Join Session in Progress?

• Replies 24
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I would hatethat. It a survival mode. If you join at round twenty or thirty you have essentially skipped those rounds which defeats the point if the survival aspect.

You would have a false leaderboard showing something round fifty but you joined at 48. How Is that fair to the guys that actually made it those fifty rounds?

If they limited to round 10 or something maybe, buy even so, if they add this I will be severely disappointed.

I would hatethat. It a survival mode. If you join at round twenty or thirty you have essentially skipped those rounds which defeats the point if the survival aspect.

You would have a false leaderboard showing something round fifty but you joined at 48. How Is that fair to the guys that actually made it those fifty rounds?

If they limited to round 10 or something maybe, buy even so, if they add this I will be severely disappointed.

I agree, Zombies is about the survival (sort of), I don't think there is a need for this unless they do something like a 4z4 deathmatch (as others have said 4 vs 4 with zombies!!!) only if it was in a multiplayer game and not for the survival part.

On this site we have discussed many angles to where they could improve or change for the next game. Some changes are to correct gaming mistakes to satisfy current players, some changes are to appeal and attract new players.

One thing I know for sure is that no matter what changes they make or fail to make will have supporters and nay sayers.

I do not like this idea in general, however I have been in cases where I was lagged out in higher rounds and wish this feature was available. Just think of the possibilities of being able to join a game in session, in negative ways. I think this will do more harm than good, I vote for no.

Even if they just keep the current formats but with new maps and weapons I will be satisfied. One thing Treyarch could learn from the Madden franchise is to correct gaming errors first before changing too much to appeal and attract new members. But everything they do will have one thing in mind, "what do we do to attract the most dollars?" I am not smart enough to answer that, only wish my thoughts are not at the minority.

I would have to say they should limit it to where you can only join your friends list. Also they would have to do it like being downed online, start at the beginning of the next round and with 1500 points so you can get a decent gun (although I love using the M1911 in late rounds, massive points ).

If this feature is in the classic survival modes, then make it to where the rounds won't count for you (just to help out a friend or somebody who may beat their record), but instead give the player some other kind of reward. I hear strong rumors about COD points being used in zombies, so maybe they could just get that then?

It wouldn't be fair in the classic survival mode since you would join the game and then get the reward for being on Round 53 for example, without having been part of the team for the past 52 rounds. People could basically boost their records with this. And making the records for the high rounds not count is also a dumb idea imo. So yeah, Join-In-Progress should only be possible for the 4v4 mode since it doesn't matter in that mode when you join, unless it's also a mode that involes gathering points from zombies in order to get better weapons to kill the enemy team(that actually doesn't sound too bad).

only option like this that would be useful would be an option that if a player is disconnected while playing, the game is paused and player is given something like 5-10 minute timeframe to rejoin the game. of course the remaining players once the game is pause, would also have the option of continuing w/o the disconnected player.

this would eliminate those frustrating mid-high round disconneccts due to questionable internet connections

• Administrators

only option like this that would be useful would be an option that if a player is disconnected while playing, the game is paused and player is given something like 5-10 minute timeframe to rejoin the game. of course the remaining players once the game is pause, would also have the option of continuing w/o the disconnected player.

this would eliminate those frustrating mid-high round disconneccts due to questionable internet connections

I agree, I think that the only time it should be acceptable is when a player that was kicked out of the game, so that they can rejoin becuase there have been times where I am playing with a friend and I only have a 2 player strategy for that map, and he's kicked and I'm just screwed from then on

The only reason he started this thread was because him and I play together a lot. His internet is crap, and he's lagged out a lot. If join session would be there, we wouldn't have to worry about starting over from the beginning.

Also, i get the whole "survival" thing, but theres also been times when we've started a game with 2-3 people and then someone else wants to play. If they would come in then, they would only spawn with a pistol and 1500 points, so they would still have to fight to survive.

Here is my opinion: If they can do it, I think it would be cool if they could track which matches you were in so if you just so happened to be disconnected, you could reconnect to the same match you were in before within 15 minutes or so. This way, nobody can purposely lag out or disconnect and then rejoin when it's a lot later in the game. Also, randoms could join already started matches up to round 5? After round 5 no more joining. I think that would be cool.

So the join in progress option would have to be for private/non-leader board matches just for messing around really. That way nobody is skipping rounds on the leader board, but even then it would be severly limited by round number.

So like when you go down online with less than 1500 points that's what you spawn with, but really how helpful is 1500 points on round 27? What I'm saying is I wouldn't want to jump into a match on round 27 with M1911 and 1500 points I feel I would just be a liability at that point.

This could be a possibility, but it would have to be the beginning of the game, maybe around levels 5-6 or so? Imagine joining a game with a weak pistol at round 20 or so, that would be my only positive value of allowing Join in anytime. The joining player would be at an extreme disadvantage, and there would really be no benefits of joining in late. Also, I would imagine that there would be tons of errors, bugs, lagging in mid game, various glitches, and exploits to go along with this feature, if it were added.

If its done right it would be brilliant, they just need to track players individually per rounds, when lagged out the server see's your last game and rounds and see's its still active allowing you to rejoin from the round you exited the game on regardless of the rounds your teammates are on...

I always have friends come on late and want to join, so have to quit after hours of work..

And the curse of the drop out's or lagg often cause game loss too.

How about, if a player tries to join a session in progress, they can vote yes/no to let the player in, if its a friend, they would vote yes, if its not their friend, just vote no and there would be a brief interval between the number of times u can attempt to join the same game and time, how about that ? it would be fair that way around

First off, joining in progress should ONLY be available for private matches, unless it is reconnecting to a public game that you were in and got lagged out of/disconnected from.

Now, here's what they can do;
    [*:3ugi32rq]If you join a session in progress, then it does NOT count towards your leaderboards.
    [*:3ugi32rq]If you are there from round 1, then it DOES count.
    [*:3ugi32rq]If you are disconnected, and reconnect, then it will still count towards your leaderboards, so long as you join back in within 5 rounds or so.
    [*:3ugi32rq]You can only join if you are on someones friends list, unless the host puts the game to public, in which case anyone can join through your Xbox profile.
    [*:3ugi32rq]The game host should be able to kick players, ban players (From that single match), and restrict who can invite people to the match. This should all be available pre-game as well as in-game.
    [*:3ugi32rq]Anyone that is not restricted from sending invites may be able to send an invite to anyone.

It's really a good idea. The only way though, is if the person that joined, his round counter started at one regardless of what round it is. They should be able to get credit for the rounds they complete. They should not get the same credit as everyone else. Say its round 50 and your friend wants to join. When he does, his round counter would say 1.

You guys are thinking about it too hard :lol: . If someone joined a session in progress lets say the rounds survived would count not the all the rounds together from the start. Make sense? And I also think the player joining should start out with 1500 points when they join but just if they join a session that's round 11+. Don't be silly I wouldn't think Treyarch would let anyone join whoevers match.You should be able to invite players mid game but with the entires groups consent. And when randoms search for matches they only enter mid games if there are absolutely no other people searching for matches. I think my view is fair. Opinions?