So, tell us your encounter with randoms. Good and bad.

Another Monday, I almost called in Sick because I was too tired and zombified to get to work but I don't want to use all my sickness allowance leaves and get written again by my manager. So I Woke up, got my Jugg(coffee) and sprinted to work. I looked at gas tank and it almost empty. Dammit, 9:02 and I am supposed to be at work at 9. Filled up Gas at Citgo across the street. Got to work at around 9:25 hoping none of my bosses would bump into me in lobby or elevator. Got lucky, Took my laptop (Mustang and sallys) out of the bag and started connecting power cables and my usb mouse as my coworker (randoms) approached me with a defect (issue) with email distribution not working correctly. Fixed it in 2 mins. And I am free again. I still need my Quick revive (Decaf coffee). So I will try and survive this email while I share my experience with randoms last night.

So I logged on to xbl to play with that one guy who was bitching "God, What happened to this site, no one wants to play with me ....bla bla bla..." :)

He did not show up. I end up playing game with randoms. Leaderboard on kino showed white guy(me in 50's) blue and green guy (20+) and yellow guy (63) ... I thought alright it would be fun.

All 4 bar conenctions, Nice. That player with 20+ opened m16 door too early and pissed off 60+ player. He quit at Round 17 after he went down and none of those 2 randoms revived him in 15 seconds, I was no way near him. So with Yellow player gone, green was going down a lot . Blue and I kept reviving him. I got bored and started trolling blue player who had the perfect record with no downs. He was very decent with his zombie skills, so I saw him going to mpl room with AK door shut for the box. I took all my zombies from spawn into mpl room and he started shooting. I hit the fire trap and he went down instantly, lmao. I went away from him just to troll him threw two monkeys and I finally revived him. I was surprised he did not rage quit. He got up and headed str8 to jugg, least that he know I was ready for another electric trap by juggy. He went down again. I end up killing him this time. lol. I downed myself in same electric trap just to show that I tried reviving him, I wanted to see what the green player is doing. Guess what? He had mule kick, yes after 10 downs he would still roll with mule kick and 3 Machine guns pack paunched. M16, HK and RPK all papped. He did good until the end of the round, and then my buddy started inviting me, I messaged these players saying I have to go and left, oops Host ended game , no hard feelings. Overall fun game with randies on xbox.

Next game with warddy an old friend and a streamer. I was not in mood to talk or live stream. Entire game no chat nothing because he forgot to close the part chat till last round so I couln't even hear what he said. 2 randoms with their highs on 20+ on ascension perfect. I had a very rough 2-3 bar connection because he was streaming and he doesnt have a very good speed, I forgot to be a host like we always do. I had very good game going until monkeys stole my mule kick and jugg.They almost took away phd flopper so I started shooting my mustang and sallys from MP5k the 1337 way (watch ragyunxzomb's video) and it worked. I was able to distract the monkeys and they moved away from machine. I lost my ballistics (mule kick) My friend warddy was doing a challenge (no quick revive) and he was on his hunt to get 55 revives. He was rolling with thunder gun. We had a new situation two of those randoms went down. One in pap room and other in stamin up . I was in spawn room recovering from my previous down that took away everything and left me with no money, the game was quite laggy. I threw gersch in hope that I would get close to player by pap room and I did. I landed in mule kick room. I jumped down the hole in wall, sprinted the guy that was lying by the BOX next to turret by pap meanwhile the second guy stamin up had 20 seconds to live. I sprinted again to stamin up started reviving him and he died halfway. Me and war got there at same time and he tried to cover me with thunder gun and guess what , a thunder gun fail! I went down. He revived me and I have no money to even get jugg. I had 150 points and had no ammo on my mpl and sallys. I was in stamin up room. Those 2 randoms were on down fest. So my friend war went to revive them again. I threw two good timed nades after making a small train in stamin up room. Got 480, boarded two windows and got a m14 in spawn room until I made enough points to buy mpl again. I had enough to buy jugg, revive and flopper, as I was going to get flopper, I saw my friend war getting stuck by stairs and had another thundergun fail. I felt bad because I could have saved him if I had Mustang and sally ammo. I revived him , thanks to QR. He went to get the guy in pap room and I went to get guy in spawn. He got hit twice by mp5k and fell down again. I revived that random and sprinted back to war and started reviving him, I was red but since I had QR i revived him. War, while downed saw me getting swarmed with zombs and started shooting sallys mid way as I was reviving him. Those 2 randoms went down again. So I went down and war shot himself with sallys and that's how the game was over. I am going to leave you with this. It's a highlight from war's stream. If anyone is curious his Twitch address is twitch.tv/warddy72. I love watching myself as third player. Also It felt good not to stream while I am playing a game, no pressure :) and no distraction from the stream.

http://www.twitch.tv/wardaddy72/b/324216457

So, tell us your encounter with randoms. Good and bad.

• Replies 11
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I don't play with randoms. I only ever play Zombies when I got others. But there was this one time...

Me and my friends were really struggling to find a 4th guy to do the Shangri La Easter Egg with, so we just went into a random game and asked people whether they knew the Egg or not. After a few times backing out of the lobby, we got a guy who knew what he was doing, and was fine with being told what to do. Not a bad experience if you ask me :P

Logged on, three random kids (I think they were all in one party) they started to just scream in their mics and run around wasting all their ammo, screaming "ZOMBIES OMG ZOMBIES!". I think they were genuinely scared. I managed to carry them (on Der Riese) to about 15, I was doing really well since I got all the points, then one of the kids moms comes on and he starts whining really bad and stuff then he quits and then everyone else is like "OMG WERE SCREWED" and quits, if at least one person stayed I could have topped my Der Riese round easily. :facepalm:

Good stories Way, although I would have been pissed if I had been the blue guy on kino! :lol:

Anyways my experience with randoms has always been a mixed bag. I end up playing with randoms quite frequently actually. If I go on to play and I have no friends on, I wont hesitate jumping into a random lobby.

That being said I've had great games with randoms and horrible games. I've had games that have gone great and actually made friends in random lobbies. My highs on SNN (40 started w/ 4 ended w/ 2) and Moon (37 w/ 4 suicide) were both random lobbies.

However more times than not you get stuck with bunch of loads that make you want to pull your hair out. I have more stories than I can count about bad randoms (not to mention that COTD is now unplayable with randoms because they only want to glitch :roll: ) but I will tell one recent encounter.

The map was kino, everyone in the lobby had a mic except the green guy. People were talking and everyone was 20+ so I decided to give it a go.

We start: me and the two mics are talking and getting along. I take the top window, all of a sudden I turn around and notice green guy standing behind me just staring.

"ok, thats weird," I think to myself. He leaves, a few minutes later I here blue guy yelling at him. He's stealing blues kills. Later white guy starts bitching at him because he left his window open and white got downed.

Around round four, he randomly jumps in front of me and starts taking my kills. Now usually when I get a window stealer I'll leave right then, but the rest of the team was getting along so I decided to stay. Now shortly after he's goes down. I make a point of doing the quickly tapping revive to try to make him die. Blue feels bad and gets in the revive.

The game continues, basically we all came to the conclusion that green had no idea how to play the game. He didnt know where windows or guns were and would frequently get downed by a zombie in the back because of a stationary playstyle.

Finally we get ready to open the power. I jump down initiate the link, grab jugg, and run into the lobby where I link the pad and grab quick revive.

I'm running the lobby as the stage gets too crowded with randoms. I got a train going, suddenly green appears. He teleported instantly by himself. With not enough points to upgrade.

The game continues, and we are nearing 20. Green teleports by himself everytime I hit the link. Now all three of the players are getting downed frequently. I hit the box and get ballistics. Perfect!

I run to the stage look around, green is somewhere else. Initiate link. Run back and link the pad. I'm running to the stage almost there, and I see green teleport by himself. F*CKKKKKKKKKK.

I decide to screw him over. Make a large hoard in the lobby. Green gets teleported in, hoard downs him within seconds. At the same time white and blue both go down. I wrap my hoard around for a second and decide to peek out to the stage. blue and white are both down right next to each other in the theater. They are surrounded by crawlers and nova crawlers as they blasted their zombies with the ray guy.

I jump and dodge the crawlers and run towards the stage. No defib god dammit. I run my hoard back towards the stage to try another pass. It seems a little lighter but I dont think much about it. I take a peek, looks pretty clear. Start reviving blue and white at the same time. I start taking hits from the crawlers. Dammit got to go, blue and white tell me to just survive and accept their death. As I'm running back to lobby I hit 5 crawlers at the doorway. Turns out green had a ray gun and made a bunch crawlers from my hoard. I get sandwiched, game over.

My advice, if you want to have a good game with randoms, make sure you get a lobby where everyone has a mic and seems friendly. Even one non-talker can make a good game go bad.

I always back out of a game if the players have a score of 20+. If I'm playing with randoms, I'm going in for a revive-fest :lol:

Played some FIVE with randoms last week, none of which spoke a word of English.

The host (white player) ran off upstairs on his own, I ran the labs and the 2 guys in the middle kept going down, the white player would not budge so it was my job to keep teleporter-hopping to get the revives. 17 revives by the time round 15 rolled on :lol:

I went down at round 25 due to some stupid teleporter glitch that teleporter me into a bunch of zombies, I didn't have any defensive weapon for the whole game so I had no chance. Died out and found out the white player had been using a god-mode hack :roll: he was surrounded by zombies and blasting them all with the Ray Gun without taking a single hit, so I left the game.

The love and hate affairs with randoms. I have had my shares of disappointments, but there are good silid randoms out there capable of providing entertaining games.

Forest Gump once said "randoms are like a box of chocolates, you never know what you are gonna get."

I play more alert and more conservative when playing with randoms. Usually takes me a few rounds to see how they play. From their movements and which doors they open or not open you can sense their game. Some are downright awful or selfish, some are intelligent or decisive. Just yesterday I hooked up with one good random to reach 25 in COTD, and my previous high was 8. His high was 32 and was very observant of my game and always offered help. I can list many first encounters with my now PS3 friends.

But overall going into random lobbies in hopes of finding good randoms is equivalent of going to Walmart looking for your future wife.

Good luck.

"So I logged on to xbl to play with that one guy who was bitching "God, What happened to this site, no one wants to play with me ....bla bla bla..."

He did not show up."

Haha who's that loser?

I mostly have bad memories. Most of the time the randoms are crap and kill me. Although I did get my record on Der Riese with 4 randoms, one quit and there were 3 left who were actually really good. Other than that it's always hard to get past round 15.

I had two really good encounters.

The first was where I was playing "Five" with three other people. Turned out that two of them were splitscreening, but they each had their own profile. Turned out that they were husband and wife. That's awesome; I hope one day I can get a wife to play Zombies with me. But anyway, they were really nice. Sure, they were a bit superstitious (Don't kill the Pig!), but they meant real well. They would also never leave a teammate down. Unfortunately, something came up that I had to do immediately, which took roughly 20 minutes. This is unusual for me to do. I hate it when others do it, and I hated that I had to do it. But they actually left a crawler and waited for me! We died the next Round, but I added them, and they introduced me to their group, where we'd get together and play matches often. Unfortunately, we haven't played much lately.

Another time was when I was playing Verruckt with this kid. Yes, kid. Most people hate the kids, but it is just stereotype. This kid turned out to be very nice and smart. He knew how to play the game better than many adults, and he is always open to suggestions. We play sometimes, and if others berate him, I always stick up for him. The only downside is that he still has a bedtime :P

oMzgr_r9dh4

It's Friday, I went home for lunch to have some really tasty Indian style Biryani (Rice with chicken). Back to office and finished my work early. Our Go live date has been post phoned for good 6 months. Relief.

Last night, I started a game around 10:30pm with BeastingSolo/Tesseract but my internet was so acting goofy so had to reset the modem and it was good after.

11:30pm, First game with randoms, all mid 20's. 2 end up quitting early and the last one got me killed in Jugg room after I revived him. Anyways game over at round 10 :)

Second game, same story but 2 randoms quit because they saw the white player get thundegun out of the box at round 12ish. Had 2 downs entire game, one because my controller batteries died and second because i hit the middle button on xbox accidentally. I think I got maybe 16 revives. We end up playing till 36 and suicided cuz it was 2:30am for me. Rocked mustang and sally only the entire game until 30ish and decided to go for shotguns/snipers out of box to make things interesting. Stayed mostly with the other guy at flopper for faster spawns since he preferred to stay there. For a while at round 32, I was actually training in Flopper room :) Got some decent revives except this one by stake out was unbeleivable. Got lucky, did some quick thinking and mustang and sally to the rescue AGAIN. Well find that train paid out.

Here is an entire video from my twitch. I'll probably cut a montage sometime soon when I have more footage from this randy candy.

http://www.twitch.tv/mwa2012/b/324739908

P.S: Very good post by Murder, I want to see more posts from you like this :)

Adios.

Could not sleep last night/this morning so I played some video games.

Wanted to find someone with a solid record on Moon to improve my own score of 25. Went into a game with two randoms at 31 and 12, thinking to myself "get me mustang and sally, jug and flopper and I can run by M16". Right away the 31 quit leaving me with 12. Having watched Superhand's revive video I tried to do the same assuming the 12 is pretty bad. With my luck I died trying to quick knife kill a zombie while the 12 waited at the pad. From the telepad he gathered enough points to buy jug and teleported with 1700+ points to the moon while I looked like a moron trying to show him how to play. Had he gotten a decent start he could have PAPed. After NML he was a different person, constantly disappearing and going down. The map is so big and I was only able to revive him a few times out of 12-13. By round 22 I had 800+ kills and he had 100+. Last unsuccessful revive got me tangled with the astro, teleported to the quick revive room with no jug, no box, and was forced to trade in hacker for PES. Both tunnels were breached. Did not hit 25 but shattered previous points and kills total.

Afterwards played Call of the dead. Three randoms at 22, 19, and 15, with 22 quit after two rounds. I went down twice within the first 5 rounds and got revived by 19 and 15 so feel obligated to return the favor. Fast forward to round 22, and 20 revives later. The 15 makes killing George his personal goal, constantly hitting him with ray gun, scavenger, matryska dolls, and mustang and sally. 19 has a habit of following me from time to time, whether I go inside the tower or by AK or spawn area. I went down for the third and final time at 22, after many attempts to tell them to 1. leave George alone, and 2. stop following me. I quit after going down because George was pissed and 19 running near me. I raged quit (uncharacteristic of me and heat of the moment.) Soon I got a message from 19 telling me it was classless and should have told them to suicide for the record. I told him it was not intentional, I was not aware of being the host and apologized for it. But I also told him he did not earn the co-op record, I revived him number of times throughout the game and kept the game going. He told me to F myself.

Very very entertaining morning of games for me, until I got grounded again. I have a deal with Mrs. Jay that I promise to not play in front of my son to avoid being a bad influence, and he caught me this morning. Part of the reason why I quit after going down.

Spent over an hour last night playing with 3 randoms on kino going really well.

we were up to round 22, I had all perks, over 20K points, upgraded Ray-gun and RPK, most kills, most headshots, 0 downs and over 20+ revives. It was also my highest ever co-op round so far and id say we could easily of gone 30+ Rounds due to the other competent player doing well being the host so a host ending game didnt look likely.

And then, with things going so well, my Xbox just disconnects from Live. out of nowhere, and then I could sign straight back in after. absolutely fuming about it. so no new leaderboard score for me either now