Maxis is not the one being shot in the last radio!

To be honest I think Maxis was not the one shot, which doesn't mean he's not dead, but look at it from this point of view:

Groph or Schuster shot at Sam, feeling in danger because they know what the M.P.D is capable of and because Maxis told Samantha to kill them all. If you listen carefully you can hear Maxis yelling no AFTER the shot. He could be yelling no because they shot Samantha (which didn't kill her). Maxis could have been killed by anyone, even Sam. If Sam killed her father, then just to bring him to Aether. The hissing noise, that you think is Maxis's soul being sucked in, is the pyramid closing! Samantha then goes on a rampage because her father asked her to kill them all.

Thanks for your time and I'm not saying this is what really happened but it is a very interesting theory in my eyes!

Feel free to leave your ideas here guys! An I'm grateful for every brains!

• Replies 8
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Administrators

I have thought the same thing, I posted that back in May and it makes sense: viewtopic.php?f=72&t=22112&p=220720#p214389

So Maxis gets Samantha to open the machine after apologizing to her, and when she opens it she is crying. After that, Maxis says to kill them all, and a gunshot is heard. What if, and just hear me out, it is actually someone shooting at Samantha since the pyramid isn't closed yet. They shoot at her, causing Maxis to yell no, and Sam laughs triumphantly. Dr. Groph then says that "We are doomed" because they couldn't stop Sam.

However, Sam does have a quote in Moon about him dying and it is making me think that perhaps he is the one shot because he told her to kill them all.

I have thought the same thing, I posted that back in May and it makes sense: viewtopic.php?f=72&t=22112&p=220720#p214389

So Maxis gets Samantha to open the machine after apologizing to her, and when she opens it she is crying. After that, Maxis says to kill them all, and a gunshot is heard. What if, and just hear me out, it is actually someone shooting at Samantha since the pyramid isn't closed yet. They shoot at her, causing Maxis to yell no, and Sam laughs triumphantly. Dr. Groph then says that "We are doomed" because they couldn't stop Sam.

However, Sam does have a quote in Moon about him dying and it is making me think that perhaps he is the one shot because he told her to kill them all.

True i would have to say that Maxis was shot because. but there is one thing i don't understand, how on earth did Maxis get into the machine. AKA the terminal that Richtofen used to talk to Robo-Maxis. :lol:

• Administrators

True i would have to say that Maxis was shot because. but there is one thing i don't understand, how on earth did Maxis get into the machine. AKA the terminal that Richtofen used to talk to Robo-Maxis. :lol:

I'm thinking that his soul went into the MPD and Sam redirected him to the computers, but that also goes against the "Where's daddy?" quote, so the whole thing in general confuses me.

• 1 month later...

Well, it's been a while now, but I listened to the audio reel over and over again and seriously I think my theory is the most reasonable one.

Come on, Maxis knew more than he showed, he made research about vril and somehow he knew the M.P.D would allow Sam to be in aether, plus he knew being in aether meant having a catastrophic power! He somehow knew how to get to aether too, or in the computer.. Maxis knew or knows more than we think...

• 1 month later...
  • Administrators

I understand where you are coming from, and I think it does make sense. I tend to go back and forth, but I personally don't believe he was the one shot. Some people say it was Richtofen who killed Maxis, but I'm not sure about that, I have to hear that out a bit more.

I feel that when Groph said "We are doomed." or whatever along those lines, it was because the shot didn't kill Sam and he realized everyone screwed. So yeah basically I do agree with you.

• 3 months later...

I understand where you are coming from, and I think it does make sense. I tend to go back and forth, but I personally don't believe he was the one shot. Some people say it was Richtofen who killed Maxis, but I'm not sure about that, I have to hear that out a bit more.

I feel that when Groph said "We are doomed." or whatever along those lines, it was because the shot didn't kill Sam and he realized everyone screwed. So yeah basically I do agree with you.

But I want my body back, and I will destroy that evil Richtofen for taking daddy away! - Samantha Maxis

So......where does this fit in with the "Sam-got-shot" theory?

• 2 weeks later...

But I want my body back, and I will destroy that evil Richtofen for taking daddy away! - Samantha Maxis

So......where does this fit in with the "Sam-got-shot" theory?

Sams body was always preserved, correct? So maybe she had a kind of god mode thing when she was shot at.

When she says the thing about Richtofen maybe she's on about the fact how she bought her dad into the Aether but then Richtofen took her out of it which took her away from her dad :)

• 1 month later...