The Shangri-La and Mars Connection

Tac

We are not on Mars. That just sounds ridiculous. We are on Earth. Plain and simple. I understand your desire to understand everything, but your answers don't make sense. Teleporting a whole civilization to Mars INCLUDING a waterfall?!? That's insane. The waterfall's supply would run out. Guys. Please just stop playing the Mars card. That's not it. You're wasting your time.

• Replies 346
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Clarifying my last post. I believe shangri la is in the Himalayas,( evidenced by the south central Asian culture of the zombies. While I stated the temples are rockets I do not believe that the whole area is capable of moving, I believe the time travel device and the mines are permanently attached to the area they were built and are not moved by teleportation or otherwise. My personal theory as to the origin of shangri la is that in the (probably near) future a group( possibly Richtofen or the future equivalent of 935 will make the time travel function of the teleporter it's intended function and make it much more reliable. This group will try to influence the future by altering the past. They will go to the pre1940's and build shangri la in order to give Richtofen and his 935 sect the ability to reach the moon( evidenced by the explorer saying the architecture was more of an interpretation and the time travel technology present in shangri la). The group placed the technology in the past disguised as temples so that it would not be discovered before the intended time. This is merely a possible explanation for my theory in my last post and this currently does not have enough evidence to be certain.

We are not on Mars. That just sounds ridiculous. We are on Earth. Plain and simple. I understand your desire to understand everything, but your answers don't make sense. Teleporting a whole civilization to Mars INCLUDING a waterfall?!? That's insane. The waterfall's supply would run out. Guys. Please just stop playing the Mars card. That's not it. You're wasting your time.

Ridiculous? We play a game as a mentally insane scientist that worked in a secret organization creating super human zombies for the NAZI party that time traveled and met up with movie stars (Just to say the least). Under the circumstances, a civilization that was transported to Mars is the LEAST bit ridiculous.

I've read every post up until now and I have to say great work on everyone's part! The most believable location, aside from the Himalayas, is Arctic. One problem that no one, that I have seen, has pointed out is that if it was in the Arctic, wouldn't the water freeze or act like it does in COTD, where your screen begins to freeze? Just a thought though, keep up the great work.

Lately I've heard a lot of speak of perhaps Shangri-La not having a physical location, but more so stuck in a loop - in Aether. I am in no way claiming this theory to be mine, just throwing it out there.

Before Shangri-La was CoTD. The major ee was "send the crew to paradise".

in greek & german mythology, "Aether" can mean heaven, or paradise.

"send the crew to Aether"

Things in Shangri-La are magical. We have floating orbs, mystical chiming sounds that seem to emulate from the branches themselves, and (apart from the eclipse) it seems time is not an issue; the zombies are massively decayed and boiled yet they are still intact and not falling apart, a gong's pitch will resonate into the air and stay there long after the vibration of metal has stopped. Brock & Gary seem to be experiencing some sort of "groundhog day"-esque experience where they are doomed to repeat their quest until all have the focusing stone. They think they are getting to Agartha, and yet they are stuck forever.

Over and over and over and over again...

In Moon, next to the PHD, the radio plays a sequence of Richtofen and Maxis testing a teleporter. Richtofen (the test subject) winds up teleported to the moon where he discovers the MPD, and then is teleported to a place where you hear lots of jungle noises followed by some sort of native tribe charging Richtofen whilst he is screaming.

So I guess the real question is, has Shangri-La always been in Aether? Did it ever have a physical location or is it more of a spiritual ideal like "heaven", or "paradise" - and which one did Richtofen visit that first fateful trip? I just don't want to get into the whole "it teleported from here to there" thing because murdermachine's diagram above says it all - but I will say that a place with enough 115 lying around could perhaps become an MDT device in itself if... say... perhaps a hydro- electric current could power its core? ;)

NOW THIS IS INTERESTING!

Is Shangri-la the Aether?

If you check out 5:40 of the below link, you will see that Richtofen teleports to Shangri-la from Moon. He teleports after touching the pyramid device.

Now check out 8:20 of the same clip. This has him saying that the pyramid device is a direct gateway to Aether.

Is Shangri-la the Aether or a limbo-like place?

• Administrators

NOW THIS IS INTERESTING!

If you check out 5:40 of the below link, you will see that Richtofen teleports to Shangri-la from Moon. He teleports after touching the pyramid device.

Now check out 8:20 of the same clip. This has him saying that the pyramid device is a direct gateway to Aether.

Very interesting theory indeed. Aether is a place we know little about, so under that premise it's possible, however I am going to have to disagree with it being there only because Samantha is there and she would have come looking for us while in Aether like she did to Gersh, yet she did not. She wants Richtofen dead, as well as wanted the crew dead and if they were in Aether she could have found them and done that. Therefore I do not think we are in Aether for that map. One thing you guys are missing is that whatever they hinted at revolves around the mountains. To make a theory about where it is, think of the mountains and go from there. It is a common belief that Aether has very little, and possibly none, physical objects there. The only examples we see of what is in Aether is two souls, and those are spiritual not physical objects.

NOW THIS IS INTERESTING!

One thing you guys are missing is that whatever they hinted at revolves around the mountains. To make a theory about where it is, think of the mountains and go from there.

Too true. I forgot all about the twitter hint. Well hell then boys, let's get back to them MOUNTAINS!

If it's not in Aether, and if it's not on Mars, and if it's not on Antartica... then where could it be? If we are supposed to look to the mountains, then perhaps we have massively overthunk this hint. Also I'm not claiming any of this to be something I thought of, this is public knowledge I observed from RadAustin.

What comes after Shangri-La? Area 51. Where is Area 51? Nevada. What is the surrounding terrain common to the Area 51/Groom lake region? Desert.

here are the Shangri-La mountains from the Shangri-La side (and during eclipse) - note the orange desert hue:

and now, just maybe, I present the Shangri-La range from the Area 51 "No Man's Land" side: (if you remember, another one of the developers replied to Jimmy's tweet saying there could be a "range" of possibilities or something along those lines)

For reference, I don't believe you can see the mountain range clearly from the map itself - to get the clarity you see in the image above, you have to No Clip to the point where the Area 51 "No Man's Land" map looks this small (about a 180 degree turn to/from the mountain range) ****EDIT**** YOU CAN SEE A SMALL AMOUNT OF THE MOUNTAIN RANGE FROM THE MAP WITHOUT NO-CLIPPING:

So there you have it. Why would they put a mountain range in No Man's Land if you couldn't see it clearly unless you No Clipped? Why is the one mountain in Shangri-La orange/reddish? Makes so much sense to me: Shangri-La could indeed be part of area 51's testing facility. The whole thing staged / i.e. Brock and Gary, the Focusing Stone, the skulls.

The only fault with this theory is the eclipse. There would have to be some sort of projector biome to change it to night. Also they would have to maintain the continuity regarding both the meteor in the temple, and the meteor that plays into the ee. However if we went to the extent of a transparent projector biome I'm sure it wouldn't be hard to rustle up some robotic asteroids (that thing does seem to have a mind of it's own once on the ground!), and to simply project the gigantic meteor crashed into the temple.

Supposing this happened, who could have staged this? I don't think any of the O4. 935? Or perhaps a force we haven't learned of?

Gentlemen I just want to establish the fact that we HAVE misproven Mars as a possible location have we not?

Here are the 2 pieces of evidence that, I believe, effectively render the Mars theory debunked.

-Gravity: While playing in Shangri-la we experience absolutely NO difference in gravity. If we were indeed on Mars, the discrepancy in gravity would be impossible to overlook or ignore.

The Waterfall: The Mars theory says that Shangri-La was originally on Earth but was later transported to Mars. As FatedTitan (I believe) mentioned above, there is NO way that a Shangri-La that was transitioned to Mars would be able to keep a constant flow of water running over the waterfall. Upon teleportation, its source would be eliminated.

If any Mars theory supporters can explain these to me and the Forums how these two anomalies are possible then I will agree that the Mars Theory is still plausible. If not, then I think we can agree this theory is thouroughly busted.

I'm still with Murder on this one, but more importantly, WHY IN THE NINE CIRCLES OF HELL AND THE 7 DITCHES OF THE MALEBOLGE IS THERE A MOUNTAIN RANGE IN THE NO MAN'S LAND MAP??????????????????

Area 51 aka No Man's Land has mountain ranges around it in real life... As to the relevence behind the clippinenss/hackiness of this discovery no idea.

I'm firmly of the opinion if you have to no-clip to see something it's not relevent, and not part of the "experience" Dev's want us to have.

What if the Shangri-la we seen in the loading screen, was the original place. The tornado was actually a wormhole (as mentioned before) but it didn't go to mars, it went to Agartha. It was brought up before that the mountains looked like sedimentary rock that was there for millions of years. I realize the vril-ya should have been here, but what if they left this place behind. What if the "tornado wormhole" somehow moved THEM as well. I propose that Shangri-la was actually the gateway to Agartha until something happened to create a wormhole. The wormhole then swapped the two areas.(Inner earth and outer earth) I know that the sun is hard to explain, but really it could have been like this. What were Brock and Gary looking for when they got trapped? Aha

What if the Shangri-la we seen in the loading screen, was the original place. The tornado was actually a wormhole (as mentioned before) but it didn't go to mars, it went to Agartha. It was brought up before that the mountains looked like sedimentary rock that was there for millions of years. I realize the vril-ya should have been here, but what if they left this place behind. What if the "tornado wormhole" somehow moved THEM as well. I propose that Shangri-la was actually the gateway to Agartha until something happened to create a wormhole. The wormhole then swapped the two areas.(Inner earth and outer earth) I know that the sun is hard to explain, but really it could have been like this. What were Brock and Gary looking for when they got trapped? Aha

But Brock and Gary never get to Agartha? They are trapped in a looping quest to help others, yet they cannot help themselves. I think it's a little outlandish to say that earth and inner earth swapped places - but this game is super outlandish so really anything is possible.

in support of your theory, there were many Inner Earth supporters who believed there was a sun inside of the earth as well. on top of that, there were many who believed we were actually inside of an inner earth to begin with. that our sky and our sun was already inside the crust of an earth.

you should try and come up with more ways to back up the wormhole tornado... because tornados rip everything apart. Only in "the Wizard of Oz" have we seen a house picked up, and then placed down with no damage by a tornado - but hey I mean she was going to a different dimension to. omg i've figured out everything. Samantha is dorathy! Nikolai is the scarecrow! Tank is the tin man! Takeo is the cowardly lion! Richtofen is the witch sending his endless horde of flying monkeys! ah it all makes so much sense now lol.

• Administrators

But Brock and Gary never get to Agartha? They are trapped in a looping quest to help others, yet they cannot help themselves. I think it's a little outlandish to say that earth and inner earth swapped places - but this game is super outlandish so really anything is possible.

in support of your theory, there were many Inner Earth supporters who believed there was a sun inside of the earth as well. on top of that, there were many who believed we were actually inside of an inner earth to begin with. that our sky and our sun was already inside the crust of an earth.

you should try and come up with more ways to back up the wormhole tornado... because tornados rip everything apart. Only in "the Wizard of Oz" have we seen a house picked up, and then placed down with no damage by a tornado - but hey I mean she was going to a different dimension to. omg i've figured out everything. Samantha is dorathy! Nikolai is the scarecrow! Tank is the tin man! Takeo is the cowardly lion! Richtofen is the witch sending his endless horde of flying monkeys! ah it all makes so much sense now lol.

Well that "sun" in Inner Earth is the Black Sun, which radiates VRIL Energy and powers everything in Agartha. The Black Sun logo is what is circled on the loading screen in the OP. So technically, according to Zombies and its story, there is a sun inside the Earth, yes.

I'm still with Murder on this one, but more importantly, WHY IN THE NINE CIRCLES OF HELL AND THE 7 DITCHES OF THE MALEBOLGE IS THERE A MOUNTAIN RANGE IN THE NO MAN'S LAND MAP??????????????????

Area 51 aka No Man's Land has mountain ranges around it in real life... As to the relevence behind the clippinenss/hackiness of this discovery no idea.

I'm firmly of the opinion if you have to no-clip to see something it's not relevent, and not part of the "experience" Dev's want us to have.

Relevance:

1. Jimmy tweeted "Shangri-La mountains"

2. There is a mountain in Shangri-La that has an orange/reddish hue. It is unlike the other mountains in that they are all lush and filled with trees.

3. Once you do the eclipse, the orange/reddish mountain stands out even more

4. the difference in this mountain insinuates that all is not as it seems, maybe you aren't where you thought you were

5. what's the next map after Shangri-La? Area 51. Now I know there is still a lot of conjecture based around the chronology of the maps, but for the sake of this theory Area 51 would come right after Shangri-La.

6. the reason it would come after is because there is a mountain range in Area 51 (presumably the view from the other side of the red mountain in Shangri-La), this mountain range is the only bit of outside texturing done asides from "No Man's Land Itself. Why would they even include it if it can barely be seen from the map if it wasn't significant?

7. If the mountain range is/was shared, then Shangri-La and Area 51 are quite close. leading to the idea that Shangri-La could be just a testing facility - be part of Area 51, and not the actual Asian location we had originally assumed (it wouldn't be the first time Black Ops pulled something like that).

In response to your comments about no-clip, you actually can see a shard of the mountains from the map (barely, you'd never notice them if you hadn't seen the no-clip - also sorry about the terrible quality):

here is the mountain range no-clip from Area 51:

trust me, I know these pictures aren't that impressive - but I'm just trying to move the conversation back to solid ground, as it were. I respect your opinion Jason Lives, but are you saying we just discredit the existence of the mountains entirely? You say there is no relevance, and yet the mere fact that there is a mountain range makes it relevant to the hint. It's as if you are saying that Treyarch isn't going to make us work for the answers? Tac said to get back to the mountains, and that's what I was doing. If you would like to propose something more sensible go for it.

Ahem, moving on. In support of the theory involving a shared mountain range, I've come to yet another conclusion regarding how the O4 would get to Area 51 from Shangri-La so quickly.

Just take a look at where we spawn, directly outside of the giant drain:

This sewer drain could easily be an underground tunnel, or part of the irrigation canal that runs in Shangri-La:

The O4 could quickly exit Shangri-La and arrive at Area 51 via underground tunnel:

so basically here's my terrible drawing of this shared mountain theory...

Obv this is really out there, and has a lot of flaws (namely how would they lift that damn drain up with the PaP on it? If they could, it might make sense why the PaP is wobbling back and forth when you spawn in "No Man's Land" - hence it almost tipped over whilst the O4 were entering by lifting up the drain top.) If we haven't talked about it, it's worth talking about!

Well that "sun" in Inner Earth is the Black Sun, which radiates VRIL Energy and powers everything in Agartha. The Black Sun logo is what is circled on the loading screen in the OP. So technically, according to Zombies and its story, there is a sun inside the Earth, yes.

No. Having a sun in the center of the Earth is outright illogical. AND, the original novel detailing vril described our planet as it is, just porous in the crust. They had NO sun. They didn't even know what the idea of a sun was. They lit their whole world with artificial light from vril. The whole Black Sun and everything is just cultists over the centuries adding on to it. The storyline can say those cults are real, and they may actually believe in that stuff. Doesn't make it true though.

Well I just kind of threw it out there but in support of the tornado thing: I view it as more of a drain that got unplugged. You know the tornado you get in the bath tub. I don't think everything landed perfect either. If you look at the loading screen, it doesn't look anything like the actual map does. Where is the big "Black Sun" logo? The fact that it is there is more or less proof that they are saying it is true. Why else would it be there? It looks like the center of the "Black Sun" had some sort of entrance that was sealed and was never meant to be opened. Once it was (for whatever reason) everything drained inward and was placed in random spots. The only thing to hint toward all of this is the "Black Sun" image and the mountains look more prehistoric than anything.

• Administrators

I don't think it is proper to talk about how logical things are when talking about this game. You don't believe the myths of the Nazi's, fine, but this entire game mode is based on them and that is exactly what they believe. In the story, there is a sun in the center of the Earth called the Black Sun whether you like it or not, frankly. I hate to sound like a dick, but we've had this conversation before and you yourself have admitted to not liking to theorize like this. Just because you don't doesn't mean it isn't in the story. I remember when it took pages and pages of responses to make you believe that the Vril-ya were even involved in the story, and it turns out they are. It's the same thing with the Black Sun, it is in the story because it is what the Naz regime believed.

You're no better than the rest! A personal jab is NOT an argument.

There is NO sun in the center of the Earth. There is a core surrounded by magma. The Zombie storyline includes vril and what it encompasses, but not every Joe that makes up some conspiracy cult about it. Zombies is science fiction with dark influences, not some mythical drama. The Nazis believed a lot of stuff, and "surprisingly" they were wrong about most of it. This game says that they were right about a bunch, but it's does not say they were right about every single last thing, especially that which makes absolutely no sense.

And if you say you cannot use logical, then you are a hypocrite. You get offended when people say there's no logic, sense, nor reason behind the storyline or that it doesn't exist, yet you'll say it yourself as a flimsy defense.

• Administrators

You're no better than the rest! A personal jab is NOT an argument.

There is NO sun in the center of the Earth. There is a core surrounded by magma. The Zombie storyline includes vril and what it encompasses, but not every Joe that makes up some conspiracy cult about it. Zombies is science fiction with dark influences, not some mythical drama. The Nazis believed a lot of stuff, and "surprisingly" they were wrong about most of it. This game says that they were right about a bunch, but it's does not say they were right about every single last thing, especially that which makes absolutely no sense.

And if you say you cannot use logical, then you are a hypocrite. You get offended when people say there's no logic, sense, nor reason behind the storyline or that it doesn't exist, yet you'll say it yourself as a flimsy defense.

It was no personal jab, more of an observation of the fact you generally dislike to believe in theories. Don't get mad at me just because failed to acknowledge their incorporation to the story, just as you are doing currently. I am not wishing to make an enemy of you, I am just saying that I personally feel you should be more open-minded to theories that revolve around that game.

Nazi Zombies is based around the dark occultism of the Nazi's, hence the name of the game and literally everything that has happened in this story thus far. In Der Riese, there are quotes and images and boards full of nothing but Nazi myths and their beliefs. They may have been wrong in real life, but you state yourself that this is fiction. In the Shangri-La radios the adventurers are searching for Agartha, which IS the Inner Earth. In Call of the Dead, we use VRIL Energy which lights Agartha. In Shangri-La, the loading screen has the image of the Black Sun, which is orb that lights Agartha and is filled with VRIL Energy. You cannot deny Agartha and Inner Earth's involvement, and doing so would be irresponsible as you are then only thinking of your own beliefs and not the physical evidence inside the game.

And yes I am offended when people say there is no logic in the game, however you took my words out of context. You say it is illogical in the real world, yet this game has proven time and time again that we can do illogical things.

You are arrogant.

"Don't get mad at me just 'cuz you're wrong." You might as well just say it.

I don't believe in theories that are CRAP with no evidence. Like this one, for example. Had no groundwork whatsoever. Theorists on this site often think about some left-field idea that has no support, but no "dis-support", and expound upon it. I don't mind that so much; they're free to play around if they want. But to decree that it is an indisputable fact?! That's just arrogant.

And I know I'm different. Always have been. Honestly, I'm used to it. In this respect, however, my difference is my strong suit. Unlike others, I don't awe at every theory I see. I aim for what is right and nothing more. I'm conservative. It takes me substantial proof to consider something, otherwise I would have the consistency that you have shown. It's kinda like Congress. They work slowly for a reason.

I think you should be LESS open-minded. People generally assume open-mindedness is a good thing. And it is, but everything is good in moderation. But if you're open-minded to the point where you accept things that really shouldn't be accepted, or at least without much thought, then that's a problem.

Agartha is very much real in the game. It is specifically described by Edward Bulwer-Lytton, just without a name. We call it Agartha because that was the only consistent name given to it. And what you repeat about the maps changes nothing. It still doesn't ensure that the Nazis were in fact correct. The novel details every aspect of the Vril-Ya's lives, including surviving without a natural light source. There is no REASON nor NEED to include a secondary sun which makes no scientific sense. When you have a myth from 200 years ago, it is logical that many cults will have their own branches off of it. So imagine Treyarch's position. Do you take some spin off of it, or do you use the original belief? The original belief was the one that was supposed to actually happen. The original belief was the one the Nazis initially believed. The original belief was the one that makes the most scientific sense.

No, the game lets us do IMPROBABLE things, things that are theoretically possible. That is the difference between science fiction and fantasy. Science fiction is built upon scientific principles that, as far as we know today, could in fact be true with more advanced knowledge in science. Fantasy has no rhyme nor reason. Zombies is not a fantasy game. Zombies even takes a step further into the retrofuturism subgenre of science fiction, in that it happens in the past, which is also theoretically possible. Whether it is actually true isn't as important as to whether it is possible. A sun inside the Earth is impossible. Perhaps the Black Sun was a mutilation of the idea of the Inner Core? But that brings heat, not light. Although it could potentially give off vril too, since vril's source is never specifically stated.

• Administrators

The idea that the Black Sun is involved in the game in some shape is an indisputable fact. The Der Riese board physically says "Black Sun" in German, and as I stated the Shangri-La loading screen has the Black Sun logo in it. I'm not being arrogant in that regards, I'm making observations that Treyarch has given to us. To deny the inclusion of the Black Sun is plain wrong given the two examples of their appearances I listed above.

You say that I accept things that shouldn't be accepted. I don't see how the Black Sun should not be accepted. I feel that you are basing most of that post around my Mars theory, which is wrong to do. I have never claimed that the Mars theory is fact like you are insinuating, there is a high probability of it being wrong, but Treyarch has always been one to do crazy things and make an excuse for it, so I will keep this in the back of my head until it's confirmed as wrong.

And we have done things that are theoretically and scientifically impossible. We are able to teleport to the past, and since you all are bringing in science, I will too. Scientists says it is impossible to teleport into the past as it creates a paradox. We were able to take something that was 100% dead in every regards, and bring them back to life and they are able to move and listen. This game is not based on the facts of real life like you say it is when you talk about the Nazi's and what was real and what was not. They never made a teleporter, they never made a time machine, and because those have happened in the game and not in real life, it is possible to be based off of Nazi myth, not have actually happened, but still occur in the game.

Archived