Jay's Zombie Guide For Dummies

With the Master Zombie Guide 2 soon to release, I will present to you the appetizer.

First of all its ok to not fully comprehend to Master Zombie Guide or Complete Solo Guide. When I first started playing I was grateful to have those two guides. But no matter how much I reread and study the guides I had trouble with the execution. Here is a much simpler and easier for the beginners.

Zombie 101-Learn head shots.

By round two or three zombies will start to get tougher to knife, you want to learn to aim and shoot toward their heads. Regardless of map you will find automatic machine guns after the first door. Aim machine guns at heads for quicker easier kills plus point building. Aim assist will aim your cross fire at zombie's chest, move up slightly for the head shots. Once you get comfortable with head shots you want to line them up for head shots. Sexiest thing you ever witness.

Zombie 102-Be wise with your points.

With head shots points will come fast, but learn how to spend your points. Use the investment approach, spending only when necessary, or if it garner you more points. Buying jug is a great investment, buying bowie on round 21 is not. PAP your AK on round 7 is not good investment, as it wastes thousands of potential points without giving you much results. As a noob I make jug my first priority. Save up to open all the doors to power and jug.

Zombie 103-Learn to move.

Once you master the first two you should have no problem to round ten, where things get interesting. There are different terms floating on grouping zombies, circling, training, kiting, among many others. The idea is to escape from zombies, and grouping them in the process. Many of the moves require much practice and experience to completely master. Best to check out Tom's looping guide for complete analysis.

djsL5gG8B6o

Zombies 104-Upgrade your weapons.

With the first three skills you can now reach the teens, time to upgrade your weapons. Based on the map there are different weapons available. You may hit the mystery box for a mystery weapon for 950 points. Some weapons are far superior, some are absolutely crap. Refer back to 102 for box spending. There is also the PAP machine, which would magically upgrade each weapon for 5000. Personally I prefer to wait until the twenties to upgrade, using point gathering machine guns in the process. With stronger weapons you can easily reach the twenties.

Zombies 105-Ammo Consumption

In the mid twenties you will start to feel the ammo scarcity issues. Only wall weapons are replenishable, making ammo the #1 issue at this point. Most people use one wall weapon for the easy ammo, some recycle box weapons, meaning use what you get from the box until you run out of ammo. After mid twenties never ever ever ever fire any ammo into one zombie. You want to bunch them up to conserve ammo. Some maps offer max ammo opportunities every few rounds, be sure to incorporate that into your ammo strategy.

Zombies 106- Stay alive

At this point you have the basic skills to reach round 30. The game at this point is nothing new, just keep repeating what got you there. Keep patient and stay disciplined with your execution. Greed will lead to unnecessary downs. Get familiar with your surroundings. There are many times I struggle with new maps and turn around to earn my co-op scores the next day.

For more tips and guides refer to Tom's quick tips.

http://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PL ... ature=plcp

For Easy round 15 quick set up check out Superhand's super start series.

http://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PL ... ature=plcp

You are ready to play with all the big names, thanks for reading.

• Replies 13
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

My main advice is to not try and imitate the videos, but instead stick to six or seven tips, like Jay has outlined here. That's a guide for beginners written by someone who's beginning days aren't as close as he likes to think. Jay, do you mind if I use your text for part of the Master Zombies Guide 2.0. It's an excellent preface to one of the guides. This guide is a living document and will adapt to great work such as this. A +1 is sadly the most I can give.

[tab][/tab]Take your time, don't rush, and stick to the rules. You may ask yourself why other people do all these crazy things but remember that they too once followed the rules. Once you know the rules, you can break them. A guide like this will begin to teach you those rules. Good luck.

Ehj~

Thanks, and sure if you feel it goes with the overall guide.

I play with my son a lot, and he is still in the noob stage of zombies. I have "taught" him what had helped me and he is slow to absorb. He is a lurker on this site and I wrote it for his benefits, but I'm sure this will be helpful to anyone struggling to make it to 30.

As I recall the different stages of my growth I can identify what set of skills I was lacking. With this check list it should be clearer to pinpoint what is missing from your game. If you fail on pre-teen what should you work on, and if you struggle on 20 what might help you.

Happy zombie killing.

Great work Jay, it seems there are still a lot of players who haven't gotten to grips with the basics and this should help them on their way. You can say that people know all of this stuff all you want, but if that was the case there wouldn't be so many god-awful players out there that do the following:

*Buy a wall gun as soon as round 1 starts

*Open doors at the wrong time

*Blow all of their points on the box before they even consider buying perks

*Blame their 20th down by round 10 on "needing a better gun" while you're not going down despite only having SMGs

*Refuse to co-operate or follow a strategy and instead choose to run around the map like a headless chicken, getting in everyone's way and therefore getting themselves and other players killed simultaneously

I hate to be rude, but isn't most of this common knowledge?

Get headshots

Be wise with points

move/run trains

pack-a-punch at high rounds

Ammo will be scarce later on

Stay alive?

I mean, I love ya Jay, but again, does anyone really not know this? :oops:

Hard to argue against the lord of the flies.

When I started playing back in November I always buy the Olympia and consider buying Stakeout an achievement. The truth is, it took me almost three months to reach round 10 because no one taught me how this game is supposed to be played. I came across Superhand's Five 40+ guide and must have read the complete solo guide and the Master Zombie Guide 2-3 hundred times each before I realize how to play. I was so naive I was afraid to open any doors in fear of "stronger faster zombies" not knowing they gradually gain those powers each round. With each skill set I raised my solo highs, eventually learned how to play co-op. These basic skills are so basic they are nowhere to be found. For a newbie like myself I wished the superstart series were available back then. Like I said previously this is a guide for the dummies, and especially for my son who is still having trouble grasping the headshots.

I apologize to Superhand, Eye and Tom for referencing their master pieces. And anyone who wasted valuable time reading this.

I apologize to Superhands, Eye and Tom for referencing their master pieces. And anyone who wasted valuable time reading this.

As I've said, this is a good, useful piece of work here. If one person doesn't see the point in it then, oh well. I for one can certainly see it's merit, as I'm sure a lot of us here can. I know that someone as knowledgeable as Eye wouldn't ask to add it to the MZG2 if it wasn't valuable information.

Those 3 are very basic and VERY under estimated points most people tend to forget. Learning to save your points can be very useful, although I have to disagree with head shots part. It is not compulsory to survive but its an added bonus for points. But for survival points and learning to run trains when needed are utmost necessary as pointed out by Jay.

I'd take Jay's Guide over Eye's and Super's guides any day and **** on Tom's videos. Not really but you get the point. Do you need a hug now Jay ;)