The Shangri-La and Mars Connection

Tac

Right, because none of the zombies had any special powers like wind/ice or Fire.

All of the mutant subspecies of Zombies were still human at one point. Gas Zombies were infused with Nova gas. Napalm Zombies were infused with Napalm. Astro-Zombies were inside pressurized spacesuits. Shrieker Zombies seem to be ancient Zombies from tombs.

Do you really think this is how Treyarch would depict the Vril-Ya? If you look at my post, I never said it was my opinion that the villagers/zombies in Shangri La were the Vril-Ya - it was a quote. Your description may be accurate to the existing folklore, but Treyarch are kings of creative borrowing (COTD german u-boat 209... but it has a soviet red star on the side)

Yes. No YOU didn't.

This could possibly be the Vril-Ya we are fighting

That is how the Vril-Ya look. It is the original physical description of them. Making them look like something else is just irresponsible. They stick to detail so much, why would they suddenly vear off? They wouldn't. And for the record, you can find a Vril-Ya skull in-game, so we know their heads WERE elongated at least. None of the Zombies have heads like that.

Actually they are Southern Asian Zombies. Anyone would know that because of the obvious Turban on the fire/ice Zombie - indicating it's Southern Asian and close to India. Also the Himalayas are in the South soooo good job telling me that the zombies are different because they are Asian.

Rude. No, the Himalayas are in central Asia. If they were in the southern Indian part, perhaps, but there's no way of knowing that.

The Napalm Zombies hardly wears clothes at all... much less a turban. The Shrieker Zombie is liking the result of being in an ancient tomb. It's the only fathomable explanation. It was extremely decomposed but it reanimated like everything else. Being less massive, it's more nimble and apparently can control air flow through whats left of its esophagus/lungs.

Thank you. Nazi =/= Asian. Japan =/= Asian (yes, technically Asian, but they are distinctively eastern Asian). American =/= Asian. Soviet =/= Asian.

If we had black Zombies would you say they're not human? It's a matter of race, not species.

• Replies 346
  • Created
  • Last Reply

First of all let me just say I absolutely love your theory Tac you have a lot of great evidence and ideas and I respect the time and effort put into this. However I do not believe Shangri-La is on Mars. I think it's the entrance to Agartha and is on or even inside earth. Mars seems a bit too far fetched and there are some critical holes in the theory.Now I have a theory for the loading screen. I think the loading screen is depicting the destruction of Shangri-La after Rictofen got the focusing stone and left and in the Moon loading screen the pyramid seen is from the tornado throwing it into space during the destruction of the temple.

Right, because none of the zombies had any special powers like wind/ice or Fire.

All of the mutant subspecies of Zombies were still human at one point. Gas Zombies were infused with Nova gas. Napalm Zombies were infused with Napalm. Astro-Zombies were inside pressurized spacesuits. Shrieker Zombies seem to be ancient Zombies from tombs.

Fair enough. I always thought the fire & shrieker/wind zombie seemed more powerful, and the fact that it was the first inclusion of more powerful zombies (or infused as you say, asides from the nova 6 crawlers of course) led me to believe the Vril-Ya folklore was involved somehow (i.e. more powerful versions of the zombies themselves)

Rude. No, the Himalayas are in central Asia. If they were in the southern Indian part, perhaps, but there's no way of knowing that.

The Napalm Zombies hardly wears clothes at all... much less a turban. The Shrieker Zombie is liking the result of being in an ancient tomb. It's the only fathomable explanation. It was extremely decomposed but it reanimated like everything else. Being less massive, it's more nimble and apparently can control air flow through whats left of its esophagus/lungs.

Thank you. Nazi =/= Asian. Japan =/= Asian (yes, technically Asian, but they are distinctively eastern Asian). American =/= Asian. Soviet =/= Asian.

If we had black Zombies would you say they're not human? It's a matter of race, not species.

and your post wasn't a little rude? Telling me that they are different because they are Asian? Duh. We're talking about the little things, not the things everyone has known since the DLC trailer came out.

If you want to get technical, the himalaya mountain range extends through central Asia yes - but also extends southerly, the sub-himalayan parts of southern asia certainly could have brought Turban wearing individuals.

That was a typo with the "fire/ice turban" reference, I meant to say "shrieker/wind" zombie - not "fire/ice" zombie. Obv the napalm zombie doesn't have a turban on.

saying that the shrieker zombie came from an ancient tomb is fathomable, but then going on to say that it's the only fathomable explanation is unfathomable. if you fathom the fact that the shrieker zombie is wearing a turban then you'd fathom a conclusion that it's from a part of Asia closer to India, because Asian turbans only exist in Southern Asia - and NOT because "things from tombs have turbans on".

This is getting off topic. I was just trying to fuel the conversation of the differences in the Shangri-La zombies. Not trying to disprove or discredit or be rude.

The turban has nothing to do with anything. Are you saying that if you are an Indian, when you turn into a Zombie you'll gain wind powers? That's ridiculous.

I'm just saying, in response to the people who say that because the Shangri-La Zombies are Vril-Ya Zombies because they "look different", is absurd because they are merely Asian, a different RACE from other Zombies. Not a different species.

The turban has nothing to do with anything. Are you saying that if you are an Indian, when you turn into a Zombie you'll gain wind powers? That's ridiculous.

I'm just saying, in response to the people who say that because the Shangri-La Zombies are Vril-Ya Zombies because they "look different", is absurd because they are merely Asian, a different RACE from other Zombies. Not a different species.

there you go bringing race into it again! look the turban is in there like it or not. whether Treyarch put this much thought into the turban is beyond me. originally i was just showing a picture of the shrieker because he seemed somewhat of a frosty counterpart to the fire zombie - i.e. our COTD to our Shangri-La, building off the antartica theory. i then used the turban to support my south asian argument. you're reasoning for the turban (he came out of a tomb) is JUST as ridiculous as mine, except mine has a little bit of fact to back it up. The race is not important, I never said the race would determine the powers.

I totally agree that Shangri-La zombies are not Vril-Ya zombies, but I am just saying that the bosses have a little something extra, a little something INFUSED as you said murdermachine, and i wouldn't rule out their powers/appearance as a hint.

And we weren't saying they looked different because of their race. We were talking about the boils on the skin, the extreme decomposing. Some people were leaning towards Vril-Ya zombies and obv that is not the case, but drop the race card thing. jeeze.

No. Others were indeed saying that they were different. (Oooh tattoos -_- )

The mutated Zombies are as simple as they look. The fire Zombie is a Zombie on fire. There really is no more in-depth explanation. Like I said, this thread is an example of over analyzation. It has napalm in it, making it inflammable.

As for the Shrieker Zombie, it's bluish... Blue =/= ice. There's absolutely nothing icy about it. And yes, being in an ancient tomb does make sense. Fyi, a Zombie from several thousand years ago is going to be wearing different attire than the Asian Zombies from the 1990s.

And I say its the only fathomable explanation because for two years now no one else has offerred me another suitable one.

• Administrators

I haven't been on here for as long as most of you so I can't say for sure, Does Carbon always type with missing words or poor grammar? I didn't see him as being that way, yet he did in both posts. Could his dialogue mean something?

I had wondered the same thing, I haven't ever spoken with him directly. I talked with other staff members and they said that he misspells rather often in casual talk like on Twitter, so I think the answer to your question is yes, he speaks with poor grammar.

Tac you still have yet to refute counter-points by Afro and MurderMachine.

I'm pretty sure I'm with deathb4. I think this thread is an example of over analyzation.

Shangri-La's not on Mars because Mars cannot support life. Even if it was in the distant past, which we know it wasn't, Mars would be less red during the era in which is supported life.

And I can't quote Afro because he's too far back.

I thought that was the case. I just didn't know for sure. Man I wish we had more solid proof about this. Has anyone tried getting all perks for everyone and going down in the areas with interesting sounds? Dying on the water slide and the mario jump sound? Going down on the mine cart and the children singing? Maybe there is more that we are missing. It's obviously not something that can be found through noclipping. Maybe it must be found after the egg? I doubt it but...i don't really know.

• Administrators

I thought that was the case. I just didn't know for sure. Man I wish we had more solid proof about this. Has anyone tried getting all perks for everyone and going down in the areas with interesting sounds? Dying on the water slide and the mario jump sound? Going down on the mine cart and the children singing? Maybe there is more that we are missing. It's obviously not something that can be found through noclipping. Maybe it must be found after the egg? I doubt it but...i don't really know.

Well whatever you guys feel we are missing is directly correlated to the Mountains, that is for sure given Treyarch's hints. As for the children singing, Treyarch said that that was meant to be Samantha's Lullaby and there isn't much to it other then the fact that it's there.

Yeah I thought that was the case for those as well. As much as I hate to admit it, and as good as it sounds, I don't think we missed anything as far as gameplay is concerned. Unless it is something similar to the bricks in Der Riese and we missed some intel about the mountains, I don't think we missed anything. It has to be storyline. It is either your post Tac, or Shooter's or there is something we missed on the internet. The best of the best stand before me as far as that goes, so I'm sure you guys would have found anything out there thus far. Maybe we are misunderstanding the hint or something. I'm not saying you guys are wrong, just trying to make sure all bases are covered. Whatever it is, it doesn't have to do with the actual mountains on the zombie map. There are plenty of noclips and exploration out there and it just isn't there. The river leads nowhere, it just drops off the side of the map. The mountains themselves are more like pieces of paper once you get out there. You can't walk on any of it, and all of it looks the same. I don't know what it is that they want us to know, but whatever it is, I don't think it is in game.

Time Travel Will Tell

i found this article about antartica. then i thought about the trophy "time travel will tell"

Icy Antarctica Once Ringed With Carpet of Lush Flora

Read more: http://www.disclose.tv/news/Icy_Antarct ... z1zQtsJNxc

"New research finds that among about 15 million and 20 million years ago, plant life thrived on the coasts of the southernmost continent. Ancient pollen samples recommend that the landscape was a bit like today's Chilean Andes: grassy tundra dotted with modest trees."

edit:* added shangrila loading screen for comparison

Time Travel Will Tell

i found this article about antartica. then i thought about the trophy "time travel will tell"

"New research finds that among about 15 million and 20 million years ago, plant life thrived on the coasts of the southernmost continent. Ancient pollen samples recommend that the landscape was a bit like today's Chilean Andes: grassy tundra dotted with modest trees."

[ Image ]

[ Image ]

Wow....so Shangri-La might actually be in Antarctica. What else might back this up is the fact that we can only find the Vril weapon in the only map that plays in the ''icy part'' of Antarctica, CotD. Why are the Vril-Ya connected to that map though? Not only through the logs and stories about Byrd and the Vril but also through the fact the Vril cannon transforms the zombies into humans again, into a higher species. The Vril-Ya are said to be a higher species, but live under the surface of our planet which is why they're sometimes depicted as subspecies in fiction.

• Administrators

Time Travel Will Tell

[ Image ]

[ Image ]

Wow....so Shangri-La might actually be in Antarctica. What else might back this up is the fact that we can only find the Vril weapon in the only map that plays in the ''icy part'' of Antarctica, CotD. Why are the Vril-Ya connected to that map though? Not only through the logs and stories about Byrd and the Vril but also through the fact the Vril cannon transforms the zombies into humans again, into a higher species. The Vril-Ya are said to be a higher species, but live under the surface of our planet which is why they're sometimes depicted as subspecies in fiction.

I do believe that Call of the Dead is an entrance to Hollow Earth based on the fact that George is infected with VRIL Energy, the weapon that you detailed, and the VRIL Generator that we receive in the Easter Egg, but I think it is a different entrance. It is physically impossible for Call of the Dead to be in Antarctica because the game description itself says that the map is in Siberia, Russia.

I don't know if anyone has pointed to this, but if you go to the waterfall area (where you press the button in the ee after plugging holes in the walls) there are mountains you can see off in the distance. And it might have just been a texture glitch on my end, but I could see white on the mountains. I don't know what to do about it because when I told my friend to look at it he saw the white stuff on the mountain, too, so I don't believe it was a texture glitch.

Edit:I still see the white stuff after playing in solo, but I'll just say it's probably just a glitch. Congrats Tac, your post made it to Youtube.

iwas playing on shangrila online and did the eclipse and went to bridge with mountain range just shot it with everything dont know what happenened but the mountains started gliching if u move around u see two different mountain ranges i tried to do it again but i must not have done something that i did b4 cause i couldnt get it to do it again anyone else notice this

• Administrators

Everytime I've searched Shangri-la on solo, I noticed that the mountain range has snow on it. I'm believing Antarctica.

Can you get an image? I am a solo only player, the image in the OP is from solo, and I have never noticed snow.

Archived