Gamestop Preorder "Waves"

Alrighty guys, what's up? Shapeshifter here with a catalog/update on the Waves of pre-order bonuses offered by gamestop.

I updated the post with a description, so now we can only wait for the next wave.

WAVE 1

Securing your future purchase of Black Ops 2 during the first wave will net you an "exclusive, limited edition two-sided poster," as well as a Prestige token for Modern Warfare 3 and all of the subsequent pre-order bonuses offered during waves two, three and four.

Unlocked May 2nd.

WAVE 2

Pre-order now and get the Nuketown 2025 downloadable bonus map. Small and simple, yet lending itself to a variety of playstyles, the original Nuketown became an instant fan-favorite in Call of Duty: Black Ops. An arena-style map with unique art design, Nuketown promoted the type of fast-paced action that Call of Duty fans from around the world have come to love. Now re-imagined in a 60's depiction of the "Model Home of the Future", Nuketown 2025 is set to take that familiar close-quarters chaos into the future! For more information, visit Matuzz's thread

here.

Unlocked July 1st.

WAVE 3

You get to pick ONE of THREE UNIQUE pre-order bonuses, including a Quad-rotor Avatar prop for 360 (or a theme for PS3), A chance to win a trip to Treyarch Studios, or a chance to win a Black Ops 2 themed Turtle Beach headset!

WAVE 4

Judging by the gamestopblackops2 website, will unlock October 7.

** Note, for Wave 3; the Turtle Beach offer SEEMS like you'll be getting them guaranteed, BUT it's just a sweepstakes entry. :(**

• Replies 97
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Administrators

:o I missed the poster?? BUMMER! That really sucks, perhaps I can find it on ebay or something. But I am excited to see what else they've got for us, at least this one doesn't expire. I'm just waiting to see the Hardened and Prestige editions of the game. When did they announce Black Ops'?

:o I missed the poster?? BUMMER! That really sucks, perhaps I can find it on ebay or something. But I am excited to see what else they've got for us, at least this one doesn't expire. I'm just waiting to see the Hardened and Prestige editions of the game. When did they announce Black Ops'?

How didn't you know about that ._.

• Administrators

Because I don't regularly check GameStop's website, I apologize for not doing so

Because I don't regularly check GameStop's website, I apologize for not doing so

BUT... It was all over the internet, and CoDz... ._.

• Administrators

Can someone explain this better to me?

If I pre-order it do I have to pay full cash immediately or can I pay it when the game is released? If so do I still get the items included in Wave 2/3/4?

When you preorder Black Ops 2 at Gamestop's across America, you are required to put a $5 down payment into Gamestop and you must pay the rest by the time you get the copy of the game in your hands, otherwise you do not get the game.

If you preorder now in a store, you still might be able to get the poster if they have any left over like they did at my store, which would mean you also get Wave 1. But regardless of Wave 1, preordering before this wave is over gets you waves 2/3/4.

• Administrators

Do you have to be a GameStop Power Up member to get the waves?

I'm sure you don't.If they did that then that would restrict a lot of customers. Plus they didn't promote it like that.

You don't. You only have to be a Power Up member to get the Prestige Token.

I'm sure you don't.If they did that then that would restrict a lot of customers. Plus they didn't promote it like that.

Word, thanks. My buddy had told me this (you need a membership), and it's why I've been holding out. Also for hardened/elite. I saw some kid tweet a developer asking if hardened/elite, though still unreleased/undated, will secure Nuketown 2025 and the dev said yes. Sooo I may hold out still, I know you can upgrade but I subtly don't trust GameStop for such important matters.

You don't. You only have to be a Power Up member to get the Prestige Token.

Ah yes, my friend must have been confused with this.

• 4 weeks later...

Heh... I didn't make it to the poster on time either, but at least we both still get to relive Treyarch's best map yet.

• 4 weeks later...

Not so lucky for the rest of us lol. Anyways I have some exciting news! When I finalized my pre-order (cause I don't like putting money down) the lady at the cash register told me the last wave would be some zombie DLC. I asked her to go into detail, but she just smiled and said

"Your lucky I've told you what I've told you. Jimmy would kill me if I told you about Avogadro's Law. Just know that it's going to be the best thing of Call of Duty yet"

I left the building smiling.