The Shangri-La and Mars Connection

Tac

Has anyone checked out the MW3 face off map "Ashore"? Its kind of interesting. On one side of you is a mountain that looks like the on in question from Shangra La. On the other side across the ocean is iceburb like objects. In the center of the map you play on a ship that closely resembles ( its not the exact ship) from CotD. Somebody should check this out, its kind of freaky.

• Replies 346
  • Created
  • Last Reply

OK so it is a different pyramid from the ones we seen in Shangri-la's loading screen? I can get that, but who is the astronauts then? If there were more people on moon, who were they? Or did our heroes arrive first and they view someone else arriving? Could this pyramid just have that much power, that it destroyed Shangri-la as we left? The pyramid creating the tornadon would be awesome if you ask me.

I can't even begin to fathom who the astronauts could be. I think they are honestly just the cosmonauts at we fight against, but I only think that because I have absolutely no alternative.

Well the alternative would be that it is our crew and they are watching another one land. The question is then who is in the temple? It could be Maxis but I can't prove it. I would like to think that is what is going on though. We are the astronauts and we are watching another pyramid land somewhere other than where we are. The lone astronaut probably got too close to it and turned during it's cool down time or something. If it can create tornadoes I am sure it could turn something into a zombie. Didn't vril have good and bad capabilities?

It's a nice theory, but I think it's wrong. I still don't think that how Brock and Gary got there has been answered, or how any of the people-turned-zombies got there. And with the "range of posibilities" maybe we're missing something underground? They said Shangri-La was a mountain pass, so maybe the map is just part of a mountain pass, and they tried going underground(?) Not to doubt the Mars theory, but I don't think 3ARC would take us to another planet before going to the moon. I personally don't think they need to go anywhere else in our Solar System, the moon is good enough :D As for the mine, perhaps it was just an ancient location of 115 that was discovered on accident by Richtofen when he was teleported. But I wont argue, just have a reasonable explanation for how everyone got to Mars (the people-turned-zombies and Brock and Gary).

OK so it is a different pyramid from the ones we seen in Shangri-la's loading screen? I can get that, but who is the astronauts then? If there were more people on moon, who were they? Or did our heroes arrive first and they view someone else arriving? Could this pyramid just have that much power, that it destroyed Shangri-la as we left? The pyramid creating the tornadon would be awesome if you ask me.

I can't even begin to fathom who the astronauts could be. I think they are honestly just the cosmonauts at we fight against, but I only think that because I have absolutely no alternative.

I've heard this referred to as the Tacitus Ravine. And if the loading screen is supposed to occur after Samantha is out of the MPD, as Tac said, then perhaps it is the O3 + Sam - post Big Bang

There are so many theories being thrown around, it gets sort of confusing, but what if we are going about this the wrong way? What if the Shangri-La and Moon loading scenes are happening during/after when we play on Moon. By the looks of the electricity, it seems the tornado would be composed of element 115, allowing the pyramids/temples to teleport safely to another location. Now, I believe the shadow of Samantha is metaphorical, just like the shadow of 115 on the Ascension loading screen.

Now since on the loading screen there is the pyramid floating to the Moon and since we obviously don't see any pyramids of that sort on the Moon, I really think the loading screens are describing what happened after/during Moon. The Vril-Ya or another group might have teleported Shangri-La to stop it from being destroyed by the rockets. The four people in cosmonaut suits could just be our characters after the events on Moon, finding the teleported pyramid(s).

Basically, when the characters were at Shangri-La, it was in the Himalayas or wherever people think it was before the tweets (or at least not Moon). And later on the events of the loading screen happened, after or during the events of Moon. Thank you for your time.

• Administrators

It's a nice theory, but I think it's wrong. I still don't think that how Brock and Gary got there has been answered, or how any of the people-turned-zombies got there. And with the "range of posibilities" maybe we're missing something underground? They said Shangri-La was a mountain pass, so maybe the map is just part of a mountain pass, and they tried going underground(?) Not to doubt the Mars theory, but I don't think 3ARC would take us to another planet before going to the moon. I personally don't think they need to go anywhere else in our Solar System, the moon is good enough :D As for the mine, perhaps it was just an ancient location of 115 that was discovered on accident by Richtofen when he was teleported. But I wont argue, just have a reasonable explanation for how everyone got to Mars (the people-turned-zombies and Brock and Gary).

My theory is that the map wasn't moved until after they arrived. The natives have been there for a long time, decades, and they are the zombies I think. Then Brock and Gary are trying to find Agartha, die in the tunnels, and it is all moved to Mars from there. That's my version of it.

Could shangri-la be stuck in a worm hole?

Mars- the vril could of had shangri-la there first, since there is a mars-ish kind of red dirt and some second small moon plus the stars kind of look different when in the easter egg.

Antartica- Mabye they moved it there first, this would explain the snow on the mountains, but any mountain that is high enoungh can possibly have snow on it sooooo?

And then finally Paradise, the Vril finally found a place where people worshiped them and lived happily. But something happened the vril left......Something evil or a sign of betrayle......just a thought.

Somthing happened in shangri-la that made the Vril leave and hide either deep in the earth or aether anyway rictophen showed up and turned them all into zombies thus destroying paradise

Mr. Tac Always a pleasure ;)

the gravity difference would be minimal

You've gotta be joking. The gravitation on Mars is around 40% of Earths gravity. To put that in perspective, The moon has around 80% of our gravity, A half of the Moons gravity. Mars barely has any gravity, and FYI Mars only has 10% of earths mass.

- Kat

The Vril-Ya were advanced, but they weren't gods. They wouldn't have technology THAT advanced. Advanced enough to solve gravity, ground leveling, atmosphere, etc. It's just not feasible.

Basically, your argument boils down to "well it could be this because it CAN be". If that's the case, why isn't EVERYTHING true? Maybe Call of the Dead is actually on Europa? Maybe the Moon orbits a planet other than Earth? You have to reel it back in to likelihood. It is much more likely that Shangri-La is in the Himalayas like we have all known not to mention Shangri-La itself MEANS magical place lost in the Himalayas. There is no NEED for it to be some cryptic secret. Btw, if this is the so-called "best kept secret." It's been kept this long for a good reason. Some sudden inspiration after 2 years isn't going to change that.

The time machine in Shangri-La wasn't made out of rocks. It was incased in rocks.

As for the Pyramid on the Moon, it makes sense. Imagine the three Pyramids. Two blast off. One goes into orbit, as MixMasterNut suggests, the other on the Moon. The one that lands on the Moon has it's rock sheath covering it fall over afterwards due to the conditions there, exposing its metallic interior.

This thread is just one big madlib. "You are missing this. Fill in blank hear with something funny ______." A map can't be moved. Even if it could, it WOULDN'T be moved.

the gravity difference would be minimal

You've gotta be joking. The gravitation on Mars is around 40% of Earths gravity. To put that in perspective, The moon has around 80% of our gravity, A half of the Moons gravity. Mars barely has any gravity, and FYI Mars only has 10% of earths mass.

- Kat

Sorry, you're incorrect.

Earth's gravity being 100%, Mars has 37.94% of Earth's gravity while the Moon only has 16.61% of Earth's gravity. That is still a very NOTICEABLE gravitational difference.

There are so many theories being thrown around, it gets sort of confusing, but what if we are going about this the wrong way? What if the Shangri-La and Moon loading scenes are happening during/after when we play on Moon. By the looks of the electricity, it seems the tornado would be composed of element 115, allowing the pyramids/temples to teleport safely to another location. Now, I believe the shadow of Samantha is metaphorical, just like the shadow of 115 on the Ascension loading screen.

Now since on the loading screen there is the pyramid floating to the Moon and since we obviously don't see any pyramids of that sort on the Moon, I really think the loading screens are describing what happened after/during Moon. The Vril-Ya or another group might have teleported Shangri-La to stop it from being destroyed by the rockets. The four people in cosmonaut suits could just be our characters after the events on Moon, finding the teleported pyramid(s).

Basically, when the characters were at Shangri-La, it was in the Himalayas or wherever people think it was before the tweets (or at least not Moon). And later on the events of the loading screen happened, after or during the events of Moon. Thank you for your time.

Yes. This is plausible and very close to exactly what happened IMO. I know we will NEVER really know the truth because we basically write the story-line anyways, but I think you are on the right track. It explains just about everything in what we are seeing in the loading screens, but it does nothing for the hint. I'm not even sure how we got here in the first place :lol: . OH right Mars. I think Tac is on the right track as well. I think it is Moon more than Mars however, but now I think that has nothing to do with the mountains either. I go back to my original argument that this does nothing for the story and is pointless to leave hints about. If they only wanted us to know Shangri-la's temple was moved to Moon, why not just say: "Loading screen?" Why would you say: "Shangri-la Mountains?" I'm not saying all of this is for nothing because I'm lovin' every moment of this. I just want everyone to see both sides of the spectrum, we could be wrong.

I've been following this thread since OP and I think its gotten out of hand. Shangra-la is on Earth, semi-present day (present for BO story timeline), in the mountain jungles of Asia. The Antartic theory is fairly sound but requires too much research on our part that is never brought up in the story we have from the radios. Mars and Moon are just too far fetched. I know, I know, "so are zombies and time travel and blah blah blah..." . But we are just grasping for things now and finding things to make them fit. Maybe we are on Europa or Titan or Venus or Atlantis... If there was something really significant in the "moutain" or "range" tweets, they would tell us. I think they just want to revive a map majority of zombie players didn't like. Storywise it was great, playable-wise it sucked. It's been entertaining to "watch" everyone here try to find meaning in all this but its just not there. Like Samatha's face in Ascension. One word truely describes all of this, Pareidolia.

I think that it is possible that Shangri La is on Mars. Or more possibly the Moon.

Now for the arguments that there could not be air or water gravity, etc. on Mars, that's invalid.

The Vril ya are an incredibly advanced race, able to develop technologies we can only begin to understand.

At Griffin Station, built by rogue Nazi Scientists, they were able to create Oxygen shields, Life Support systems, and ARTIFICIAL GRAVITY.

If Richtofen and his cronies could pull that off, couldn't an even more advanced race pull it off?

And mean c'mon on guys, they made a freaking time machine out of 115 and ROCKS.

For Shangri La, they could have created an airlock shield that's invisible like at griffin station, just on a massive scale. Then the vegetation their would provide oxygen. And Mars' mass is similar to Earth, the gravity difference would be minimal and they could have also created artificial gravity.

So the logical issues are pretty much answered by the above ^

But I'm sorry to Tac, but I don't really believe it's on Mars.

I think it would be on the MOON.

I'm still working on the idea, but the concepts the same, and on Moon we already have the MPD, so the Vril ya have definitely been here before as well.

But my biggest proof is in the loading screens.

[ Image ]

Here we see the temples/step pyramids of Shangri La getting sucked up by some sort of 'storm'.

[ Image ]

Then we see the pyramid floating to the Moon and landing by the astronauts.

Could this be the start of the transferring of Shangri La from Earth, to the Moon?

That makes sense, though it may be a stretch.

Also, what about the waterfall dilemmna?

The waterfall would need a continuous source of water, how do you explain this?

I've been following this thread since OP and I think its gotten out of hand. Shangra-la is on Earth, semi-present day (present for BO story timeline), in the mountain jungles of Asia. The Antartic theory is fairly sound but requires too much research on our part that is never brought up in the story we have from the radios. Mars and Moon are just too far fetched. I know, I know, "so are zombies and time travel and blah blah blah..." . But we are just grasping for things now and finding things to make them fit. Maybe we are on Europa or Titan or Venus or Atlantis... If there was something really significant in the "moutain" or "range" tweets, they would tell us. I think they just want to revive a map majority of zombie players didn't like. Storywise it was great, playable-wise it sucked. It's been entertaining to "watch" everyone here try to find meaning in all this but its just not there. Like Samatha's face in Ascension. One word truely describes all of this, Pareidolia.

This is what I have been trying to point out since this thread started. I in no way view this as the only answer, but I want to make sure everyone remembers that we could be wrong. As for there being no significance in seeing a pyramid land on the moon's surface, I think you are wrong. We see a pyramid go away in a blaze of fury including winds of dangerous strength. We then see a pyramid landing on Moon. Shangri-la definitely has something to do with the Moon, I am just unsure of the chain of events. I think what we see in the loading screen is happening toward if not during the end of the easter egg on moon. It is also obvious the Vril-ya would want to preserve what was left of their temple, and not let the missles (whatever they were filled with) destroy it. I think it is safe to say Vril-ya are certainly involved with Shangri-la with the simple proof of the Black sun present in the loading screens.

If Vril-ya are present, they would definitely want to save their homeland, if they couldn't save the whole earth. Inner earth may not have been destroyed, but the missles would have devastated the crust.

I am still unsure how this fits in with the mountains though and why it is in this thread to begin with. It was fine when it was the transcript and we had a chance of explaining the city we will be emerged in, but now this seems like more of a Shangri-la type of thread.

• Administrators

I am still unsure how this fits in with the mountains though and why it is in this thread to begin with. It was fine when it was the transcript and we had a chance of explaining the city we will be emerged in, but now this seems like more of a Shangri-la type of thread.

This whole thing confuses me. Why are you unsure about why the mountain is in this thread? The entire theoretical side to this must be based around the mountains otherwise it is invalid since it is exactly what Treyarch is talking about.

No that is not what I meant, Tac. You didn't even have to move it. In fact, you can move it back. I just meant the fact that it is on moon now has differed from the original question: the mountains. When it was still Mars I could get that the mountains might look like something out of mars, but how does it fit with Moon? It could end up needing to go here, if the thread did go down this path. I am not trying to disrespect you man, trust me, that is the last thing I want when we just became friends.

• Administrators

No that is not what I meant, Tac. You didn't even have to move it. In fact, you can move it back. I just meant the fact that it is on moon now has differed from the original question: the mountains. When it was still Mars I could get that the mountains might look like something out of mars, but how does it fit with Moon? It could end up needing to go here, if the thread did go down this path. I am not trying to disrespect you man, trust me, that is the last thing I want when we just became friends.

No I didn't move it due to you, I just wanted this thread to die out a little bit because it has become no longer about Mars and about everything but that. I wanted it to die out a little bit instead of being in the forefront of that section, besides it was in the wrong section to begin with.

And I apologize, I had just interpreted your post incorrectly, no harm done bro :) And I agree, the Moon doesn't seem plausible to me just because the mountains don't fit what-so-ever.

I don't know what they are talking about. This whole thing could have been them trying to make us piece a story together for them. THEY might have had writer's block and simply could not connect the stories for the next game. Maybe the hint was more of a question? What if they wanted to know where we thought Shangri-la was. The problem is, we buckled. This whole site had a bit of a weak moment and just started throwing theories out there. Or maybe it was showing the strength of the intellect on this sight, to be able to come up with answers this quick.

It may be my fault as I do ask so many questions, and that may have led to too many answers. Let's just take a step back for a second, as you suggest, and stop with the random thoughts. Just ponder these two words for a while and when the time is right, we will know.

"Shangri-la Mountains?"

Well I'm going to put my 2¢ in and say no... Shangri la is not on mars period ..... Nice try but I find not only the many reasons listed earlier of being a problemb, but I also find it hard to beleive that a teleporter managed to teleport a man all the way to mars, even after everything else zombies has done, after all those problembs Richtofen had with the fuse in cotd.... If it was a fully operational super teleporter like the ones on moon, yeah sure why not.... But in an abandon Syberian outpost, it would drain all the electricity from the station and still not be enough to teleport someone to mars! In the word of Monty python: It's not a matter of gripping it, it is a mater of a two-ounce swallow carrying a one pound coconut!

What if when the Vril ya arrived on mars, the planet was actually life sustaining, they knew Mars had 115 but they need people to retrieve it for them so with their advanced technology they built a time travel device within their temple and teleported forward in time to earth. they took some humans so that they could mine the 115. The humans mimicked the temple of the Vril ya on earth. So their could be "two Shangri las" one on mars and one on earth. When the Explorers Brock and Gary go to Shangri la, they go to the one on earth, BUT they activate the temple's time travel device and teleport to Shangri la on Mars, Back in time when it was still life sustaining. That could explain how they got their. But since Richtofen got there first and killed everyone, everyone was turned to zombies, leaving Mars covered with zombies. Just my opinion. I urge people to debunk it in someway. I really want to know what people think.

has anyone else noticed in the power room in shangrila there are what looks like different water diverters above the two wheels maybe another way to power them just an observation... any ideas?

maybe its not the mountain range near the bridge there are other mountains seems as though the whole map itself is on a mountain and also there is another range to the right of the pap machine in the distance there are a "range of possibilities"

I think that the statement might be both an answer AND a question. Or, quite possibly, a new beginning! It IS called "Zombies best kept secret." after all. I would just like for someone to noclip the map and point out what is hidden in the mountains. Hey, maybe they'll see little green men :mrgreen: ! All jokes aside, It'd still be cool to find out EXACTLY what 3ARC is talking about. Or at least, a little part of it. Something interesting that I've found out is the prototype of the 31-79 JGb215 was supposed to have 3 other statues that could be swapped/equipped. A red one, yellow one, green one, and black one. Obviously we got the green one, but the red: fire, yellow: electricity(?), and black: death. Just thought I would put that in there in case there's another, smaller easter egg within the map.

Sorry I'm late seeing this. The last two months have been crazy for me & the family...

Anyway... Hmmm, I doubt these mountains are on Mars, however that does not rule out the fact that we could go to Mars as Vril did have plans to use Mars as a staging base to leave the solar system.

The mountain thing has me a little confused as I have had no time to really look into it.

Can I get a quick update on the progress made in the last seven pages?

I'll be back to this soon.

Without even looking, could it be the mountains seen in this picture which a few of us have posted may times:

"Mountains higher than on the outside" Bottom right side.

I can't match the mountain range in Shangri-La with any seen on Earth.

I'll be back once I have a think on this one.

Regards Alpha.

• Administrators

Sorry I'm late seeing this. The last two months have been crazy for me & the family...

Anyway... Hmmm, I doubt these mountains are on Mars, however that does not rule out the fact that we could go to Mars as Vril did have plans to use Mars as a staging base to leave the solar system.

The mountain thing has me a little confused as I have had no time to really look into it.

Can I get a quick update on the progress made in the last seven pages?

I'll be back to this soon.

Without even looking, could it be the mountains seen in this picture which a few of us have posted may times:

[ Image ]

"Mountains higher than on the outside" Bottom right side.

I can't match the mountain range in Shangri-La with any seen on Earth.

I'll be back once I have a think on this one.

Regards Alpha.

No worries Alpha, good to see you comment :)

As far as an update, the general consensus among the rest is that we aren't on Mars but actually other places like the Moon, Agartha, Antarctica, etc. I'm not sold on some of them so I am sticking to my theory for now until I feel there is something better, but many have brought up some interesting points. We've had a ton of great discussion.

I am going insane thinking about mountains.. :twisted: :lol: :twisted: :cry: I can't take it anymore...*Pow* *opens chip bag* :D Wow if this ends up being something EPIC and important, I might just cry right when we figure it out. This has been some long nights and contemplation. I am out of possibilities for locations and proof for said locations. If it isn't something in game (and I don't think it is) I am oblivious to the answer. I get on there everyday and even did the egg FOUR TIMES just to be sure it wasn't something after THAT. It has to be story-line input and if so, I think the Admiral Byrd thing is our best bet. Not knocking your thread Tac, there is just way more information to go along with Shooter's thread that adds up. Even the picture being referenced has his name and the rainbow colored city. I really don't know though, I hope Alpha has something good.

Archived