Gamestop Preorder "Waves"

• Replies 97
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm sorry, but how exactly do you go about choosing?

Btw, what crappy choices. Not one of them is tangible in the most remote sense.

1. Woo, an image of a fake helicopter on my Xbox that I will never otherwise see.

2. Woo, a 1/100000 chance of seeing the developers (once) at an event.

3. Woo, a 1/100000 chance of getting a headset.

I don't know. To me, it is not a matter of which is better. It is "Which is not so crappy?" With the second or third one, I'm pretty much guaranteed not to get it. I'd be better off getting the stupid avatar. But it's that small chance that gets you...

But this is a ridiculous "bonus". It'd be a bonus if they gave us all three things; they cheaped out. The first pre-order, the poster, was cool. It wasn't fantastic, but it was the first one, but it was still better than this. The second one was an actual map; now that is what pre-orders are about.

I want Zombie map pre-orders like last time.

EDIT: Maybe I was a bit harsh. Just saw Nuketown Zombies.

• 1 month later...

1. Woo, an image of a fake helicopter on my Xbox that I will never otherwise see.

I don't know. To me, it is not a matter of which is better. It is "Which is not so crappy?" With the second or third one, I'm pretty much guaranteed not to get it. I'd be better off getting the stupid avatar. But it's that small chance that gets you...

But this is a ridiculous "bonus". It'd be a bonus if they gave us all three things; they cheaped out. The first pre-order, the poster, was cool. It wasn't fantastic, but it was the first one, but it was still better than this. The second one was an actual map; now that is what pre-orders are about.

You mad bro????

So the free meaningless pre-order incentives aren't good enough for you? LOL. Maybe Vahn can come over and give you a foot massage on Nov 12, would that be a good enough pre-order bonus? Maybe Carbon can clean your room for week prior to the games release.

You mad bro????

So the free meaningless pre-order incentives aren't good enough for you? LOL. Maybe Vahn can come over and give you a foot massage on Nov 12, would that be a good enough pre-order bonus? Maybe Carbon can clean your room for week prior to the games release.

I'll take those pre-order bonuses. Carbon, I expect you in Mississippi the first week of November to hang out and clean my room.

So the first 3 waves are they not just different versions of the game, Preorder, Hardened and Care Package.

In the Uk, a normal pre order got you the poster & 2025 , a hardened pre order will get you the poster and Nuketown Zombies and 2025, then Care package got you poster and nuketown zombies and 2025 and the crappy chopper.

So WTF is Wave 4, I reckon Elite or some ghey US Exclusive Jank Fest limited edition freebie that will be disposed of within a week of release?

Any ideas for Wave 4?

Any ideas for Wave 4?

Im guessing Double XP or Unlocks (Like prestige tokens).

Definitely nothing major like Elite premium or more free DLC.

Mehh, who would get it? Or would be a last minute October to November pre order bonus or would every one who preordered regardless of what version they ordered receive Wave 4?

Mehh, who would get it? Or would be a last minute October to November pre order bonus or would every one who preordered regardless of what version they ordered receive Wave 4?

We've already seen that Gamestop doesn't have the exclusive right to give out BO2's preorder bonusses. 2025 comes with every preorder no matter what country or shop.

That's why im saying, it has to be something small to be GameStop only. Imagine the hate if something major like DLC or Elite came with GameStop only... :shock: Not happening ;). Elite premium is too expensive anyway to come with a 60$ game.

Gamestop is a joke and trying to up sell with their "waves" of pre-order bonus. I pre-ordered mine there back in June and went yesterday to change it to the Hardened but the claim Gamestop is sold out of them so I got my money back and went to Best Buy. Gamestop's "waves" are crap anyways and expect more of it today. I payed mine in full 4 months ago and they can't even get me a hardened edition!

i know it's kind of nerdy - but it would be super cool if they gave us like, zombies themed eclipse sunglasses for the lunar eclipse on november 13th. I remember when I was younger they had Flintstones in 3D and you got the cardboard cutout glasses from cereal boxes - loved those. and i remember making my own eclipse glasses in grade school.

anyway, super nerdy - but i'd rather interactive then some prop for my avatar.

Worst

bonus

ever

of all time

ugh, agreed. feels like they kind of gave up after nuketown 2025. and i'm certainly not complaining about free stuff, but i'd just rather something that is all around cool (like, say, a poster for nuketown 2025?) then a playercard background. plus i'm already getting a CE so why would I want to rock the playercard background that all the $5 pre-order kids have? and if I don't take that, then i have to choose between 2 prizes in a virtually un-winable contest. waves and contests should be separate things.

Worst

bonus

ever

of all time

ugh, agreed. feels like they kind of gave up after nuketown 2025. and i'm certainly not complaining about free stuff, but i'd just rather something that is all around cool (like, say, a poster for nuketown 2025?) then a playercard background. plus i'm already getting a CE so why would I want to rock the playercard background that all the $5 pre-order kids have? and if I don't take that, then i have to choose between 2 prizes in a virtually un-winable contest. waves and contests should be separate things.

Us UK guys got the Nuketown 2025 poster, It's weird the US didn't get it.