Do you like it Simple? Or Complex?

Some people think that zombies is getting out of hand, with it's 'Boss zombies' And Easter Eggs, But I personally disagree. I loved the challenge of the easter eggs and the prizes you were given for your hardwork. Sure if players want simple maps like Nacht and Verruckt, they should be allowed to have that, but I think Treyarch should make a mix of a simple and a complex map in one. This doesn't make much sense so I'll go into detail lol. I mean, that maps should have decent camping areas, for the simple-loving players, and Open areas with traps and stuff for the complex-loving players. I also think that the boss zombies is a decent idea. I'm not saying there you should be 5 different types of mega zombies, but I do think they're should be atleast 3 that are unique and not as easy to kill but in different ways. But this is just my opinion.

• Replies 13
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Personally, I love all the changes and new features that has been added as Nazi Zombies has grown into what it is today.

You walk the line when you implement change. If you don't add anything new, people will get bored and complain. Add too much and the regular players will get upset and complain. The key is finding a good medium, which I believe Treyarch has done extremely well.

I can't wait to see what's to come in the biggest seasons of Zombies yet!

Oh, and welcome to CoDz! You've come here right in time! :)

The complexity is was keeps the game from becoming stale. The more they mess around with little things like Easter eggs & other minor gameplay changes, without changing the progressive wave based formula that has made zombies popular, they will broaden the appeal to more gamers and keep the series veterans interested.

Some changes are good and add a bit of diversity to the game. For example, George can be a pain in the ass, but he can also benefit you greatly.

Whereas things like the Shriekers in Shangri La, and the diggers and astronaut in Moon seem to serve no purpose apart from pissing you off.

I don't like it however when they take away things that made the game what it is. Boss rounds broke up the gameplay and enabled you to get through the rounds quicker so it doesn't become so monotonous. Also traps where obviously very useful and allowed diversity in play-styles. It just seems like the further the game progresses, the more the players are forced to play a certain way, which isn't the way to bring in larger audiences.

While I agree with you about the traps & boss rounds, I hope they atleast change up the way they are incorperated. Instead of dogs every 5 rounds, you could get teleported into an area like Nml (except harder) and just for survive for 5 minutes. Atleast that way it's still speeding up the rounds, but also changing enough so it doesn't become stale. No man's land is proof (for me atleast) that changing the way you play can sometimes be a breath of fresh air. For every bad idea they have, they manage to come up with two awesome gameplay elements

Personally, i love it simple, yet a little challenge. I believe Ascension is the highest difficulty it should get. Then again, its due to the fact that i don't like to take the time to check out all the secrets and walkways in the map because im so anxious to play. But i think Treyarch just may go a little too far in the new game...

Personally, i love it simple, yet a little challenge. I believe Ascension is the highest difficulty it should get. Then again, its due to the fact that i don't like to take the time to check out all the secrets and walkways in the map because im so anxious to play. But i think Treyarch just may go a little too far in the new game...

It's going to be interesting to see if Treyarch just continues the pattern of making bigger and bigger maps or of they learn to dial things back a bit. I'd imagine the 8 player map will be quite large.

Bigger isn't always better, and I hope Treyarch remembers that.

I always like to live by the phrase "Variety is the spice of life".

Yes, I don't want it to get too complex and see zombies turn into something completely foreign. But by adding a few things here and there, that's what makes zombies so great. I want to go in each new map expecting a something slightly different, or else what would be the point of buying and playing new maps if they were the same thing as every other map, but just with a different look?

Though I do also believe that every once in a while, they should throw in a simple map for the nostalgic players.

What I'm saying is that at this point, we have so many maps to play, and we will continue to get many more. So I think it's fair to say that it would be perfectly alright if they released a more simple maps similar to the likes of Verruct or SNN, maybe even Nacht, alongside new maps. That way you can still get your bigger and better maps, while also pleasing the fanbase that wants a more simple experience.

Or better still make the basic map's free to download and the core bigger more advanced map's with achievements be in the purchase dlc there for giving us both and a little treat for free and more importantly giving us more overall map's due the release structure as paid for dlc packs would be full of big map's not hindered by the small map's..

the only problem the new maps have is a lack or ambient creepiness. there have been no little easter eggs since ascension, and those were nothing new really. so that is why i am slowly losing interest. they just need to make the maps creepier with more small easter eggs i suppose.

• 2 weeks later...