The Shangri-La and Mars Connection

Tac

Saying Shangri-La isn't on Mars because of the Waterfall/Gravity

is just like Saying Moon can't really be in space because there is sound/your weapon can fire.

Remember Treyarch said themselves that they sometimes just get up to 3 weeks to make a map, 3 weeks.

Now as to why the gravity doesn't change, you should all remember that Treyarch puts gameplay before physical logic ANYTIME.

Going back to Moon, really?, sound in space Treyarch?

Of course it shouldn't be there at all but they didn't remove it simply because it would mess too much with the gameplay.

Same with SL, if they'd change the gravity to one similar to Mars, those Geysers would become out of control.

So yeah I can see why it's really hard to believe SL is/was/whatever on Mars, but you cannot deny there isn't an obvious connection between the two that we all missed UNTIL Creative Lead of Zombies himself, Jimmy Zelinski, tweeted about those Mountains.

Bottomline: Don't be so quick as to saying that things absolutely cannot be because a few minor things don't add up.

• Replies 346
  • Created
  • Last Reply

if the devs wanted the casual player to find this secret they wouldnt have made it so you had to no clip or read the games codes.

And you don't. A big theory has always been mars, and to notice the mountain you don't need to no clip, it's there. This was regarded as the "best kept secret" so I do think it was intended for the more dedicated players who are into the story.

I can see mind, why people may think its impossible, hell i even thought moon was a long shot. But they pulled it off. How advanced were the Vri-Ya, they could have teleported Shangri La to mars, when Brock and his fellow explorer were in the vicinity, and they didn't realise it. Thats the only explanation I've got really.

*This is what happens when an unstoppable force meets an immovable object....

You will never admit you were wrong out of some misplace sense of self fulfillment...

And I'll never say I'm wrong because I'm not....

See madness is a lot like gravity... All you need is a little push such as a tweet or coincidental coding, and wheeeee! HahahahahahahahheheheheheheheheHAHAHA HA!

-slightly altered monologue from the dark knight...

• Administrators

That's awfully self-righteous of you. I won't say it's wrong because it's the best we have, and it makes sense. You won't say it's wrong because you believe it's wrong. (That's how to be respectful with the words you say)

*This is what happens when an unstoppable force meets an immovable object....

You will never admit you were wrong out of some misplace sense of self fulfillment...

And I'll never say I'm wrong because I'm not....

See madness is a lot like gravity... All you need is a little push such as a tweet or coincidental coding, and wheeeee! HahahahahahahahheheheheheheheheHAHAHA HA!

-slightly altered monologue from the dark knight...

What if he isn't wrong though, or at least close to the truth. It may not be Mars. There is also a 115 mine in the map, from what Ive heard. Terrraforming or Teleportation could explain this, if it were the Vril-Ya. It depends on what technology they had. We assume the pyramid was their design, and think if they could manipulate time and space, then surely they could have been able to terraform an area or alternatively transport it. Samantha being in the Aether, could have moved Shangri La shortly after the two explorers arrived. I maybe wrong, and frankly I have trouble believing this. But since when did Treyarch care for the impossible.

Finally I found this - http://www.bibliotecapleyades.net/sociopolitica/sociopol_vril07.htm

"A half billion years ago, the Aryans (known as the Elohim or Elder Race) began to colonize our solar system as Aldebaran’s became uninhabitable. Marduk, existing in what is today the asteroid belt , was the first to be colonized, then Mars. When they came to Earth, these Aryans were known as the Sumerians.

(Note: Here we are coinciding with the work of Zechariah Sitchin)

The Sumerians have appeared in a game I played a while back called Jericho. In which a squad attempt to seal a breach in a place called the Box. Now the website is interesting, and I have an idea. What if Brock and his fellow explorer were walking in the jungle, and unwittingly were transported. If that isn't possible, i apologise.

• Administrators

Great Tac, now refute the rest of them.

Also, I don't think "The Vrill-Ya are super-duper powerful and they can do anything" is really an explanation. If that's the only thing you can think of to refute alot of these, there really isn't much credence to this.

Them creating an ecosystem basically covers most of it. If there is anything else, I'm sorry I don't hold the full story in my hand and have every answer you want. I can't hold your hand through the story, have an imagination, look at evidence, and don't say it's impossible.

The Vril-Ya may not have been super powerful, but if they had the technological capability, then who knows what they were capable of. Who even knows what they hoped to achieve, a radio in moon seems to suggests a detrimental effect to the mind of any human who touches their so called pyramid. What if the voices in Richtofen's head are them. It's not really possible I guess, but maybe not impossible.

Plus growing of a ecosystem would have taken time, enough time to make the planet habitable considering how long they lived for.

• Administrators

The Vril-Ya may not have been super powerful, but if they had the technological capability, then who knows what they were capable of. Who even knows what they hoped to achieve, a radio in moon seems to suggests a detrimental effect to the mind of any human who touches their so called pyramid. What if the voices in Richtofen's head are them. It's not really possible I guess, but maybe not impossible.

Plus growing of a ecosystem would have taken time, enough time to make the planet habitable considering how long they lived for.

I think the voices are either the Devil, the Vril-ya, or the Illuminati, take your pick really. I think it's the Vril-ya, that's how he found the artifacts is via the voices guiding him.

I think the voices are either the Devil, the Vril-ya, or the Illuminati, take your pick really. I think it's the Vril-ya, that's how he found the artifacts is via the voices guiding him.

It would explain his insanity. In the moon radios he sounds a lot more sane, then in the one he touches the Pyramid, something changes with in him maybe. Maybe the Vril want to use Richtofen to control the Aether, at the Devil's expense. Then the Devil exerts his own influence, ultimately both sides share the same interest just different goals. Remember the Vril gun curing the horde when its fired at them. Maybe they aren't all bad. But the combined effect of those voices would probably be quite hard to control in a human head.

As for 115. It's ability to destroy life and even return life is quite interesting. Correct me if I'm wrong but wasn't the Vril gun reverse engineered form of 115.

• Administrators

It would explain his insanity. In the moon radios he sounds a lot more sane, then in the one he touches the Pyramid, something changes with in him maybe. Maybe the Vril want to use Richtofen to control the Aether, at the Devil's expense. Then the Devil exerts his own influence, ultimately both sides share the same interest just different goals. Remember the Vril gun curing the horde when its fired at them. Maybe they aren't all bad. But the combined effect of those voices would probably be quite hard to control in a human head.

As for 115. It's ability to destroy life and even return life is quite interesting. Correct me if I'm wrong but wasn't the Vril gun reverse engineered form of 115.

His biography in Shi No Numa says that he was a ruthless murderer before the Republic fell, suggesting that his morals were in question back in the early 1930's, 1933 to be exact. Once he touched the pyramid it just expanded upon his lack of morals and as you said, made him insane essentially.

I think that VRIL Energy is a very concentrated form of 115. They both do the same things, except VRIL can do it much better and much more fiercely.

• Administrators

I forgot about that biography, so he became without morals. It explains his lust for power, and a lot of things mentioned in Not Ready to Die.

That's what I believe as well. It seems like he had a great lust for power, which also coincides with the Illuminati's goals of New World Order, and we know he served them.

I forgot about that biography, so he became without morals. It explains his lust for power, and a lot of things mentioned in Not Ready to Die.

That's what I believe as well. It seems like he had a great lust for power, which also coincides with the Illuminati's goals of New World Order, and we know he served them.

It's like a love triangle you would never want to be in the middle of... Vril, Illuminati, and Hell.

Off Topic: But in Cordis Die's video on youtube doesn't he refer to a new world order. Well a New World. I understand its quoted from Ulysesses. I think I spelt it right. A name I associate more with Fallout, but maybe this Raul is also with the Illuminati, or at least shares it's ideals. The Name is latin for the Heart. The link is possible.

Now back to the matter at hand,and sorry, that idea kinda ambushed me...

Also, I don't think "The Vrill-Ya are super-duper powerful and they can do anything" is really an explanation. If that's the only thing you can think of to refute alot of these, there really isn't much credence to this.

Them creating an ecosystem basically covers most of it. If there is anything else, I'm sorry I don't hold the full story in my hand and have every answer you want. I can't hold your hand through the story, have an imagination, look at evidence, and don't say it's impossible.

What, so now you're a priest? "Have faith and believe, I'm right."

How could the Vrill-ya create and sustain an ecosystem of this size on this planet? What about gravity? Or the waterfall? Or the fact that we can't see the Earth or any other planet?

In ADDITION to all the points in the collection you STILL HAVEN'T REFUTED.

• Administrators

What, so now you're a priest? "Have faith and believe, I'm right."

How could the Vrill-ya create and sustain an ecosystem of this size on this planet? What about gravity? Or the waterfall? Or the fact that we can't see the Earth or any other planet?

In ADDITION to all the points in the collection you STILL HAVEN'T REFUTED.

I am no priest, just a user. I'm actually atheist, so I'm definitely not a priest :) I'm not saying I'm right, but I'm saying it certainly isn't impossible.

First thing, it's Vril-ya, not Vrill-ya. One 'l'. As for the Vril-ya, we have no idea what their powers are we just know they are intense and incredible, and it's been shown before just by the fact that they created the pyramid which access' the humans mind and can corrupt it. They created an underground world, society, and government system known as Agartha. Nazi myth shows they can time travel and teleport. I don't feel it's out of their reach to create an ecosystem, so that takes out the waterfall and whatever other "collection" that I have refuted plenty.

They have created an ecosystem. What's an ecosystem you ask? Well let's take a look at BiologyReference:

An ecosystem is all the living organisms in an area along with the nonliving, or abiotic, parts of their environment. The abiotic parts of an ecosystem include physical substances such as soil, air, and water; forces such as gravity and wind; and conditions such as temperature, light intensity, humidity, or salinity.

We have created an ecosystem, giving us water, plants and shrubs, air, and gravity.

Crap.

Ehhh I think it was stupid of Treyarch to put it on mars. I mean it lessens the awesomeness of Moon to know that we have actually been in an even MORE radical environment before. The story's WAAY to spread out now. I hope it won't be like this in Black Ops 2.

I'm not 100% convinced its on Moon, but I will agree that given this discovery, Mars is the most likely location.

"Good find!" he said with just the slightest touch of disappointement.

That's awfully self-righteous of you. I won't say it's wrong because it's the best we have, and it makes sense. You won't say it's wrong because you believe it's wrong. (That's how to be respectful with the words you say)

I am respectful to those I deem worthy of my respect, and no, it dosnt make a lick of sense and is not the "best you have"

Let me make this absolutely clear. Tac and Telixion were the first to come through with theories on this, and as we all know, the first one to break through the glass gets cut the most. Remember that when Alpha posted his thread about Moon, people believed him to be crazy. And while Moon was never originally planned, let's remember that Treyarch uses CoDz to craft the story. Samantha was this site's creation. So, did they see Alpha's ideas as an alternative? Perhaps. We are the creators of this story and we need to remember to create it collaboratively instead of in an aggressive, forceful manner. There are plenty of logical theories; this one just has the biggest cache to its contents. 

I'm not going to completely agree with Tac on his theory even though I see his points and understand that this is the best option, as of right now. I just want a little bit more. There is solid evidence, but perhaps a part of me doesn't want Shangri-La to be on Mars because it would then ruin the grandeur of Moon. But that's my opinion. I digress.

So we must understand that Tac is probably getting heat for this elsewhere. Respect this thread like any other theory, but see its creator as someone who is in the midst of getting flak for it not being "just another theory." As members of the community, we should hold ourselves responsible to keeping Tac motivated as well as the others dedicated to solving the mysteries in this thread. Do so constructively. That's about all I have to say. 

If things continue to get worse, I will move this thread to the asylum and all posts that are not constructively commenting on this topic will be disapproved. 

[tab][/tab]Thank you.

Ehj~

• Administrators

I thank whoever changed the title to "EVIDENCE".

And you can't really discuss the theory very intellegently when the only answer anyone can really think of is "The Vril-Ya did it, and they're super powerful, and you don't know what they can do."

Actually I changed the title, so you're welcome. I apologize that you disagree with me, but I feel like I refuted your points with logical things. It is an over-generalization, I feel, to say that everything I refuted was regarding the Vril-ya. We don't know much about them so it is not wrong to say it's possible. This theory, in my eyes, explains a lot about things that we didn't previously understand, like the loading screens, the lander in Shangri-La, etc., so I feel like it is still plausible. I apologize if you do not disagree, but everyone has their opinion and I would just very much appreciate it if, as Eye said, not to constantly disrespect me as I am getting enough of that from every single other person I talk to.

Please note that in W@W Der Riese we found a theater tile texture.

My point is they sometimes leave little textures for the next map in the files of other maps...

Again, Shangri-La is within the Hollow Earth, it is possible that the Temple was transported to the Moon as per the Shangri-La & Moon loading screens.

The presence of Brock & Gary is proof they are on on/in the Earth.

There is oxygen.

There is full gravity.

We can see a blue sky.

There are many villagers without PES.

There is no sign of a bio dome.

Shangri-La is generally low tech.

There is no redish soil in Shangri-La.

I'm not saying Mars is out of the question.

My bet is that Mars will be one of the first few maps in BOII.

I'm sorry, but my official position on this is Shangri-La is on the entrance or within the Hollow Earth.

Mars could be a future possibility, this explains the texture in my book.

No offence to anyone who wants to believe Shangri-La is on Mars, I true believe it is not.

My last point is again the Temple. First we seen it lift into the air above the black sun, then we see the object in the Moon comic strip that is very much like the shape of the Temple. if it went anywhere it went to the Moon first. Or it went past it on the way to Mars (The future BOIINZ map.

Regards Alpha.

Sorry mate, but I can pop your theory open right now. It is explained in game as to how there is Element 115 on Earth. Thre were several meteorite collisions with Earth over the years, and some contianed the Element inside. One such place was Shangri-La, where a meteorite collided with Argarath (I think thats how you spell it) and made 115 rain down through the caverns below. As revealed upon completion of the Easter Egg, the temple surrounding the place and the caverns below had all been excavated by Group 935 years before, explaining how Richtofen knew of the Temple's location (and why his name was carved on the altar, in my opinion done by the villagers in commeration of Richtofen as he left). The reason this busts your theory? Simply because Group 935 were there. Think about it, if Ricthofen, Schuster and Maxis had all been to Mars before Moon, they wouldn't sound so shoked about being on the Moon in the radios of the map. So sorry, but this map does not occur on Mars, for the above reasons and the fact not a single person (especially Richtofen) mentions another planet.

Also, I think the loading screen was (obviously) a storm that occured years before, which destroyed many other temples but left the one in the map unscathed. The temples were all teleporters made by Vril-Ya, and perhaps teleported the user to other planets, however only the one to Moon survived (likely explaining how the four got to the Moon). The storm may have also been a result of the giant 115 meteorite landing on Earth.

Archived