The Shangri-La and Mars Connection

Tac

So... you believe Zielinski?

I believe what he says is of significance, and not just him going on twitter just to post some random nonsense. The reason he's always super vague about stuff is because he doesn't want to reveal secrets and hidden things in Zombies. He said so himself.

• Replies 346
  • Created
  • Last Reply

So... you believe Zielinski?

I believe what he says is of significance, and not just him going on twitter just to post some random nonsense. The reason he's always super vague about stuff is because he doesn't want to reveal secrets and hidden things in Zombies. He said so himself.

I dont think the biggest secret in zombies is that Shangri La is on mars. Why would it be? I think their is something meant to be on the mountain but isnt in game.

Well, just read this thread and must say I'm disappointed at the negativity and disrespectful posts by some members. Some that are current users. Tac put a lot of work into this and deserves recognition and or acceptance of his efforts whether it be right or wrong. Well done Tac.

Now I honestly have no idea but appreciate the thought and appreciate the effort gone into this.

At the end of the day I have no bloody idea, it got me thinking of the rift. Is it possible we are not travelling at all? Characters are their own being, they never move anywhere. They are suspended in one place and the vril brings space and time to them in an instant. They don't teleport at all.

Eg, Richtofen's first experience with teleportation. He's still in the exact same spot, the moon MPD than Shangri la where bought to him engulfing his reality and his reallity alone, hence other people don't experience it.

Well, just read this thread and must say I'm disappointed at the negativity and disrespectful posts by some members. Some that are current users. Tac put a lot of work into this and deserves recognition and or acceptance of his efforts whether it be right or wrong. Well done Tac.

Now I honestly have no idea but appreciate the thought and appreciate the effort gone into this.

At the end of the day I have no bloody idea, it got me thinking of the rift. Is it possible we are not travelling at all? Characters are their own being, they never move anywhere. They are suspended in one place and the vril brings space and time to them in an instant. They don't teleport at all.

Eg, Richtofen's first experience with teleportation. He's still in the exact same spot, the moon MPD than Shangri la where bought to him engulfing his reality and his reallity alone, hence other people don't experience it.

The community are always split up about this topic, I always find that the people who say its on Mars seem to start the discussion and then those who believe it isn't always try and end the discussion. I dont just mean this post as I haven't read through it all but in general on like YouTube and stuff.

I remember reading this thread long before I officially joined these forums. Was one of the main things that drew me into the hidden depth in the story. Great read.

I think Jimmy Z was very vague on BO2 to purposely keep us interested in it, even though there wasn't much there, but I think his tweets were mostly empty words. Which ruins any credibility his future tweets might have. But his tweets about this map were more specific and seemed to be intentionally trying to get us to dig into it. There was clearly a lot going on with the loading screens, the radios, the objects around the map, and other pieces of the map and we still don't understand it. I think the Mars info shows that there's more to this then just a location in the jungle. 

I personally don't think the map takes place on Mars just like I don't think MotD takes place in the real Alcatraz. Shangri La was the first map to introduce the cycle in the radio recordings and the first map that really got into Argatha. I think the Mars stuff is a hint or indicator of Alien involvement, perhaps a background component to the Vril side of the story. And if you take into account that the next map we go to is in Space, then the Mars stuff isn't so far fetched. So even though I don't think the map physically takes place on Mars, I think the Mars side of it plays a bigger role in the story then any real geography location for the map. 

Although that was probably masterfully worded, I don't quite think that's the case... yet we don't know yet...

Although that was probably masterfully worded, I don't quite think that's the case... yet we don't know yet...

I actually love not knowing, makes waiting for the next map even more exciting.

Eh, it gives some excitement sometimes with not knowing. Yet, if the map turns to shit post-release, that excitement would fade.

I'm not saying that you shouldn't, in fact, it's great you do. Though, for me, although I do like that, I can't ever completely keep my hopes up for it. Especially after the atrocities that they had in BOII (minus, say, MOTD/Nuketown/Origins)...

• 11 months later...

Shangri La on Mars: The story will break out in hives as Treyarch finally explains that Shangri La is on Mars and the source of the zombie outbreak WAS in-fact an ancient problem... DOOM guy's problem... Suddenly, you are met by a cyber demon and have to face off in the DOOM 2 finale room. You must shoot a rocket in between that cunts beautiful face! Seven times!

Shangri La is in Brazil: The story will fall flat on its face as Treyarch finally explains that Shangri La is in Brazil! Where Richtofen found that "fourth" test subject and where the "fourth" test subject will return! As the dead subject rises from his grave, you realize that the game started in black and white. Also, the fourth subject just jumped away. So this entire map is basically CotD with Mexican Subject instead of George Romero.

Shangri La is in the Grand Canyon: The story ignites controversy as Treyarch finally explains that Shangri La was under the Grand Canyon! Hallow Earth theorists celebrate as four unlikely characters begin a hike adventure through the canyons in 1869. During their adventure, the four unlikely characters find themselves falling into a pit leading them to the paradise of the underworld. Shadow Man appears and starts masterbating all over the characters.

Shangri La is in Peru: I'm only adding this scenario because I said it was in Brazil, Peru. How fucked am I? Anyways, fuck Shangri La. Fuck being logical and fuck me. Anyone? Please, I'm so lonely! Oh, right. Treyarch will amaze the fans as they reveal that Shangri La is in Peru, FUCK!

Shangri La is in a Stussy Store: Treyarch trolls fans into the rape chair as they explain that Shangri La is located inside a John K Stussy Store. Once inside as four unlikely characters, you learn that John K wants to eat your John Cock. 

This has been a walk along the fringes of my mind. Thanks for joining me.

2 hours ago, DrVonstool said:

Shangri La on Mars: The story will break out in hives as Treyarch finally explains that Shangri La is on Mars and the source of the zombie outbreak WAS in-fact an ancient problem... DOOM guy's problem... Suddenly, you are met by a cyber demon and have to face off in the DOOM 2 finale room. You must shoot a rocket in between that cunts beautiful face! Seven times!

Shangri La is in Brazil: The story will fall flat on its face as Treyarch finally explains that Shangri La is in Brazil! Where Richtofen found that "fourth" test subject and where the "fourth" test subject will return! As the dead subject rises from his grave, you realize that the game started in black and white. Also, the fourth subject just jumped away. So this entire map is basically CotD with Mexican Subject instead of George Romero.

Shangri La is in the Grand Canyon: The story ignites controversy as Treyarch finally explains that Shangri La was under the Grand Canyon! Hallow Earth theorists celebrate as four unlikely characters begin a hike adventure through the canyons in 1869. During their adventure, the four unlikely characters find themselves falling into a pit leading them to the paradise of the underworld. Shadow Man appears and starts masterbating all over the characters.

Shangri La is in Peru: I'm only adding this scenario because I said it was in Brazil, Peru. How fucked am I? Anyways, fuck Shangri La. Fuck being logical and fuck me. Anyone? Please, I'm so lonely! Oh, right. Treyarch will amaze the fans as they reveal that Shangri La is in Peru, FUCK!

Shangri La is in a Stussy Store: Treyarch trolls fans into the rape chair as they explain that Shangri La is located inside a John K Stussy Store. Once inside as four unlikely characters, you learn that John K wants to eat your John Cock. 

This has been a walk along the fringes of my mind. Thanks for joining me.

Can I ask what the point of this post was? It seemed pretty irrelevant compared to the other posts here, especially considering the last post was almost exactly a year ago.

We don't need to bring up old topics unless it really is relevant to what is being discussed in relation to today's gameplay and storyline events.

@Covert Gunman I'm kind of on a mission to understand more of this lore. So, I added to the madness that is Shangri La. People claimed it was Mars, I claimed it was Brazil, Peru (Like a classy ass), and I had an idea that it was in the Grand Canyon. The Grand Canyon idea was inspired from a book I wanted to write that captured the fascination of Treyarch zombies story and intricacy inside a linear book that can be understood from cover to cover. However, I never got around to making the book sensible and what not, it was just a series of events that were inspired by the game. Anyways, my post was a comedic post about this topic and how divided some people are about it. I mean, this topic is still a fresh topic in today's gameplay and storyline events considering the whole story is apart of one story and is not divided by the game title or time. We always need to have a fresh look at old material and Shangri La as well as Ascension is getting a lot of attention. My way of putting things is always in the form of humor. You may not like my humor which is completely legitimate but this is how I communicate. I feel that Shangri La is still a mystery and still holds a fresh place in my wanting heart. So, you could say I summerized the whole post and its comments into one crazy post with little to no relation to the original post or you could say that I contributed to my capacity my two cents to an insane topic of discussion: Where does Shangri La take place? My assumptions were Brazil, Mars, Grand Canyon, Peru, or a Stussy Store. I also included with my assumptions an in-depth look at how the future would play out if Treyarch came out legitimately with my assumptions as truth. Using these scenarios as comedic structure for some insane outcomes. I thought it would be funny and yet informative of how diabolically brain numbing this topic is and how wild the theories can get. Such as my apparently radical idea that Shangri La is inside the Earth. After Senpai @Tac schooled me on the fact that Shangri La is the gateway and not the heavens themselves, I conceded my radical idea for a more realistic one. This post was actually made prior to this understanding and is officially given the stamp of old. But that doesn't mean that Shangri La or it's storyline events aren't for today's topics. It's completely relevant in everyday humor and discussions surrounding the story and/or the order of events with which this game tries to follow.

Basically, it's a shit post. But imagine if I just put "Bump". I would feel incomplete. So, what happens next is your call. I'm just here as a Gas Zombie and you're here as a Napalm Zombie... I would curl up in a ball and explode but I think by the time I explode, curling up into a ball will be the last of my worries.

• 1 year later...
  • Moderators
2 hours ago, NaBrZHunter said:

Highly contested, but I don't know that anyone has shared the recent Jimmy Tweet pertaining to Shang. Thought provoking, but potentially inconsequential

They? Does he refer to the Vrill Ya? And "there" Agartha? And "one of those" Vimanas? Really interesting. But how do you know this post is about Shangri La?

• Administrators
4 minutes ago, anonymous said:

They? Does he refer to the Vrill Ya? And "there" Agartha? And "one of those" Vimanas? Really interesting. But how do you know this post is about Shangri La?

"They" is the CIA, "Those" refers to the Soviet Ascension landers, and the screenshot is a fan made custom variant of Shang which was an uninformed attempt to explain how we get there.

• Administrators

Despite the lunar lander parts in debris, I thought it would be common sense that a Russian rocket lander couldn't get from Russia all the way to where Shangri-la is located.

Those parts seemed more like an indicator of Russian involvement in Shang which is proven all over the place.

• 2 years later...
  • Moderators
On 1/17/2017 at 2:14 AM, Rissole25 said:

Clear view of this thing that appears in the skybox during the Eclipse. Can this even be explained?

weirdthing.png

Maybe I am completely off but for some reason, the shape of this rock really reminds me of the rock in the brand new Light from the Shore video:

image.png

Which eventually appears to be this:

image.png

Pablo says that he is stuck at Tunguska. The place is surrounded by fog and wherever he walks into, he returns at his initial point. So is this in a pocket dimension as well? Maybe its a metaphore for a paradox though: Depicting a meteorite, with in it the location where it'll land: Tunguska

• Administrators
On 1/16/2017 at 1:42 PM, NaBrZHunter said:

"They" is the CIA, "Those" refers to the Soviet Ascension landers, and the screenshot is a fan made custom variant of Shang which was an uninformed attempt to explain how we get there.

I'm only just now seeing this but do you think "They" are the four characters?

Archived