alex went through wars, it doesn't make sense for Woods to be in that much of a worse condition that Mason.

I'm thinking that Menendez was in the Black Ops storyline, somewhat like what they did with Yuri, hidden in the background.

So, it's possible he was affected by the nova gas, either from the testing or exposure etc. From this, he could want revenge on world leaders for causing such a massacre to happen, or at least nearly happen... possibly...

I doubt it has something to do with Black Ops, just because of the fact they are going to be telling the story from two different story lines. Cold War and 2025. They will more than likely be revealing what happened to this Villain during the Cold War to change him into the "terrorist" he is in 2025.

well lets compare this villan with mason:

[ Image ][ Image ]

there is some similarity i believe. maybe the pendant is something that come out during the 80's section of the game....?

I also suspected he looks a little like Mason. Remember Mason was brainwashed, so he could be a shadow of his self.... his descent could be witnessed through the flashbacks.

well lets compare this villan with mason:

[ Image ][ Image ]

there is some similarity i believe. maybe the pendant is something that come out during the 80's section of the game....?

I also suspected he looks a little like Mason. Remember Mason was brainwashed, so he could be a shadow of his self.... his descent could be witnessed through the flashbacks.

Perhaps a clone they failed to destroy? It could explain the scars.

Maybe this sounds crazy but what if the end of Black Ops actually wasn't the end of black ops?

As we know Mason was brainwashed and was believed different things e.g. Victor Reznov was with him... maybe the last mission or so in black ops was actually an projection of what could have happened/what we thought happened? Now we're playing the consequences. Perhaps this is Mason!!! (ok maybe this does sound a little crazy :mrgreen: it would be a good twist though).

Cause flashbacks are only what that person makes of them, so they could've been altered in Masons mind, we played was Mason thought perhaps not what really happened :o MIND BLOWN!

except the end of Black Ops wasn't a flashback that was live.

But, during the flashbacks, it was live to Mason, who believed that Reznov was actually there, so it seems reasonable that Black Ops didn't end at, well the end.

The final cutscene leading into Five does suggest that Mason killed JFK, but who knows? It could just be a bit of misdirection.

Hey guys Sgt. Frank Woods put up a video on his other channel

http://www.youtube.com/user/jamescburns123/

He put an analysis of the villain trailer. Some information he talked about was already known, but he gives a lot of hints to hidden things including the pendent and cordis die.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OqrG6hYs3jk&feature=plcp

look at it, do some research, I'm trying to find something but I'm not finding much. Hopefully someone who has the research done can help out filling in some gaps in the story.

Hey guys Sgt. Frank Woods put up a video on his other channel

http://www.youtube.com/user/jamescburns123/

He put an analysis of the villain trailer. Some information he talked about was already known, but he gives a lot of hints to hidden things including the pendent and cordis die.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OqrG6hYs3jk&feature=plcp

look at it, do some research, I'm trying to find something but I'm not finding much. Hopefully someone who has the research done can help out filling in some gaps in the story.

^Great find!!!

At 2:30 ish we see Raul near fire... what if he faked his death or even attempted suicide! Maybe one of the reasons he's 'disappeared'? Also I'm pretty surprised with how much detail the game has this time.

yea I was thinking about that too, I know that has something to do with the scar on his face, and it has to do with Woods. Maybe he left him to burn in a fire?

And does anyone also have any thoughts on Hudson? Where Hudson is, Mason and Weaver must be around too right? When we last heard of them, they were going to be "taken care of" so maybe they fleed to some place safe, or maybe they are still working undercover?

just some thought here :D