Ascension takes place after moon, and more

I've decided to compile all of my theories into one thread. Let's start with the first one.

1: Ascension takes place after the map "moon"

Firstly we know that five is happening at the same time as ascension. Well in Five you see four leaders discussing what? A missile crisis. To be more specific, the cuban missile crisis. Is it not possible that the missiles launched in the moon easter egg is what caused this meeting. No where in the cutscene does anyone accuse castro of anything.

Also, it seems a bit odd that Richtofen is wearing a space suit for this map, and then the next map back to his normal clothes. I believe that Richtofen, some time between moon and ascension, got his body back.

Lastly, and this will lead into my next theory, Dr Maxis is somehow controlling the zombies throughout the map.

2: Dr Maxis is alive, and somehow got control of the zombies. Samantha is trying to stop him.

Let me post the lyrics for "Abracadaver", my comments are in bold.

I can fly like a bird not in the sky

which can always swim and always dry

I say goodbye at night and morning hi

I'm part of you what am I

I follow and lead as you pass

dress yourself in black my darkness lasts

I flee the light but without the sun

Your view of me would be gone and

I can see the damage that

I am causing you is so benign

You want me to be gone

but I have just be-Gun

I am the only one undone

I'm a broken miracle now

In your head

Since when has Samantha ever sung in a metaphor? The part after the metaphor is talking about how Samantha is trying to stop Maxis from taking over the world, and how much he wants her gone. He made her feel like his "miracle" but now he's snubbing her. Fast forwarding now

It's killing me

to see I'm killing you

Clearly Samantha is talking here. I don't feel like she would say this to any of the zombie characters. She must be saying this to Maxis.

you see me now you

don't cry when I am

gone

She is VERY CLEARLY talking to Maxis here. After he was shot (not killed) all he cared about was revenge. He didn't care that his daughter was where she was. This might've been caused by what he saw after he teleported.

I can't give in

I won't give in

Trying to not give in, give Maxis control of the zombies.

Theory: Sometime between Moon and Ascension Maxis got control of the zombies, but Samantha did as well.

3: Samantha is half jewish, Maxis signed a deal with the Nazi party to protect her.

Why would Maxis choose to help the Nazis when his goal was to improve humanity? The reason is Samantha is jewish on her mom's side. Her mom was killed for being jewish.

More proof? If you listen to "Pareidolia" backwards, you can VERY CLEARLY here "Save me moses". This is the part of the song where she says "The loneliness is only missed when I am alone." That doesn't sound right, does it?

• Replies 8
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

It's a thought out theory, but I don't believe Maxis wants control of the dead, no Richtofen wants that. As for Abracadvre, i just think thats Sam feeling everything her army of the dead go through. She thinks its a game. Maxis wanted to stop him, and blowing up the Earth seemed logical at the time.

As for Ascension taking place after moon, i doubt it because it creates a paradox, now I believe paradoxes caused the Der Riese outbreak to spread through time via quantum rupturing etc etc. But I don't think Ascension came after moon, simply because the characters in Ascension are teleported to Siberia(I think) after freeing Gersch, then in shangrila, another quantum tear opens and throws them to Area 51. If you think its goes Ascension, Moon, Shangri-La, Call of the Dead... it just doesnt make sense im afraid.

But it's a good effort, and you spent some time on this it seems, so keep it up.

It's a thought out theory, but I don't believe Maxis wants control of the dead

He might not of at first, but it's possible he went crazy due to either where he teleported or just from twenty years of isolation.

She thinks its a game.

Apparently richtofen does too. I'm saying when they're in the pyramid, they turn crazy. Possibly Dr Maxis was in there all the time, egging Samantha on and somehow overpowering Richtofen.

i doubt it because it creates a paradox

It doesn't. How did the group get to ascension from kino then? Ascension does not have a teleporter. You start the map riding on a lunar lander. Which isn't in Kino.

Ascension, Moon, Shangri-La, Call of the Dead...

I'm saying the whole order goes verruct > shi no numa > der riese > kino > call of the dead > shangri la > moon> BO2 maps > Ascension

I've decided to compile all of my theories into one thread. Let's start with the first one.

1: Ascension takes place after the map "moon"

Firstly, I don't mean to be a jerk, but I've heard this theory time and time again. And well, it's wrong.

Firstly we know that five is happening at the same time as ascension. Well in Five you see four leaders discussing what? A missile crisis. To be more specific, the cuban missile crisis. Is it not possible that the missiles launched in the moon easter egg is what caused this meeting. No where in the cutscene does anyone accuse castro of anything.

Some of us in this forum have determined that that meeting occurred on October 23, 26, or 27, or 6, 7, 8, or 12, 1963 at 3:00 PM. The Cuban Missile Crisis occurred the following year. Why have the meeting then? Well, politics are slow. Things may have also had to cool down before negotiations were met. And they didn't point fingers at Castro because that is very bad diplomatics. Also, we don't KNOW exactly when Moon was. All we know is that it was sometime between 1960 and the future. That's a pretty big gap, most of it which is after 1963, so you can't assume they would know about it, even though technically possible. But even if they did, they'd be dead.

Also, it seems a bit odd that Richtofen is wearing a space suit for this map, and then the next map back to his normal clothes. I believe that Richtofen, some time between moon and ascension, got his body back.

Eh... While it's not exactly clear cut, I think he was getting that to prepare for going to Griffin Station on the Moon, but it turned out to be unecessary with all the P.E.S.'s everywhere.

Lastly, and this will lead into my next theory, Dr Maxis is somehow controlling the zombies throughout the map.

But the idea of map rotation is an old one, an outdated one. The maps occur in order. That's just it. Not chronologically time-wise, but chronologically story-wise. The characters go from SSN to Der Riese to Kino to "Five"/Ascension to CotD to Shangri-La to Moon. It's always been that way. There is no rhyme nor reason to change. No map is a prequal to another. Treyarch always continues the story further, not draws it back.

2: Dr Maxis is alive, and somehow got control of the zombies. Samantha is trying to stop him.

Well I agree he is still alive... sorta. We can hear in Moon Radio 5 that he was shot and killed. However, while doing the Easter Egg, you can hear him. But you only ever hear him out of the computer monitor or intercoms. Richtofen also says quotes like "How on Earth did you get into the machine?" and "And delete. Goodbye, Dr. Maxis." Dr. Maxis had an extensive history with computer software for his time. Apparently he built an A.I. of himself.

Let me post the lyrics for "Abracadaver", my comments are in bold.

I can fly like a bird not in the sky

which can always swim and always dry

I say goodbye at night and morning hi

I'm part of you what am I

I follow and lead as you pass

dress yourself in black my darkness lasts

I flee the light but without the sun

Your view of me would be gone and

I can see the damage that

I am causing you is so benign

You want me to be gone

but I have just be-Gun

I am the only one undone

I'm a broken miracle now

In your head

Since when has Samantha ever sung in a metaphor? The part after the metaphor is talking about how Samantha is trying to stop Maxis from taking over the world, and how much he wants her gone. He made her feel like his "miracle" but now he's snubbing her. Fast forwarding now

It's killing me

to see I'm killing you

Clearly Samantha is talking here. I don't feel like she would say this to any of the zombie characters. She must be saying this to Maxis.

you see me now you

don't cry when I am

gone

She is VERY CLEARLY talking to Maxis here. After he was shot (not killed) all he cared about was revenge. He didn't care that his daughter was where she was. This might've been caused by what he saw after he teleported.

I can't give in

I won't give in

Trying to not give in, give Maxis control of the zombies.

Honestly, analyzing songs never give definitive results. While something is there, they're usually more metaphorical and emotional than plot-driven. Even the things you make out can be easily disputed. Why? Songs are just poetry with lyrics. Poetry can be interpreted many different ways, so I exclude the songs altogether.

Theory: Sometime between Moon and Ascension Maxis got control of the zombies, but Samantha did as well.

In Moon, you blow the Earth up... Not to mention that Richtofen is then in control of them...

3: Samantha is half jewish, Maxis signed a deal with the Nazi party to protect her.

Why would Maxis choose to help the Nazis when his goal was to improve humanity? The reason is Samantha is jewish on her mom's side. Her mom was killed for being jewish.

More proof? If you listen to "Pareidolia" backwards, you can VERY CLEARLY here "Save me moses". This is the part of the song where she says "The loneliness is only missed when I am alone." That doesn't sound right, does it?

Dr. Maxis said the reason why he signed it. They needed money to fulfill their real purpose, but they underestimated how devastating and long the war would be. You assume he's lying when he says that, but he has no reason to lie. He told Richtofen in confidence. Why would he lie to a confidant? We know Samantha was German because her father was and she even had a German accent. Any Jewish roots are unknown, uncomfirmed, and unplausible.

Again, I'm not trying to be mean. I'm just being a bit aggressive in my tackling of criticism.

It's been proven time and time that the maps occur in order, as stated above, they are not chronologically in order, but to the characters they are. There is even a huge thread about this in the zombies section. Ascension taking place after Moon just doesn't make sense.

Maxis is in the computer on Moon, there's been theories as to him still being alive, but not in the Aether. The zombies in almost every map will scream "SAM!" periodically. Also, there is a pretty plausible theory out there that points to the Devil being the other one in control of the zombies. This is especially strengthened by Sam's quote in Moon after her and Richtofen switch bodies.

"Something far darker than you lies in there Edward!"

I doubt she would see her father as some dark being especially if she helped him stop Richtofen's plans literally right after saying that.

As for you last theory, it's likely but I doubt this is the case. Maxis did make the deal for funding purposes only, maybe he did to also protect his daughter. But in the grand scheme of things, this doesn't hold much relevance.

I apologize if I came off as a douche, I don't wish to be mean, I simply wanted to point out general opinion on this site.

“Ancient temples, Russian Cosmodromes, being stuck in a dark closet with Richtofen. Eh, what an adventure.” wpck_upgrade_wait

Dempsey's quote on Shangri La when waiting for the Pack-A-Punch machine to finish. Basically stating the last maps we just played on. Ascension(Russian Cosmodrome) to a closet in Call of the Dead to ancient temples of Shangri La.

Dempsey is basically providing us with the order of the last maps. His memory has only began to return around Ascension - Call of the Dead, so any maps before that he cannot recall.

“Ancient temples, Russian Cosmodromes, being stuck in a dark closet with Richtofen. Eh, what an adventure.” wpck_upgrade_wait

Dempsey's quote on Shangri La when waiting for the Pack-A-Punch machine to finish. Basically stating the last maps we just played on. Ascension(Russian Cosmodrome) to a closet in Call of the Dead to ancient temples of Shangri La.

Dempsey is basically providing us with the order of the last maps. His memory has only began to return around Ascension - Call of the Dead, so any maps before that he cannot recall.

Not entirely true. He remembers all the maps, just nothing before.

"Richtofen. I don't like him. I think I've seen him before Shi No Numa, but can't quite remmeber. In fact, I can't remember much at all from before." - Dempsey

Not entirely true. He remembers all the maps, just nothing before.

"Richtofen. I don't like him. I think I've seen him before Shi No Numa, but can't quite remmeber. In fact, I can't remember much at all from before." - Dempsey

Lol. You're getting off topic Murder.

My point is Dempsey doesn't remember anything about the order of the maps before Ascension.

His recollection of everything before then is extremely blurry, like he stated.

also if you go into the multiplayer map convoy you can find to magazines. their title seems to be "EXPOSED" and one shows a picture of accension on it and i couldnt read the writeing. now the other one got me intrested because it states something along these lines... "Russians launch first primate into space and returns a....." i just asumed one of the little space monkeys from the map. but this supports the time of accension