Different Challenges

Hi, I'm Jay, the oldest member but the least mature. Had a game yesterday with other members doing way's trench gun challenge and it was the most fun I had in months.

I want to encourage more people do the challenges. They are fun and provide great member interactions. I would like to pitch the idea of challenge leaderboards. Maybe shooter and/or way can maintain and organize these challenges. I see 5and5 do many of these challenges, and seen pishifat in action as well.

Way has sponsored and organized many of these challenges. Survival of the fittest, round 15 no jug no box, trench gun among many I have attempted, so much fun if you have the right guys to play with.

Who is interested in doing more challenges? BO2 is still months away, and these challenges can be a lot of fun if we play together.

• Replies 14
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I am interested. The HEADHUNTER account I have listed isn't working right now because I don't have XBOX LIVE. The other account I have is SuperB3ast72. I love playing these type of challenges. I never seen any of the videos from people on here so I may list a few that has already been mentioned. I will list my personal bests for each. These are the daily challenges I do:

A)

Map: Kino der Toten

Challenge: No Jugg, Shotgun only, all other perks are okay

Best: 14 rounds (so far)

B)

Map: Ascension

Challenge: Obtain Juggernaut without opening either door to the room it is in.

Best: Completed. I know this one is a little easy, but it can turn into a serious problem if you go down, as you cannot buy the doors. Only monkey drops.

C)

Map: Nacht der Untoten

Challenge: Explosives only. You can also use any explosive weapon that may be in the box.

Best: 12 (so far)

These are only a few. I love the idea of challenges, because each map is unique and offers a new thing to either limit, or take away entirely. This also leaves a lot of fun gameplay for the times you feel the map got boring. I normally always do my challenges solo, but I am sure these could be implemented into co-op.

The biggest problem I see with a challenge leaderboard (which I've always thought would be cool to do, as long as the challenges weren't stupid) is that definitive proof requires video, something the average player cannot do. And it's no fun when only a handful of players submit videos.

For that problem, you can simply play with people who have recording equipment. I, for example, don't have any cameras to record my games, yet i can see my games whenever I play with Way and 5and5, so there is really no excuse to not being able to record challenges.

As for the challenge leaderboard, I think it is a great idea.

Jay, As you have seen I posted some challenges recently and I have added leaderboard for popular ones. Eg: Survival of the fittest. The more I see people posting I will add leader boards on the fly.

Thanks and I would like to book a game with you and the grim reapers for this weekend. Saturday or Sunday morning preferred. We can do one of the fun challenges on Call of the dead.

Challenge: Ima Pirate.

Description: Control the boat and use MP40, sallies and one box weapon. Can't leave the boat during the round. Why box, *ahem ahem* George.

I know you like camping style co-op challenges. :)

*As for other people not able to prove the challenge, its all about having fun, Don't worry about recording it. Just post your high round here or If possible post a game over picture as a part of sportsmanship so you can tease your friends with most downs or brag about most headshots, kills or revives.

Regards,

way

Jay, As you have seen I posted some challenges recently and I have added leaderboard for popular ones. Eg: Survival of the fittest. The more I see people posting I will add leader boards on the fly.

Thanks and I would like to book a game with you and the grim reapers for this weekend. Saturday or Sunday morning preferred. We can do one of the fun challenges on Call of the dead.

Challenge: Ima Pirate.

Description: Control the boat and use MP40, sallies and one box weapon. Can't leave the boat during the round. Why box, *ahem ahem* George.

I know you like camping style co-op challenges. :)

*As for other people not able to prove the challenge, its all about having fun, Don't worry about recording it. Just post your high round here or If possible post a game over picture as a part of sportsmanship so you can tease your friends with most downs or brag about most headshots, kills or revives.

Regards,

way

You have it sir. Sunday morning might be better for me, til about noon. I prefer to do it while kids are in bed, no one will ask me to go to sleep or ask me to get autographs for him.

I do not have call of the dead so maybe a different map. BTW we did the Thompson challenge on Der Riese and got to round 22. That's right, that's me talking trash.

For those who are interested in these challenges but having trouble with teammates, the forum could help. I tried to implement some sort of profile for teammate help but did not stick. I tried many challenges with randoms and gained much gray hair. Playing with people you know is just way more fun.

viewtopic.php?f=93&t=22186

The more people we have to provide profiles and gaming time the easier it gets to find quality teammates. Plus there are team grimreaper on PS3 and wunder waffle on XBOX 360.

Has anyone made a thread where they listed all (or a bunch of) challenges? I tried searching, but I couldn't find anything. So if there isn't anything, then someone should make it. (I could.)

EDIT: Oh, I see Rissole's thread for strategies also includes challenges. But... it's rather scanty. I think someone (like I said, I could) should make a thread listing a bunch of challenges that the community approves as well as Leaderboards for all submitted scores. Also, people could post on the thread asking for players to play challenges. The thread would be a challenge hub.

Has anyone made a thread where they listed all (or a bunch of) challenges? I tried searching, but I couldn't find anything. So if there isn't anything, then someone should make it. (I could.)

EDIT: Oh, I see Rissole's thread for strategies also includes challenges. But... it's rather scanty. I think someone (like I said, I could) should make a thread listing a bunch of challenges that the community approves as well as Leaderboards for all submitted scores. Also, people could post on the thread asking for players to play challenges. The thread would be a challenge hub.

That thread would be great Murder. I don't think we have a thread yet devoted simply to challenges. Something like a full lists of all challenges and records. It'd be great to have.

Let me know if you need any help formatting the tables if you do decide to create the thread.