Der Riese Fly Trap Easter Egg, missing items?

Has anybody ever no clipped and went outside of the map and watched the activation of the Fly Trap Easter Egg on Der Reise on Black Ops?

Jessop and I have done so on World at War. Within the stone columns, there are 2 Teddy Bears, a Bowie knife, a molotov and lighter, a grenade, a monkey bomb, juggernaut, and an upgraded colt pointing to the activation switch (most likely indicating that an upgraded gun is required to begin the Easter Egg. After shooting the switch with an upgraded gun (which can be done from inside the map for those without no clip), the items laying on the ground glow and are thrown across the map. Samantha says "I want to play a game. Lets play hide and seek!" The point of the Easter Egg is to find the items that Samantha hid. The items from the columns. You can find a teddy bear in the animal testing facility inside one of the animal cages. It is holding a Colt and Juggernog. A monkey bomb inside the furnace, and another teddy bear in a high up building window from spawn holding a Bowie knife. The order of which you activate the three missing objects does not matter, however as soon as you find the third one Samantha says "You've found it! Game over." The game does not end, however what happened to the grenade and molitov? If anybody has found them or know why they are absent from Samantha's "game" let us know! (:

If there's anybody who's watched the activation on the Black Ops version, please let us know if anything was different, particularly the molitov and grenade, and the molotov is non-existant in the Black Ops version, and different grenades are used in Black Ops.

Thanks for the h3lp !

• Replies 6
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Administrators

The grenade and Motolov Cocktail can be found with the monkey, inside the furnace. I'm not entirely sure you can see it in this image, however:

I think they attached themselves to the Monkey Bomb during that Easter Egg though, because in that upper image I feel like I could make-out a Motolov Cocktail in the right side. Also, in Sam's bedroom in Kino der Toten, this Monkey Bomb is sitting on her bad with the two explosives attached to its back:

DUDE You're actually so awesome! This is so helpful. I've never noticed the explosives attatched to the Monkey Bomb before, and it's a coincidence that the EXACT two explosives are the same ones from the Hide and Seek Easter Egg. Jessop is in mid-game right now on Black Ops Der Riese and we've noticed a couple new things.

First of all: we wanted to see if the Molotov and lighter were present within the activation of the Hide and Seek Easter Egg, and they were. I noticed you were using the PTRS in the pic you posted so we're going to see if the Molotov is in the furnace on the Black Ops version.

Also, we've noticed that at each teleporter there is an unlit light (similar to the ones at each trap activating switch), and for some reason they are now red instead of unlit. We have no idea why, because we've NEVER seen them lit like this before. However we noticed that they were red after activating the Hide and Seek Easter Egg, so it is possible that they turn on after doing so. We will play again to see if they are off before activating the Easter Egg.

Another thing that we noticed was that one of the electricity trap activation switches in the Animal Testing Laboratory was lit yellow as opposed to the original green for prepared traps. The yellow switch was the one on the inside of the laboratory and the one on the outside was still green. There is a flaming barrel beside the yellow light though, so it is possible that it is simply a lighting glitch. Regardless, check it out for yourselves and let us know what you think. It seems highly unlikely that a lighting glitch could cause a bright green light to appear completely yellow...

Thanks guys! By the way! No longer HvNz Ninja. If you'd like to play zombies with us, look for QueenZi11iciou5 or XRG KingJessop (:

*PICTURES UPON REQUEST

I've noticed the yellow and determined an apparent cause. If you open either of the two doorways that have electric traps in them, AFTER already turning on the power, the light on the interior side of the doorway will be yellow. I'm assuming you went through the garage to get to the power. Try going through the labs, and then check the garage door. If I am right that one should be yellow instead. And then finally, if you open both before turning on the power, they should all be green and happy.

After my obsessing over it, I've come to peace with it as a transitional lighting glitch, as the lights are red while the door is closed and while the trap is active, and green when ready and open. Something must not shut off the right lighting, causing a mix which presents itself as yellow. Gamertag?