The Shangri-La and Mars Connection

Tac

• Replies 346
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Everytime I've searched Shangri-la on solo, I noticed that the mountain range has snow on it. I'm believing Antarctica.

Can you get an image? I am a solo only player, the image in the OP is from solo, and I have never noticed snow.

I just played Shangri La for a hour and a half hour yesterday staring at the damn mountains. Safe to say I didn't find any snow (haha its what I was looking for to support my theory.) The only things I can note about the mountains is that Shangri La itself is surrounded by mountains. Most of the mountains are covered with trees and greenery, with the exception of the mountain mentioned by Tac in the OP.

This whole mountain thing is really starting to bug me!

Take it from someone whose immediate relative has been to Antartica. A mountain there is completely or nearly so covered in snow. Meanwhile a Himalayan mountain only has snow on the top if any at all.

lol, sick

Btw, Antartica was warm millions of years ago. Meanwhile homo sapiens have only been around for about 10,000 years. (Btw, homo sapiens predated Vril-Ya, as the Vril-Ya nearly speciated from modern man.)

So on a different note, the skulls on the Alter? Are they Vril-ya skulls or what are they? Could they be Gary and Brocks (unlikely since they look more like an ape)?

You guys are going at this the wrong way.

You first need to answer these questions and then focus on the mountains.

What is Shangri-la and what is it's purpose?

Well I gotta say I'm really intrigued by all these possible theories ,I seen the post on Twitter and I thought he was hinting at a possible blops 2 map but now I've read this post ,great post btw , I defo like to think there is something which the community has missed

Also tac insert mentioned he's a solo player which I am myself as I only play 4 player wen I was doing the actual egg ,I gotta ask I'm still a noob how do manage to get it to eclipse whilst playing solo ?

you cant :(

i think the zombies crew have gotten both things they were going for with those tweets. interest in zombies, and trolololols

i don't think there's really anything specific in the mountain range, but i think by saying there might be, the community comes up with all sorts of theories, of which the zombies team can take bits and pieces that they like and mold it into their story...

Also tac insert mentioned he's a solo player which I am myself as I only play 4 player wen I was doing the actual egg ,I gotta ask I'm still a noob how do manage to get it to eclipse whilst playing solo ?

you cant :(

Actually you can you must by quick revive and stand on the pack a punch stone and let the last zombie down you at the end of rnd 1 then wen u have the mustang and sallys you simply shoot at the each of the four buttons which u normally push for the eclipse and voila. Well at least that's what happened in the video I just seen

i think the zombies crew have gotten both things they were going for with those tweets. interest in zombies, and trolololols

i don't think there's really anything specific in the mountain range, but i think by saying there might be, the community comes up with all sorts of theories, of which the zombies team can take bits and pieces that they like and mold it into their story...

Everytime I've searched Shangri-la on solo, I noticed that the mountain range has snow on it. I'm believing Antarctica.

I found this great video no-clip of shangri la. Maybe we can see those snow caps your talking about, and also get an awesome look around the outside and inside of the map!

Center is the actual map. Notice the lush mountain, with what looks to be white snow on top? Could just be the brightness though.

Panning left and upwards we see another mountain, looking much different (i'm talking about the orange/red mountain to the right, not the obviously green one far left)

That mountain on the right looks straight outta mars, but let's take a closer look.

ummmmm... mars?

Check out the video for yourself (no clip starts at 2:45)

iFGNqe8DNQs

So on a different note, the skulls on the Alter? Are they Vril-ya skulls or what are they? Could they be Gary and Brocks (unlikely since they look more like an ape)?

You guys are going at this the wrong way.

You first need to answer these questions and then focus on the mountains.

What is Shangri-la and what is it's purpose?

OK let me start here. The skulls on the alter IMO look exactly like the monkeys in the map. Long face and all. No they are not Brock and Gary. We are going about this in the RIGHT way, which is HEAD ON. The other questions will help, but not just yet. Shangri-la, by my definition, is a wonderful place that anyone would kill to see. It is tropical and contains many mysteries including it's origin. Shangri-la is also a metaphor, for a life long dream. Something you always wanted, coming true. In the case of zombies, Shangri-la still keeps it's tropical atmosphere, but lacks the relaxing notion. Shangri-la is more of a beginning to me. Even though everyone keeps saying newer technology, I think this map is much older. Who is to say this civilization didn't create the water wheel? Who's to say they didn't create gas tube technology? If it wwas a modern day map, those pipes would not have been leaking. It was either primitive engineering or so many years of sitting. The only thing that throws me off on that point, is Richtofen's quote at the end of the COTD easter egg: "Hmmm.....it seems we have gone to far into the future." This implies that COTD was intended to be after Shangri-la (in Richtofen's head) and that Cotd is in fact before Shangri-la in history. There is no way this map could have been in the past because ships and submarines wouldn't have been invented yet... ARE YOU STILL FOLLOWING?

OK so I will be doing more thinking and I will be getting back to you all.

It looks like sedimentary granite to me.

Okay so you are a geologist now.

lol I don't think it's snow either - just color for texturing.

And if I am? However you meant that remark, it's not a rebuttle. How I came to that conclusion is not as important as whether its correct, is it not? Or are personal jests the way to go?

• Administrators

Who is to say this civilization didn't create the water wheel? Who's to say they didn't create gas tube technology? If it wwas a modern day map, those pipes would not have been leaking. It was either primitive engineering or so many years of sitting.

I'm thinking it's 935's doing and that is why the the technology there is rather advanced, having lights and power and mine carts and things like that.

Also, I agree with MurderMachineX, the mountain looks completely like there are layers and layers of sediment.

It looks like sedimentary granite to me.

Okay so you are a geologist now.

lol I don't think it's snow either - just color for texturing.

And if I am? However you meant that remark, it's not a rebuttle. How I came to that conclusion is not as important as whether its correct, is it not? Or are personal jests the way to go?

No no wasn't trying to make it a personal jest, just messing around because we argued about the turban, meant no disrespect. The snow/granite/white texturing least of my concern - I'm all about that one strange mountain, plus I thought sharing the no clips could be helpful for those w/o PCs.

What is suppost to be causing the eclipse? Because if it is on Mars and you claim its a martian moon then that can't happen. It's due to the fact that the biggest moon Phobos is pretty small so it cannot cause the eclipse in shangri-la (See Phobos Eclipse: ), and martian eclipses only last 30 seconds give or take.

But I am not out ruling any other satellite whether it be artificial or naturally occurring.

- Kat

• Administrators

What is suppost to be causing the eclipse? Because if it is on Mars and you claim its a martian moon then that can't happen. It's due to the fact that the biggest moon Phobos is pretty small so it cannot cause the eclipse in shangri-la (See Phobos Eclipse: [ Image ]), and martian eclipses only last 30 seconds give or take.

But I am not out ruling any other satellite whether it be artificial or naturally occurring.

- Kat

Good point. There's always the chance that it's a planetary alignment, causing a bunch of freaky stuff to happen and it may be another planet that's actually Eclipsing the Sun.

Just looking at some quotes from Shangri La, there are some interesting sayings that we may have overlooked

"This place has power? Neat-o!"

— After beginning a match

"We have arrived in an ancient temple, that has a power switch. That's a weird combo."

These quotes are from Richtofen, thought they were interesting. The only thing that keeps me doubting it's Mars, is the fact that the radios are located around the map. Also, the radios were produced by a real radio company somtime in the mid to late 1900s, so this is really keeping my doubts that it's mars.

• Administrators

Just looking at some quotes from Shangri La, there are some interesting sayings that we may have overlooked

"We have arrived in an ancient temple, that has a power switch. That's a weird combo."

These quotes are from Richtofen, thought they were interesting. The only thing that keeps me doubting it's Mars, is the fact that the radios are located around the map. Also, the radios were produced by a real radio company somtime in the mid to late 1900s, so this is really keeping my doubts that it's mars.

Yeah I think that 935 installed the power switches, Mine Carts, etc.

Correct, the radios are possibly even in the 2000's. But I did say before that I think that it was teleported to Mars not to long ago, very recently actually, definitely after Brock and Gary arrived otherwise it'd be impossible for them to have gotten there.

Yeah I think that 935 installed the power switches, Mine Carts, etc.

Correct, the radios are possibly even in the 2000's. But I did say before that I think that it was teleported to Mars not to long ago, very recently actually, definitely after Brock and Gary arrived otherwise it'd be impossible for them to have gotten there.

Yeah this quote can also hint that 935 continued their work in Shangri la as well;

"I knew Maxis was working on such a device, but I had no idea he was successful."

— When getting the 31-79 JGb215

I really don' think you can Teleporter a whole place. I made some mock images:

It would be the second, NOT the first. A place that is teleported is quite complicated. You can easily Teleport a person because it is a single entity. A place, unless it consists of one monolithic structure, is a whole swarm of structures with furniture, stands, assortments, etc. To be considered one object, you'd have to teleport the ground underneath it as well to get all of the structures, all of the underground, and all of Radios just lying about! It just makes no sense. And when you move it to another place, the other place doesn't just disappear; you had to place it on top of it. And I'm sure they didn't just take a whole mountaintop to make a hill on Mars; it'd be in the news: Himalayan mountaintop missing! Who's the thief? No one knows! Btw, the images are just examples of moving a home to the Moon, analogous to moving Shangri-La to Mars.

I have been considering this for a while and I believe I have discovered some of shangri la's secret. In summary, I believe that Richtofen's splinter group of 935 used the temples which are rockets disguised as temples, to get to the moon base. When Richtofen used the first teleporter, he was taken to the pyramid, the mpd, on the moon, and after a short time there, he was recalled and ended up in shangri la. At this point Richtofen already distrusted maxis and only told a few scientists close to him. I believe only about six people can use 935 teleporters without becoming zombies and this is supported by the radios in der reise detailing the creation of the zombies. I believe these six people are Richtofen and the other playable characters, samantha, and possibly Dr. Maxis. I believe these six can use the teleporters due to 115 experiments done on them in der reise. The three playable characters had experiments done on them by Richtofen as detailed by the CotD radios. The radios also state Richtofen Secretly performed experiments on Samantha to spite Dr. Maxis. I believe Richtofen also performed experiments on himself and perhaps Dr. maxis experimented on himself in order to control the zombies or with the perk-a-colas. So in order to get the building supplies for the moon base and eventually all the live subjects to sacrifice to power the mpd they would have to use rockets, but this was well before rockets capable of getting to the moon. Luckily for them they discovered that the temples at shangri la were rockets. This is supported by the facts that you can see them in the air on the shangri la loading screen and a monkey takes off in a rocket from that map after taking a random drop, the moon loading screen also shows a temple in space as well as a stationary one, presumably the same one landed, which the astronauts are walking away from. Richtofen led them back to shangri la, possibly because of the large amount of 115 which the may have mined. I believe that either Richtofen's grou mined this using the locals as labor or maxis did this himself after Richtofen's assassination attempt. I believe the workers used their bare hands to mine the 115 out eventually causing them to break out in boils and die, rising as zombies. This would have happened from the 1940's to early 50's. Richtofen discovered the rockets and used them to return to the moon to find the mpd because the teleporter was extremely inefficient in these days(moon radios) and were deadly to most people. After Richtofen tried to kill maxis, Samantha and the doctor used the teleporter to escape, sending Samantha to the moon base and the Dr. Maxis to shangri la where he invented the shrink ray( Richtofen's dialogue when getting the gun) and eventually getting trapped on the catacombs. The two explorers would have gotten to shangri la between the late 50's to the present and would have been teleported back to shortly after Richtofen's group left, either because the mines went dry, they left for the moon base or the zombies overwhelmed them.

Archived