CoD Zombies: Weapons manual (Unfinished*)

CoD Zombies: Weapons Manual

Well I hope you enjoy your time here! I shall start by bringing you the complimentary bread sticks. And now that the waiter bit is over, I would like to explain this guide a little bit first. As you might have figured out, zombies like to die. It appears that the quickest way to help them achieve their goals is to use weapons. If they do not achieve their goal, they get cranky and start attacking things, so it is generally best to help them on their way, and often times helping one zombie attracts more to come and meet this generous, and kind person who goes out of their way to assist the zombies in fulfilling their goal. So that brings us to our first point.

[ #Weapons = Friends# ]

Weapons can be broken down into several sub-groups. The ones I shall be working with are: Pistols, Semi-auto, full auto, shotguns, misc/explosives, and wonder weapons. I know the full auto and semi auto can be broken into rifles, SMGs, snipers, assault rifles, and LMGs but I will just leave it as is for now. Simpler that way for me, and perhaps for you as well. Each group will be covered in a moment.

In most situations you will want to have a weapon with ammo on you at all times. Eventually you will find this difficult to achieve, so keep in mind that on Kino Der Toten, Five, Ascension, Shi no Numa, and Der Riese every 5 rounds or so you will face an enemy different than the usual zombie, and will be rewarded with a Max Ammo at the end of the round. On Moon, with 5000 points and about 5 free seconds you can make a Max Ammo out of any power up using the Hacker Device, and on Shangri-la, you can try to let the monkeys grab a power up and change it to a Max Ammo before killing them. On Nacht der Untoten, Verruckt, and Call of the Dead, there is no way other than luck to get a max ammo. If a gun runs out of ammo you may want to consider your options, any gun is usually better than an empty gun, but there are always exceptions. Usually those exceptions are the wonder weapons, and even those may have to go if you plan to reach ridiculously high rounds. You will not get max ammos frequently enough, so you will have to re-spin your wonder weapon by returning it to the box, and using the box until your wonder weapon reappears.

These weapons vary in ability but in general most of these weapons are not worth having in the later game. Exactly when to get rid of them depends on you and the specific gun. As far as I am aware every pistol fires semi-automatic, and all but the python has a quick reload speed. Now time to delve into the details of the delicious deadly might of the handgun....

The M1911

This is the reason to hang on to that M1911. Mustang and Sally packs a whopping 1000 damage with anywhere from 75 to 1200 splash damage possible within a range of 5 meters. The damage multipliers do increase mostly, at head shots being 4x, and neck shots being 5x, however chest shots are now only 1x, torso shots only .9x, and shoulder shots only .6x. Point estimates are difficult to give as the splash could hit 1 or all 24, and it will likely kill some zombies so I will just leave it with you get 10 points for every zombie that is hurt and doesn't die, and 50 for every one that does die. M&S has an RPM rate of 300, you can fire off both clips (12 shots) in 1.2 seconds or so. Which equates to about 12900 - 26400 points of damage! Keep in mind that is using all 12 shots, the 6 in each gun, all at once. This will get kills up until round 17 using individual shots, and using the entire clip up until about round 43. In all you get 62 shots at full ammo, 6 shots per clip, per gun. It is dual wielded and the rounds are explosive, hence the splash damage. This gun will hurt you without PhD flopper, so use with caution, and keep in mind if you get rid of your M1911 you can not get it back unless you completely respawn. Some players love Mustang and Sally, others hate it. You can decide for your self now that you fully understand what it can do.

Python

I personally, think this gun is also underrated by most people, but the reload time is a major negative factor. Also being a weapon which can only be obtained from the Mystery Box generally people try to get "better" guns instead of the Python. This gun can be surprisingly helpful for a long time, but Speed Cola is a must if you intend to carry the Python past round 15 for an extended period.

PACK-A-PUNCH!

Cobra

Okay so although the upgrade may not seem worth it, as the base damage does not increase, it really is more powerful than is represented here, the python delivered 1.5 times its base damage to head and torso shots, the cobra does 3 times its damage to head shots, so its head shot power doubles and any shots in the upper torso will be effective slightly longer than the quoted rounds above. This gun is one of my favorite pistols, as when it is upgraded it has the power of a shotgun, but a much greater range and firing speed. The speed reloader that reloads all 12 bullets simultaneously is a massive improvement over loading each shell individually, and makes this gun actually not a bad idea for rounds before 25, and it can be used semi-effectively until the late 30's. By 40 though, unless all 12 shots hit the head, you can assume even a full clip will not kill anymore, which means the gun is pretty much useless.

CZ75

The CZ75 may lose damage over a distance but not much. It only drops by 50 over about 25 meters. So unless you are trying to shoot zombies from a distance you will probably have the full or at least mostly full damage potential of the CZ75. Aiming for the head in the earlier rounds will make this gun definitely worthwhile as its head shot multiplier is 3.5x, which means in optimal ranges the damage is around 525, so using one or two shots in the head can keep this gun useful until round 10 at least.

PACK-A-PUNCH!

Calamity

The upgraded CZ75, is a decent gun, and definitely an enjoyable one, but in comparison to most of the wall SMG's when upgraded, the only thing Calamity has going for it, is the head shot multiplier, and the fact that is can be pulled out as a last stand weapon. The head shot multiplier does make a difference, but like the CZ75, the spread and kick are somewhat difficult to work with unless you practice with it extensively, and if you are willing to dedicate that much time to practice, there are probably better weapons to dedicate yourself too. However just to throw it out there a full clip of 20 head shots will do 21000, at optimal ranges. This can last you until round 41 before it takes more than one clip to kill a zombie, so if you do become efficient you can use this gun for head shots for quite a long time.

Dual CZ75

Aiming with these is difficult. Being dual wielded they can not use ADS (aim down sights) so accuracy depends on your hip-fire abilities, and they still have the kick and spread of the normal CZ75, so getting an entire clip of head shots into a zombie is highly unlikely, but if it should happen it would do 12600 damage, and would kill a zombie until round 36. It is nearly impossible to get an entire clip of head shots, but in close ranges if you try for it you will easily get at least a third of the combined clips into the head and neck area, so it makes for a good panic gun as long as you shoot into their upper chest and neck area, at extremely close ranges.

PACK-A-PUNCH!

Calamity & Jane

Calamity and Jane are definitely enjoyable guns. Being dual wielded, fully auto, and still having the poor spread and kick of the normal CZ75 these guns can be tough to handle. Even at really close ranges you will probably miss one of the 40 shots that you can fire before reloading. However, the damage capabilities of this gun cannot be ignored. Although it would probably be safe to say it is impossible for someone to shoot the Calamity and Jane, and hit one zombie in the head with all 40 shots, it is still very interesting to note that the damage resulting would be 42000 Damage. This much damage would kill until round 48! That would last longer than the famous Mustang and Sally! However if you fight close enough and even make half of the shots head shots, 15 in the body, and 5 miss ( I think that is a reasonable number to work with if some one was trying for head/neck shots at a really close range) it would equate to about 25500 and would kill until round 42. That was all speculation, but mathematically I believe it works out. Calamity and Jane are actually very nice, and if you had previously underestimated these little hand guns, well think again and maybe take them for a spin (for added fun use Double Tap, and Deadshot Daquiri to increase the potential of these weapons!). Happy slaying, indeed...

Hand guns overall are actually much stronger than most would think, but true power can be found elsewhere as well. Although Calamity and Jane, and Mustang and Sally deserve special mention for being extremely powerful. Now time to move on to Semi-Automatic guns!

• Replies 4
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Been looking forward to this dude! :D

Very informative with the Pistols so far. I never realized that Calamity and Jane had that much killing potential! I knew they were strong, but I don't really use them because of the inability to aim, because of recoil. However, Deadshot Daiquiri should take care of that problem, so I guess I'll start using them more often now! ;)

Anyway, great job so far! Even if you haven't finished it yet, I can tell this will be more than fantastic once it's completed. Definitely deserves a sticky, if not now, at least when it's completed. :)

Looking forward to the Equipment and Grenades section. Oh, and if you ever want any help with anything, just send a PM my way. :P

Very nicely done. Always always been looking for guides as such on weapons.

Few things hope to see as you compile your guide.

1. Weapon situations. I always loved what certain weapons could do on paper, but not sure how.to utilize them. Calamity and Jane look great on paper, but what situation do they excel at?

2. I have posted this question and has never gotten a direct answer. How does black ops weapons stacked against WAW weapons? Playing classic maps you get new weapons out of the box. Does the STG really only do 90 body and 270 head shots? I always wonder what the classic wall weapons do compared to the black ops weapons.

Looking forward to completion of the guide.

Very nicely done. Always always been looking for guides as such on weapons.

Few things hope to see as you compile your guide.

1. Weapon situations. I always loved what certain weapons could do on paper, but not sure how.to utilize them. Calamity and Jane look great on paper, but what situation do they excel at?

2. I have posted this question and has never gotten a direct answer. How does black ops weapons stacked against WAW weapons? Playing classic maps you get new weapons out of the box. Does the STG really only do 90 body and 270 head shots? I always wonder what the classic wall weapons do compared to the black ops weapons.

Looking forward to completion of the guide.

]

Unfortunately, I am only going to give out stats for guns as they appear in Black Ops, otherwise this would take a lot longer. The Classic map guns will appear, so as long as their stats are the same as in WaW then you'll see some of them, otherwise, I'm afraid it will be a project for a different time.

And your situations idea, I am trying to include at least minor notes in each description, but I cannot dwell too much. If you count all the weapons in black ops zombies and their pack-a-punch versions, I have around 96 separate weapons to detail and comment on. This has been dead too long to wait for that. So I probably won't get around to that point as much as I would like to. However perhaps in some other post, or maybe from some other author... stay hopeful and your dreams will come true!

• 2 weeks later...